Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

LBP Vita is a good one, yeah.

If you aren't too bothered by ports, Jet Set Radio and ASRT are pretty good. As is Rayman Origins.

Edited by Cola

Persona 4 Golden justifies any purchase of a Vita.

Hell I only have three games for it and it's all I need.

In that case, I shall take it into serious consideration. Also, what would the other two be, if you don't mind my asking?

LBP Vita is a good one, yeah.

If you aren't too bothered by ports, Jet Set Radio and ASRT are pretty good. As is Rayman Origins.

Not sure about Jet Set Radio, I'd have to check that one out, but All-Stars Racing Transformed is a nice suggestion. (If that's what you were referring to.) As for Ryaman: Origins, I've scarcely played Rayman titles, is there anything that makes this in particular stand out?

Edited by Shukketsu

but I was wondering if any of the residents of SSMB may have any recommendations for titles.

*looks around*

Why hasn't anybody recommended him getting Playstation Plus yet?

I'm not sure what region you live in, but in the EU at least you can still get Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush on it. This week Thomas was Alone gets added to it.

I have only bought 1 game for my Vita, that was ASRT, however I actually have all these games that I can play on it which I got as part of the PSN+ Subscription.

* Virtues Last reward (Currently play and enjoying this, I would NEVER have bought this game)

Lemines: Electronic Symphony

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (has MGS 2 & MGS 3)

Jet Set Radio *

Mortal Kombat

* Pinball arcade

* Mutant blobs attack (brilliant brilliant brilliant!)

*Big Sky Infinity*

*Knytt Underground

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Gravity Rush

Wipeout 2048

* Puddle

* Chronovolt

In that list, the games which have a * before them are games that I never would have bought, but have really enjoyed playing. The ones which have * at the end are games I've not enjoyed that much.

All that for £35 and I'm still entitled to more games as the year goes on.

Also you get the PS3 stuff for free as well, even if you don't own a PS3, go to the Playstation Webstore and add the stuff to your account anyway so you don't lose it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure what region you live in, but in the EU at least you can still get Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush on it. This week Thomas was Alone gets added to it.

Those offerings would apply to me, but I have already purchased Gravity Rush. I wasn't aware of the extent to which PS+ offers selections of games, and had I known GR was one of them, chances are I would have opted into the subscription.

>Hogather's list of games<

Of that list, the ones that interest me to some degree are Wipeout, Lumines, Uncharted and Puddle.

All that for £35 and I'm still entitled to more games as the year goes on.

Also you get the PS3 stuff for free as well, even if you don't own a PS3, go to the Playstation Webstore and add the stuff to your account anyway so you don't lose it.

Then it does indeed seem like a substansial offering for the pricetag. Also, I own a PS3 in addition to the Vita. Looks like this is something I should seriously consider. 

In that case, I shall take it into serious consideration. Also, what would the other two be, if you don't mind my asking?

Retail-wise, Rayman Origins and Gravity Rush. The former is a fantastic port that looks gorgeous on Vita's OLED screen but it has no multiplayer. Gravity Rush was a severe disappointment for me on the other hand.

Virtue's Last Reward is a game I can heartily recommend as well after playing the 3DS version but preferably only if you've played 999 on the DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreeing with Mortal Kombat 9. Touchscreen fatalities are easier to pull off than normal ones, and it comes with all the DLC already packed in, plus a few more costumes. Watch out for Freddy though, damn he is a son of a bitch.

I'm on the final dungeon of Persona 4 Golden. While I have some gripes on a few things, it's pretty much flawless. Best $300 game I ever bought.

Not sure about Jet Set Radio, I'd have to check that one out, but All-Stars Racing Transformed is a nice suggestion. (If that's what you were referring to.) As for Rayman: Origins, I've scarcely played Rayman titles, is there anything that makes this in particular stand out?

Yeah, Transformed is what I'm talking about. JSR is pretty fun, if you ask me.

Origins is a fantastic 2D platformer and I'd recommend it to anyone.

If you don't mind something in the 4P Brawler flavor, Playstation All-Stars is pretty decent. It seems to be a love it or hate it thing, though.

Greetings.

I have recently opted to purchase a PlayStation Vita (Yeah, yeah, I know.) along with Gravity Rush and I currently have Soul Sacrifice on pre-order. I've looked up a fair amount of titles (Such as Sound Shapes, Blazblue and Disgaea), but I was wondering if any of the residents of SSMB may have any recommendations for titles. As a general rule, my preferred genres are RPGs (Action, turn-based, don't particularly mind if it's western or a JRPG), Fighting Games and Platformers. I'm also partial to shooters, although my interest in them has been gradually declining for a while now, and the only shooters I know of that exist on Vita are Resistance: Burning Skies and CoD: Black Ops something, neither of which I am remotely interested in.

So, yeah, any insight you guys/gals may have would be valuable.

You still need some suggestions?

Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Golden Abyss are must haves in a Vita collection. Both are free with PS+.

For JRPGs I highly recommend Persona 4 Golden and if you like it, the previous titles in the series are available as PSP games that you can play on the Vita.

Atelier Totori + also seems interesting, but I don't have it yet to give my thoughts.

Oh, and they are making Final Fantasy X HD.

In the Fighting games category you have BlazeBlue, Street Fighter x Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. All are amazing ports.

If you like party fighters like Super Smash, you have Playstation All-Stars. Some people dislike it, but I found it to be pretty fun, especially if you are a Playstation fan.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus its also a fun fighter if you don't mind some lewdness.

Platformers you have Little Big Planet and the upcoming Tearaway.

For shooters you may want to wait for Killzone: Mercenary. It looks amazing.

Racing games: Wipeout 2048, no question.

Some other interesting upcoming games are Dragon's Crown and Soul Sacrifice.

You may also try some PSP/PS1 game if you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have already ordered Gravity Rush and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale by this point. Soul Sacrifice is on pre-order. Seriously considering Persona 4: Golden, Disgaea 3, Sound Shapes and LittleBig Planet Vita.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions thus far.

Persona 4 Golden is my favorite game of all time. Can't recommend it enough; it's perfection in video game form. 

Disgaea 3 is fantastic as well; I've sunk about fifty hours into it and I'm still not even close to covering all of the content. It's a lot of fun and it will last you for a looooong time. 

On the PS Plus side of things, Wipeout and Gravity Rush were both great for me. Pretty sure I've gotten some more stuff on Plus (the service is definitely worth it, especially if you own a PS3), but I can't recall off the top of my head. I've been playing the shit out of the Soul Sacrifice demo, but seeing as you already ordered it, I don't think I need to elaborate there haha.

Keep in mind that Mr. Hoggy is in the UK so his games are probably different than US. Still, I'm sure the US+ will offer similar games.

Well I'm close to finishing P4G and there's still no sight of P5 so I could end looking forward to this to fight the inevitable empty feel.

One game I would recommend is DJMax Technika Tune if you don't mind music rhythm games, although I'm not sure if it was ever released in UK. While I myself have it as a digital download, you can buy it as a physical card but you better to expect to pay some premiums seeing as it had kind of a limited release.

Here's a gameplay video:

On the topic of Atelier Totori+, a game of which I own both versions (PS3 and Vita), its a game I only recommend if your looking for something different when compared to regular RPG's seeing as it really isn't a really regular RPG and focuses more on Item collecting and synthesizing. While there are battles to be had, the battle system itself is rather shallow and not very fun in the long run, but that isn't why fans play the game. The thing that kept me coming back for each installment of the Arland series was the great character interactions and such, but once again each game lacks a truly defined and fleshed out story.

I'd say if you were considering Atelier Totori+, wait for it to go on sale and then buy it unless you like the kind of game where character interaction is a focal point.

• 2 weeks later...

Vita system update 2.12 released
Improves software stability "during use of some features"
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/404879/vita-system-update-212-released/

Doki-Doki Universe coming to PS3, PS4 and Vita
Toejam and Earl creator talks new project
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/404840/doki-doki-universe-coming-to-ps3-ps4-and-vita/

Hohokum revealed for PS3, PS4 and Vita
Sony Santa Monica project set for 2014
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/404837/hohokum-revealed-for-ps3-ps4-and-vita/

Is there a Tearaway topic?

Anyways, Pre-order bonus/cover revealed:

1O1twjm.jpgZwzZZtd.jpg
Edited by Tmsp

I like the boxart. Don't really like the idea of one of the preorder bonuses being an extra for a different game, but that doesn't really matter, I guess. I assume the costumes are for LBP Vita?

I like the boxart. Don't really like the idea of one of the preorder bonuses being an extra for a different game, but that doesn't really matter, I guess. I assume the costumes are for LBP Vita?

They can be used in LBP2, LBPV and Kart.

This isn't the first game to include LBP costumes as pre-order bonuses, The Last of Us also does this.

I am seriously tempted to buy a Vita, if only for a lot of the PS+ games I've got but can't play, Spelunky and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Rayman on the go and Tearaway...do you think that £130 for a used one with a few games is worth it? Pretty big decision to buy one, so I wanna be sure first!

I only got a few games, but there are enough long ones out there, as well as forever games, to keep you entertained. It's gotten to the point that it's worth at least a used purchase, yeah.

Well put it like this, if you've got Virtues Last Reward on your account, thats over 20 hours of gameplay right there if you intend to 100% it. Playing through it myself and it's brilliant.

Thoroughly looking forward to hearing what that may be.. I just hope it's a franchise I'm actually interested in and not God of War or Assassin's Creed or somethin'.

Well put it like this, if you've got Virtues Last Reward on your account, thats over 20 hours of gameplay right there if you intend to 100% it. Playing through it myself and it's brilliant.

I hope you played 999 first, both games are amazing but 999 is the better of the two, and VLR is even better if you played 999 beforehand, plus 999 is kind of ruined if you play VLR before it.