Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yes, and?

I actually like the changes, Dejimon, but that "OH SO THEY SAID THEY WERE DOING X AND YOU COMPLAINED AND NOW THEY'RE NOT AND YOU'RE COMPLAINGING ASHASH" attitude is really grating.

1- Do you know the same people complaining then are the ones complaining now?

2- If you have a would in your arm and complain I'm not treating it, and then I treat it by ripping off your entire arm, do I get to point out how "oh so you were complaining then I wasn't doing anything now that I AM you're still complaining well fuck you".

1) yes and yes 2) I didn't quite get what you were saying can you interpret that in another way please

What I'm saying is, people asking for change doesn't mean they wanted THIS much change.

You're on a car and say "turn slightly right", and he swerves right off a cliff.

If you ask your husband to throw out the baby's bathwater and he throws the baby with it.

Etc.

What I'm saying is, people asking for change doesn't mean they wanted THIS much change.   You're on a car and say "turn slightly right", and he swerves right off a cliff.   If you ask your husband to throw out the baby's bathwater and he throws the baby with it.   Etc.
Ok you made your thanks for the explaination

Overall on this matter, people just need to respect other people's views on this and not try and make them feel bad for their views. As I said before, I'm not abondoning the comics because of this, but does it mean I'm happy for it, not at all. Yes I'm upset I may never see certain characters again. Everyone has their favorites and those they like in their personal fanons and such. Everyone here has one. Who one person sees as a boring character, another doesnt see them that way. Its all a matter of respect. I have my own dislike for certain characters, such as a particular bat, but I try not to run around and bash on her constantly out of respect for others around here. I may complain to a friend, but not out here where I may hurt others.

Lots of us are going to be upset about this for awhile because it blows our mind that its happening. The longer you have been into the comics, the more it is a shock to you. I've been a subscriber since issue 160 and now own most all the back issues as well. Some character I really like that I dont see much anymore and others not so much. In my personal fanon and rps and such I like doing, the parent characters actually play more roles so I enjoyed them. It would beone thing to not just be used anymore, but to say they are trashed is another or that they are boring or useless is just throwing fire onto people. Its no wonder they snap back.

I'm not giving up on the comic at all, but if you expect me to just go oh well to the matter, that wont happen either. I'm still here for it all.

Tails' parents played little role in the comics when they came back.

Even so, it would have been nice to have them around. I really liked them...

Even so, it would have been nice to have them around. I really liked them...

If an object is taking up space, you probably do something to move it.

Well, you'd actually either give the object a purpose or then move it. And since the family mandate makes it a bit hard to give them a proper purpose without linking them to Tails...

Out of curiosity it was Karl Bollers who made Amadeus and rosemary correct? If so you have nothing to worry about

Edited by Dejimon11

I think the main point that most are going on about, is that people just keep saying oh well that character waas useless and had to be gotten rid of. Everyone likes other characters and as long as we understand that, it wont matter as much. I'm as upset as he is over Tails' parents being taken away yes. I can get over that, since believe me, they are still going to be used by me in rp's and stories and such. Its more the fact when people say oh they were worthless characters and almost put you down for liking a side character that hurts alot more.

And yes, I dont think Tails' parents were pender characters from what I read.

From reading this I assumed that it was the parents of the canon/game characters that are gone. NOT just the Penders ones, I might be wrong but that was the impression I got.

Sigh, may I point this out, just because they have not been shown, does not mean all parents are gone, specaiyl not the non-penders one, they are just wating to reintroduce them, but its not that big na issue to me honestly, most the characters I care about are safe as for the most part they are forgotten characters, even if it may be awhile before they show up(though I get the feeling Nack might be right around the corner)

I do think we should wait and see more of this before forming as full opinion as I already said awhile ago. We are still getting rather worked up ahead of time when we still don't know 100% what is going to happen at this point.

When I complain about a change I don't like, I make sure to have my argument be a lot more substantial than "I don't like change". I don't expect any special treatment and I don't want any.

It's less about special treatment and more practicing what you preach; you just told someone to get over it and stop complaining about something they liked being gone when you and many others (including myself) do the exact same thing over other things in this series, in which their whole argument is less "I don't like change" but is instead "I like these characters and didn't want them gone." And should you make similar complaints, expect your own words to get thrown back at you.

Are people complaining about changes in the comics? I will admit, there are some changes I dont like, but even with all the changes, its still freaking Sonic! Thats all that is important here, its not like these changes no longer make it Sonic!

Are people complaining about changes in the comics? I will admit, there are some changes I dont like, but even with all the changes, its still freaking Sonic! Thats all that is important here, its not like these changes no longer make it Sonic!

But you have to take into account that the comics are Archie!Sonic, and was basically its own thing for a solid 20 years.

Admittedly, I only officially hopped on the comic bandwagon with Worlds Collide (hook, line, and sinker), so the changes don't hold as much of an impact on me as I'm new to the series (granted, with some extensive research prior to). That doesn't mean I can't sympathize.

Now with SEGA and the whole Penders issue basically causing all these changes to happen to begin with, some folks are concerned as to how much has changed. Arcs and tentative tales were thrown out the window as a result. Many worry over what of Archie!Sonic lore has survived the process and what hasn't.

Doesn't help that the story only advances so far at a monthly pace, so we won't know the full extent of these changes for a long time.

You know, I'm not going to be one of those that say people shouldn't complain. If a person isn't happy with these changes, go ahead and complain about it. However. I don't see why some people are pretty much throwing freaking tantrums over this whole situation. Yes, your favorite character might be gone. Yes, I can understand why you would be unhappy. But my god. It's not the end of the freaking world. It just boggles my mind.

Anyway, I can't really comment much on the actual situation considering that I don't read the comics. However, I kinda do want to check the newest issue out now. Maybe I'll go to my local Barnes and Nobles and pick up a copy when I get a chance...

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, seems I'll be able to see what people are bitching upset about soon. I get my issue sometime this week, hopefully. The only thing I actually have a problem with so far is Antoine's and Rotor's redesigns.

If you've been following something for years, only for changes to happen so sudden and abruptly, with unfinished arcs being thrown away, in addition to having full knowledge over why it's being done with said reasons behind it coming off in a way where they probably could have done better to concluded certain arcs, I'm pretty sure there's a lot to be upset and rage over.

Stuff like this isn't something you're just going to up and deal with instantly, and it's practically fanning the flames to tell people to just up and get over it right then and there, especially when we're just now getting the changes. Give it time; either people will leave and find other interests or see how this plays out and judge it there.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 1

I do think we should wait and see more of this before forming as full opinion as I already said awhile ago. We are still getting rather worked up ahead of time when we still don't know 100% what is going to happen at this point.

^This.

Seriously guys. You're all getting worked up about stuff that hasn't even been confirmed yet. My advice? Lean back, take a deep breath, and be patient. All the answers will be revealed soon!

You know something, I genuinely like Art Mawhinney's artwork, but even I'm willing to admit his artwork just stopped working with the book post-Adventure era. He used to be second to Spaz in his early days, but then he came back for several short stories around the early 100s his stuff slowly sorta deteriorated. The worst was a little later from what I'd seen, where the characters all looked like they were oddly staring into nothing. I don't know how much to blame the inker in that case, but it just wasn't the same. The work on display here isn't his worst though. Tails looks odd, but other than that, it looks pretty decent for later Mawhinney.

I would be interested in seeing him return to the book in a rotating artist role (like Butler, Bates, Yardley, Stanley, etc.), as I want to see how he adjusts and adapts to the new in-house style. I honestly think he's a good artist, even though he kinda fell off in quality just a bit (though never near Penders or Lim levels of terrible), and I think it'd be interesting to see how his work has changed.

Edited by Zaysho

Because SEGA wants a consistent brand image.

So being consistent means we have to lose whatever uniqueness we have? where the hell was this consistency when Sonic X was around? Fuck if I wanted consistency in that and not have the adventures of whiny rich boy and his shitty animal friends.

I wonder if they even realize how dull a game-only comic universe would be, and not only that they would run out of material quick considering they would not even use a 3rd of the games' library Sonic has.

For the record, since shit was just now brought to staff's attention:

"I'm so mad at Sega for wanting their mascot to have proper representation and actually resemble the franchise its based on, goddamn it Sega. Why can't you just let Archie do whatever the fuck they feel like, like back in the good ole days with Penis!Amy, gawd"

Yea, I'm starting to get the feeling people are just simply upset at things changing regardless of the content of said change. :\

YES. It fucking happened, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Complaining isn't going to bring them back.

Fuck you, I'll complain as much as I want! This is completely unfair to the people who liked those characters. As far as I'm concerned, the comic is DEAD!

Seriously, if this all it takes for you to say the book is 'dead" then you probably weren't much of a fan in the first place because this shit happens ALL of the time in comic books. You're making it seem bigger than it actually is.

Yes, and?

I actually like the changes, Dejimon, but that "OH SO THEY SAID THEY WERE DOING X AND YOU COMPLAINED AND NOW THEY'RE NOT AND YOU'RE COMPLAINGING ASHASH" attitude is really grating.

This is not how you carry on a conversation. At all. The dickery emanating from these posts is astounding, which is especially ironic when you consider that part of the argument is that the subject is not that serious. Show some respect towards each other or strikes will be had.

• Thumbs Up 7