Awoo.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: NEW SONIC VOICE CAST

Woun

Storywise... why has Jet pulled a 180 with his stance on cheating? In Riders he was happy to cheat to win but not now. God damn his voice sucks. The annoying thing is how cardboard all the voicing is here. It's like they're all just first attempts.

Jet's always been a bit inconsistent about being honourable. He was okay with cheating in the first Riders, but he also pulled that "I don't need your pity" speech near the end... it was weird.

I don't think the acting's that bad, at least for the cutscene style this game went with. There's the occasional terrible line, like Jet's "howdoIfeeldon'tyouknowwhoIam?" (worst first impression ever), but it's mostly okay. I am looking forward to seeing these actors in a game with proper cutscenes, though.

Edited by Octarine

So I'm listening to Jet now...and the voice sounds fine, great even. Why all the haet? :I

Sure it's annoying, but it's actually less annoying than old Jet...well, to me anyway.

Edited by Inferno

Jet's voice was better than expected.

Amy has potential, she sounds like her original SA1 voice sometimes!

Sonic does too!

I love the new voices!

Vector is like a mix of his heroes voice and his 4kids voice.

Edited by Aries

The more I hear Sonic, the more I get sad that I won't be hearing that tone in Colors... ;A;

Sure, keep the script, keep the natural voice, but just gimme that tone...that slightly higher tone Roger....pweeze? ;^;

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea... i Almost couldn't tell Amy from Cream in one clip.

Same here, I was thinking "I really hope that's cream I'm hearing. -_-""

You know, I can let Jet and Storms voices slide because they only appear in the Riders games. But Amy... damn it's such a shame. She doesn't fit Minnie Mouse at all. And I have to agree with Gamer18 about her sounding too much like Cream.

Further reflections: I'm much more comfortable with Vector after hearing him more. Amy... not so much. I still think I prefer her to Douillard, but she's definitely a step down from Lisa Ortiz.

One question to anyone who's played the game: what's the robot that follows Team Dark around called? Is it just referred to as a generic E-10000, or does it have a more specific name? Its voice reminds me a lot of Heroes/Shadow Omega's, oddly.

So I'm listening to Jet now...and the voice sounds fine, great even. Why all the haet? :I

Sure it's annoying, but it's actually less annoying than old Jet...well, to me anyway.

People can't accept the fact that you're supposed to hate Jet and consider him a Tool and a Douche.

Sonic is very well done on Roger's part. I just don't like Sonic having such a pumped up and competitive spirit; since I always thought for the whole "fiercely competitive" deal to be more of Knuckles' kind of stuff. I expect Sonic to sound more laid back, which I'm sure will happen with time. Roger's just gotta get into a proper comfort zone with this voice so he can sound calmer with his role (besides, that's the writers' fault, not his). Not saying it's bad in any way though; since his acting is top-notch and just oozes that Sonic personality.

Tails is perfect; no qualms from me about it.

Knuckles.. ehh. Dan Green much? No really, I thought Green made Knuckles sound like an angry Yami Yugi all the time and this soundalike guy doesn't help that. Green / whoever's doing this Knuckles are probably my least favorite takes on him. He could seriously benefit from a voice like Scott Drier's in SA2 and Heroes.

Amy sounds too much like Minnie Mouse with a hint of Jennifer Douillard. I think it should be switched around to sound more fitting to Amy Rose.

Cream = Bubbles (from the Powerpuff Girls) soundalike. Not a bad thing btw.

Shadow sounds amazziiinnnggg. He needs to slur his words a bit more sparingly though, since overusing it makes his voice acting sound a bit awkward.

Rouge's voice is very fitting and is miles ahead of Caren Manuel's Rouge. A bit less theatrical and chipper compared to Lani Minella's voice (tends to slur alot like Shadow's new VA. Is this intentional?); but nevertheless VERY good at showing Rouge's personality.

Vector's voice is BOSS.

E-100000's voice made me lulz.

Jet is good, but makes me cringe every time he says Sonic the Hedgehog, because for some reason he feels obliged to say his full title every time he's mentioned; especially if it means saying it in such a way that is just plain cringeworthy.

Storm is hilariously bad. I mean that in the best way possible. It's so bad it's incredible.

Wave sounds really good, and not surprisingly since it seems she's also voiced by Kate Higgins. Love how she calls Tails "shrimp". :V

Edited by Azukara

People can't accept the fact that you're supposed to hate Jet and consider him a Tool and a Douche.

You're supposed to hate him and maybe even find his voice is annoying, but he shouldn't ever bother the audience. Like a soap bitch. You hate them as people but find the character entertaining. With this new voice Jet is annoying this (as in me) audience. Ah well, the new cast is mostly very good.

Also, I'm a little worried Rouge may not have much flare to her voice anymore. Again it could just be cause fo the style of cutscene. No mouth-movement or animations to line up to.

Edited by Blue Blood

Amy has the potential to sound Great! she is just too high pitched atm I don't know why.

Im pleased with everyone else, surprisingly yes even Jet!

I can die in peace now ^_^

Edited by Aries

You're supposed to hate him and maybe even find his voice is annoying, but he shouldn't ever bother the audience. Like a soap bitch. You hate them as people but find the character entertaining. With this new voice Jet is annoying this (as in me) audience. Ah well, the new cast is mostly very good.

Also, I'm a little worried Rouge may not have much flare to her voice anymore. Again it could just be cause fo the style of cutscene. No mouth-movement or animations to line up to.

Eh, Rouge's voice was always bland as hell, there's no way to make a talking bat with boobs interesting.

Wait what.

Doesn't mean the voice can't be more than that, Blue Blood said it best..

That said...yeah, listened to all that and I've concluded again that this is definitely more a testing ground for the voices. The voice acting overall is passable.

I don't really mind the Rogues' voices now, but sounds to me they made the actors for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles voice them...again. Who in the world thought that was a good idea? Jet doesn't even sound as close to a character that supposed to be a foil for Sonic. It sounds better than Jason Griffith though. Wave sounds spot on, though.

Knuckles still sounds great, Sonic sounds great too (inconsitent with what SEGA was going with but good), Shadow gave me chills, and Rouge is nice. I've warmed up to Amy, but it still sounds kind of...I dunno. Her acting is ok, though. Cream and Vector I like. I would have liked a bit more normal sounding voices for Vector, Amy (?), Jet and Storm rather than the cartoony ones they got. Their personalities would probably shine a bit better. Ah, well. They work, kinda.

Aside from disappointments, the cast is solid.

Edited by Ryusuke

Ok, playing some more. Using Team Sonic now. I moved my bed, and it seems to be controlling better.

Let me put the nail in the coffin in something right now. I turned Omochao on during the races, and something about him sounded scarily familiar. As it turns out, I figured he out.

He's god damn Chun Li. I can hear her "sorry" taunt in his "sonic!"s. So yeah, Omochao is DEFINITELY Laura Bailey.

So now we have Street Fighter VAs in Sonic (Big is Ryu). This is ten leagues of awesome!

Edited by Decepticon Aquaslash

This is so funny, starting with Free Riders and Colors Sonic's voice cast went from lame to legendary!

2 good games!

and remember the voice switch back then? it was Shadow and Sonic 06 two bad games.

heheh talk about a 180 degree turn!

Edited by Aries

What's Big even doing? Randomly showing up in a scene? Guest commentator (that would be somewhat amazing)?

I hope hes seen screaming around Froggy!! for no apparent reason.

OK, so talked to my friend BoyleVoices or SonicBoom771 you guys might know of him. He beat the game and everything this morning and he noted Silver sounds exactly the same to him, but he hasn't tried Blaze yet, may tomorrow. He also says if no one has done it by tomorrow he'll upload the CG Opening to the game as well as the ending boss with the cutscenes before and after and the full main theme.

However he doesn't want to upload all the cutscenes because he says the story is pretty terrible and not really worth it as it amounts to them badmouthing or complimenting each other without any real substance.

Also he got the achievement for getting all the characters and he has seen no Big the Cat in the game. He might be a cameo but we're thinking Hebert mixed up Free Riders with another project he voiced. Now I don't think he's in Colors, so could it be something else...?

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

OK, so talked to my friend BoyleVoices or SonicBoom771 you guys might know of him. He beat the game and everything this morning and he noted Silver sounds exactly the same to him, but he hasn't tried Blaze yet, may tomorrow. He also says if no one has done it by tomorrow he'll upload the CG Opening to the game as well as the ending boss with the cutscenes before and after and the full main theme.

However he doesn't want to upload all the cutscenes because he says the story is pretty terrible and not really worth it as it amounts to them badmouthing or complimenting each other without any real substance.

Also he got the achievement for getting all the characters and he has seen no Big the Cat in the game. He might be a cameo but we're thinking Hebert mixed up Free Riders with another project he voiced. Now I don't think he's in Colors, so could it be something else...?

Thats is very interesting info ther, wait so Silver and Blaze are in the game huh?

And they sound the same (Silver) Lame :/ but I guess fans of them are happy with that. So its ok. Still i want to hear em Knuckles sounds like a Green clone anyways.

Edited by Aries

Ah, he's fast. Then again, he probably got it earlier. I was pretty late. Anywho, I beat Team Sonic's story. Man this game is fun when everything works and you get into it and start mastering things.

Working on Team Sonic's audio, and I'll upload it shortly.

Ah, he's fast. Then again, he probably got it earlier. I was pretty late. Anywho, I beat Team Sonic's story. Man this game is fun when everything works and you get into it and start mastering things.

Working on Team Sonic's audio, and I'll upload it shortly.

Trust me, he's godly at Sonic games, he holds the number one spot for the Xbox Live version of Sonic & Knuckles on the leaderboards (2nd ever since someone hacked but the number one legit score) and number one on Splash Hill Zone boss in Sonic 4 360 version, as well as being a very good speed runner. >_>

He and I are competing on Sonic Colors to see who can get the ending up on youtube first though he'll likely be first since I am uploading a full playthrough and he's only uploading the ending. I got the ending for Unleashed up first but he beat me on Black Knight, so we'll just see if he can hold on against me. It's fun to compete on this stuff and the community appreciates it.

BUT anyways I thank him for that and excited to hear the Hero story stuff. o3o I did upload the Babylon clips to Youtube but I gave you credit. Interested to hear the story as I'm not getting the game anytime soon unless Kinect drops or I get more money. >_>

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper