Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I fail to see how it being a 249 dollar Wii U tablet makes it worth investing in. If it does nothing other than PS4 streaming, then why should I even bother? I'll just stick with my PS4. I want a handheld to be unique, not an add-on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I get that you guys are upset with the lack of support for the system, but we all kinda got into it ourselves.  Its obuous that Sony handhelds have had a underwhelming library when compared to Nintendo (who have been doing it since the mid 90's and put their A game into the handheld) but even with the Psp there was weak support and lack of 3d parties early in the system's life.  Only 2-4 years after the psp came out we got some amazing games like KH Birth By Sleep, the GTA Stories games, Daxter and Ghost of Sparta. 

I'll say you can wait till next year, the system will sell itself and some great 1st and 3rd party games will come.  Its just a shame we have to wait so long for it to happen :(

If it does nothing other than PS4 streaming, then why should I even bother?

Because it has a lot of games and you know it does. Yeah and before we get the persona joke for the god knows how many time, it does have a lot of games, in fact thanks to bloody PS+ I've got more games for it than I have time to play.

I have more than just Persona on my Vita, but other than Soul Sacrifice and WipeOut, it's the only game with lasting appeal. They're making NO attempt to match the 3DS in game output, and it's frankly disturbing. Know what would also be nice? If I could fit any of those goddamn free games on my system, but I'd have to buy 100 dollar memory card to even fit like 5 of them on it.

Edited by Super Mario
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah we get it, you don't like Sony.

..Are you trying to accuse him being a Nintendo fanboy or Sony hater?

Let's be honest here, he's not the only one on the internet that has been upset with the lack of Vita focus. Even Sony fans are upset.

I have more than just Persona on my Vita, but other than Soul Sacrifice and WipeOut, it's the only game with lasting appeal. They're making NO attempt to match the 3DS in game output, and it's frankly disturbing. 

That's the case because Sony is investing in supporting the ps3 for as long as it can and trying to make the ps4 the go-to next gen platform.  Look at it from this perspective; why do you think there is such a drout in games for the Wii U outside lack of 3rd parties?  Its because Nintendo is putting its A game to the 3ds and putting big teams like EAD Toko on the system and are putting games they could be putting on the Wii U like Luigi and Fire Emblem on the 3ds. 

Then again, Sony does have strong 3rd party support and a large batch of teams that could be on Vita so how knows whos right here...

..Are you trying to accuse him being a Nintendo fanboy or Sony hater?

Let's be honest here, he's not the only one on the internet that has been upset with the lack of Vita focus. Even Sony fans are upset.

Yeah why they didn't spend an hour on Vita at a PS4 focused conference is beyond me.

Yo Mario, just sell the fucking thing then.

I would, but I went half in with my brother and he wants to keep it because, he REALLY likes Persona. REALLY likes.

I would, but I went half in with my brother and he wants to keep it because, he REALLY likes Persona. REALLY likes.

Funny I hate it, out of the games I have I've barely given that one the time of day. :P

Yeah why they didn't spend an hour on Vita at a PS4 focused conference is beyond me.

They could have spent more than about two minutes on it.

Stating it's not going to have any games for the next 10 years is bit of a stretch when it comes to making a joke. The system has a lot of games for it, there were games shown for it at E3 and announcements made for it at E3, it's not like it has absolutely nothing on it at all which is what some people constantly imply.

Wow, I get that you guys are upset with the lack of support for the system, but we all kinda got into it ourselves.  Its obuous that Sony handhelds have had a underwhelming library when compared to Nintendo (who have been doing it since the mid 90's and put their A game into the handheld) but even with the Psp there was weak support and lack of 3d parties early in the system's life.  Only 2-4 years after the psp came out we got some amazing games like KH Birth By Sleep, the GTA Stories games, Daxter and Ghost of Sparta. 

I'll say you can wait till next year, the system will sell itself and some great 1st and 3rd party games will come.  Its just a shame we have to wait so long for it to happen sad.png

It's beginning to get to me. I have been very patient. What made me snap was the half-assed Ratchet port. I waited so long for it, and that wait was a waste of my time.

The way I see it Nintendo throws the Vita in to the lake and it's struggling, beginning to sink. Sony just sits there, ignores it and raises its new baby, the PS4.

Can Sony juggle two devices at a time? Or just one at the time? This needs to come clear now.

I got the Vita, thinking I'll be getting Ratchet, LBP, Project Diva f, God of War probably inFamous and some actual 3rd party support. Where is the 3rd party support? I want Sonic Rivals or a Sonic game to arrive on this device! Will it happen? Not at the moment, no. Okay Rayman Legends. I forgot about that game, so Tearaway and Rayman are the only upcoming games for me to look forward to. But two is ridiculous.

They could have spent more than about two minutes on it.

They had a large chunk of shit to show for PS4, and then had to squeeze in some time for both the PS3 and the Vita. Obviously the PS4 won out.

They had a large chunk of shit to show for PS4, and then had to squeeze in some time for both the PS3 and the Vita. Obviously the PS4 won out.

The PS3, however, should not have won out over the dying handheld by any means.

Edited by Wraith

The PS3, however, should not have won out over the dying handheld by any means.

PS3 HAZ GAMEZ NIGGA! :D

It's beginning to get to me. I have been very patient. What made me snap was the half-assed Ratchet port. I waited so long for it, and that wait was a waste of my time.

The way I see it Nintendo throws the Vita in to the lake and it's struggling, beginning to sink. Sony just sits there, ignores it and raises its new baby, the PS4.

Can Sony juggle two devices at a time? Or just one at the time? This needs to come clear now.

I got the Vita, thinking I'll be getting Ratchet, LBP, Project Diva f, God of War probably inFamous and some actual 3rd party support. Where is the 3rd party support? I want Sonic Rivals or a Sonic game to arrive on this device! Will it happen? Not at the moment, no. Okay Rayman Legends. I forgot about that game, so Tearaway and Rayman are the only upcoming games for me to look forward to. But two is ridiculous.

I was really surprised with the horrid port of Ratchet; a big name Sony franchise getting the shitty end of the stick...

Lets wait till Gamescom and potentially, next month for some big announcements, till then though, lets just look forward to the games we do know are coming; cant wait for Tearaway, Batman, and Rayman :)

I'm looking forward to

Atelier Meruru Plus, Tearaway, Ys Memories of Celceta, Rayman (maybe), and Muramasa, I never did get that one game... that came out I forgot what its called but I'll probably remember when I finish typing, oh waht is it called Soul Sacrifice, yeah that's it.

Honestly I'm not worried about the Vita, what happens, happens. If it ends up a bust, its whatever. What they should attempt is a price drop, but its already being sold at a loss anyway, how much more can they afford to lose considering the PS4 is also being sold at a big loss too, and Sony ain't doing so hot financially. :P

Edited by Noel

PS3 HAZ GAMEZ NIGGA! biggrin.png

oh u.

Remote play for PS3 would be a cool feature too.

oh u.

Really wish this was the case, would have loved to play Sonic Generations and GOW III on my Vita :(

oh u.

I'm hoping remote play will be integrated much better than it was with the PSP... that was horrific, then again... the PSP was horrific, the Vita, is not, games library be damned.

Edited by Noel

When the 3DS was in a similar situation as the Vita is now it took them about a year to finally pick up the pace and start getting games on to the handheld that people wanted such as Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and lots of great third party games too like Kingdom Hearts 3D. Also helped that they sold most of these games in special bundles with the new XL handheld.

Sony should follow a similar strategy with the Vita. Lower the price of memory cards, release some great bundles and most important of all, advertise! Because I have rarely seen a Vita game advert on posters let alone on TV. I honestly see the potential in the Vita, but what keeps me from buying it is the cost and lack of games I'm interested in.

• Thumbs Up 4

The funny thing is, it actually wasn't a year by the time the 3DS picked up. Nintendo dropped the price in less than 6 months and released a one-two punch of Mario about 4 months before 3DS' first birthday. You would think Sony would at least have something by now, but they've yet to show anything.

I just want cheaper memory cards... like mine is filled now... and I really, really don't want to shell out money for a 32gb memory card.

I think Vita is sold at a greater loss than the 3DS though, so asking for a price drop 6 months down the line would be insane.

Edited by Noel

They don't actually need to drop the price of the Unit, Nintendo did with the 3DS because it was the same price as the Vita. What they should drop the price on, like you said, is the memory cards. Especially with their push of PS Plus and digital downloads.