Awoo.

Sonic Colo(u)rs Impressions, Help, and Discussion Topic

Agent York

I'm implying that he hasn't even tried going through the whole game yet still he's judging it. I understand your intentions but I just think it isn't really worth asking until he plays through the whole game.

What? Even if he has played only the beginning of the game, he has the right to judge what he has played. And if he didn't enjoy what he has played, it's logical that he wouldn't want to play any further.

What? Even if he has played only the beginning of the game, he has the right to judge what he has played. And if he didn't enjoy what he has played, it's logical that he wouldn't want to play any further.

In terms of controls, yes, in terms of level design, when he's only judging 1/3 of the game, no.

Sometimes a game just doesn't click for someone. I think that's fine. If I take a bite out of a sandwich and don't like it, then yeah, maybe I should try another bite or two just to be sure... maybe it'll grow on me. But if I STILL don't like it, I'm sure as heck not gonna force myself to eat the whole damn thing just so people won't say I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Live and let live guys. Personally, I think the game looks/sounds awesome, 'though I haven't had the chance to play it yet. But some people are gonna disagree, especially if they HAVE played it (even if only partially), and it's totally their prerogative to form that opinion about it. Chill out, guys.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes a game just doesn't click for someone. I think that's fine. If I take a bite out of a sandwich and don't like it, then yeah, maybe I should try another bite or two just to be sure... maybe it'll grow on me. But if I STILL don't like it, I'm sure as heck not gonna force myself to eat the whole damn thing just so people won't say I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Live and let live guys. Personally, I think the game looks/sounds awesome, 'though I haven't had the chance to play it yet. But some people are gonna disagree, especially if they HAVE played it (even if only partially), and it's totally their prerogative to form that opinion about it. Chill out, guys.

Exactly. Its not like he was saying it was bad. It just didn't sit well with him

Should arrive in the mail tomorrow for me. I'd be annoyed if I had to wait until monday. So far I'm really not worried. I really enjoyed Sonic 4, and there's an abundance of "RUINED FOREVER!" claims about that game. I'm not going to enter into this game demanding that it match up to some preset expectation of past Sonic games. All I'm expecting is for it to be fun.

Im enjoying it tbh. Its fun and it has the classic approach, rather than a stupid town.

But..

The controls really are not good.. especially the jumping. I played Sonic Adventure 2 straight afterwards, and it is actually shocking how much better that controls. And it seems quite a bit worse than HD unleashed aswell.

Adjust to it though, its fun and its ummm nice. The cutscenes are top.

Didnt expect to laugh at the jokes, but Sonics reaction to "baldy nosehair"

lmfaoo.

Edited by mark

I have to wit tell Monday(Sucks because I have to play it during a busy week) for the game. For some reason I'm excited for the return of orbot and the new cubot, can someone tell me if there dialogue is good(funny).

I have to wit tell Monday(Sucks because I have to play it during a busy week) for the game. For some reason I'm excited for the return of orbot and the new cubot, can someone tell me if there dialogue is good(funny).

Yes its good. But I actually find Sonic funnier. His new voice seems to like.. be able to project comedy really well. Sorta like Ratchet.

... Seriously, where are these control complaints coming from? I'm playing Wiimote alone and it's just as responsive as it should be, with better jump momentum than Sonic 4 (and by that, I mean there actually is jump momentum).

... Seriously, where are these control complaints coming from? I'm playing Wiimote alone and it's just as responsive as it should be, with better jump momentum than Sonic 4 (and by that, I mean there actually is jump momentum).

I think you're missing the point, as much as I think momentum is needed in Sonic games, I don't think they are complaining about the momentum, but the controls all together and how responsive they are, and all I have to say is go play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast, there's a 1 second delay on every move you make in them, the controls could get A LOT worse, imagine Sonic Colors with Sonic Unleashed's controls, oh god, it'd be hell.

I think you're missing the point, as much as I think momentum is needed in Sonic games, I don't think they are complaining about the momentum, but the controls all together and how responsive they are, and all I have to say is go play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast, there's a 1 second delay on every move you make in them, the controls could get A LOT worse, imagine Sonic Colors with Sonic Unleashed's controls, oh god, it'd be hell.

Do you reckon the controls in colours are better than the adventure games? :o

Geez Sonic Unleashed control's aren't that bad. Prefer them over Sonic 2006, where I Make the Damn Hedgehog Stop.

Geez Sonic Unleashed control's aren't that bad. Prefer them over Sonic 2006, where I Make the Damn Hedgehog Stop.

I don't think there horrible, far from that, they work well with what they're trying to do, have easy control at a fast speed, and it was good for a first try, but compared to Colors' controls, ugh.

Yes, I've played through Adventure 1, 2, and Colors and have played them all enough to say that Colors works so much better with high speeds and precise platforming than the Adventure games.

Edited by SuperClassic

In SA2, if I so much as touched the controller in a certain direction at high speeds, I'd go flying.

In SA2, if I so much as touched the controller in a certain direction at high speeds, I'd go flying.

Same shit happens in Heroes, Shadow the hedgehog, and 06. Not that I'm defending Bullshit Adventure 2.

Sonic Colors has 4 control options, but I think I'm using gamecube controller. I remember not having a fun time with unleashed(Eggman Land) in wii version, because I couldn't use study hands with the wiimote.

Yeah I suppose at high speeds, SA2 controls wernt the best.I found the platforming to have a much smoother flow to it though.

I think Unleashed HD controls are still better than colours though.

Edited by mark

I sure as hell didn't. granted I've only played the Wii version, but goddamn he controls how Shadow did in his game(Very Slippery) You hold on to the control stick for more than a few seconds you go flying and he's so damn awkward to stop. I've played the Colors Demo a few times, and he controls a lot better in there.

Actually here's how good Colors` controls are.

In the Wii version of Unleashed, using the Wiimote/Nun-chuck combo is pretty much bad, you shake the Wiimote and Sonic boosts about 5 seconds after you shake the damn thing. Colors by comparison is much more responsive, and had none of the above problems.

Just beat Sonic Colors for the DS. What a great game. It really is Sonic Rush 3, minus the trick system, and plus the added wisps. I haven't collected all the chaos emeralds yet, so there might be a different final boss to defeat if I do, but the ending I got in the game seems like it'd be the only one. Haven't beaten hardly any of the bonus missions yet either, though I did complete the ones in the first world.

Anyways, it's still a bit too early to say, but I might actually like this game more than the two Rushes. The only things that annoyed me in this game were the drill wisp (a bit hard to control) and the insta-death sections (but what Sonic game doesn't have those?). The lack of trick system was a bit of a downer, but it wouldn't have worked since they added the homing attack in. Music was awesome, as well. Best of the DS Sonic games in the sound department, I'd say.

Overall, I give it an 9/10. I am really excited to play the Wii version now.

For anyone curious, I've played & beaten the DS version of the game just now with all 7 Chaos Emeralds, and YES; there IS a monster-of-the-week extra boss played as Super Sonic in the game. I won't share the details for the sake of those who've yet to get there, but here's a hint: you get a VERY small hint to what the final boss is after beating mission 3 in Asteroid Coaster. And that's all I have to say about that!

For anyone curious, I've played & beaten the DS version of the game just now with all 7 Chaos Emeralds, and YES; there IS a monster-of-the-week extra boss played as Super Sonic in the game. I won't share the details for the sake of those who've yet to get there, but here's a hint: you get a VERY small hint to what the final boss is after beating mission 3 in Asteroid Coaster. And that's all I have to say about that!

Cool story bro

Look in the Spoiler topic above :P

Cool story bro

Look in the Spoiler topic above :P

Ah, wrong topic, then? Or was this already posted?