Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I wonder if this means we will be seeing a Digital versions of Birth by Sleep and FF Type 0 on the PSN soon...

Goddammit, I misread that

What does he mean "anything that isn't on Vita"? Are they using the word localisation wrong?

He means "What other jrpgs would you like us to ask Japan to never release to the west if they were to ever be on Vita?".

FREE LIMBO THANK YOU

AND I TWEETED THAT GUY TO GIVE US TALES OF GAMES

PLEASE LET IT WORK

FREE LIMBO THANK YOU

AND I TWEETED THAT GUY TO GIVE US TALES OF GAMES

PLEASE LET IT WORK

Pretty sure the Tales producer outright said "nope we're staying on PS3" because that's where their audience is.

I'm not sure how much can actually come out of this.

Bamco's Tales facebook page said they'd consider porting the R games if the system starts selling better.

Fucking Sony, you better have something planned for this piece of shit at E3, I swear to god.

Pretty sure the Tales producer outright said "nope we're staying on PS3" because that's where their audience is.

I'm not sure how much can actually come out of this.

extremely upset.

There are all these Tales games on Vita that I really wanna play in English.......

Bamco's Tales facebook page said they'd consider porting the R games if the system starts selling better.

Fucking Sony, you better have something planned for this piece of shit at E3, I swear to god.

I thought Sony pretty much said that they weren't going to discuss the Vita at E3 at all.

No, I'm sure they will mainly discuss the PS4 and the Vita on their media briefing. PS4 and Vita is the future, PS3 is becoming the past. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the PS3's final appearance in the media briefing.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

I thought Sony pretty much said that they weren't going to discuss the Vita at E3 at all.

Of course they are going to talk about the Vita at E3. Sony just said two days ago that they will reveal more than 40 games for the PS4, Vita and PS3.

Also, the PS4 will be "revealed", so you can expect some Vita discussion since they can connect.

There is also that Kamal dude that said that the Vita will get a shitload of new games soon including an exclusive where you will sink a bunch of hours.

If you are talking about Memory Cards price cuts, I seriously doubt that we will see something like that.

My predictons for the Vita are:

+ Freedom Wars new info

+ Gravity Rush 2

+ Soul Sacrifice 2?

+ A portable God of War/Gran Turismo

+ Some 3rd party support (Resident Evil Outbreak: Tall Oaks?)

+ A shitload of Japanese stuff

- No price cuts

Goddammit, I misread that

He means "What other jrpgs would you like us to ask Japan to never release to the west if they were to ever be on Vita?".

Ah.

I'm guessing quite a few people will be wanting Type-0

Free Doritos with every Vita purchase!

• Thumbs Up 1

Free Doritos with every Vita purchase!

What about that MTN Dew?

• Thumbs Up 1

Target Ad got leaked, no E3 Vita price drop.

Unless Sony is getting secretive about it now. Stay tuned!

Target Ad got leaked, no E3 Vita price drop.

Unless Sony is getting secretive about it now. Stay tuned

The what advert?

The what advert?

Basically retailers have magazines and papers advertising their deals. For the week of E3/after E3, the leaked Target (a local retailer) ad had no deals corresponding with the PSVita. It also didn't have a Wii U deal either.

It's possible that the deals aren't going to be printed in the ad as apparently previous price drops have been leaked before this way. I guess people will have to watch E3 if they're hoping for a price drop.

No, I'm sure they will mainly discuss the PS4 and the Vita on their media briefing. PS4 and Vita is the future, PS3 is becoming the past. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the PS3's final appearance in the media briefing.

The PS2 appeared in Sony's E3 press conferences for 2 or 3 years after the PS3 released, usually to briefly announce bundles/discounts. I think it was about 2010 when they finally stopped including PS2 in their press conference intro montages. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The PS2 appeared in Sony's E3 press conferences for 2 or 3 years after the PS3 released, usually to briefly announce bundles/discounts. I think it was about 2010 when they finally stopped including PS2 in their press conference intro montages.

When I mean "final appearance" I mean, when Sony focuses on the PS3 for more than 5 minutes. They will bring the PS3 in the media briefing now and again, but it will not be long and there will not be any live demos for it.

When I mean "final appearance" I mean, when Sony focuses on the PS3 for more than 5 minutes. They will bring the PS3 in the media briefing now and again, but it will not be long and there will not be any live demos for it.

Doubtful. Sony said that PS4 won't be the center focus of their financial operations until late 2014/early 2015, and one of their upcoming most important titles for their biggest franchise, Gran Turismo 6, is PS3 exclusive. While we should expect quite a fair amount of PS4 coverage, the PS3 is still Sony's most important moneybringer and they'll probably put equal focus on that for the next year.

Doubtful. Sony said that PS4 won't be the center focus of their financial operations until late 2014/early 2015, and one of their upcoming most important titles for their biggest franchise, Gran Turismo 6, is PS3 exclusive. While we should expect quite a fair amount of PS4 coverage, the PS3 is still Sony's most important moneybringer and they'll probably put equal focus on that for the next year.

I don't think they will be showing GT6 next year in the media briefing since it's coming out this year. 

I didn't say the PS3 had made a real appearance for the last time last year, I said this year will be its last. The first party developers are moving on to the PS4 now, so by E3 2014 which first party developer is still going to develop quality games for the PS3?

Yes some games like CoD and Assassin's Creed will be still be developed for the PS3, but it's very likely by then also coming to PS4. And those live demos will be played on the PS4, not the PS3.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Basically retailers have magazines and papers advertising their deals. For the week of E3/after E3, the leaked Target (a local retailer) ad had no deals corresponding with the PSVita. It also didn't have a Wii U deal either.

It's possible that the deals aren't going to be printed in the ad as apparently previous price drops have been leaked before this way. I guess people will have to watch E3 if they're hoping for a price drop.

...Didn't Target just have a huge sale on the vita where they give you a 50 dollar gift card if you bought a system?  Other stores like Gamestop and Best Buy are doing the same thing too.  They must be preparing for a price drop and sence sony isn't giving one, they are having deals to try and sell the systems.

That sale helped me get my Vita :)

If Sony isn't having a price drop, they are going to have major price drops for the systems other things like the other priced memory cards, and maybe sell a revised vita with 4gb internal storage and a 30-day trial for Plus.

Yup! They did! That is why a ton of people are holding off on buying one. Waiting till E3 since the price drop doesn't seem to be leaked through ads anymore.

Edit: Found the ad controversy that happened last time.

In July 2007, a user with the avatar "speedy1961" posted information from an upcoming Circuit City Sunday newspaper ad flyer revealing a $100 PlayStation 3 price drop. Weeks later, Circuit City subpoenaed CAG Productions, LLC in an effort to obtain speedy1961's identity. To fight Circuit City, CAG hired an attorney and filed an Objection and Motion to Quash the subpoena. In February 2009, after declaring bankruptcy, Circuit City filed an order of Nonsuit, officially ending the matter, keeping "speedy1961's" identity a secret."

Edited by Autosaver

I don't think they will be showing GT6 next year in the media briefing since it's coming out this year. 

I didn't say the PS3 had made a real appearance for the last time last year, I said this year will be its last. The first party developers are moving on to the PS4 now, so by E3 2014 which first party developer is still going to develop quality games for the PS3?

Yes some games like CoD and Assassin's Creed will be still be developed for the PS3, but it's very likely by then also coming to PS4. And those live demos will be played on the PS4, not the PS3.

Isn't GT one of the highest selling franchises of all time, though? They'll probably devote some time to it.

Only reason I can think of them not doing so is if they want to put the spotlight on Drive Club (which seems pretty reasonable to me).

Gran Tursimo seems a lot less hyped than it was in the PS2 days. I completely forgot about GT5 after the demo was released.