Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Bit dissapointed that it revealed nothing new. Could've at least shown something near the end instead of doing the "We got othe stuff you can buy from us!" sthick.

Hahaha. Gee! Where does that sound familiar? 

Oh yeah. "PLUGPLUGPLUGPLUGPLUG!" That's used so often in Sonic-Grams it's pretty much a punchline now.

I'm surprised nobody's brought this up, but we've got the official cover for Sonic Legacy Volume 3:

51bgGEDesEL.jpg

And a release date for December 10, 2013   Source: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-Legacy-Vol-3/dp/1936975750/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364659762&sr=8-1&keywords=sonic+legacy+3

When I look at that cover, am I the only one that is reminded of how Sonic looked in the Sonic CD opening/ending and in the OVA?

Considering the background being Stardust Speedway and the presence of Metal Sonic I think that's what they were going for :3 it looks really awesome!

This has been known about fir a while now. It's actually one of the big indicators of the Penders cases since Geoffrey was originally on there too. 

Because apparently all roads lead to legal bullshit. 

If anything, Chronicles seems like an excuse.  Penders seems desperate enough that he would have started up a ruckus regardless.

I think I've been quoted already, but it seems this has only escalated this far because of various failings on ACP's part.  If Penders actually gets that dismissal because what basically amounts to ACP bumbling around, it doesn't bode well for them.  It's already been said that this case has soured their relationship with SEGA, and as much as I like them, it sounds more and more like it's rightfully deserved.  This really shouldn't have even been a contest.

However, I think it just may be safe to say that those characters are gone for good. It seems in order to use them, not only would ACP have to pay Penders royalties, but they'd have to acknowledge that he, evidently has a copyright on them.  I would be shocked, stunned, and amazed if SEGA would ever allow such ridiculousness.  Every issue plainly states that SEGA owns all the characters and whatnot.

In fact, I'm pretty certain that if Penders somehow comes off victorious, he's going to end up face to face with SEGA, as his stuff is undeniably rooted in Sonic lore and design.  He'd have to alter his stuff to the point of it being unrecognizable, at which point he might as well just make new characters.  Like, the dude is literally trying to profit off of fanfiction.  He may have lucked out that ACP is surprisingly incompetent, but I don't think lightining's gonna strike the same place twice.

Edited by Kyoryu Aqua

The cover is nice. However, the release is ages (SEGA)   away. Then again, I still haven't got the first two so there you go.

I'm really digging the CD/OVA look they went for, and I'm glad they managed to pull it off.

Also Mecha Sonic. Mecha Madness always hits me emotionally; I loved that arc so, so much, because it was willing to actually break the trend that Sonic's invincible and can't be beaten. Really needs to be used more.

Surreal to see old Robotnik, most definitely, but at least now the newer readers will know of his glory.

Since Sally is the traitor, I really hope there's no twist later on that says she isn't and it was indeed one of his previous suspects. Since his debut, Silver's whole goal was to save his future by finding this traitor. Yeah, the revelation may have not been suprising, but I don't consider that a good reason for delaying the sub-plot and making Silver's role even more redundant.

I personally want to see him move on from this and see what he'll do once he's accomplished his mission already.

Looks like Ken Penders still plans on releasing his echidna fanfiction.

This is the forum where only discussion of my forthcoming Lara-Su graphic novel will be allowed.

Anything having to do with the court case, my copyrights, whether you think (or not think) the characters are recolored versions of a certain Sega character, etc., in short, anything that doesn't have to do with speculation or discussion of the plot and characters in THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES can be discussed else where on this board.

At this time, all I will say is that a sneak preview to the story itself will be soon forthcoming. The only hint I will give is that finally readers will get to see what happens after the events seen in the MOBIUS: 25 YEARS LATER chapter titled "The Die Is Cast". One other bit of fair play on my part: I do not repudiate anything Ian has done.

And yes, there are new characters added to the mix as well as stuff revealed that was only hinted at along the way.

So let the speculation commence. (And yes, I will respond to questions. I just won't answer that gives the game away with any major plot spoilers just yet.)

Source: http://www.kenpenders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2527

Wow. Ken Penders is such a dick.

Quote from forum:

Oh boy! I can't wait for 50 issues of people sitting and talking about things when they should be out doing stuff!

EDIT: Yes, sitting about things

I love this part.

The only hint I will give is that finally readers will get to see what happens after the events seen in the MOBIUS: 25 YEARS LATER chapter titled "The Die Is Cast".

How is this supposed to continue where his Mobius 25 Years Later story left off when he can't use Knuckles, Sonic, Angel Island, the Chaos Emerald, and most importantly Mobius itself? You can't have a sequel to Mobius 25 Years Later if you can't use Mobius.

Edited by Vampfox
  • Thumbs Up 3

I love this part.

How is this supposed to continue where his Mobius 25 Years Later story left off when he can't use Knuckles, Sonic, Angel Island, the Chaos Emerald, and most importantly Mobius itself? You can't have a sequel to Mobius 25 Years Later if you can't use Mobius.

That's exactly why I said that he's an idiot.

Edited by Crash

He really should have avoided the legal dispute entirely, and this probably would have gone unnoticed apart from the people who'd actually be interested. Now SEGA's sure to curbstomp him for making an ass of himself.

He's... not repudiating anything Ian did? So he's saying he considers the Silver Saga (which is the official continuation of Penders' planned story) canon?

Huh. Well, kudos to him for accepting that, at least. Even if it means he has to effectively rewrite his own planned story lest he contradict that.

He really should have avoided the legal dispute entirely, and this probably would have gone unnoticed apart from the people who'd actually be interested. Now SEGA's sure to curbstomp him for making an ass of himself.

The issue here is Penders wanted to make money off his crap. That's why he needed the rights back.

Maybe he will make a live-action movie version of his Lara-Su Chronicles... complete with cheesy trailer music and computer graphics circa 1998!

I'm surprised nobody's brought this up, but we've got the official cover for Sonic Legacy Volume 3:

51bgGEDesEL.jpg

And a release date for December 10, 2013   Source: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-Legacy-Vol-3/dp/1936975750/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364659762&sr=8-1&keywords=sonic+legacy+3

I like how it appears Sally is falling to her death and none of the characters notice.laugh.png

I love this part.

You write the most annoying comic ever by constantly using "The Guardian", "That Hedgehog" or something, "The Floating Island", "The Gems" or "The Emeralds", and "The World".  

What, you think he knows better?  

• Thumbs Up 1

Controversial statement time, I'm kinda glad they had some horrible things happen to Shard, they were really god-modeing the crap out of him.

And the way this crossover is going they might as well have just written "Wily and Eggman go to Whitecastle".  

Edited by Phos

I would pay money for that...but first they need a White Castle.

The issue here is Penders wanted to make money off his crap. That's why he needed the rights back.

Which shows how idiotic he is in that he can't seem to grasp the vast bulk of his characters are just recolors. He'd be better off just trying to write some story with Geoffrey and Elias, albeit with different backstories or something. At least on that front he could claim he actually owns them since they're nowhere near as blatant recolor territory as the echidna race he gave birth to.

Maybe he will make a live-action movie version of his Lara-Su Chronicles... complete with cheesy trailer music and computer graphics circa 1998!

Dear god no. Dark Enerjak is my favorite villain I don't want him to be ruined.

I like how it appears Sally is falling to her death and none of the characters notice.laugh.png

You know... you're right. Cannot unsee this now. They mustn't have been paying much attention to the juxtaposition when sketching it...

Controversial statement time, I'm kinda glad they had some horrible things happen to Shard, they were really god-modeing the crap out of him.

Maybe so, but does that necessitate making it look as if he died?

Let's hope he found some way to backup his programming elsewhere.. because I'm pretty sure a cracked gem is game over.

So how much longer is this legal mess gonna last?

With how backed up the law system can be, very possibly more than a year or two.

Never mind that even if a decision is reached, it can still be appealed to a higher court. So even if Penders/Archie wins here... they can still try to plead their case to a higher court, which can and very often does lead to a reversal.

This is going to be muddy for a long, long time. Really illustrates why being very strict about such things as character ownership in contracts is a good idea.