Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

The back touchpad does take some getting used to and I still can't hit it with total accuracy, but geez I'd rather have that than make the console chunkier so it can fit on multiple shoulder buttons. I don't really see the need for that.

The back touchpad does take some getting used to and I still can't hit it with total accuracy, but geez I'd rather have that than make the console chunkier so it can fit on multiple shoulder buttons. I don't really see the need for that.

I don't think anyone here has wanted a chunkier system, it's just the drawbacks associated with not having them. I also wiped out my previous post because I feel since it's all based on speculation and wondering how it will turn it, there is no need to argue. That means we have to wait until it comes out, and hopefully it turns out good.

It's a stupid question? You do realize that I listed various reasons why I even asked that question, right? Also, the TV option will be always superior for the Wii U but the Wii U Gamepad does not have big significant flaws to work with remote play. The screen is gigantic and all buttons are available.

I know the TV option is always superior, but I'll not always be around my TV when I want to play my game. The only "flaw" really is that it doesn't have all the triggers. It has everything else.

The screen size has nothing to do with eye sight. Need for Speed for example has had many complaints by reviewers due to not being able to see everything compared to the other versions. This is not an eye sight issue.

This is the Vita port isn't it? It was a bad port. Nothing to do with the screen size. Because in all Vita games that I played except for Ratchet Vita (bad port), I can see text and maps clearly.

EDIT: Actually I can see the text in Ratchet Vita, it not that difficult to see... >.<

I don't think PS4 developers will keep in mind that L1/R1 should be convenient for PSV users to use. They're developing for the PS4, not for the PSVita.

I thought Sony is now asking them to make sure all games will be compatible with remote play? They will have to keep it in mind, especially the first and second party developers.

I honestly can't explain it in great detail, but transmitting from the PS4, to Wifi, and then to the PSVita does not sound in any shape or form to end up working flawlessly. Think of it of a LAN vs Wifi connection on your computer. The direct connection has a fast speed, the Wifi has slower and higher latency. There will be drawbacks.

I see it like it will be a similar experience to playing multiplayer games online. There will be drawbacks, but if it isn't a fast paced game there shouldn't be much issue at all. If it is a fast-paced game, some places like my friend's house or the college internet will be good. Public internet should as Starbucks could be a problem I agree.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

SUZY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.

I was too late in deleting in all of that.

imagelfz.jpg

So anyone else getting the feeling that maybe those rumors of a huge Vita showcase at E3 might be accurate?

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I am hopeful they'll show a good lot of games. Even if I am currently content with what I currently and have on order (Ys Memories of Celceta, which if its anything like the games I played n steam I should have a blast with it). 

imagelfz.jpg

So anyone else getting the feeling that maybe those rumors of a huge Vita showcase at E3 might be accurate?

Awesome!

Can't wait to play the only 3 out of that dozen to reach the west!

• Thumbs Up 7

Can't wait to play the only 3 out of that dozen to reach the west!

He is the brand manager for Europe. He would only know/work on games coming to the west.

By far the best thing about the PSP (imo) was the lovely Square-Enix support it got. However.. Square aren't what they were last gen.

A new Dissidia or FF remake on Vita would be fantastic, heck I'd even take another random prequel or something, I just want Square to make RPGs that aren't shitty phone games or FFXIII related again :'l

He is the brand manager for Europe. He would only know/work on games coming to the west.

I know. I was being facetious about the Vita's current situation.

I'm looking forward to what they have to show off.

People who are thinking about picking up a Vita.. you're in luck. Target is doing a promotion on June 2-6

- B2G1 Free on all PS Vita & PSP Games
- psp.gif PS Vita WiFi $249.99 (receive a $50 gift card on ANY PS Vita Game System)
- psp.gif 8GB Memory Gard $25

It's also at Target so you're going to get a 5% discount. So let's see how this will go.

-5%

--------------------

About $290+ for 3 PSVita games, 8GB Memory Card, and a system. Not bad?

Edit: Seems like the gift card deal will work on the bundles too!

Edited by Autosaver

The vita is getting a Yakuza game! =D

Elsewhere in the interview, Nagoshi was asked if Yakuza was coming to the PS Vita. The game producer replied affirmatively, once again acknowledging how the series has been born and bred on PlayStation hardware

http://kotaku.com/yakuza-on-the-wii-u-is-an-experiment-and-not-happenin-510075724

Now... watch it not get localised =(

So we might have our first E3 leak. And it's the entire Vita segment at E3.

I just did a check under Vita categories on the E3 website and found the following.

Playstation Vita - 3D Development

• Rebellion - Makers of the Sniper games, and yes there were rumours about a sniper game on the Vita before.
  • Virtuos Games - Did Ghost Recon for the PSP and a bunch of other PSP games. Was well known for their Civilization games for consoles and handhelds.

Playstation Vita - Accessories - Yep, so many accessories shown. Perhaps a modified Vita is on the way.

Playstation Vita - Action

• Aksys - Also in localisation section. Aksys has stated that two new games will be announced.
  • ATLUS
  • Rebellion - They are listed in a dozen Vita categories, so I will stop repeating them.
  • xSEED

Playstation Vita - Arcade

• Rebellion - Again, and they also have a slot in Adventure.
  • WIT Entertainment - A wholesale game distributor also listed in distributors

And the others:

• Vita Audio and Sound - ASTRO Gaming / Skullcandy - I guess some headsets
  • Vita Audio and Sound - Monoprice
  • InComm is listed under several, such as casual gaming. They do virtual currency.
  • Vita Localization - Pole to Win
  • Vita Localisation - Digital HEARTS
  • Vita Distribution - Bigben Interactive, or listed under racing.
  • Vita Distribution - BBR-1 America
  • Vita Distribution - KEMCO
  • Vita Distribution - Mecca Electronics
  • Vita Strategy - BradyGames - They make strategy guides, so I guess they have some for Vita, or a strategy App.
  • Vita RPG - Tecmo Koei America Corporation - Probably Atelier Meruru
  • Vita RPG - Deep Silver, Inc. - Did Mytran Wars for PSP and Sacred Citadel recently
  • Vita RPG - aksys
  • Vita RPG - xSEED

Link below will let me you research yourself. Also, check in as more studios are registered.

it's a reddit post (I know) but nobody has yet discredited it. http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/1fkdeg/e3_hints_rampant_speculation/

• Thumbs Up 1

XSEED? You mean this game, that no one knows about, that comes out in like 3 months?

61MMa6Lx1aL._SX385_.jpg

Or could it be something new!? :o

Edited by Noel

I wonder what the rpgs are if this is all legit. I'm curious, what has ATLUS localized?

I'm starting to wonder why I got a PS Vita :-/

I'm starting to wonder why I got a PS Vita :-

It makes a good paperweight?

So wait. Do we actually know what the games are? Or is it just a list of developers with games on the way....?

Honestly, if Sony doesn't pick up the slack on the Vita this E3, then I really don't feel the need to get one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, I've decided to go ahead and sell my Vita today... Anyone want it, maybe $130, would give you the games in my PSN but that's tied to my account :<

Edit: This is a joke btw.

Edited by Noel

If Sony are putting in an active effort to localise more JRPGs or get more JRPGs on the system, why can't they work with Namco to localise the Tales games? People actually really want those. I really want those.

I'm not interested in mediocre JRPGs and stuff like that.

Man, I really hope that "leak" is fake. I suppose it's too much to hope for some lovely Square-Enix support like the PSP had considering how shit they've been on every other front lately.

If Sony are putting in an active effort to localise more JRPGs or get more JRPGs on the system, why can't they work with Namco to localise the Tales games? People actually really want those. I really want those.

Man, I really hope that "leak" is fake. I suppose it's too much to hope for some lovely Square-Enix support like the PSP had considering how shit they've been on every other front lately.

Square-Enix... that company is dead to me. Knowing them it'd be an announcement for  "Lighting, the PRE X-III Story"

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have a feeling, that at the moment, the Vita is hindered in the same way the Wii U is. Its not selling, so developers are hesitant to support it, but the reason its not selling is because the developers are hesitant to support it. Unlike Nintendo though, Sony don't have a lineup of surefire sellers from their first party to plonk on the system to get it to sell. They don't have an equivalent to Mario Kart, Pokemon or NSMB.

I have a feeling that this "leak" doesn't cover everything, but I've been wrong before.

• Thumbs Up 2