Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh yeah thats great, get rid of the two main characters that have been the leading force behind this entire story arc thus far. That won't make it go to shit at all.

They've not been gotten rid of, they're just not seen and are referred to as "The true king" and "The apprentice" respectively.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Oh my fucking god. Are you serious? Is there anything from this story arc that isn't going to be Butchered. Jesus Christ, at this point I just want it to end.

Oh my fucking god. Are you serious? Is there anything from this story arc that isn't going to be Butchered. Jesus Christ, at this point I just want it to end.

Me to, it became a fucking trianwreck due to Ken's tampering. 

I just want the Sonic x Mega Man crossover to start already so I can have some fanservicy fun for a few months and so Ian will have time to plan and write around Ken's bullshit for when the main story continues again.

Edited by Soniman

Makes you wonder how much of Archie is going to remain. At this point, Im almost thinking Sally isn't going to make it out unscathed. And I dislike Sally.

We've known this for months. People kept saying ti would only affect the Echidnas, and forgot the whole shebang started with Hershey. Everything, EVERYTHING, Penders is gone. Expect that.

EDIT: On the other hand, please don't fall in the other fucking extreme and go to alarmist points. We know Sally's gonna be redesigned, Ian has confirmed the crossover won't reboot the comic, and Penders' material ISN'T essential to the comic- we just happened to be focusing on it when the court case happened.

Edited by Captain Harlock

Makes you wonder how much of Archie is going to remain. At this point, Im almost thinking Sally isn't going to make it out unscathed. And I dislike Sally.

Seeing as how Sally and all of the Freedom Fighters are Ben Hurst's creations and not Penders, I doubt it.

I'm usually deathly opposed to the idea of a reboot, but this has gotten so stupid I almost support it now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Check here, Ragna. This site is very incomplete, but the Penders page at least is accurate, I think.

EDIT: Guys, there's no need for a reboot. The comic has two main problems- echidnas, and the King Elias plotline. Echidnas are no longer a problem- for better and for worse, it's dealt with. Have Knuckles move on, and it'll be contrived and stupid but clean the slate.

I expect the King Elias plotline to be solved with the same finesse (cave-in, rocks fall on everyone, the end, or on the other hand, Sally returns, and Elias go back to be a lumberjack), but once that potentially painful story is done with, the comic's good to go. It still has all SatAM elements to use, all game elements to use, and all elements of the comic itself that weren't created by Penders, AND everything they feel like creating further on. It'll make it through fine.

Edited by Captain Harlock

Thing is though, I actually really liked Elias as a character and having his entire story arc erased (including the Sonic Universe one) is really fucking stupid and unfair.

Oh, I'll agree with that, completely. I liked Penders' material- just not Penders' use of it.

Man, even now, Ken Penders is still dragging the book's quality down into the mud. It's a crying shame, really... 

• Thumbs Up 2

My problem is that Ken's characters and narrative were so ingrained into the plot that outright removing them makes for a damn stupid story.

On plus side we might not have to see the council anymore so there's that

I just realized that Nagus is a Satam character that's currently inside Geoffrey a Ken character.

So yeah....wonder how they're going to make that plot point resolve.

I don't mind that the Echidnas are gone but it kinda sucks if Elias is gone considering the current plot kinda revolved around him. He's not a character you can get rid of without anyone noticing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Like it was said, Sally's gonna come back and take the throne and Elias will slowly become a memory

I just realized that Nagus is a Satam character that's currently inside Geoffrey a Ken character.

So yeah....wonder how they're going to make that plot point resolve.

Most common theory I've seen around is simply that Naugus will mutate Geoff's body by his sheer presence. I even drew something in 10 mins based on that idea.

It's honestly the cleanest way to solve it.

So, my copy of Sonic Universe #50 arrived today. 

I've not read it yet, but isn't the foil cover supposed to be comic-shop exclusive? Mine has a foil cover.

I've not read it yet, but isn't the foil cover supposed to be comic-shop exclusive? Mine has a foil cover.

I don't think so, then again my copy is a foil cover and I got it from a comic shop.

I got mine via subscription and I honestly can't tell if it's the foil version or not. Mine does have all of the logos with a shiny look to them, though. If that's how much 'foil' there is it's a bit underwhelming. 

Also on that note, Sonic Universe #50 was pretty fantastic. I know Ian wanted to give Metal Sonic a bit more character than "Loyal Minion" as he's played off here, but now that he is treated as more of a character rather than mid-boss fodder, not to mention an actual threat again, more than made up for it. 

Shard is still one of the best characters, and that's saying something considering the number of appearances he's had. 

Ouch man. They pretty heavily implied Shard just died there... if his body is destroyed, that's fine, he can survive that. But they zoom in to show that his gem is cracked; that's his heart, his brain, his soul all in one. If it's cracked, he's not going to last long. They made it look almost as if Shard and NICOLE might strike up a romance of sorts, being counterparts of Sonic and Sally it somewhat makes sense... and then they just did this? Ouch Ian, ouch.

Kudos on how powerful it makes the moment, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never really got my hands on Sonic Universe #50 for various reasons of Archie Comics messing up my order. TWICE. But, at least I got 2 issues of the main series and issue 2 of the Super Digest for free out of them as an apology. Still, I'm looking forward to the Worlds Collide story. I might as well pick up SU #50 at my local comic store. As for Shard, from what I've heard, he's not in good condition. I guess we'll have to wait until after the crossover to find out what happened to him, and Sally of course. Although, I must admit, I do like how dark the comics have been lately. It's nice to see Eggman winning. But they better not kill off too many characters.

I never really got my hands on Sonic Universe #50 for various reasons of Archie Comics messing up my order. TWICE. But, at least I got 2 issues of the main series and issue 2 of the Super Digest for free out of them as an apology.

Lucky. They've been failing to mail me my issues--consistently--for the past five months, and I haven't gotten a thing out of them aside from late-arriving issues and monthly apologies.

Twenty years I've been subscribed to Archie comics without a hitch, and now this is happening.

There's one page that annoyed the hell out of me.

Shard's blaster completely wrecked on one page, completely fine the next without clarification. It's just fine within a split second as he says "well my cannon's fixed lol".

WELL -BLOODY- DONE THERE.

Edited by Mogtaki