Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Ok, so on another note I just realized something: Eggman wouldnt have been effected by the genesis wave messup because he's from another dimension! what this could mean is that the original Robotnik could still be alive.... boy lots of interesting reprecusions

Also, since elias, and proably the secret freedom fighters no longer exist, Shard may still be alive, I mean here's what I am thinking: He hasnt been rebuilt yet, but Uncle Chuck has all the peices, so what if the old ally Chuck is bringing(as refered to in the later synopis) is Shard?

Ok, so on another note I just realized something: Eggman wouldnt have been effected by the genesis wave messup because he's from another dimension! what this could mean is that the original Robotnik could still be alive.... boy lots of interesting reprecusions

Also, since elias, and proably the secret freedom fighters no longer exist, Shard may still be alive, I mean here's what I am thinking: He hasnt been rebuilt yet, but Uncle Chuck has all the peices, so what if the old ally Chuck is bringing(as refered to in the later synopis) is Shard?

But each time the Genesis Wave was launched, Eggman was affected every time and remained the designated Eggman of the universe.

I assume this is something to do with the Zone Cops and Eggman actually able to get away with being in Sonic's Universe due to him "filling the void" when SatAM Robotnik died. Glad to see that the timeline is inserting Robotnik over his SatAM counterpart (Yes, maybe I did click one spoiler).

Genesis will always obviously affect Eggman since Eggman's the one to start it in the first place. Nothing to do with dimensions.

I've decided that I really want to dive into the comics now, but where do I start? The first few really sucked, but where does it get good? Can somebody give me an issue number ti start at? Also, when does Metal Sonic come into the series?

I've decided that I really want to dive into the comics now, but where do I start? The first few really sucked, but where does it get good? Can somebody give me an issue number ti start at? Also, when does Metal Sonic come into the series?

Well this is just my opinion, but when you reach issue 160 (when Flynn and Yardely begin on writing and artwork) the artwork is way better than before, but in terms of story I really am not sure.  At the earliest, I'd say you could start with Endgame.  Also Metal Sonic first appeared in issue 25.

I'd recommend starting at Worlds Collide. It's a good arc/crossover, and the following comics are supposed to introduce a new universe.

Yeah the crossover is a good jumping point it's built for the newer readers in mind. I also recommend mega man but that's just me

Well, whether you want Mega Man or not depends on what captivates you about Sonic in the first place and how congruent it is to Mega Man's qualities, really. Me, even after reading the crossover I wasn't interested in learning any more about the non-Sonic parts.

11:05 AM, Wednesday, August 28, 2013.

Within the past 24 to 48 hours, many fans on this message board and others have received issue 252 and within the past week almost have read and looked at the six page preview, many ask the question, and that question is : ''What was the point of the past two years of this story arc?"

Now that is a very good question.  Many feel that there was no point whatsoever for Ian Flynn to write this story arc and place established characters into situations that as of 252 and the upcoming Countdown To Chaos will have no resolve whatsoever.  In other words have no absolute conclusion.  Why would fans feel this way?, Mainly because Ian Flynn with all due respect in my opinion wrote himself into a corner.

Now I'm not saying that to be bias, I'm saying that because from what has gone on behind the scenes, it seems that it is the most logical answer.  You see, Ian Flynn had to alter/change his original plans of the story arc because of what happened behind the scenes.  And to me with all due respect, I feel even though Ian had planned this story arc out from beginning to end, that he did not have a plan set in place in case something happened that would be beyond his control.  Because it seems that a lot of the edits and changes that were made to the issues in the story arc were done almost at the last minute/11th hour, in other words almost right to the last second of the deadline that the story was required to be ready for publication because of what happened behind the scenes.

Longtime fans and new fans can blame the lawsuit for these sudden changes and alteration of plans in the story arc.  Some can blame the interference of Sega and Capcom was sticking their nose in at the wrong time in ordering the crossover to take place during the planned schedule time that Ian was hoping to wrap up his current story arc.  And again some fans can blame Ian Flynn himself.  Once again though, with all due respect to Ian Flynn, I believe as a longtime fan myself, someone who is read the comic from the very beginning and started to officially subscribed to it since issue 72 which should be about 180 issues ago this month, I believe that he had everything set and ready to go as planned, but the downfall was the fact that he didn't plan out a backup plan in case anything would happen behind the scenes.  Thus the reason why some fans are confused and if not more upset at the fact that Ian Flynn took them on a two-year ride with no final destination insight.   

However in reality, a change of plans is not uncommon.  A couple of weeks ago, my second older sister and her husband were supposed to fly out of Las Vegas and come here to pick up the sons on the 18th of this month, but because mother nature decided to rain down on their plans, they had to wait an extra day and then fly out finally and get their kids.  Another example would be myself during that same situation, for you see I had planned to wake my nine-year-old nephew up to get him ready for school when his dad's father would pick him up and take him there, and while he would be gone, I would relax, do some vids for my YouTube channel, and possibly watch some movies as well as see what was going on on the Internet.  But because of the fact that my second older sister and her husband had to wait an extra day, their sons were here and thus that had altered my plans.  So again a change of plans is not uncommon in life.  One more example would be the fact, that my oldest sister was going to take my now 21-year-old niece to see American storm in Las Vegas, but because of the fact that they were on tour, a change of plans and destination had to be made, thus they decided to do the traditional Chippendale's instead.  And once again this shows that even though we plan out something and hope to achieve it and see it happen as we plan it out, sometimes plans will be altered and changed and if a destination is in mind within those plans, that it too can be altered and changed.  And that is exactly what happened with Ian Flynn's story arc.

Now one could argue, that even if that is the case, why was there no conclusion?  Because Ian's orginal plans for the story arc were altered and changed because he did not have a backup plan just in case certain things happened behind the scenes that would be beyond his control.

But I will say this, Ian and Paul do owe a straight forward, truthful explanation as to what the point was to the story arc of the past 2 1/2 years.  I will say that they do owe the entire fan base, the readers/subscribers an explanation.

And that is my take on this whole situation that's been talked about for the past week and more recently for the past 24 to 48 hours.

11:35 AM, Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I for one have stayed with Mega Man after this. Not knowing anything about the series, getting an odd issue whenever I got the chance just 'cos Ian writes it and I was curious. Officially started subscribing to it once I heard about the crossover, still not really caring all that much about the series in general. One crossover later, and I've already checked out the first two games on Nintendo eShop and I'm sticking with the comic to check out the Ra Moon arc.

• Thumbs Up 5

I guess me playing a demo of Mega Man 9 didn't help. I really do not enjoy the gameplay enough to stay for the ride. 

Except that in order for the joke to work, Wally would need to be Naugus's real name, which it isn't.

It's like if, say, Spider Man mocked the Green Goblin by calling him by his real name and saying "Johnny" instead of "Normy". It doesn't make sense and the joke fails.

Unless Nicole meant to call him a wally and we're putting capitals where there are none.

Then the joke failed to work or the writing was poor, that's all.

I guess me playing a demo of Mega Man 9 didn't help. I really do not enjoy the gameplay enough to stay for the ride.
Yeah mega man 9 is I don't to say bad but the game is not a good game you should play if you want to get into the series

Everyone knows Mega Man 7 is the best game, amiritegais?

That's strange, cause Mega Man 2 get's more praise and worship than just about any game in the Classic Series.

Everyone knows Mega Man 7 is the best game, amiritegais?

But of course!

That's strange, cause Mega Man 2 get's more praise and worship than just about any game in the Classic Series.

Twas in jest, I'm sure. If not, well...people have different tastes I suppose. Nothin' wrong with that.

Really, though, the best ones to start you off in Mega Man would probably be Mega Man 2 and 6. 2 Is pretty dang easy on Normal setting, and 6 has two awesome upgrades that really make the game fun.

Edited by Potada

Anyway thoughts of the fact that Ian's planned story arc was drastically changed?

Parts of their interviews and upcoming releases previews seem to make it sound like the new universe is here to stay. But then you have parts of the comic itself that almost make it sound like they are going to have a group of characters that does remember the old universe and sound like they are trying to work out what's going on and fix it....it is a bit confusing.

Change it or don't. The underlying hook of some characters remembering the old universe and Sonic being able to pass that abiliy on, while vaguely interesting does clusterfu*k things up quite a bit.

They have said its a long time coming etc, but is this really gunna stay or is it an arc that has an alternate universe to bring in character redesigns. Which upon the arcs conclusion will have the correct universe restored but with the new designs being kept for the "prime" characters due to the all the messing with the fabric of space/time whatever.

As has been said, Zonic needs to get his ass in gear and sort this mess out. Isn't he spose to be watching out for stuff like this?!

Edited by Tenko
  • Thumbs Up 2