Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

But, here's what confuses me. Dr. Fintevious first appeared in the "Return to Angel Island" story some time before Ian's run.

So is he Ian's character or not? I don't really know.

But, here's what confuses me. Dr. Fintevious first appeared in the "Return to Angel Island" story some time before Ian's run.

So is he Ian's character or not? I don't really know.

Return to Angel Island was Bollers', so the character was created by Bollers (with design by Jon Gray).

The only thing Finitevus could be hot under the collar for would be the fact that he was linked back to a nameless Echidna who wore the Syphon Suit in the failed attempt to subdue Knuckles, since that was a Penders story. If they never refer to Finitevus' origin again, that could easily step over this malarkey. 

Has the Sonic Mega Man crossover issues hit stores yet? I'm debating running out today to at least get the first issue. 

I don't think so. Subscribers have got it, but it might be a few more days before Mega Man #24 (aka Worlds Collide part 1) actually hits comic shelves. 

Edit: Looking it up, the projected comic store date is April 10th. 

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 2

I hope Finitevus returns in a later comic, since he's the only surviving echidna now together with Knuckles. I know I said this a couple of pages back, but it would be interesting to see how both echidnas get along now. Could be something like Knuckles and Dr Zachary in StC.

Has the Sonic Mega Man crossover issues hit stores yet? I'm debating running out today to at least get the first issue. 

I thought you were going to wait for the graphic novel.

Well, this is a special occasion, so the first issue is more special than the others.

Yep bro, your favorite word. looks like someone has been watching you. tongue.png

Nah, probably not. "Meh" is a pretty common word to use nowadays for teens. In addition, SSMB seems to be one of the few major Sonic forums Ian doesn't really look at, which is odd considering he's got an account on the SEGA Forums (and has spoken through it on a few occasions) and even got interviewed on 4chan. This even with SSMB being linked to directly by other members on Bumbleking from time to time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I at least want first issue, if I can get the cover I want. From there on out I'll probably hold out on the graphic novel. My comic shop does stock the Sonic/Mega Man stuff, but they rarely have many in, and often don't have an option for varient covers. I guess I could have them hold the issues for me, but again I don't want them holding issues with varient covers that I don't like. :P

I'll probably hold out for the graphic novels as well, since I don't really follow Archie Sonic anymore normally. 

Actually, thinking about it, that might be why he doesn't go on SSMB that much; the userbase for Archie Sonic in other places is at least a couple of dozen. Here, I could probably count all the dedicated fans on two hands. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

I really want to get Worlds Collide but I am having the same problem as everyone else, my comic store doesn't stock Mega Man. mellow.png

Edited by Crash

Nah, probably not. "Meh" is a pretty common word to use nowadays for teens. In addition, SSMB seems to be one of the few major Sonic forums Ian doesn't really look at, which is odd considering he's got an account on the SEGA Forums (and has spoken through it on a few occasions) and even got interviewed on 4chan. This even with SSMB being linked to directly by other members on Bumbleking from time to time.

Chill man, just jokin'. but he has said he does come here and Retro from time to time and lurk.  Edited by goku262002

The cross over is looking quite good at the moment though not having read the Mega man comics I may be put off if there are notes saying I have to go back and read 4 or 5 issues to understand the story line. However I'm unsure of Ian's timing of the cross-over and how he's currently left things in the Sonic-Verse to do so. It seems almost as if this is a way to a) buy additional time to change story plots and b )use the crossover as an excuse that certain characters will not exist anymore. I believe it's unlikely we'll have decent story lines back into the comic until late 2013 but as long as it gets Penders and his complaints out of the mix then I don't mind.

As for Pender's idea of where he wants to take his 'Lara-su Chronicles'- it probably won't last an issue before Sega come in and claim copyright. Either that or Panders will have to change so many things to avoid being sued that it'll lead it being a completely different idea to the one he's got planned thus meaning that it's unlikely it'll go anywhere. 

Edited by Blackbell
  • Thumbs Up 1

The crossover was planned long before any stuff involving Pendersgate (that's my name for this whole legal mess) started to affect the comic.

The timing of this crossover is just a coincidence rather than a convenince.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yea I was wondering way back in like part 3 of endarded species sonic would not say dark legion. He knew who they were but went 9 ways to friday avoiding saying the name. But knux came out and said Doctor Finns name. Im amazed they are still selling the encloypedia book seeing as the dark legion is listed in it.

It must have taken a lot of work on Archie's part to get both Sega and Capcom to agree to the crossover. There's no way that the crossover was created just to buy Archie some more time to work things out on the Penders legal battle. Anyone who thinks that is a fucking idiot.

Actually, it was Capcom who approached Archie to do the crossover with Sega chiming in. Yes, I know, seems odd it was Capcom of all people, but it's the most I can get from them regarding Mega Man nowadays.

There is this Comic Shop News article that I got a month ago that featured an article with an interview with Flynn and Kamiski.

Here's the quote:

"Capcom brought the idea foward, and Sega was happy to get on board. You couldn't ask for a smoother process."

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually, it was Capcom who approached Archie to do the crossover with Sega chiming in, if anyone could believe.

There is this Comic Shop News article that I got a month ago that featured an article with an interview with Fynn.

Here's the quote:

Capcom actually did something right?

Capcom actually did something right?

To be fair, Capcom of America are just as hurt as the fans over the treatment of MegaMan. They don't make games and don't have the resources or rights to, so instead they're doing all they can to give the fans something while Capcom of Japan gets over its ridiculous bitterness against the franchise.

The MegaMan comic and Worlds Collide I'm assuming were part of Capcom of America's efforts to give MegaMan fans something and keep the franchise alive.

• Thumbs Up 1