Awoo.

Sonic Colo(u)rs Impressions, Help, and Discussion Topic

Agent York

Here we go again. You people need to watch that children's facts vs opinions video. He didn't like it, he didn't say it was horrible, and it's not his fault if he can't get along with the controls. It's not like Sonic 4 where the people who dislike it are going around claiming SEGA to be wrong, trying to get it changed through feedback etc, people are just saying why they don't like it.

Except he did say it was horrible..........

Besides, you never did explain what you felt was wrong with the controls. Its pretty much the same physics as Unleashed HD with a few tweaks to be more stable at lower speeds.

• Thumbs Up 2

Except he did say it was horrible..........

Besides, you never did explain what you felt was wrong with the controls. Its pretty much the same physics as Unleashed HD with a few tweaks to be more stable at lower speeds.

Thank you, but yeah what he said. Sean(Whom I say this with the utmost respect) He said it was boring, and listeless while I can't say anything on that, he did say it was horrible to control, and I said It wasn't, because all is needed is to hold the X button and use the D-pad. I was basing my post on fact.

Got it this morning, finished it an hour or so ago. Took me 4:34:31, total.

See, this is annoying, because due to a shitstorm going on at home family-wise right now (it had to happen now of all times, typical), moods have generally been quite low today, and I hate to feel that my enjoyment of the game was dragged down by all the negativity hanging in the air.

Still, by the halfway point I was immersed in the game enough not to care, and by the end I was grinning in awe. Last boss manages to be pretty damn epic. :)

I will say it's quite interesting at how much 2D there is in the game, I'd almost go as far as saying there were more 2D sections than 3D ones. Not that that's bad by any means, although it does make the statement "at last, a good 3D Sonic" seem only half-true, is all! (Of course, I like most/ all of the 3D Sonics, but from a general review perspective)

The only real issue I had was that during most of the 2D sections, Sonic is practically a dot on the screen. Sometimes I actually lost sight of where I was, when things got a bit crowded.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did. Numerous times.

Then its like I said, you may not have liked the controls, but that doesn't make them horrible, someone else could say they're the best controls ever.

Then its like I said, you may not have liked the controls, but that doesn't make them horrible, someone else could say they're the best controls ever.

Well, this is what I've been saying about Sonic 4 since it came out.

But I didn't say they were horrible. I don't even think they're horrible, I just find them a bit off and can't get along with them.

The Controls are Fine in this game. it has no thing to do with the Wii Controller or the Wii its self, its not the gamer's fault either.

its just Sonic Can do A LOT more in this game than any other sonic game (which is a good thing), so it takes time to get used to what every button does in the game that allows sonic to do a specific thing. but they aren't unresponsive at ALL, they work perfectly.

Sonic's movement/speed is stable and not slippery and the 3d parts are just perfect and wide open (most of them). it gives you a great sense of speed while not feeling on rails.

the 2d parts are as creative, seeing that it delivers the best platforming game play of Sonic in years. and the colors power gives a lot of varieties, i enjoyed exploring for the red rings.

playing the game is better than seeing it or even describing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, this is what I've been saying about Sonic 4 since it came out.

But I didn't say they were horrible. I don't even think they're horrible, I just find them a bit off and can't get along with them.

I agree with you about Sonic 4, I enjoyed it(and still do).

Sean was the one who said they were horrible, and we were talking about the DS version, not the WIi one.

Hopefully I can play this game by next Tuesday, if Not by Christmas to get my final opinion.

And Speedduelist, you may feel that way, but not everyone is going to share your opinion, he just didn't like it, its not his fault.

Edited by Shadic93

In a topic this big one's opinion is easy to lose, so I'll keep mine short and simple:

Everyone heralds this as the return of Sonic and ya blah blah, but honestly? I didn't find this that much better than Unleashed 360/PS3...

By the way, I LOVE Unleashed 360/PS3. 8D So this was just a continuation of that. Good stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here we go again. You people

I stopped right there for a second, everyone is entitled with their opinions and ideals.

need to watch that children's facts vs opinions video. He didn't like it, he didn't say it was horrible, and it's not his fault if he can't get along with the controls. It's not like Sonic 4 where the people who dislike it are going around claiming SEGA to be wrong, trying to get it changed through feedback etc, people are just saying why they don't like it.

If people don't like it then fine, but you need a legit reason to hate the game for the most part. Or else you'll just come off as stupid or ignorant like The Guardian review or the Gametrailers one.

The Controls are Fine in this game. it has no thing to do with the Wii Controller or the Wii its self, its not the gamer's fault either.

its just Sonic Can do A LOT more in this game than any other sonic game (which is a good thing), so it takes time to get used to what every button does in the game that allows sonic to do a specific thing. but they aren't unresponsive at ALL, they work perfectly.

Sonic's movement/speed is stable and not slippery and the 3d parts are just perfect and wide open (most of them). it gives you a great sense of speed while not feeling on rails.

the 2d parts are as creative, seeing that it delivers the best platforming game play of Sonic in years. and the colors power gives a lot of varieties, i enjoyed exploring for the red rings.

Okay, I'll agree with you here, the level design in the 2D areas is more creative than the classics, and just makes Sonic 4 Episode 1 look horrible, which is kind of funny yet sad, since Sonic 4 Episode 1 is a somewhat average and enjoyable game.

Edited by SuperClassic

And Speedduelist, you may feel that way, but not everyone is going to share your opinion, he just didn't like it, its not his fault.

how am I bashing his opinion and did i even mentioned the word 'fault' or any thing?

and that was my first post in the argument (2 people were arguing and then i came into the argument and posted my opinion about the game) how is that bashing an opinion... did you bother reading my post?

EDIT : it was classicsonic who was arguing with DistantJ's. i was never in the argument,

you are probably quoting the wrong person.

Edited by speedduelist

EDIT : it was classicsonic who was arguing with DistantJ's. i was never in the argument,

you are probably quoting the wrong person.

I'm not sure how someone could mistakenly quote someone else.

I'm not sure how someone could mistakenly quote someone else.

in any case , i don't see any word of 'fault' or bashing opinions here.

he probably meant some one else.

what ever, i was just defending my self.

Okay I need some help really badly!

How do you control the Cyan wisp? I'm trying to get the 2nd Red Ring in Aquatic Park ACT 4 and every time I'm drawing my line, Sonic zooms off before I'm ready.

Edited by Jimmy Kudo

I might not be able to help you but Dusk left a little help a few posts ago.

You'll get more used to it but pro-tip, I didn't figure this out immediately either but you actually have unlimited time to aim the Laser Power, just you have to hold a direction, as long as you're holding a direction you can aim. The minute you let go of that control stick though or let it center and WHAM you're off.

FINALLY got the game :D And all I can say at the moment is that it is FANTASTIC!! I absolutely love the game so far! The visuals looks great, the controls work great, the physics are well done and there is a nice mix of speed and platforming.

I'm up to Planet Wisp at the moment (have done Tropical Resort, Sweet Mountain and Starlight Carnival and my play time is around 2 hours I think) and I have encountered a few moments of frustration. However, nearly all of them were due to me not being quick enough on my feet, or me not being able to execute a jump just right. It was my lack of skill in places that caused me to faulter and die. That said though, the game is pretty ruthless when it comes to some moments of precision platforming. You have to do execute something JUST right or you will probably die and get sent back a fair bit o.O However, I personally welcome the challenge and the levels are so charming and full of life that it really doesn't matter sometimes. I felt inclined to play the section again, or even restart the entire level again sometimes.

This is what the Sonic fans have been yearning for. It's a fantastic game from what I've played so far, and I can't wait to play the rest of the levels and replay some of the other ones to find new routes.

So... I beat it. After spending hours, and hours, and HOURS on it. It is a pretty lengthy game, counting the replay value. The story is about as long as Sonic Unleashed's, but there's a lot of extra stuff to still do. I love how this game manages to have a relatively lengthy time-frame in just one character's shoes, and that there's plenty of replay value without the reward of a "final episode" or "secret boss". It's refreshing, and shows that a Sonic game doesn't need those things to feel complete.

Still... I'm sorely disappointed by the bosses. They could have easily done better. I'm gonna go totally nerd, but hey, it gets my point across.

So, the story can diverge in various spots, right? First at Starlight Carnival, or Sweet Mountain. Like, events of the story can progress first in one area, than next in another, regardless of the order. Well, in this particular sense, Sonic first fights the boss in the first area he clears, then in the next, Eggman puts Tails under his mind control. Now, if it were me, I'd say make the first area have a normal boss fight, be it the ship in Starlight Carnival or the candy pirate in Sweet Mountain, but then, in the level yet to be completed, you fight Tails and Eggman. I mean, come on, it would have been such an awesome fight! Plus, with this fork in the story, it provides a slightly new incentive to replay the game (unlock the same fight in a new arena). Then, when you get to Asteroid Coaster, you fight a "skull version" of whatever boss you didn't fight, be it the skeleton version of the airship (like what's in the game), or a ghost version of the pirate. As for Planet Wisp, I think they should have reused the DS boss, seeing "Big Boy" again was lame, and was piss easy. Aquatic Park... they could have thought of something new. I dunno.

But it was seriously nauseating fighting the same 3 bosses twice, with minimal changes in the strategies. It feels like Sonic Team played it too safe this time. It kinda does manage to take away from the experience, at least for me.

Edited by EXshad

EXshad, DUDE, spoiler! Yagh!

Bad, Exshad, BAD!

Urgh...I'm two worlds through the game so far, and it still refuses to not be fun. Even played the dreaded "bullshit trampoline" level, and honestly, what was so infuriating about that? It was neither all that hard nor unfair in the sense that I can't blame myself for the few deaths I did experience.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

EXshad, DUDE, spoiler! Yagh!

Bad, Exshad, BAD!

Urgh...I'm two worlds through the game so far, and it still refuses to not be fun. Even played the dreaded "bullshit trampoline" level, and honestly, what was so infuriating about that? It was neither all that hard nor unfair in the sense that I can't blame myself for the few deaths I did experience.

xD It's the impressions topic, and... if you saw the early bosses, you've seen 'em all. As sad as that is to say. Plus, a lot of what I mentioned happens early in the game.. wasn't it like, a preview here mentioning how Tails would be mind-controlled? lol

On Sega playing this safe on bosses.

Know what don't entirely mind it much...I still consider Colors a test run for future game development and I much rather SEGA playing a little safe then fucking shit up again.

Plus apart for the final Bosses Sonic really never had "hard" bosses...not that that's an excuse just saying.

Sonic Colors is incredible! You can even

play as Super Sonic once you defeat all the Sonic Simulator stages after collecting all the red rings. Its the locked option in the options menu.

Edited by Sean

Yeah guys, keep spoilers in spoiler tags please. I mean, do you really want someone who hasn't played the game yet to find out that

something happens after something else happens in this game?

Yeah guys, keep spoilers in spoiler tags please. I mean, do you really want someone who hasn't played the game yet to find out that

[spoiler tag]something happens after something else happens in this game?

but that always happens :blink:

[/kidding]

I Realize your point right their.

on an on topic note :

I kind of think Sonic team done most of the 3d parts right. others has serious flaws,

but they over all less than the 2d parts, its like sonic team were forced to Create 3D Segments.

its still the best sonic game since sonic 3&k. the 2D Parts are more clever platforming,explorations and sonic could do lots of varieties in both 3d and 2d segments (2D segment have way more varieties thought).

I want to see more of Tropical resort act 3 Segments in Future games,

because honestly i don't think platforming could be done on 3D without tons of bottomless pits,

imagine boosting and suddenly their is a platforming segment with bottomless pit. plus, i think platforming would be boring in 3D,

Sonic adventure had many platforming but it wasn't that interesting, the non platforming parts were far more open than sonic colors,

i hope they take inspiration for that in Future games.

Colors still remains as good as sonic 3&k in my opinion.

Is it just me or is that little yellow sign at the bottom a freaking god send? If anything, they've definately got bottomless pits right this time! Few of them,

and when there are, you're warned!

Just how they out to be!

I might post my thoughts later, if I can be bothered. =P

Edited by Wordy