Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I will only accept GTA: San Andreas Stories. Nothing more, nothing less.

Have we heard anything new on Tearaway? Wasn't that suppose to have come out earlier this year or something?

Oh epic! lol I knew it was worth me holding off on that one =p

Or just use the code there since it's not a one off
Also I think it's EBGames Canda only

That is the price that I scored back on black Friday. Bundle and all.

So, the Vita version of Ratchet and Clank: Qforce/Full Frontal Assault...
tumblr_mn897f4BuO1rwjp57o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mn897f4BuO1rwjp57o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mn897f4BuO1rwjp57o3_1280.jpg

This runs at 10-20 fps half the time, making it barely playable. This is one of the worst ports I have ever played.

It's too bad because I was actually looking forward to having a portable version of this game.

I recently started playing the Vita version of the game too. Quite disappointed with the graphics and framerate. Looks like I'll be switching to the PS3 version later on...

Still searching for some glimmer of hope. Still not seeing it. 

They better give the Vita some love at E3.

Man, Ratchet Vita looks terrible...  I'm really surprised as Ratchet is a big Sony franchise, so I would expect at minimum a solid port to the vita; Even Dreadlock HD has some issues with slowdown and outright broken cutseen glitches

As I said before, E3 is Vita's last chance. They better have a lot of things planned for the Vita otherwise it's a powerful device that does nothing.

Personally though even without the games, because of PS4's remote play my Vita will have a lot of use.

I honestly have a bad feeling about remote play. When the PSP did it, it was terrible and ran like crap. The PSV trying to do it with the PS4.. will it be able to do it at a decent rate? I don't think the machine was built in mind at performing solidly like the Wii U gamepad was. And then again.. why not just use your TV instead of the Vita? The Vita will only provide an inferior play style as you're missing several buttons and the screen is very small. The PS4 seems like it would be great to visualize the jump in graphics on the big screen. Now someone might say why not the same with Wii U.. well the Wii U screen is gigantic. It also has every button available.

L2/R2 are used by so many games yet the PSVita does not have these buttons. Someone said "well the back touchpad will be used to replace those buttons!" ..I kind of just laughed at that statement. Anyone here really want to replace their shoulder buttons with a touch pad? Especially a touchpad on the back of the system?

"But you can play it on the go via a 3G connection!"

If you honestly think you will be able to play PS4 remote play on a fucking 3G connection then...

lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What needs to save the PSVita is probably a price drop and some games. Sony treating their main franchises like crap (Ratchet) by not even doing a decent port says a lot about how much they care about their system. They should be trying to at least port their big games with care. Speaking of ports, I'm not really interested in PS3 games for the PSV. I currently own a PS3 and almost every port to the PSV has been inferior.

Get some heavy exclusives on the system. Get a big team working on it. Get that Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem Awakening on the system. They seem to be so focused on the PS4 that it seems like the PSV doesn't exist. 

Edited by Autosaver

I think they're confident about the PSV's remote play for PS4 so I don't have doubts it'll work. What annoys me most about it is if they end up treating the Vita like that's all it's good for. I want it to be a system with a substantial library in its own right entirely.

I love the Vita as a piece of hardware, it's bloody comfy and has a great OS, so I'm praying for some more awesome support than it has been getting to be announced at E3. If it's not, well.. I'll be a bit dejected.

Edited by SuperLink

L2/R2 are used by so many games yet the PSVita does not have these buttons. Someone said "well the back touchpad will be used to replace those buttons!" ..I kind of just laughed at that statement. Anyone here really want to replace their shoulder buttons with a touch pad? Especially a touchpad on the back of the system?

Well aren't you snarky today? c:

I prefer playing on handhelds over consoles. I can sit wherever I want, easily pick it up to play, and play with my headphones, which are far superior to my TV's speakers. Playing with the touchpad is fine by me, yes. As SuperLink said above, the Vita's damn comfortable. Far more than any other handheld I've played with. I'm cool with using it as a PS4 extension (as a bonus; I've already got a bunch of Vita games to play as is, and they're all fantastic).

I think they're confident about the PSV's remote play for PS4 so I don't have doubts it'll work.

They were the same with the PSP so. Will this support the entire library too? I remember PSP having a short selection of games for some reason.

Well aren't you snarky today? c:

I am and will always be. I'm just an asshole.

I prefer playing on handhelds over consoles. I can sit wherever I want, easily pick it up to play, and play with my headphones, which are far superior to my TV's speakers. Playing with the touchpad is fine by me, yes. As SuperLink said above, the Vita's damn comfortable. Far more than any other handheld I've played with. I'm cool with using it as a PS4 extension (as a bonus; I've already got a bunch of Vita games to play as is, and they're all fantastic).

You might be fine with using the touchpad to replace Dualshock buttons, but I have a bad feeling that until you actually experience it, you might not know how detrimental it is to your game style. I guess this goes for both ways but I just can not imagine using a gimmicky touchpad to replace button functions. Honestly, I like the remote play feature of consoles too. I just feel that it won't be as good as it is hyped up to be. Playing remote play via an internet connection just does not seem like it will turn out any good. If I have to deal with any hassle or an inferior gaming set up, I'd gladly just stick to playing the PS4.

What annoys me most about it is if they end up treating the Vita like that's all it's good for. I want it to be a system with a substantial library in its own right entirely.

I love the Vita as a piece of hardware, it's bloody comfy and has a great OS, so I'm praying for some more awesome support than it has been getting to be announced at E3. If it's not, well.. I'll be a bit dejected.

Agreed. I will buy a PSVita if it gets some awesome support. I honestly didn't buy a PSP until some heavy hitters came on it. Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts got me to shell out $200. The only game that interests me somewhat on the PSVita is Gravity Rush. But unfortunately I do not feel that spending over $300 to play one game is reasonable at the moment. With rumors of a price drop (and even a new PSVita model!) I may just hold out until E3. I want to see what they can come up with. It better hell not be a $300 Remote Play device.

....Yeahhh..... I think if fans can get Ni No Kuni working fine via an unofficial remote play patch. Sony won't have many problems with PS4 connectivity.

But unfortunately I do not feel that spending over $300 to play one game is reasonable at the moment.

Since when do Vitas cost over $300?

I honestly have a bad feeling about remote play. When the PSP did it, it was terrible and ran like crap. The PSV trying to do it with the PS4.. will it be able to do it at a decent rate? I don't think the machine was built in mind at performing solidly like the Wii U gamepad was. And then again.. why not just use your TV instead of the Vita? The Vita will only provide an inferior play style as you're missing several buttons and the screen is very small. The PS4 seems like it would be great to visualize the jump in graphics on the big screen. Now someone might say why not the same with Wii U.. well the Wii U screen is gigantic. It also has every button available.

Pfft.

First of all, the PSP wasn't developed with PS3 remote play in mind. This is different this time.

Why can't you use the TV instead of the Vita? Stupid question. Why can't you use the TV instead of the Wii U Gamepad?

The screen maybe very small, but I have a very good eye sight. And if the quality's good like the PS3/Vita's remote play games then I will have no problems.

Buttons? I'm sure they will be customizable. L1 and R1 buttons don't have much use compared to L2/R2, so either I can put L1/R1 visible on the front screen, or back at the touchpad, or the developers will customize it in the way its actions will be easily accessible.

"But you can play it on the go via a 3G connection!"

If you honestly think you will be able to play PS4 remote play on a fucking 3G connection then...

...thennnnn? Finish your sentence. Besides, in my college, Starbucks, church (basically most public places I go to) I always have a Wifi connection that my Vita can connect to.

EDIT: Tomb Raider (PS3) running on PSVITA (Unofficial remote play patch). The Vita has plenty of RAM compared to PSP, so games like this won't run like crap.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

You might be fine with using the touchpad to replace Dualshock buttons, but I have a bad feeling that until you actually experience it, you might not know how detrimental it is to your game style. I guess this goes for both ways but I just can not imagine using a gimmicky touchpad to replace button functions. Honestly, I like the remote play feature of consoles too. I just feel that it won't be as good as it is hyped up to be. Playing remote play via an internet connection just does not seem like it will turn out any good. If I have to deal with any hassle or an inferior gaming set up, I'd gladly just stick to playing the PS4.

Seems to work just fine with BF3 Vita: