Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You know what would be cool to see an adaptation of in SU? a Sonic the Fighters arc, now that would be fun

Fun, but with very little flow to the story.

If they can do a Sonic Jump adaptation they can easily do a Fighters one. "Eggmans trapped animals, I better jump after him" is pretty on par, if not worse to work with than "Eggmans built a new Death Egg lets all fight for the Emeralds to see who gets to go kick his ass".

Hell TTT could have been a Fighters prequel when I write it like that haha

Edited by Tenko

If they can do a Sonic Jump adaptation they can easily do a Fighters one. "Eggmans trapped animals, I better jump after him" is pretty on par, if not worse to work with than "Eggmans built a new Death Egg lets all fight for the Emeralds to see who gets to go kick his ass". Hell TTT could have been a Fighters prequel when I write it like that haha
I considered ttt to be a lose sonic heroes adaptation

Either none of the characters should remember it, or all of them should. The comic team should really make up their mind in that regard...

The comic explicitly shows Mega Man's world regenerated fine while Sonic's didn't. That's their mind made. Mega Man characters don't remember what happened other than vague feelings, like in the first Genesis wave. Sonic and Eggman remember it since everything was done all wrong.

^Adding to that, the Genesis Wave did a little time skip in Mega Man's world. Since the comic has yet to get past MM3, it went forward to post-MM10 where more of the core characters are accessible (Blues being Proto Man, Bass, Duo, etc.) 

To have Rock remember seeing any of them would've made no sense.

EDIT: Plus, this whole discussion started with a Off-Panel which was just meant to be a humorous reflection of the crossover and not actually canon.

Edited by DarkLight

You got Sonic Heroes from that?! what the hell man?...
Four teams consisting of three members each who consist of Team Rose and Team Dark, plus an Archie-exclusive team named Team Hooligan. How could you not get Heroes from that?

Sonic Riders used the team concept as well. Sonic Free Riders even went with the 4-team dealie, complete with THREE of the four teams seen in Treasure Team Tango. TTT was not even close to a Heroes adaptation.

Maybe, just like Sonic and Tails remembered the other timeline when they touched Nicole, when Antoine, Rotor, Bunnie and Sally eventually touch Nicole we will see what they remembered from their timeline like how Bunnie got her limbs back, how Rotor’s team defeated the tails doll and how Sonic saved Sally from being Robotisized.

Maybe, just like Sonic and Tails remembered the other timeline when they touched Nicole, when Antoine, Rotor, Bunnie and Sally eventually touch Nicole we will see what they remembered from their timeline like how Bunnie got her limbs back, how Rotor’s team defeated the tails doll and how Sonic saved Sally from being Robotisized.

This is basically spelled out in the end of the issue

I'm glad I finally have my issue and can return to this topic. I like to avoid spoilers and previews like crazy, so I will be in and out of this topic when issues get closer.

Well, this issue is a bit weird obviously and the redesigns strange as well of course. Its an ok start to this, but until I see more, I can't really give a full opinion on what is hapening so far. I'm not sure many people can yet. We need more parts before we can form a full opinion here. We don't know how permanent all these things are yet, or if certain things are trashed or not. We just have to wait and see.

King Max look like he would be Ray's father now instead of Sally's

Ray is not the same kind of squirrel as Max, so no they're not rela--hey, I had this same talk on Bumbleking just hours ago!

Ray is not the same kind of squirrel as Max, so no they're not rela--hey, I had this same talk on Bumbleking just hours ago!

lol I'm sure you did. I can easily see how people could think this. You are right that there is a difference between a land squirrel and a flying squirrel.

Friday, August 30, 2013.  Start time : 2:51 PM

The other day I talked about the fact that fans were asking the question of what was the point of the past 2 1/2 years of story.   Well, another question that has arisen over the past week or so, is "What was the point of robotizing Sally and modifying and weaponzing her if there wasn't going to be a payoff."

Believe it or not, those that actually supported Ian's decision to turn Sally into a robot and modifier her, are actually now asking the question of what was the point if we're not going to get a proper payoff.  And that along with the other question are good questions to ask and that need to be answered.

Fans who had been against what Ian did to Sally, will come out and say that the reason we will not have a proper conclusion is due to the fact that what they had said over the past two years if not year and a half is true.   You see, a strong majority of fans had accused Ian Flynn of having Eggman gut Sally from the inside out.  In other words, fans accused Ian of having Eggman take Sally apart internally and rebuild her as nothing more than a battle ready Mecha robot.  Thus, the reasoning for what we saw at the New York comic con in October of last year and more recently what we had seen on the final page of issue 252.  In other words, what they see instead as a proper conclusion and a possible restoration of Sally back to flesh and blood, instead what they see is a copout or in other words a DEM.

There is no doubt, that the other majority of fans will counter this and say give it a chance, that we may still get an explanation.  But even these fans will admit and asked the question of what was the point of her being turned into a robot for the past two years.

Some fans will point out,  that issue after issue after issue, it was the same old pattern repeated over and over and over again.  That being, fight Sally, almost rescue Sally, then let Sally escape, rinse and repeat.  Which they will point out and say, that it was an unnecessary ride that Ian took us on with no final destination insight, thus the reason for the copout, instead of a proper conclusion.

I for one, will sit and wait, I will read the issues starting with 252 and going forward, because I, a longtime fan for the past 20 years, I'm hoping we get a proper explanation as to why now Sally is back to normal, new redesign and all.

I'm not afraid to admit, that I didn't like what he did to Sally, but for the past two years I dealt with it in my own way, true I still subscribed to the comic, but during the whole time she was a robot, I never opened a single issue.  But now I will.  I will open those issues, I will take a picture and video, so that you guys can see it for yourselves.  But again, I'm not afraid to admit that I didn't like what he did, because one, through the summaries and scans that were posted at several of the Sonic message boards, including this one, I just cannot picture Sally saying the things that she said when she was a robot to her friends.  True, story wise, she was not in control of her own actions, but still I could not bear myself to see her say those kind of things.  And that's coming from a longtime 20 year fan of the comic and yes even the Saturday morning show.  

But still, several fans will ask, "What was the point of this whole story arc of her being a robot, if there is not going to be a proper payoff?"

As I said before, if Ian Flynn does owe the fan base anything, it is a proper straightforward explanation as to what the point, if any, there was behind turning Sally into a battle ready robot.

Friday, August 30, 2013, finished time : 3:15 PM

lol I'm sure you did. I can easily see how people could think this. You are right that there is a difference between a land squirrel and a flying squirrel.
That reminds me are bunnie and cream actually related or was it something that genesis did I may have asked this on bumbleking but I don't remember the answer

Yes, Cream was said to be Bunnie's cousin. Also, just remembered a plot hole. In the Tails' Adventure arc in Universe, Bunnie is treated as a guest as she is mistaken for a D.E.L. soldier. However, in the Babylon Rising arc, the Battle Bird Armarda does not appear to be sided with Eggman at all.

Yes, Cream was said to be Bunnie's cousin. Also, just remembered a plot hole. In the Tails' Adventure arc in Universe, Bunnie is treated as a guest as she is mistaken for a D.E.L. soldier. However, in the Babylon Rising arc, the Battle Bird Armarda does not appear to be sided with Eggman at all.

The Battle Bird Armada is an unofficial chapter of the D.E.L., hence why they treated Bunnie as an ally on their ship.

No. Cream WAS Bunnie's cousin in the Genesis universe, but not Prime or any other reality.

Since when was the Genesis timeline in a different universe. Eggman had the power to mess with time. He just changed the world and put it in a different time. It isn't another universe, or the characters wouldn't slightly remember the last few seconds when back in their own time.