Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

If the Vita is going to be supported for 10 years, then better prepare to send the Vita in the next 2-3 years due to the OLED screen having an expected 5 year life span. If there's one thing I want Sony to fix, it's that problem.

If the Vita is going to be supported for 10 years, then better prepare to send the Vita in the next 2-3 years due to the OLED screen having an expected 5 year life span. If there's one thing I want Sony to fix, it's that problem.

How did they define span? Normal play of 1-2 hours a day, less, or more? If people are playing their PSVita for like 5 hours a day that life could be even shorter.

I already got OLED Burn in (a very small dot) and I just got one, so I can really see how that's an issue.

Thankfully they have that Protection Plan for the device on PSN :)

Basically, when it comes to the memory cards, this is my advice:

Find a bid on ebay of a used one. I got a 16GB card for $30 without giving Sony a damn cent.

I've seen 32GB bids every now and then reach $40 too.

So as of now, here's the list of what's coming out.

Not a bad list, I have to say. Too bad Sony didn't want to show anything off... 

Lots of good stuff. Too bad most of the upcoming games are indie trash that I don't give two shits about.

I think that TGS will be where the Vita will shine, since JRPG's pretty much rule the console now. Gravity Rush 2 will most likely be revealed there, since the creator teased us some time ago.

So far I'm interested in:

- Killzone Mercenary

- Tearaway

- Dragon's Crown

- Muramasa Rebirth

- Atelier Meruru Plus

- Freedom Wars

I also still need to get some games like WipEout 2048, Soul Sacrifice and LittleBigPlanet Vita.

I like Tearaway. Maybe Killzone, but I played 1 and 2 and wasn't a big fan of either. Everything else I either don't care about or would rather get on a console I already have.

• Thumbs Up 1

I looking forward to a ton of Vita games, especially Tearaway. The game oozes charm, uses the systems strengths like Vita Uncharted did, and reminds me a lot of Rare's 3d platformers.  I believe that if Sony really PUSHED this games as the Vita game to own, it could do a lot for the system.

Outside of that, I'm looking forward to Rayman Legends, Batman Blackgate, Bit Trip Runner 2, Killzone, and the Jak Collection (if the Frame Rate is solid and if it isn't cross buy since I own the PS3 version).  Got to also get a ton of PS1 and PSP games for the system as I never owned a PSP (hope Birth By Sleep comes on the PSN soon). 

I just hope Tearaway is a good game and becomes a system seller or something...

I finally splashed out and got my own Vita, I did use a card so I can pay for it over a 3 month period. I was surprised that I got addicted to LittleBigPlanet again. I was expecting more of the same, having already played 1 and 2. But the touch functions did manage to add a fresh feel to it. Luckily the Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention I got, came with a cloth. I'm really hating the smudges and finger prints I'm leaving.

Also got Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice, Mortal Kombat and Gravity Rush ages ago when I was playing on my brothers Vita. The only downside is having to start my files all over again.

I saw Gods Eater 2 on that list Discoid linked. I've been waiting for that game for a while and had since forgotten all about it. I also intended to get the Project Diva game on Vita, but it was also released on PS3 as well, so I imported that instead. Did I hear somewhere that she's finally leaving Japanese shores??

I also intended to get the Project Diva game on Vita, but it was also released on PS3 as well, so I imported that instead. Did I hear somewhere that she's finally leaving Japanese shores??

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F Announcement Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkfcKGVI4lI

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is headed West!

The game will arrive this August on both PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network in North America, and in Europe on Playstation Network!

And you don't have to wait too long - the demo releases on Playstation

Network!

http://www.sega.com/Home/

初音ミク Project DIVA F、欧米圏にてリリース決定!

2013年8月、アメリカ・ヨーロッパのPlayStation 3とPlaystation Networkにて

配信開始!まずはデモ版をお試しください!

http://www.sega.com/Home/

• Thumbs Up 1

Preorder for exclusive All Stars Racing Transformed Miku DLC

I think the game is going to bomb sadly.

I just hope Tearaway is a good game and becomes a system seller or something...

I'm pretty sure that Tearaway will be a great game, but it will never be a system seller. Non Nintendo platformers aren't system sellers anymore.

The Vita has 2 demographic targets (3 if you count the indie shit). The dudebros/modern gamers/whatever, that are the kind of people Sony was trying to get on board with Uncharted, Call of Duty and Resistance.

And the "Japanese", that are dominating the Vita now thanks to lots of JRPGs and Monster Hunter styled games.

The system sellers I can imagine with this crowd in mind are Gran Turismo/God of War/GTA for the west and Final Fantasy/Monster Hunter/SMT for Japan.

I mean, new IPs are always good and have a chance to be system sellers, but an exclusive game from a franchise with an already rock solid fanbase or big name have way bigger chances of selling the Vita.

The Vita situation seems like it's turning into the PSP situation the more I look at it. It'd be really cool if Sony pushed the system more, it might actually make me want to buy one before it drops to $100-150 in price. These indie games I can play on PC and IoS aren't enough to warrant a purchase, especially the 1-2 year old ones like Limbo and The Walking Dead.

These indie games I can play on PC and IoS aren't enough to warrant a purchase, especially the 1-2 year old ones like Limbo and The Walking Dead.

Also the fact they could be found for a $ on those competing platforms. Sometimes even cents in bundles.

I hope by Gamescom they show off some great games, speaking of that what do you guys think they are going to show there, that might get rid of the negativity about the Vita's poor E3 showing.

What Should be at Gamescom:

-Announcing a price drop to 200.00 with internal 4gb storage, discounts on memory cards (8gb=20.00, 16gb=30.00, 32gb=40.00, and 64gb=60.00 plus some games pre-installed)

-Announcing more hd collections (Ratchet, Ico/SotC, Sly, Prince of Persia) coming to Vita this fall

-Sony Bend working on a new Sythen Filter/Uncharted

-Ready at Dawn Developed GOW

-GTA San Adras Stores, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, COD: Ghosts, and FF: Type 0 coming to Vita

-Crash Trilogy HD Collection Announced exclusively for Vita

-More PSP and PS1 games on PS Store

No... no more fucking hd collections of shit I've played to death. I want them to announce something new and cool... I'd like to see a follow up to Gravity Rush...

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 4

No... no more fucking hd collections of shit I've played to death

Sorry, just a idea I had :)

It's a quick way to build up the systems library of games and believe it or not, some people still haven't played games like Gow II or Jak and Daxter. 

Still, you make a great point, and that's why I put original games alongside the HD collections.

I bought a PSP because lovely Square-Enix games and remakes. Nothing like that on Vita.

Maybe if Type-0 was brought to Vita, people would want one. I think it'd give the system a decent boost in the west.

Well, at least there's Muramasa Rebirth. Despite being a remake, it's another cool game from Vanillaware. 

Fuck remakes and fuck mediocre ports of PS3 games.

Gravity Rush was okay and Soul Sacrifice was lame. Get some fucking robots blowing shit up, get some waifu simulators, get some action rpgs.

Fuck, get fucking solitaire for all I care, just do something with this thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fuck remakes and fuck mediocre ports of PS3 games.

Gravity Rush was okay and Soul Sacrifice was lame. Get some fucking robots blowing shit up, get some waifu simulators, get some action rpgs.

Fuck, get fucking solitaire for all I care, just do something with this thing.

That... sounds... so generic. I like some of the remakes, like Totori, if you've never played that, get the remake it has all the dlc and everything from the original plus extra stuff. 

Edited by Noel

And it's still better than what the Vita has right now in the west. That's how bad it is.

• Thumbs Up 2