Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

look at what Matt Herms uploaded into DA

super_showdown__sonic_251__by_herms85-d6

Edited by Dejimon11
  • Thumbs Up 7

Because SEGA want a consistent brand image.

Yeah, at the expense of what made the comic unique! I fucking hate SEGA now...

Edited by ElectroKyurem

Sonic still has the SatAM cast. The freedom fighters are fighting the eggman empire and their are original characters and locations. The comic is still unique

It practically lost about half of the stuff from past issues that it was still using, especially with certain arcs being thrown away or completely re-written to something else.

"I'm so mad at Sega for wanting their mascot to have proper representation and actually resemble the franchise its based on, goddamn it Sega. Why can't you just let Archie do whatever the fuck they feel like, like back in the good ole days with Penis!Amy, gawd"

Yea, I'm starting to get the feeling people are just simply upset at things changing regardless of the content of said change. :\

• Thumbs Up 6

"I'm so mad at Sega for wanting their mascot to have proper representation and actually resemble the franchise its based on, goddamn it Sega. Why can't you just let Archie do whatever the fuck they feel like, like back in the good ole days with Penis!Amy, gawd"     Yea, I'm starting to get the feeling people are just simply upset at things changing regardless of the content of said change. :\
Thank you. People are just going to complain about stuff so that can complain about it. It's getting pretty annoying like when Sally got robotized I Remeber someone made a deviation saying "Ian Flynn rapping your childhood one character at a time" and when the crossover was almost coming people were saying "this is a fuck you to all the archie fans because the original characters aren't going to be in it" jeez Louise

"I'm so mad at Sega for wanting their mascot to have proper representation and actually resemble the franchise its based on, goddamn it Sega. Why can't you just let Archie do whatever the fuck they feel like, like back in the good ole days with Penis!Amy, gawd"

Yea, I'm starting to get the feeling people are just simply upset at things changing regardless of the content of said change. :\

Because of SEGA's mandates, some of my favorite characters are gone forever! Am I supposed to just accept that and move on?

Because of SEGA's mandates, some of my favorite characters are gone forever! Am I supposed to just accept that and move on?

To my knowledge the only characters that can't be used due to sega mandates are Nega emerl/gmerl the black arms(thank you) the dark brotherhood metal overlord(yes) and everybody who is in sonic x, STC,the ova and underground. The parents can be used they just can't be referred to as being related to the sega cast

Edited by Dejimon11

Believe me, everyone hate change, thats why people get upset at it. Look, I'll be honest here. The main reason I feel like its a waist to throw these characters away is it sort of disrupts your fans from doing other things as well. I dont mind if you want to do new things with the characters and such, but when you are basically just saying these characters cant be who you are, you disrupt peoples fandoms and the things people are used to. You can't expect people to just sit down and be happy about that. You can be nice about it to those that are uspet as well instead of saying oh get over it, or they can do whatever they want. You want to at least try and present your arguements in a nicer way.

As you can see with me, I dont totally object to new material, I just object to them trying to make the comics more like the games, when the game writters haven't exactly done a good job over time at keeping their stories exciting or full of depth. When the story is simply run from point A to point B with little else but lets beat the bad guys, it gets old after awhile. Yes I know the comics were a bit like a soap opera sometimes, but at least the had the depth to do so. You don't want to strip the comics of what made them more unique do you? That just makes no sense. It would have been one thing to simply say, Sonic is now stuck in another universe and can't get back to the original, but its another to rewrite the original to say oh these people aren't allowed to be there anymore.

I hope this makes a little sense. unsure.png  I dont want to be seen as some nutty person in all this after all. I've worried about this most of the summer already.

• Thumbs Up 1

YES. It fucking happened, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Complaining isn't going to bring them back.

• Thumbs Up 1

YES. It fucking happened, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Complaining isn't going to bring them back.

Fuck you, I'll complain as much as I want! This is completely unfair to the people who liked those characters. As far as I'm concerned, the comic is DEAD!

That was a bit rude to say to him you know? I can understand how he feels definately. I'm not going to cry over it, but telling him in such a rude way isn't a way to help someone that is upset over change.

You know, you could say the same to people who want more playable characters in the games, such as...oh, right, yourself!~ Guess we should stop complaining about Sola Sonica since it won't do any good!!!!

I mean, I can't say I'm too fussed about losing some of the characters--I AM annoyed that we may lose Sonic's parents (I think? they were on that last a while back and I'm pretty sure they're Penders characters) as well as a few others, mind you--but saying "OMG STOP COMPLAINING" is a bit much.

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 3

Whys that?

It just doesn't seem like something they would do right now considering al the changes they are making. Unless the next one or two arcs of Sonic Universe are it, I'm not sure it would happen any time soon. Not saying it wont happen, but with things that are going on right now, why would they focus on that when so much else is going on right now.

My problem is less to do with change and more to do with how unfinished and rushed everything has been as a result of all of this. That's not saying I wouldn't fuss about losing Lien-Da (because I would), but that in the manner it was done here? Yeah, let them move on, but I'm pretty sure people have every right not to accept what happened given how it happened in the first place.

Okay, dude, you basically just shot yourself right in the foot in saying this, because come around the time you make a similar complaint elsewhere you should expect those very words of yours get thrown right back at you from this point on.

• Thumbs Up 1

....Ah, to put it in a more professional tone, it's not in SEGA's interests to reverse their decisions regarding the matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

What if it's said by me? I'm generally more of an asshole and as far as I can recall I haven't been arguing against Sola Sonica.

So yeah. KKM says: So you've lost your favourite character. Tough shit. Why would you expect in any given day that an advertisement that was advertising things wrong be left to its own devices much longer?

The characters you like remain in your memory. SEGA's not to blame for eating babies or any shit like that. They have a right and a duty to make sure the comic remains on tracks. Sonic does not belong to Archie. Sonic belongs to SEGA. Archie needed to be taught this.

The characters you like are gone. Guess what- if you read comics in the last 60 years, that's something normal. Go over there to the corner with the Ted Kord fans and the Peter Parker fans and cry in a group. It's just something that happens when you read US comics, licensed or not. The faster you learn to move on, especially when the licensor was in the right, the faster you avoid becoming the kind of fans that 6 years after is still crying about One More Day.

• Thumbs Up 8

ITT: Massive dickery for the sake of dickery

To be frank, no one really HAS to "move on", and nobody HAS to like what's going on either.  However, If these changes are to your disliking, then your best best is to give up on the book.  There's no shame in letting go of something because it basically started sucking.  Sure.  You cynics out there can say that the stories will be better and all that jazz, but we all know that that kind of thing is subjective to the max. 

I will say that it's not worth being worked up over for an extended amount of time.  Once the venting period is over, perhaps collect back issues and cherish the memories.  Plus, there will always be things like fan art, and games.  I've been clinging on to dead characters for over five years now. There's no shame in it, and I don't plan on letting go...well ever. :D

This post was brought to you by a fan of Metal God Damn KnucklesTM

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, dude, you basically just shot yourself right in the foot in saying this, because come around the time you make a similar complaint elsewhere you should expect those very words of yours get thrown right back at you from this point on.

When I complain about a change I don't like, I make sure to have my argument be a lot more substantial than "I don't like change". I don't expect any special treatment and I don't want any.

Fuck you, I'll complain as much as I want! This is completely unfair to the people who liked those characters. As far as I'm concerned, the comic is DEAD!

Yes, because you are the only person who this has affected and nobody else is upset about this at all.

Seriously, if this all it takes for you to say the book is 'dead" then you probably weren't much of a fan in the first place because this shit happens ALL of the time in comic books. You're making it seem bigger than it actually is.

You know, you could say the same to people who want more playable characters in the games, such as...oh, right, yourself!~ Guess we should stop complaining about Sola Sonica since it won't do any good!!!!

I mean, I can't say I'm too fussed about losing some of the characters--I AM annoyed that we may lose Sonic's parents (I think? they were on that last a while back and I'm pretty sure they're Penders characters) as well as a few others, mind you--but saying "OMG STOP COMPLAINING" is a bit much.

I can think of so many people who have made better arguments than the ones presented in this thread on the matter.

I'm not saying nobody doesn't have a right to be upset, but considering ALL of the shit that this book has been subjected to LONG before Sega ever got involved, its this that broke the camel's back? And its not even just Sega either, but apparently people just want to find a scapegoat and blame everything on them despite not even knowing the full situation.

If anyone had any basic knowledge of long running comicbooks, they'd know this is nothing new.

Just read the new issue and so far I'm actually looking forward how it's turning out. I think so many people freaked out when the preview pages came out that no one had yet to realise that we've seen one part of something that is possibly going to span four or more issues before we truly understand the effects the genesis wave has on the world.

Good points:

Firstly a majority of the characters look like they are still present and most of the side (boring characters) could possibly be eliminated. Seriously Tails' parents played little role in the comics when they came back and most of the side characters seemed to be put in as a gimmick rather than serve any valuable role. King Max, who has been a rather annoying and useless character is finally back to his old self. Not too fond on Elias and Alicia but it's still debatable whether they could show up in a later issue. 

Secondly  shaking up the world structure will allow Ian to introduce some new places (not that he hasn't already) and fit them into the new environment- something I'm looking forward too. 

Some negative points to include- why Nagus was even brought back for 4 pages doesn't make much sense. Ian could have just written his character out entirely rather than write him in just to disappear (possibly because we might see Nagus again in a few issues time.

The redesign of some of the characters do look a little odd. King Max looks like he's got way too much hair gel on both his head and his tail. Nicole's design was briefly introduced but from what some of the other issue covers show it rather much a copy of Blaze's design with leggings (with the pointed coat/top and the ears sticking up). 

For people who believe the comic is now dead I say to them that it was pretty much buried during Penders reign on the comic. One issue is all we've seen and we currently have no idea what other changes are in store. Most of the changes are because of Sega and Pender's law case so any move that will keep the comics going is better than the comics not running at all. 

If I can say something about the changes remember when genesis was announced? They said it was going to be some changes after the event and everybody was mad that there weren't changes. Now with worlds collide they said that it will affect both continuities in the aftermath nobody believed it and now that changes have happened everybody is mad.