Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Zonic is occupied at the moment. Hunting down Nega and fixing the no zone.

"Sir, sir! Knuckles is dead!"

"Well, looks like he'll be SMASHING no more. BLARGHARGHARGHARGH!"

I know Zonic is probably chasing down Nega right now, but I just had the strangest image of him watching this on a supercomputer, sipping a cup of tea and shaking his head.

"Trust your counterpart I thought. He wouldn't dare let anything screw up the prime zone."

• Thumbs Up 1

I think more Stephen King's IT or Rocky Horror (as i mentioned above) than the Thornberrys when I think of Tim Curry...maybe I'm showing my age >.<

Awesome pic tho haha

So, on another note any more thoughts on what may happen, and what do you guys think about my theory of Uncle Chuck bringing in Shard(since he may not have been restored yet in this timeline, and that means Chuck could do the rebuild now with this major crisis on hand. He is also a popular character so his return is likely)

Also, here is another thought, will Snively return, perhaps with a minor redesign?

Wait, wait, hold up.

Snively was imprisoned by Eggman for quite some time now - he was last seen in the Wily Egg, his capsule being next to Doctor Light's (though we don't see him per se, his name was on the capsule and it was evident he was inside).

If I recall correctly from a few pages back, the Wily Egg ended up in Blaze's world.

Then we have that Metal Sonic rebuilt into Captain Metal... but a bunch of robots couldn't have just done that, right? SOMEONE must've actually rebuilt him.

And who'd know as much about Eggman's tech as Eggman himself?

...mother of god.

blink.png  Viz, you are a genius; I dont know how I didnt connect the dots myself

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

So if your theory is right then Vizard, Snively should be showing his ugly face soon. question is if he was shielded from the WilyEgg genesis wave and remembers what happened or if were dealing with a New!Snively situation?...

Zonic is occupied at the moment. Hunting down Nega and fixing the no zone.

Isn't the WilyEgg genesis supposed to re-write everything though including what goes on with Zonic and his crew of Zone Cops?

I've decided that I really want to dive into the comics now, but where do I start? The first few really sucked, but where does it get good? Can somebody give me an issue number ti start at? Also, when does Metal Sonic come into the series?

Just start at the crossover, its more aimed at new and non-readers anyways. I can't reccommend any of the past issues anymore since my suggestions just lead to 2 arcs with no conclusion. 

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

So if your theory is right then Vizard, Snively should be showing his ugly face soon. question is if he was shielded from the WilyEgg genesis wave and remembers what happened or if were dealing with a New!Snively situation?...

Isn't the WilyEgg genesis supposed to re-write everything though including what goes on with Zonic and his crew of Zone Cops?

Just start at the crossover, its more aimed at new and non-readers anyways. I can't reccommend any of the past issues anymore since my suggestions just lead to 2 arcs with no conclusion. 

I think we might have a bit of both, remember the first genesis wave, snively still existed, and went through very few changes, I have a feeling he could have both memories, and his personality might be a bit different, but I get the feeling we could see a more confident, changed snively. he has been imprisoned for over a year,and has more than a time to rethink his decissions, but on the other hand he still has a bit of an evil streak. I think we will end up with a new/old snively, but I think we could see improvements and changes, and perhaps some design changes. He is definately not dissappearing, as much as Nagus, Sally, Rotor, Max, Antonie and Bunny arent going anywhere, they have been part of the story so long, and are part of the series history and structure.

Now that being said, we could see Snively become independent, especialy if he is behind captian Metal, him decided to take his own preogitive to try and control a world of his own with no one else to look over him? thats going to give him an actual backbone, and perhaps make him want to go on his own. But if Amy/cream/bark/and bean are any sign, his memory is going to be overall hazy till he returns to mobius, where he will either gain both memories, or only the new timeline memory(like king Max), but both is likely because he was so close to epicenter(like eggman) and has a stronger link. Honestly I think Snively is prime for a self reinvention, and we could turn out with a new interesting foe... or friend

Say CC14, you have analyzed the comic many times, what do you think about all this?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 1

Then Cap'n Metal removes his head and its a Nack in the box. Kidding. Vizard that's one of the best explanations yet, was always dubious of Whisker doing it as I doubt he would want another Captain, equal to his rank on the seas.

• Thumbs Up 2

This was a weird issue as it felt like a number one. Only thing I can say is the redesigns are a VERY mixed bag. I feel like this issue was a fake reboot/not reboot. :/ 

Edited by Gewn Naka

So, I'm a week behind, but I picked up SU#55 today with my usual other assorted books (also deciding to give Mega Man a try with #28, but that's off-topic). I'm really trying to avoid STH#252 spoilers for the moment though. The preview has definitely got me looking forward, even though most of us know why some of the more drastic changes had to happen.

After reading SU#55, I have to say am I happy to be back in continuity (ya know, of sorts). I skipped most of the crossover, because I honestly didn't feel like running to my local comic shop every week. As much fun as it was, it didn't really count in a major way, did it?

Anyway SU#55 was great read for me. Blaze is one of my favorite characters, so seeing her get the spotlight is always great. Based on her internal monologues and some dialogue, it seems she remember most of what happened in "Worlds Collide." Which makes sense, she's not from Mobius Prime, nor does she truly have a connection there, any of the Genesis Wave problems wouldn't really have an effect on her or her world (which gives me hope for seeing Scourge and the Destructix back in action once Sonic and crew catch their bearings). Also, Yardley writes a pretty tight script; this thing is just fun to read! Marine cracked me up (he really ran with her dialogue/accent, more than even Flynn did in her previous apperances). Really excited for this storyline. I do hope Yardley explores exactly how/why Blaze's world ended up in the situation it's in; the details (if there really have been any) have always been vague, and the plot has always been dangling in the background for a long time... but thankfully it looks like her quest will end here, so all I can hope for is that some questions start getting answered. All-in-all, it's definitely off to a promising start.

Can't wait to grab #252 next week!

11:05 AM, Wednesday, August 28, 2013.

Within the past 24 to 48 hours, many fans on this message board and others have received issue 252 and within the past week almost have read and looked at the six page preview, many ask the question, and that question is : ''What was the point of the past two years of this story arc?"

Now that is a very good question.  Many feel that there was no point whatsoever for Ian Flynn to write this story arc and place established characters into situations that as of 252 and the upcoming Countdown To Chaos will have no resolve whatsoever.  In other words have no absolute conclusion.  Why would fans feel this way?, Mainly because Ian Flynn with all due respect in my opinion wrote himself into a corner.

Now I'm not saying that to be bias, I'm saying that because from what has gone on behind the scenes, it seems that it is the most logical answer.  You see, Ian Flynn had to alter/change his original plans of the story arc because of what happened behind the scenes.  And to me with all due respect, I feel even though Ian had planned this story arc out from beginning to end, that he did not have a plan set in place in case something happened that would be beyond his control.  Because it seems that a lot of the edits and changes that were made to the issues in the story arc were done almost at the last minute/11th hour, in other words almost right to the last second of the deadline that the story was required to be ready for publication because of what happened behind the scenes.

Longtime fans and new fans can blame the lawsuit for these sudden changes and alteration of plans in the story arc.  Some can blame the interference of Sega and Capcom was sticking their nose in at the wrong time in ordering the crossover to take place during the planned schedule time that Ian was hoping to wrap up his current story arc.  And again some fans can blame Ian Flynn himself.  Once again though, with all due respect to Ian Flynn, I believe as a longtime fan myself, someone who is read the comic from the very beginning and started to officially subscribed to it since issue 72 which should be about 180 issues ago this month, I believe that he had everything set and ready to go as planned, but the downfall was the fact that he didn't plan out a backup plan in case anything would happen behind the scenes.  Thus the reason why some fans are confused and if not more upset at the fact that Ian Flynn took them on a two-year ride with no final destination insight.   

However in reality, a change of plans is not uncommon.  A couple of weeks ago, my second older sister and her husband were supposed to fly out of Las Vegas and come here to pick up the sons on the 18th of this month, but because mother nature decided to rain down on their plans, they had to wait an extra day and then fly out finally and get their kids.  Another example would be myself during that same situation, for you see I had planned to wake my nine-year-old nephew up to get him ready for school when his dad's father would pick him up and take him there, and while he would be gone, I would relax, do some vids for my YouTube channel, and possibly watch some movies as well as see what was going on on the Internet.  But because of the fact that my second older sister and her husband had to wait an extra day, their sons were here and thus that had altered my plans.  So again a change of plans is not uncommon in life.  One more example would be the fact, that my oldest sister was going to take my now 21-year-old niece to see American storm in Las Vegas, but because of the fact that they were on tour, a change of plans and destination had to be made, thus they decided to do the traditional Chippendale's instead.  And once again this shows that even though we plan out something and hope to achieve it and see it happen as we plan it out, sometimes plans will be altered and changed and if a destination is in mind within those plans, that it too can be altered and changed.  And that is exactly what happened with Ian Flynn's story arc.

Now one could argue, that even if that is the case, why was there no conclusion?  Because Ian's orginal plans for the story arc were altered and changed because he did not have a backup plan just in case certain things happened behind the scenes that would be beyond his control.

But I will say this, Ian and Paul do owe a straight forward, truthful explanation as to what the point was to the story arc of the past 2 1/2 years.  I will say that they do owe the entire fan base, the readers/subscribers an explanation.

And that is my take on this whole situation that's been talked about for the past week and more recently for the past 24 to 48 hours.

11:35 AM, Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wait, wait, hold up.

Snively was imprisoned by Eggman for quite some time now - he was last seen in the Wily Egg, his capsule being next to Doctor Light's (though we don't see him per se, his name was on the capsule and it was evident he was inside).

If I recall correctly from a few pages back, the Wily Egg ended up in Blaze's world.

Then we have that Metal Sonic rebuilt into Captain Metal... but a bunch of robots couldn't have just done that, right? SOMEONE must've actually rebuilt him.

And who'd know as much about Eggman's tech as Eggman himself?

...mother of god.

This questions me so much now ._.

This questions me so much now ._.

I'm surprised no one else thought of this sooner.  It would make for one whizz bang surprise.

• Thumbs Up 2

So... anyone know what the Off-Panel looks like?

Or the sonic grams. I swear someone has sent a letter for this issue

I'm surprised no one else thought of this sooner. It would make for one whizz bang surprise.

I simply concluded that it was Captain Whisker, which is the most obvious assumption. Actually, even now I still question whether Snively would really be the type to create a pirate-themed robot.

Edited by TheFatPanda

I simply concluded that it was Captain Whisker, which is the most obvious assumption. Actually, even now I still question whether Snively would really be the type to create a pirate-themed robot.

well, he could have come upon the remains of captian whisker first, who would make a good front, then decided to keep the theme

Didn't Ian say that we won't be seeing snively for a while? And his appearance in worlds collide was just a cameo nothing more. Also captain whiskers is in this arc

Didn't Ian say that we won't be seeing snively for a while? And his appearance in worlds collide was just a cameo nothing more. Also captain whiskers is in this arc

but Ian isnt writing this, Yardley is...