Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Maybe I'm being horribly picky here, but if it would have been nice if the character profile artwork were all from the same artist. I think they should have assigned one artist the task with making individual character art for the profile pages (Preferably Spaz as he did the cover). It's quite jarring to look at Spaz's Sonic and then Yardley's Tails, the art styles are so different that it just makes the book feel a bit disjointed.

Will still be picking this up when I see it about though, it's only a minor comment.

Maybe I'm being horribly picky here, but if it would have been nice if the character profile artwork were all from the same artist. I think they should have assigned one artist the task with making individual character art for the profile pages (Preferably Spaz as he did the cover). It's quite jarring to look at Spaz's Sonic and then Yardley's Tails, the art styles are so different that it just makes the book feel a bit disjointed.

Will still be picking this up when I see it about though, it's only a minor comment.

You think that's jarring? Wait until you see how wildly contrasting the art styles can get...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm quite curious as to how and why Archie would incorporate Elise or anything out of 06 outside of being forced to.

Iblis would be right up Silver's alley. He's always gonna need an excuse to save the future.

Also, its only a matter of time before one of the series many megalomanics tries to use Solaris in a time control gambit plot. Perhaps a way for the current cast to explore Silver's messed up world. Elise could be more or less a harmless addition. Just a figure head for random overlander city #23.

Although if they are slipping through time and space cracks, this might be more of a problem for the zone cops.

Nope, nothing at all on Sonic and Tails being roboticised by the Bem. The articles on Eggman and Snively mention the Bem turning them to flesh and blood very, very briefly, but only like in a sentence each for both, and no pictures (then again, since they're still flesh and blood, it's not exactly needed).

Hmm well that's a shame. A little surprising to see Metal Amy get priority over Mecha Tails in terms of page space, even though they both appeared briefly, but I guess relevance is also a factor. Whelp, at the risk of being tacky, it's time to print out my own pic of it and tape it in the book m'self. :P

Lovin the scans!

I somehow get the feeling that Ian is gonna do more justice to what Sonic 06 did than the original writers themselves if he were ever allowed to use it.

They have a lot more tools to work with that could be more colorful. At worst, they screw it up no differently, but considering how they made me like Big and gave more value to Silver, I'd like to believe they'll do fine.

EDIT: While we're on the talks of scans, is there anything about GUN that you can upload? Or was that already uploaded?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: While we're on the talks of scans, is there anything about GUN that you can upload? Or was that already uploaded?

There's a whole separate article on GUN actually. While I can't scan it at the moment, I'll make sure to when I get back from Cannock Chase.

Edit: SU#46 spoiler;

Also it appears Rob O'the Hedge and Mari-An are no shows for the Chaotix arc. Yeah, I'm aware of the cover for SU#47, the cover for that that is previewed in this comic is different and doesn't have Rob.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Is it me, or is Burning Blaze a recoloured trace from a panel in SU #1?

Also, "Ugly Naugus". Who could have had the imagination and creativity to make THAT name?

(Maybe the same guy who thought "hey, let's give Blaze her own enemy, but instead of coming up with something original, let's take Eggman, change his colours and call him Eggman NEGA. Oh, and he'd be like Eggman, but eeeeeeeviler!")

I'd ask for the super form page, but I already requested twice so...

There's a super form page? Seconding the scan request!

There's a whole separate article on GUN actually. While I can't scan it at the moment, I'll make sure to when I get back from Cannock Chase.

Edit: SU#46 spoiler;

Also it appears Rob O'the Hedge and Mari-An are no shows for the Chaotix arc. Yeah, I'm aware of the cover for SU#47, the cover for that that is previewed in this comic is different and doesn't have Rob.

Wolverine status confirmed.

Penders butt buddy BobR continues to make me laugh.

Oh Dear Lord...there are so many fuck-ups in that Encyclopedia about Knuckles and the echidnas I think Ian had to be on drugs when he wrote it -- if he wrote it. Archie pulled a fast one by releasing the Encyclopedia early before the C&D letter was sent out...and there are so many mistakes that just a cursory overview of the Knuckles stories would show up, Ian should be banned from writing anything Sonic ever again.

Enerjak got his powers from the Walkers? That is so far out in foul territory, it's not even in the ballpark anymore!

That Archie would bastardize Knuckles that much just shows how much they truly "respect their creatives." Excuse me while I throw up...

*plink plink plink* I'm-a back!

GUN/Abraham Tower (aka the Commander fro ShtH)

xOyYv.jpg
Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 2

Basically, he's worried that Sega have mandated that Mobius not be used as the name of Sonic's planet in the games. Honestly, it just seems like simple clarity of medium to me.

It's Earth in the games.

It's Mobius in the comics, early Western continuity and the DiC cartoons.

It's Earth even in the comics. It was just referred to as Mobius by the new dominant species.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. That was quite the origin story, "Hey kids! Sonic exists on our world! Juuuuust don't be disappointed that you'll have to wait a million or so years to see him. Or that you'll get killed off by space-squids because of a misunderstanding".

Man, they should've chose a better picture for Abraham Tower than that. From now on, I should call him potato head.