Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Isn't GT one of the highest selling franchises of all time, though? They'll probably devote some time to it.

Only reason I can think of them not doing so is if they want to put the spotlight on Drive Club (which seems pretty reasonable to me).

Huh? Are you talking about GT showing in the media briefing this year or next year's E3?

Huh? Are you talking about GT showing in the media briefing this year or next year's E3?

... Oh. I thought we were talking about this year, haha. Ignore me~

Tearaway interview. Not watched it yet but there is a lot of gameplay shown, I think some of it is new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlFIbmoHYn8

We should really give this game it's own topic.

Speaking of Vita, what would be enticing is

4GB Memory Card

PSVita Gaming System

Possible predownloaded/packaged game (or a month or two of PS+)

all for $199.99

I was wondering... does anyone here play this game?

treasuresofmontezuma_650-600x369.jpg

It's a puzzle game which is free to download, it's really addictive but theres a microtransaction system which means the game gets really restrictive when you get to a high level. Just wondered if anyone here had? Also we could help one another out by abusing the 'near/share' function.

The 4gb memory card should be included in the first place. Upgrading should be optional.

The sad part too is that since the games are using heavier assets, the file size of games are growing. Sure you might be ok with that 2GB memory card, but downloading one game will eat the entire card up.

While this e3 was disappointing for the Vita, at least we got a closer look at games like Killzone, Tearaway, Batman Blackgate and a few others that look and play great on the Vita :)

I was honestly surprised with the two upcoming ports, Jak Collection and Epic Mickey, judging from footage of both games via Youtube they look like solid ports, impressive especially with Jak as those games used bizzar engines to run on the Ps2.

The sad part too is that since the games are using heavier assets, the file size of games are growing. Sure you might be ok with that 2GB memory card, but downloading one game will eat the entire card up.

That's what the retail carts are for; I am pretty sure Sony is going to have discounted price ranges for both the system itself and the memory cards by Gamescom (when we might be getting some great reveals).

It sucks.. I want to get a Vita. I see how awesome that piece of tech is. I want to be excited into getting one but again I don't see any games I wanna throw cash at it. But yet another disappointing  E3 for it... I really don't see it moving forward much. Sigh....

Oh yeah, remember that guy from Sony who tweeted 'tons of Vita games.' Well... a bunch of people over at GAF called him out on it and he posted that he wasn't lying and said that it just wasn't going to happen at E3, so maybe that Gamescom rumor is right afterall?

While Sony's E3 was overall a success, I am still pretty disappointed with how little they showed with the Vita. I mean what the heck Sony. Do YOU want this handheld to succeed or not? Tell us NOW. If not, then let me sell my Vita and I'll get a 3DS. I gave up Mario Kart 7, 3D Land, SSB, Sonic Lost World and Pokemon for your handheld and only Tearaway is the game I'm looking forward to.

That is ridiculous. Excluding cross-buy and PS+ games, Project Diva f (which is no longer exclusive to Vita), Sonic Transformed (which I stopped playing this ver. due to PC's 60FPS) and LBPVita are the only games I got.

I'm looking at TGS and Gamescom now. If by October nothing's changed, I'm selling my Vita for 3DS. And I won't make the same mistake again.

• Thumbs Up 4

While Sony's E3 was overall a success, I am still pretty disappointed with how little they showed with the Vita. I mean what the heck Sony. Do YOU want this handheld to succeed or not? Tell us NOW. If not, then let me sell my Vita and I'll get a 3DS. I gave up Mario Kart 7, 3D Land, SSB, Sonic Lost World and Pokemon for your handheld and only Tearaway is the game I'm looking forward to.

That is ridiculous. Excluding cross-buy and PS+ games, Project Diva f (which is no longer exclusive to Vita), Sonic Transformed (which I stopped playing this ver. due to PC's 60FPS) and LBPVita are the only games I got.

I'm looking at TGS and Gamescom now. If by October nothing's changed, I'm selling my Vita for 3DS. And I won't make the same mistake again.

Its a shame...    The Vita has been out for what? Two years now? And really it got nothing to really push for it? Its really an expensive handheld and I see left and right people that have it, selling it and getting a 3DS. I sadly sold mine in the spring cause I knew nothing was gonna come out for it, and PS4 was really where I was going to invest my money into. Im just pissed I waisted 250 bucks on a Vita when it first was released and gadly stared at it with my copy of MVC3... sigh oh well. Bad investment on my part.

They showed little for the vita due to heavy focus on the ps4; they basically freed up future conferences (Gamescom/TGS/Comic-Con, ect) for the vita now.

Weren't people just complaining about Nintendo not having a conference for Wii U at E3, though? Sony saying basically nothing of the thing, and showing NOTHING doesn't exactly instill confidence. As far as most are concerned, this thing is already dead and buried.

• Thumbs Up 2

They didn't exactly show much of the PS3 either whats your point? Heck they showed The Last of US which came out today!

E3 was always going to mainly focus on the PS4 for Sony,

Except the PS3 has the right to be dead. Vita is something they introduced 2 years ago and sold people on a promise that it would be the ultimate portable experience. Instead it's the ultimate paper weight. Seriously, saying this is like saying "WELL IT WOULD HAVE BEEN OK IF NINTENDO DIDN'T TALK ABOUT WII U SINCE THEY DIDN'T TALK ABOUT DS".

(Just a hypothetical situation since Nintendo did indeed talk about and FOCUS on Wii U. They did the same thing with the 3DS when it was floundering.)

Edited by Super Mario

They didn't exactly show much of the PS3 either whats your point? Heck they showed The Last of US which came out today!

E3 was always going to mainly focus on the PS4 for Sony,

It's kind of worrying if they have more stuff for the PS3, a console that's on it's way out and has plenty of games already, than the Vita, a console that kind of really needs games.

Not really.

They've said they intend to support the Ps3 for years to come.

The Vitas life cycle can technically be the same as the PS4's thanks to the streaming thing.

So it will last for 10 years. With its no games unless it's a cross buy. Yeah, totally a great outlook.

Edited by Super Mario

Its a shame...    The Vita has been out for what? Two years now? And really it got nothing to really push for it? Its really an expensive handheld and I see left and right people that have it, selling it and getting a 3DS. I sadly sold mine in the spring cause I knew nothing was gonna come out for it, and PS4 was really where I was going to invest my money into. Im just pissed I waisted 250 bucks on a Vita when it first was released and gadly stared at it with my copy of MVC3... sigh oh well. Bad investment on my part.

As I said before in this thread, it looks like this device is made for the Japanese. Because that's where most of the games are going (and most of their games are terrible and degrading).

They showed little for the vita due to heavy focus on the ps4; they basically freed up future conferences (Gamescom/TGS/Comic-Con, ect) for the vita now.

Then extend the conference to 2 hours like they did last year. SHOW US THE VITA GAMES that we need. The handheld is dying fast. It's embarrassing that one other friend has a Vita (and 3DS) while 4 others have a 3DS. And the guy who has a Vita only has one game, the crappy Call of Duty: Classified.

While some loved Project Diva f, it's simply not enough for them to purchase the $250 system. And the Vita version is not even available in the US. =/

Weren't people just complaining about Nintendo not having a conference for Wii U at E3, though? Sony saying basically nothing of the thing, and showing NOTHING doesn't exactly instill confidence. As far as most are concerned, this thing is already dead and buried.

Well, it's not exactly "nothing" they did show some Vita titles...but sadly most of them is what we already know.

What's keeping me hold of this handheld is that I am able to use remote play on the PS4 with it. It's going to be a handy feature for me in my home. I was going to say Project Diva f too, but now that's on PS3 and I plan to get this version to support Sega's efforts.

Otherwise I would have sold this handheld a month ago.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

So it will last for 10 years. With its no games unless it's a cross buy. Yeah, totally a great outlook.

Yeah we get it, you don't like Sony.

Yeah we get it, you don't like Sony.

I like Sony and I wouldn't say remote play is something worth the investment you have to make either.

>Doesn't like Sony

>Used to have a signature that displayed nothing by Sony trophies

No, I like Sony. What I don't like is their treatment of the Vita. I expected them to give me something more than a 250 dollar Persona Machine and a PS4 Wii U Tablet Controller, but they didn't. What they did at E3 tells me that they have nothing planned with it, and they're perfectly happy with just taking my 249 and giving me no reason to actually hold onto my Vita.

• Thumbs Up 3

I love my Vita and I honestly can't say I'm content with it being a cross-play machine or a PS4 controller :c

If it gets games, I'll be happy, but I'd be lying if I wasn't worried about that situation.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like Sony and I wouldn't say remote play is something worth the investment you have to make either.

The thing is, it's going to be something sony considers to be a selling point, so in future events when they show off the PS4 and all it's toys, they'll also be showing the Vita and dropping the 'did you know it works with the PS4 too' after every segment, theres bound to be more connectivity that'll be developed with it as the time goes on. It's gonna be a more investable unit as the time goes on.