Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well since archie is giving away a 4 page preview of Mega Man #24 (which the news can be found at http://www.tssznews.com/2013/04/02/archie-offering-free-worlds-collide-digital-preview/), Best to say that it looks good so far even if it arrives at stores in days time. For those who want to see the previews in full, check the spoilers.

TDSmbUf.pngKQaAJA3.pngtdXnSvp.pngIllCPFQ.png

Man, I wish it was next week already.

Seems so odd and yet so refreshing to see Green Hill not done by Spaz like last time it was shown.

They could've used a better cover than that one.

And no, I'm not referring to the one with Cream on Shadow's bike and Shadow facepalming.

They could've used a better cover than that one.

And no, I'm not referring to the one with Cream on Shadow's bike and Shadow facepalming.

You mean the one which actually has all the characters of the arc on it instead of just the girls which is a misrepresentation of it?

And at this rate, even the recent Chaotix arc will be in a graphic novel by 2015, tops. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I remember the shit storm that arc caused, good times.

What what? Why? Was it the Nega thing? Because otherwise it was just harmless fun iirc.

What what? Why? Was it the Nega thing? Because otherwise it was just harmless fun iirc.

It was mostly on the Sega Forums, but people didn't like the characterization for this arc; particularly for Shadow, & Rouge.

It was mostly on the Sega Forums, but people didn't like the characterization for this arc; particularly for Shadow, & Rouge.

Oh yeah, Rouge was pretty out of it, when she was okay with dooming an entire dimension for her own gain....but Shadow was awesome! I really liked his character there.

I was rather iffy on Rouge myself, but it makes sense since Team Dark are essentially anti-heroes that happen to work for the government and will always put the mission before anything else.

But I did like how Shadow developed a little by letting Blaze keep since she needed the most and throws back to the first issue when he came to her world.

It's not so much Rouge was so antagonistic, it's why she was in the first place. When she partnered with Scourge(as Evil Sonic) she made it clear, killing wasn't her MO despite being a theif, yet for some reason she had no problem damning an entire dimension?

As for Shadow, I didn't really have much problem myself, but it's kinda weird how he would fight Blaze despite knowing how important the Sol emeralds are to her. He got over it, but still...

So, the arc isn't very good? I've never read it but I can't wait for the graphic novel (well I can)!

Edited by Crash

This question might not be relevant to what is currently being discussed, but does anyone know why they stopped putting "The world's most way past cool comic!" above the logo in the comics?

So, the arc isn't very good? I've never read it but I can't wait for the graphic novel (well I can)!

It's okay. It's basically "It's a Mad, Mad World" but with Sonic characters.

Though I do recall a Sonic X issue that had the same premise.

Edited by DarkLight

It was...a thing. Not very memorable despite all the havoc that was going on. 

This question might not be relevant to what is currently being discussed, but does anyone know why they stopped putting "The world's most way past cool comic!" above the logo in the comics?

Most likely because of the outdated saying. Sonic doesn't even touch the phrase "Way past cool" anymore, therefore its just pointless to keep toting that around.

Yet he still hammers in "Let's do it to it" in recent issues, even though that's not nearly as remembered but just as dated.

• Thumbs Up 3

Most likely because of the outdated saying. Sonic doesn't even touch the phrase "Way past cool" anymore, therefore its just pointless to keep toting that around.

Well, it did seem odd since they just stopped. It was there from issue 67 (1998) to issue 235 (2012)

EDIT: Now that I look back, they stopped around issue 118 and then brought it back in issue 150, so I guess it just comes and goes.

Edited by lefteri001

I love when comics have silly little things like that. Fantastic Four is "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine" and Invincible is "The Greatest Super Hero Comic in the Universe".

Yet he still hammers in "Let's do it to it" in recent issues, even though that's not nearly as remembered but just as dated.

Really now? I must've missed it. I know Sonic doesn't spew his old 90s sayings ad nauseum anymore but I think Ian throws 1 in every once in a while for nastalga.

EDIT: Other then that B&W preview for the FCBD issue, has there been any new comic previews as of late for both Sonic and Megaman? if so, can you guys post'em? thanks.

Edited by goku262002

Destructoid has preview pages for #247.

SonicTheHedgehog_247-0-noscale.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_247-2-noscale.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_247-3-noscale.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_247-4-noscale.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_247-7-noscale.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_247-8-noscale.jpg

Also, yes really. 

So combinding this with FCBD's preview we get 10 pages instead of 5 this time around.

Yep bro, your favorite word. looks like someone has been watching you. tongue.png

Cropped it and sent it to ya.

I like how we were debating how often Sonic says "let's do it to it" and there he goes saying it on the flipping splash page, lol.