Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Since Ian explicitly said that they weren't cousins in the Prime verse.

Well, this isn't really the same exact world as before, so them being cousins is now a possibility.

Don't think so if SEGA have a stricter family mandate since Genesis came out.

Uncle Chuck is still around. I think at the very least, it's just parents that can't be referenced. I think.

Uncle Chuck is still around. I think at the very least, it's just parents that can't be referenced. I think.

Uncle Chuck can be considered an uncle figure to everyone though. In fact, I kind of suspect that Chuck in the new world will be unrelated to Sonic. We'd have to wait until #253 to see if that's on the money though.

Does that mean Tails' parents won't be appearing anymore? Because I really liked them...

Edited by ElectroKyurem

I think immediate family is fine, but, in most cases, once you start going into stuff such as grandparents, it loses it's charm and just feels dull.

The chance that parents are going to be cut was something I was rather afraid of when I thought changes may be coming around. I love that they were having families and depth in the universes. If they go and make everything flat like the games to where they try and oversimplify the stories to nothing more than beat the bad guys in the comics as well, that will be a very sad day indeed. I loved sonic and Tails' parents, so just cutting them I think is a bit harsh in my opinion of course.

>And then Naugus went back to his home planet forever and was never heard from again

4chan pretty much hit the nail on the head there, doubt were going to be seeing Naugus for awhile.

Maybe, just like Sonic and Tails remembered the other timeline when they touched Nicole, when Antoine, Rotor, Bunnie and Sally eventually touch Nicole we will see what they remembered from their timeline like how Bunnie got her limbs back, how Rotor’s team defeated the tails doll and how Sonic saved Sally from being Robotisized.

First off dude there was no fricken need to blow up your text that big. we saw it.

Second, bullshit. there was no resolutions for all those things in the old universe so they arn't going to suddleny remember how things were resolved when they wern't even delt with before the Genesis Wave hit.

Does that mean Tails' parents won't be appearing anymore? Because I really liked them...

Pretty much everyone related to a SEGA character has been cut now thanks to SEGA, bastards...

Yeah like the king nuagus subplot is really over. Nicole just called him Wally ya think that's going to be ignored?

4chan pretty much hit the nail on the head there, doubt were going to be seeing Naugus for awhile.

First off dude there was no fricken need to blow up your text that big. we saw it.

Second, bullshit. there was no resolutions for all those things in the old universe so they arn't going to suddleny remember how things were resolved when they wern't even delt with before the Genesis Wave hit.

Pretty much everyone related to a SEGA character has been cut now thanks to SEGA, bastards...

Because Penders had nothing to do with this at all...

Eh, his effect was pretty low on them. The family mandate kicked in before the Penders storm, cutting them to lessen the hassle is kind of a logical step.

Because Penders had nothing to do with this at all...

Who said that I said he had nothing to do with it? motherfuck is the biggest part of all this mess now. but its like not SEGA is totally innocent either with their nitpicking and mandates.

Yeah like the king nuagus subplot is really over. Nicole just called him Wally ya think that's going to be ignored?

The King Naugus subplot is gone, but I didn't say Naugus is gone. he will probably get a new subplot soon enough.

Of course Penders had a part to play in that. If they are gone for good, then that is crap massively. Cutting characters just to make the cast smaller is a horrible idea. The archieverse doesnt need to be like the flat game universe where the stories are so simple like they are. If anything, the comics need to be deeper, not flatter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah this isn't a "Shitty friends" situation, its a case of "SEGA Characters don't have families in the game universe, therefore we (SEGA) demand this to be effected to all universes and fuck the consequences".

Nah this isn't a "Shitty friends" situation, its a case of "SEGA Characters don't have families in the game universe, therefore we (SEGA) demand this to be effected to all universes and fuck the consequences".

Which is a horrible thing to do, especially if you haven't been following the series. It makes you wonder if someone did do this, did they actually read the comics and know what kind of situation this is going to cause with your fans and readers. The comic has been fine for 20 years and then suddenly you want to come in and change things all around to where none of that may matter anymore? They do know marvel and DC get AALOTT of flak for constantly doing that and changing what worked.

Did the families even do anything productive? The only thing I can think of is scourge had a heart to heart with Jules and when sonics parents told off nuagus and Elias' adventure oh and uncle chuck but he's SatAM

Did the families even do anything productive? The only thing I can think of is scourge had a heart to heart with Jules and when sonics parents told off nuagus and Elias' adventure oh and uncle chuck but he's SatAM

Well I know they may not have contributed a bunch, but just because someone doesnt contribute alot doesnt mean they have to be thrown out either. As I said, it gives the universe more depth and makes it feel like there is more to it than just lets fight Eggman and save the day. It gives more a reason to save the world as well,because we need to protect our families. With no families, it just allows them to be free spirits with no real reason to save the day other than its the right thing to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, uncle Beauregarde has been a pretty good character...but he's Bunnie's relative so he can likely stay.

Constant Vigil was okay, although her one appearance didn't really let her have that much impact.

Locke....died.

The rest kinda have been dead weights for a while, even with Ian giving them some different roles.

With no families, it just allows them to be free spirits with no real reason to save the day other than its the right thing to do.

Which is exactly the kind of spirit SEGA wants Sonic to represent.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Well, uncle Beauregarde has been a pretty good character...but he's Bunnie's relative so he can likely stay.

Constant Vigil was okay, although her one appearance didn't really let her have that much impact.

Locke....died.

The rest kinda have been dead weights for a while, even with Ian giving them some different roles.

Which is exactly the kind of spirit SEGA wants Sonic to represent.

I know they want him to be more like that, but making the comics like the games seem like to me you are going to make the stories really flat and pretictable. I never considered the other characters dead weight at all. I didn't see them as totally useless at all. I know they may not be main characters, but it was good to still have them.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a saying that goes "It's not what you have, it's how you use it". That applies to both things, since the basic cast of game characters and SatAM characters can be used on their own to make interesting stories (perhaps with the odd bit of extras, but not that much), and most of the cast we had were barely being used at all.

"It's a shame SEGA's forcing Archie to actually bother to write the characters like they should be written"

Sometimes I wonder why people like so much to forget what a licensed product is.

• Thumbs Up 5

"It's a shame SEGA's forcing Archie to actually bother to write the characters like they should be written"   Sometimes I wonder why people like so much to forget what a licensed product is.
People are just upset because they don't really like the changes that are happening for something that is different from the games and lasted for 20 years
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thats the thing though, were not the game universe and were not going to ever be unless we get a full blown reboot. why does SEGA insist on us conforming to a universe were never going to be like?

I like the comic universe for what it is, its more expanded and has more depth then the game universe where we have to live story by story. why conform to a universe thats soo...barebones?

• Thumbs Up 3