Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yeah, because damn, they lose the rights to plotlines?

It's more than that.

The only reason this wasn’t nipped in the bud straight away is that Archie funbled their end of the contracts. If they end up losing this case, and he goes after SEGA, they’ll probably yank the license from them outright

It's more than that.

Archie... being discontinued? This is rapidly reaching apocalyptic proportions.

I mean, with how viable the comic is, I really hope SEGA would just immediately turn over the license to another company... it'd be a waste to just let that source of revenue die out. Never mind after Sonic the Comic's fall, Archie is all we've got.

To think this all could have been avoided if Penders wasn't such a self-entitled ass and thought that you have absolute rights to recolors. Geoffrey or Elias, okay, I can see that, but the echidnas? Seriously, fuck this guy.

And to think only a year or two ago, Ian Flynn was standing up for Penders on his own forum... I wonder how much Ian idolises him now.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

It could have all been avoided if Archie has made him sign sort of contract and kept it secure. They're far from blame-free.

It could have all been avoided if Archie has made him sign sort of contract and kept it secure. They're far from blame-free.

Yeah, that is a pretty bad gray area to leave open for abuse in later years. I'm guessing they just assumed Penders was mature and professional enough to not try and lay claim to a bunch of recolors from a children's comic book.

Surpriiiiise, they were wrong!

At least Fleetway had the right idea in that its property rights were pretty clearly delineated; Nigel Kitching explicitly owns every character he created for the comic book. Goes to show how it's important to set the boundaries for ownership.

Was talking about Operation Deadly Cuddles actually.

Oh. Well in that case, I don't know what that is and something tells me I might have nightmares if I find out.

Oh. Well in that case, I don't know what that is and something tells me I might have nightmares if I find out.

Oh, it's only Vagina-Faced Tails Doll.

You know, for some reason I'm seeing this horrific design somehow outdoing the displeased Shadow meme.

Kind of weird Tails Doll could transform into... that. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting that, but it fits with the idea he's supposed to be Nightmare Fuel for half the fandom. Now, just for a Sonic.exe to make an appearance. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who thinks its incredibly clichè to have the Tails Doll as some nightmarish creature? I mean come on...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well it's what Tails Doll is mostly interpreted as in the fandom, might as well give the people what they want.

Edited by Soniman

dkjfhbaskjhfkajshdfjkasdfaksdfasdkWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YOU SILLY BUGGER YOU

HOW DO YOU

WHYYYYY

EDIT:

Don't we already have a Shadowman?

One of the solicits appears to show they'll even team up, so it's completely on purpose. Edited by Captain Harlock

webfglgefskjdcbdlgnvwlehalcmdkjkawmciwealjweytuerialefgal

So jealous right now. You've certainly had a lucky week, CC14.smile.png

Looks likes there's a Tails Man there too. He'll probably be the first to be saved.

Edited by DarkLight

How the fuck do you always get these so early? Im so jelly.

He's a subscriber. They always get issues early.

I put forward the notion that we need to pit Robot-Sentai Tails Man against Vagina-Faced Tails Doll and see who wins.

• Thumbs Up 1

Crossover spoilin' time!

The issue opens in the Green Hill Zone, where Sonic and Mega Man are clashing, all the while exchanging trash talk. However, unbeknownst to them, they're being monitored by a familiar-looking two-tailed robot who is broadcasting the fight to Doctors Eggman and Wily, who are celebrating their new partnership and cheering each others' foe on. They pour each other a glass of champagne and congratulate themselves on a nearly complete mission while looking at a screen showing that they currently have five out of seven Chaos Emeralds. Flash back to several weeks ago at Wily's secret base in the Lanfront Ruins where he's trying to get Ra Moon to make him a Met with a rice cooker function, Flash Man reports in and says that he found something strange while on patrol in the jungle. Sure enough, it's a Chaos Emerald! (Specifically, the one that Eggy lost after his first Genesis disaster.) Ra Moon senses that it contains vast power and offers to process it for the Doctor, but Wily isn't having any of it and decides to use one of his devices to analyze it himself. However, the monitor his device is attached to suddenly flashes a blinding light, catching him by surprise. Elsewhere, on board the Death Egg, Eggman orders Orbot and Cubot to send out a holographic signal to his forces throughout the empire so he can berate them on his recent failures. The two heed his order and he starts his ranting only to have it interrupted by Wily unknowingly tapping into the same signal from his chaos-powered monitor. Eggman asks who he is and how he has the gall to pirate his private signal and Wily introduces himself as the greatest robotics genius on Earth. Eggy, of course, starts to claim that HE'S the greatest robotics genius, but then pauses when he realizes that Wily said "Earth." He asks Wily what year it is where he's from and he states that it's 20XX. Eggy then sees an opportunity and introduces himself as the greatest genius on HIS world. Wily questions how he can be from another world when he doesn't look like a space alien and Eggman explains the concept of alternate realities and parallel universes to him. Wily finds the idea fascinating and asks if Eggy knows anything about bringing order and a better way of thinking to his own world with his machines. Eggman tells him that he understands that VERY well and asks Wily if there's some young upstart who always gets in his way. Wily gives a big affirmative on that and the two realize just how much alike they are. Eggman then proposes that they meet face to face. Later, the two Doctors make their first meeting in a freshly created Zone that Eggman instructed Wily how to build using energy from the Chaos Emerald. The two shake hands and the two compliment each other on their craftmanship of this dimension. Wily proposes that they call it the "Skull Secret Zone," but Eggman has another name in mind, the "Egg Pocket Zone." The two argue over the name for a bit and eventually come to a compromise with the "Skull Egg Zone." The two then decide to use the privacy and time-bending properties of their new Zone (Hours amount to only seconds in their home dimensions) to construct a new ultimate weapon to dominate both of their worlds. With the EggSWATs and Robot Masters constructing it, Eggman handling the primary design, and Wily programming the internal defenses, the weapon (Resembling a fusion of the Death Egg and the various Wily Fortresses) is quickly finished. They're about to christen their new battleship with a champagne bottle, but they once again disagree about the name. (Eggy wants to call it "Death Egg III" while Wily's suggestion is the "Wily Flying Fortress.") The two then decide to play rock-paper-scissors to decide it, only to result in six different ties. Tired of mulling over it, they decide on the "Wily Egg" and christen it. Later, on board said Wily Egg, the Doctors rig up the Genesis device and move on to phase 2 of their plan: rewriting both realities and rearranging history to their benefit. Though they can't completely erase any living beings, they can make it so everyone in both worlds won't remember anything about their previous reality and will only remember the world always being the way that it's changed. (Save for themselves, of course.) Wily hits the reset button and there's a huge flash. After recovering from their temporary blindness, the two remember everything from the previous reality as well as everything that they changed. Wily proposes using the space-time advantage of the Skull Egg Zone to resurrect ALL of his Robot Masters, but Eggy says that he has an even BETTER idea. Cut to Sonic's (new) world, Tails is in his workshop packing supplies into a backpack when he sees Sonic's shadow pass by one of his windows. He opens the door to greet his friend and say that he's almost done packing, when he's met with a horrible surprise: Bass and Metal Sonic! Bass knocks him out and he wakes up later inside of a tube within the Wily Egg being monitored by both Doctors. "Hmm...and you say it can FLY with those tails?" "Indubitably." "Fascinating." Tails realizes that he got captured by Eggman and Eggy tells him that he's about to become a part of an experiment. Tails asks what kind of experiment and Wily reveals that they've been having a hard time sending something from one world to another without a native specimen to accompany it. (That's why Metal Sonic was with Bass.) Eggman then says that they came up with a brilliant idea to combine the robotics of Wily's world with the roboticization process of his own. Tails is completely lost by everything they're saying and Wily just gives him the short version: "We're turning you into a Robot Master to do our bidding." The two activate the machine attached to the tube and Tails is quickly mechanized into the first Roboticized Master. The two bask in their success and Wily even gives their newest "creation" the name "Tails Man." The two then reveal that their motive for creating a being that can travel freely between both worlds is so they can gather the Chaos Emeralds scattered by the Genesis wave. Wily notes that Tails Man doesn't appear to have much of a personality and Eggman says that it's "all part of the process. You get less sass from your minions that way." "I...suppose. It's not really MINE, anyway." Wily proposes capturing more of Sonic's friends to create an army of Roboticized Masters and make recovering the Chaos Emeralds easier and Eggman gleefully agrees. The two send Metal and Bass to capture more targets and put Tails Man to work. Later, in Mega City, Proto Man stands on a building looking at the city when suddenly, he hears a cry for help. He jumps into action and comes across some police cars who reveal that there's an attack going on at the national bank by some heavily-armed intruders. He makes his way to the bank and shields himself from the vault door that's tossed aside by said intruders. The intruders inch closer to their target, another Chaos Emerald, when they're taken by surprise by Proto Man's familiar tune and he confronts them. He's shocked that the intruders aren't humans in gear or even regular robots and demands to know who or what they are. The four intruders are revealed to be Tails Man, Knuckles Man, Shadow Man (Non-ninja edition), and Rose Woman, the newly formed Roboticized Masters. "We are the Roboticized Masters. We are your destruction!" The issue ends. There's also a hilarious Short Circuit strip that pokes fun at typical crossover conventions.

Also, a few more peeks:

HNI_0081-3_zps6a440f57.jpgHNI_0082-3_zps147391db.jpgHNI_0085-2_zpsa23ac1e2.jpg

Enjoy! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Still wonder how Bass will fit into all of this, considering he's never had his debut yet, hell Protoman's identify is still unknown to Mega Man at this point in the story, they really should have gone and finished the Mega Man 3 adaptation before moving on to this

Edited by Soniman

Well what's left in the 3 adaption?

They've only pretty much covered Protoman's backstory and just donned his alias known as Breakman, so Mega Man doesn't know who he is yet.

Edited by Soniman

I'm thinking of holding off for the graphic novel reprints, since they usually contain all the varient cover art and it would be easier to get three books than 12 comics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still wonder how Bass will fit into all of this, considering he's never had his debut yet, hell Protoman's identify is still unknown to Mega Man at this point in the story, they really should have gone and finished the Mega Man 3 adaptation before moving on to this

Didn't you read the stuff about the doctors changing the histories of their worlds?