Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh. Well I wasn't that well-informed on the politics of Capcom between the West and Eastern branches, so my apologies for making a generalization.

I wasn't taking a nitpick at you or anythin don't worry, I appreciate that your post brought it up cause I wasn't actually sure of it myself.

Speaking of the GN's, the Sonic Saga ones cover the later issues, right? So, then, what about the ones that started with the beginning issues? Are they just going to end at a certain point when they catch up to Saga, or will it overlap and continue? I wouldn't think the latter would happen, but I thought I'd just ask.

Speaking of the GN's, the Sonic Saga ones cover the later issues, right? So, then, what about the ones that started with the beginning issues? Are they just going to end at a certain point when they catch up to Saga, or will it overlap and continue? I wouldn't think the latter would happen, but I thought I'd just ask.

The Sonic Saga stuff started with #160 approx. The Sonic Archives have just about reached the Adventure adaptation. I don't think there will be overlap for a good number of years yet, so it's not worth thinking about at the moment. Plus #80 onwards is going to be a real shitstorm for Archie if they have lost the rights to reprint to Penders. That'll put a dent in the Sonic Universe graphic novels too since the next one, Shattered Mirror, has Lara-Su as a primary focus, and it'll put the kabosh on the Knuckles Archives period.

And I went way off the question you asked.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I never even thought about the Knuckles Archives. I still need to buy them but it's Penders' work so I'm in no rush.

Edited by Crash

I just buy them for completionist sake, who knows, maybe it's a fantastic piece of literature and I just don't know it.

I bought Knuckles Archive #3 purely for that cover. It turned out to have the story where Charmy's friend overdosed on LSD.

I bought Knuckles Archive #3 purely for that cover. It turned out to have the story where Charmy's friend overdosed on LSD.

That's the first one I bought, and yeah that Knuckles Chaotix inspired artwork is pretty sweet. It's the only one I own to, forgive me for being out of the loop but are any of the future volumes going to be released anytime soon? What with the whole Penders thing.

That's the first one I bought, and yeah that Knuckles Chaotix inspired artwork is pretty sweet. It's the only one I own to, forgive me for being out of the loop but are any of the future volumes going to be released anytime soon? What with the whole Penders thing.

We haven't had any news on it, but then there's always been a big stopgap between each volume so it's not even due to be announced yet.

There was a bit of a fuss however when it was rumoured that shipments of KA#3 were delayed, although people ended up with the issue just fine so I don't know if that was a real thing or much ado about nothing. 

...Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. 

Mainly because the event is so boring. 

I personally liked #247. First of all, there are some returning parts in the comic like ''Let's do it to it'' and the name logo for the speech bubble which they used in the comic's years ago. The battle lasted for a few panels but still worth looking at. But my personal favorite was Sonic-Grams. Why? The only letter they added was mine. So I can't wait to grab the first 2 parts of sonic & mega man: worlds collide soon.

Edited by kimplix

I thought #247 was pretty bad. There was too much focus on too many different things and it felt really cramped. We have Team Fighters and the Arctic Freedom Fighters doing who knows what before Silver intervenes with boring, obvious traitor talk, Team Freedom doing jack, Mecha Sally, Tails Doll going into action, Cream's detective work, Akhult's forces, Eggman setting up the Genesis Wave... All of this could have gotten a bit more focus, but instead we are just plowing right through them at a break neak pace. It was mostly disappointing. . And besides the "Big Giant Spoiler" that went around beforehand, nothing else new happened that we didn't already know. 

Mega Man #24 was pretty good though. Eggman and Wily's new found 'evil' friendship is one of the best things. 

so does 247 round off the story of mecha sally or does it go into the crossover event with her.

so does 247 round off the story of mecha sally or does it go into the crossover event with her.

Nope, #247 was only part 1 of 2, with the second part being #252.

Nope, #247 was only part 1 of 2, with the second part being #252.

Blimey, that's a long wait!

You know, this makes me wonder. If Sumo Entertainment does ever make that fighting game, could this possibly have laid the ground for Mega Man coming on as a third party character?

Well. Provided Capcom Japan ever gets over its hatred for the franchise. Only with intellectual property can morons be so self-hating and be in charge. "People love this franchise, let's not make any games for it!" Just genius. But I digress.

But my personal favorite was Sonic-Grams. Why? The only letter they added was mine.

Congratulations. It's always satisfying when the official sources respond to you in some way or another; I once got into a debate with Ian Flynn over the Silver saga's backstory on his forum myself!

I look forward to seeing this issue. It's penciled by Evan Stanley, and since I'm friends with her boyfriend naturally I always look forward to her work.

Blimey, that's a long wait!

We've waited quite a few months for news of the next Sonic game and have managed to survive. At least here we know exactly what to expect. I think we can make it through.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got Universe 49 and 50 today along with 247 I also got Mega Man 23 and I am so hyped for the crossover now!

I personally liked #247. First of all, there are some returning parts in the comic like ''Let's do it to it'' and the logo for the speech bubble which they used in the comic's years ago. The battle lasted for a few panels but still worth looking at. But my personal favorite was Sonic-Grams. Why? The only letter they added was mine. So I can't wait to grab the first 2 parts of sonic & mega man: worlds collide soon.

You liked Endangered Species? That's the first time I've heard that, well good for you for having a different opinion or something like that.

I got Universe 49 and 50 today along with 247 I also got Mega Man 23 and I am so hyped for the crossover now!

You liked Endangered Species? That's the first time I've heard that, well good for you for having a different opinion or something like that

I like every issue they release but 247 is my personal favorite of all time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like every issue they release but 247 is my personal favorite of all time.

Because you're in it. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Spotted this on Facebook.

67195_469678856437680_1648964636_n.jpg

It's just the first part of Genesis Saga, only it's in German for... people who can speak German I guess.

Seen that. Part 2 has the Sonic 3 homage cover representing parts 3 and 4 of Genesis.

...Which means the vast majority of buyers won't have the faintest clue who that's supposed to be in the bush. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

I have it. It's parts 1 and 2. Translation isn't quite as good as the 4 Universe releases. Some Badnik and Zone names were translated, which was odd.

Vedj-F: Not sure what you mean. Sally was in the Universe arcs and the first two Genesis issues.. Unless you mean people won't get the reference to Sonic 3 due to the different boxart here?

Edited by MarcelloF

I love how it says: "The fastest comic magazine in the world!" I believe that's what the Sonic Super Special magazine was supposed to have too according to the original sketches of the covers.

EDIT:Apparently, it was supposed to be "The World's Coolest Comic Magazine!"SSSM1.jpg

Edited by lefteri001