Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

How hard compared with other Monkey Ball games? I find most of them only kinda hard, the only ones I didn't fully complete were the original 2 and Banana Blitz.

Sounds pretty fun though, I might get it on the cheap.

Monkey Ball stopped being hard or even slightly difficult once they started putting railings on the stages.

Monkey Ball stopped being hard or even slightly difficult once they started putting railings on the stages.

wat

that... completely negates the design element that actually makes them a challenge...

How often do they use them?

wat

that... completely negates the design element that actually makes them a challenge...

How often do they use them?

I haven't played the vita one minus the demo, but every game after Banana Blitz started doing it in almost all the stages.

The stages themselves aren't even that creative anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Banana Blitz doesn't have that. 

Banana Blitz is the dark souls of Super Monkey ball, especially the final world stages which I can't beat, then there's the trophy which asks you to complete every stage using only the tilt controls.

If they announce the Vita TV, I will be so happy. I can support the bloody system and games at a cheaper price and without having to carry around 2 handhelds.

• Thumbs Up 1

They'd better market this thing properly. At the right price and with good marketing they could strike gold, I'll be pissed if they fumble their chance.

They had me at 'breakfast briefing". Maybe they'll show the Vita TV as part of a PlayStationTM certified balanced breakfast.

When Sony said the PS3 "only does everything", they certainly weren't joking around.

the-limey-15-ps3-needs-to-drop-in-price-

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, the chances of the Vita TV coming west seem low to me. I thought it did horribly in Japan?

Yes, but they're more of a handheld country. The Vita TV would technically do better in the States and the UK.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Looks like it's definitely the PS Vita Slim being announced tomorrow and it will be available to pre-order straight away. There's been a leak at ShopTo.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2014/01/29/ps-vita-slim-available-for-pre-order-from-tomorrow-according-to-shopto-email/

The article says it'll be £189.99, which is £40 cheaper than the standard PS Vita. 

The article says it'll be £189.99, which is £40 cheaper than the standard PS Vita. 

Really? Wow, it usually sells for a lot cheaper over here in the U.S.

Still, too rich for my blood. Call me when it hits $150.

The price is crap. I can get the Mega Pack, which comes with 10 games and a 16gb Memory Card on Amazon for £20 less.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Console-Memory/dp/B00GNW2E3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391076299&sr=8-1&keywords=ps+vita

• Thumbs Up 2

The original Vita is fine, great buttons and screen quality, comfortable, so what if the battery's not that good? The original Vita is selling for under £150 in a lot of places it's really not hard to find one as low as £110 or something. Why they'd charge what is practically now £80 extra for a worse screen and otherwise negligible improvements, sigh.

Vita at ~£100 is amazing, a barely improved Vita at £180 is more likely to get them back to square one, and I can't see it getting attention especially since it barely actually looks different. Weird decision to be honest.. the VitaTV would have been a much better sell over here.

The original Vita is fine, great buttons and screen quality, comfortable, so what if the battery's not that good? The original Vita is selling for under £150 in a lot of places it's really not hard to find one as low as £110 or something. Why they'd charge what is practically now £80 extra for a worse screen and otherwise negligible improvements, sigh.

Vita at ~£100 is amazing, a barely improved Vita at £180 is more likely to get them back to square one, and I can't see it getting attention especially since it barely actually looks different. Weird decision to be honest.. the VitaTV would have been a much better sell over here.

The new one at £180 is £50 cheaper than the RRP of the standard PS Vita. Retailers are probably selling it so cheap because it's not selling and now the Slim's coming out, Sony will probably discontinue the original PS Vita. If the Slim also doesn't sell well, we'll probably see that get similar price drops. 

I think people are forgetting that companies only set RRPs here, not the actual selling price. Sony hasn't set those low standard PS Vita prices. 

Don't worry I know alla that, I'm just wondering if Sony genuinely expects this to improve sales when in reality it'll probably make them worse until the price drops again. Sony surely can't be in the dark about Vita selling under £150 in UK, and they suddenly appear and set an RRP higher than that?

Either they knowingly expect prices to drop quickly or they think that selling something which looks almost identical for more expensive than people are now used to is a solid business strategy.

The price is crap. I can get the Mega Pack, which comes with 10 games and a 16gb Memory Card on Amazon for £20 less.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Console-Memory/dp/B00GNW2E3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391076299&sr=8-1&keywords=ps+vita

The price of that mega bundle is very attractive....it's tempting, but I kind of want a PS4 first.

• Thumbs Up 1