Awoo.

Sonic Colo(u)rs Impressions, Help, and Discussion Topic

Agent York

Dammit, and I was ready to bust this out. >:l

xzibitsoniccolors.png

Honestly though, why the hell would it take you that long to unplug the nunchuck? :l

I already told you I had tried it before, but this was on a mostly 3D level which made it really suck. The d-pad is still rubbish for the 3D sections, and the other controls are clearly gimped in order to make the d-pad controls work. It's still not THAT good a game to me.

Some people have different controller preferences. I don't think DistantJ's fault, he can have an opinion. -3-

I've been sticking with Gamecube Controller but interested to try the others out.

It's not that, it's the fact that almost everyone told him something was wrong with his setup, and he just now decided to unplug the nunchuck.

I already told you I had tried it before, but this was on a mostly 3D level which made it really suck. The d-pad is still rubbish for the 3D sections, and the other controls are clearly gimped in order to make the d-pad controls work. It's still not THAT good a game to me.

I'm sorry, but what, Dissident just posted a video of himself doing a pretty good job playing Sonic Colors with the Wiimote only, either he caught onto bad controls like a God or you just aren't that good at the game.

I'm going to drop it here and you guys should too. He can play the game how he likes and form his own opinion, you guys make have told him but there is no reason a control scheme should be "wrong", and it is down to preference.

Anyways, got Asteroid Coaster Act 6 Red Ring Guide uploading.

I'm going to drop it here and you guys should too. He can play the game how he likes and form his own opinion, you guys make have told him but there is no reason a control scheme should be "wrong", and it is down to preference.

Anyways, got Asteroid Coaster Act 6 Red Ring Guide uploading.

That's correct, he can form his own opinion, and so can we, and you're right again, it is preference, and we told him what control schemes we thought were best.

Now I don't want to go for the Wiimote controls to spite all of you. Dammit, I won't be a sheep. *screws up on GC pad* Maybe I should...

*shitty joke over, ahem*

I'm doing perfectly fine with the Gamecube pad, though pressing X to skid under obstacles is rather annoying, yet I like my analogue stick. I can still navigate the 3D sections well with them, but I'm up for trying the Wiimote option to see the difference. But I love Sonic Colours so far... except for Starlight Carnival. It somehow annoys me, especially with an overuse of automated rail scenes which seem to take up a lot of the level. Thank god the later levels of Starlight Carnival cut down on it.

Would it be too out-there to consider that perhaps there's something wrong with a game if you have to play it gimped into 8 directions for it to respond at all? Just a thought.

I have a problem with this game. SuperClassic and Dissident have a problem with me because I have a problem with this game. Who is sad here?

But I'm done with this.

No, I don't just mean this topic.

I mean this whole insane franchise, it's fanbase, it's future, this is ridiculous, it's a video game and you're treating a person this way over it. You have officially put me off this franchise. No more. Ooooooh some reviews might make people laugh at you for liking Sonic, like they have been for the past 15 years!!!! OH NOOOO!!!! You think the REVIEWS are the reason people laugh at you? No. It's THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE. This stuff evident in this topic.

• Bad Quality Post 2

Would it be too out-there to consider that perhaps there's something wrong with a game if you have to play it gimped into 8 directions for it to respond at all? Just a thought.

I have a problem with this game. SuperClassic and Dissident have a problem with me because I have a problem with this game. Who is sad here?

But I'm done with this.

I mean this whole insane franchise, it's fanbase, it's future, this is ridiculous, it's a video game and you're treating a person this way over it. You have officially put me off this franchise. No more. Ooooooh some reviews might make people laugh at you for liking Sonic, like they have been for the past 15 years!!!! OH NOOOO!!!! You think the REVIEWS are the reason people laugh at you? No. It's THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE. This stuff evident in this topic.

Dude calm the fuck down.

Seriously, we get it. If 2 people; Two people are irritating you so much, then why don't you ignore it?

Really, you're just as bad as the rest of fanbase if you're being offended by happenings on the internet.

I really don't like having to be rude, but come on. Let it go and move on. If you've had enough, then stop talking about it or retaliating with aggressive posts, that only worsens the situation.

Edited by Scar

But I'm done with this.

I have a feeling these posts are going to get deleted for modding, however as a person who believes in individuals actions instead of grouping people as a whole I don't think you should blame everyone for a few's actions, though I recommend you do take a break and I think what some users said was totally uncalled for. Though everyone's different, some peoples actions shouldn't affect your love for something in my opinion. But everyone has choices.

As I said, I'm not going to dive much more into it since this is not the right time or place for it in this topic.

Though everyone, I'd like to remind you ALL. This is a IMPRESSIONS, Helps, and Discussion topic. He is allowed to have impressions, some of you offered help but some of you just attacked him. He is allowed to dislike the game, and while the above I don't agree with everyone is allowed to feel how they feel. HOWEVER, this is not an attack topic. This is not a topic for drama. It's disappointing you guys have over the last few pages in two topics but I want that to end here and while I am not a mod, I am reporting any future posts in these topics on the issue. Discuss it somewhere else.

Thanks Dusk, you're a good man, and yeah, I am indeed going to leave this place, whether for a 'break' or indefinitely remains to be seen (judging by your sig, I probably will still see you on Silent Hill Heaven forums anyway?), but thanks for giving me a positive, mature and open minded note to leave on. I really appreciate it.

Okay, this seems to be spilling over into a couple of topics now. You already announced in two topics that you're leaving the fandom, Distant J. While it's sad, and I think a huge overreaction, it doesn't need to be played out here like a fat ol' drama.

Let's just try to get back on topic and stop sniping at each other, all right guize? Please?

Okay, this seems to be spilling over into a couple of topics now. You already announced in two topics that you're leaving the fandom, Distant J. While it's sad, and I think a huge overreaction, it doesn't need to be played out here like a fat ol' drama.

Let's just try to get back on topic and stop sniping at each other, all right guize? Please?

Thank you.

Anyways, what'd you guys think of Asteroid Coaster?

Damn, Dusk. D:

You're flooding my subscription box with these uploads. D':

Sorry about that, enjoying the game and making a Red ring Guide is actually fun since I already know where all of them are and it can help others on the more difficult stages.

And Asteroid Coaster I enjoyed a lot. As I said it made me think of a mixture of Final Egg, Red Mountain, and Twinkle Park from Sonic Adventure mixed with Eggmanland Wii from Sonic Unleashed Wii. It is the most "extreme" stage and I believe the stage with the most 3D (par the finale stage) but I had a lot of fun with it, and even the visual style I originally found bland grew on me.

Also, in Asteroid Coaster Act 6...

I love the unexpected miniboss at the end with the Ferris Wheel boss except all with gravity.

Sorry about that, enjoying the game and making a Red ring Guide is actually fun since I already know where all of them are and it can help others on the more difficult stages.

And Asteroid Coaster I enjoyed a lot. As I said it made me think of a mixture of Final Egg, Red Mountain, and Twinkle Park from Sonic Adventure mixed with Eggmanland Wii from Sonic Unleashed Wii. It is the most "extreme" stage and I believe the stage with the most 3D (par the finale stage) but I had a lot of fun with it, and even the visual style I originally found bland grew on me.

Also, in Asteroid Coaster Act 6...

I love the unexpected miniboss at the end with the Ferris Wheel boss except all with gravity.

I actually had a bit of trouble with that boss. xD

I never died, but I always get hit at least once. When are you supposed to time the homing attack? Do I push the button when there's a gap open, or do I press it when electricity is in front of me, so that it'll get out of the way before Sonic hits it?

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yea, if every level in the game was like Asteroid Coaster in terms of 3D it would have been perfect, and

Super Sonic

is a very welcome addition to the levels.

Edited by Flyboy Fox

Yea, if every level in the game was like Asteroid Coaster in terms of 3D it would have been perfect, and ********** is a very welcome addition to the levels.

SPOILER MARK THAT. Seriously!

And for the above question...

It depends on each hit, the first one when there's a gap, the second one right when a gap is approaching, third one is right when you're leaving an electrical field like on the edge of it I believe, of course it gets harder since he spins faster each time.

It depends on each hit, the first one when there's a gap, the second one right when a gap is approaching, third one is right when you're leaving an electrical field like on the edge of it I believe, of course it gets harder since he spins faster each time.

Woops, sorry, I thought I did.

Ah. Thanks.

Anyhow, regarding

Super Sonic,

why do we even have to tag that as a spoiler? It just gives someone incentive to buy the game, it doesn't ruin it for them. >.>

Ah. Thanks.

Anyhow, regarding

Super Sonic,

why do we even have to tag that as a spoiler? It just gives someone incentive to buy the game, it doesn't ruin it for them. >.>

If they want to know it's appearing on cheat sections on websites, HOWEVER we should spoiler it since we should not assume everyone wants to know, some people would rather be completely spoiler free and that is definitely a spoiler.

You can openly discuss it without spoiler tags in the spoiler topic though.

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

Will someone PLEASE explain how that is a spoiler? I thought after nearly 20 years of Sonic games that was as much of a given as the freakin Rings themselves.

Will someone PLEASE explain how that is a spoiler? I thought after nearly 20 years of Sonic games that was as much of a given as the freakin Rings themselves.

To be fair, it was quite surprising after the 15 year absence. I still think Sonic Team should have advertised it, though.