Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

Have you even played the games? anyways KH VAs in Sonic is much better than 4KIDS in Sonic games *shudders* at least Squaresoft's voice actors got talent! ;3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Oh GAWD!

Amy: Chivalry is serious business too...I'M A LADY!

I LOOOOLEED!!!!!

I've finished Team Dark's story (and should stop playing before I collapse). Working on those files now. I'm gonna get some water, and possibly some food, and then go on and do Team Rose.

I'm also gonna set up my camera to at least take a snapshot of the VA credits, or maybe crappy offscreen video. Just so there'll be no doubts.

While I'm here, I'd like to say that Shadow and Rouge are even BIGGER dicks than Jet. You'll see why shortly.

While I'm here, I'd like to say that Shadow and Rouge are even BIGGER dicks than Jet. You'll see why shortly.

lol I should get this game...sounds like a good way to get rid of calories :P

I think it is, as it shows that they aren't as friendly as the other Heroes.

Anywho, here's Team Dark's audio.

Gonna get refreshments and then start on Team Rose

Thanks Aqua! Youre the man!!

"Who cares about actual performances. As long as they're afilliated with THAT company, I'll never like them."

They're not affiliated with any company, they're separate universal professional voice actors this time, relax buddy.

Edited by Aries

Hah. The idea of Rouge and Shadow caring so little about what's going on that they had to grab a random person to fill out their team is actually pretty fitting. I love the idea of a Team Dark consisting of Shadow, Rouge and Omochao, too. Greatest team-up ever. It kind of bothers me that Omega didn't get a mention, even in passing... still, I'm sort of liking this game's story mode. It's great to see some of these unorthodox character interactions.

I've never heard a Sonic series voice actor I didn't like, so I'm really liking these new guys. The only one I'm slightly on the fence about is Amy, and that's for reasons that have already been discussed elsewhere. I love that Knuckles still has a voice similar to Dan Green's, as he's one of my favorite voice actors EVER. I also think Roger and Kate are doing bang-up jobs, as well. I also very much like the others. They're similar, but different enough to have their own interpretations of the voices. I'm definitely looking forward to all of their future performances.

As a side note, a fond farewell to the 4KiDS cast. Even if they're not everyone's cup of tea, I enjoyed the heck out of their performances and am glad that Mike is staying as Eggman. The man is pure AWESOME as the good doctor. For the others, I wish them all good luck in the future and thank them for providing voices for one of my favorite series' (Black Knight and Unleashed, especially.). :)

"I'm no machine, I'm a robot! It's different."

I think that line may be right be up there with "Watch out, you're gonna crash! Ah!" as one of my favorites in the whole series. :P

Shadow is growing on me, though the "How could I lose? line really stuck out as horrible for me. As someone else said, it should be interesting to see if Kirk Thornton can pull of a decent Chaos Control yell. It's interesting to know now that he also voiced Gabumon and Mummymon. Jet also sounds okay-ish at times too. It's still a bit better than Griffith's parrot voice. Amy still sounds too young, even for her age. I like how Cream is still super polite though, I chuckled at her "Hello Mr. Sonic, Mr. Tails, Mr. Knuckles" line.

I hope someone uploads the actual cutscenes soon.

Edited by Captain THPS4

"Hello Mr. Sonic, Mr. Tails, Mr. Knuckles"

I thought that was Amy! seriously their voices are too similarly close to pitch.

I think it is, as it shows that they aren't as friendly as the other Heroes.

Anywho, here's Team Dark's audio.

Gonna get refreshments and then start on Team Rose

In some moments Shadow's voice reminds me of the line "I got balls of steel" by you know whom xD. They sound very familiar sometimes..

So, 9 hours of sleep later and still no-one around the net has seen the credits screen? The story mode really does appear to have some length to it, thanks to Kinect.

I'm going to ask: are there any more CG scenes besides those we've seen yesterday in the launch trailer? Was the launch trailer an actual opening for the game or the opening is longer and there's more CG stuff?

P.S. I've read about that in another topic.. Well, that's kinda disappointing, but considering the fact that i didn't expect to see ANY CG i can be pleased by what we have.

Edited by ArtFenix

I'm going to ask: are there any more CG scenes besides those we've seen yesterday in the launch trailer? Was the launch trailer an actual opening for the game or the opening is longer and there's more CG stuff?

P.S. I've read about that in another topic.. Well, that's kinda disappointing, but considering the fact that i didn't expect to see ANY CG i can be pleased by what we have.

Hopefully the ending.

Listening to the cutscene audio... ugh... Amy's voice... too similar to Cream. It's hard to tell when one stops talking and the other starts, aside from being able to work it out from what they're actually saying (Amy tending to be bitching about wanting a date and Cream being polite and cute). The difference being Minnie Mouse's Amy's voice doesn't suit her, but Cream's is brilliant in comparison to her previous voices.

The rest of the voices so far are passable. Jet sounds like a dork, though.

EDIT: To make clear, I mean Amy sounds like 4Kids Cream. So obviously I'm used to hearing that and so when new Cream kicks in it's like "wait wut?"

Edited by Doctor MK

Shadow's gt the voice down, let's just hooooooope heeeeeeee can sooooorrrrrrrt out that straaaaaaaaange tone in the fuuuuuuuture.

And Rouge has had a personality transplant after missing one altogether for a while. The way she treats the robot reminds me of how she treated Emerl in Battle. She the most selfish bitch ever, and that's plain brilliant.

After listening to all the clips, Jet and Vector really grew on me, but Shadow still is all kinds of awesome.

Amy needs a deeper pitch and Knuckls really sounds like Green with better direction.

EDIT: And god, who were the writers for this, even the previous Riders had some comedic scenes, but this is one is plain "survive the bad writing to hear the new voices"

Edited by Uklo

Okay, I'm really surprised by Rouge's personality. She's gone from sultry to properly sexy, and the way she's actually living up to that self-absorbed nature now is just fantastic. The voice not only sounds great but it really compliments this personality. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Alright I love how the Robot mocks Omochao and Team Dark just doesn't give a crap when it breaks down.

Poor Omega :lol:

Most of them are average to good sounding to me, with these exceptions:

Shadow: the worst by far, sounds nothing like he used to in his early and late days, and that tone doesn't fit him at all. At least Jason Griffith had been trying to make him sound familiar since his own game, but this one is just too different and overall out of character.

Jet: I wasn't a fan of his old Griffith voice, which I found annoying, but it somewhat fit him. The tone on this new one is way too low and different, very bad choice for this character.

On a more positive note, Sonic's voice is way better here than it is in the currently released Colors cutscene imho, at least he sounds like, you know, Sonic the Hedgehog. :rolleyes:

But he doesn't sound any better than his previous actors did.

All in all, I can't say this complete change of the voice cast brought any improvements over the last one, while I Can say it brought some worse things, like the ones mentioned above. The acting may be better if these are more experienced actors (although so far it isn't), but when the tone doesn't fit it will always sound ankward.

And no, it's not a matter of getting used to, it's the voice-to-character association that doesn't work in those two cases, like it doesn't work for Sonic in the Colors cutscene.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1