Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Its because both those characters are stylized and still have the Sega look, whereas Danica is drawn in a creepy/realistic manner

I know she's a real world person and all that, but they could've at least drew her a little bit cartoony/anime looking.

She's definately gonna stick out like a fat person in a skinny convention.

-leans far away from Danica picture-

Eugh.

Also, no NiGHTS, really?

GAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Edited by Playboy Billionaire Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

Screw Sega they need to stop using JGR characters in their promotions when they aren't even considering making a new game for that franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bump for a little tidbit.

So, spoilers! I wonder what nuggets of info they have about future iss--

The footnote says the traitor plot ends in Sonic 247.

...What. Why would you do that?

Depends really, Sonic X was a mess of tracing yet nobody got in trouble for that. but then again they were just tracing over official work that was already done by an animation crew hired by SEGA.

It was probably just referenced.

Why wouldn't they? This subplot has been going on for nearly 4 years, about time we get a conclusion.

Jesus its been THAT long since Silver came back from the future the first time around and started that whole traitor mess?! Damn, time flies.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the guy who did a couple Sonic X issues (particularly the Christmas and Valentines's Day ones) pratically copy and pasted images from TeamArtail and when the staff found out, he got fired if I remember correctly.

They're making a HD port of the original, that's more than pretty much every other franchise in the game is getting nowadays!

That's all I could really ask for. The original was golden. JSR:F wasn't bad, but it just didn't have that "crack cocaine in video game form" that the original JSR had for me.

Yeah, the guy who did a couple Sonic X issues (particularly the Christmas and Valentines's Day ones) pratically copy and pasted images from TeamArtail and when the staff found out, he got fired if I remember correctly.

Really? Well good, at least some justice was done.

At the same time I wonder if that applies to an image of a real human.

Lol I'll just answer my own question. I suppose it does. The Photo belongs to someone and nobody at Archie took the photo. So tracing still not allowed.

Edited by Dejablue

SO I guess based on this discussion somebody is gonna get a pink slip and a boot out the door soon. question is, whos art style is that?

Or maybe that image is based off of a real photo because it's just a promo image. (I mean, they have to make Ms. Patrick as recognizable as possible, right?) I think we should wait to see the art in the actual book before wondering about who's going to get fired or not.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

SO I guess based on this discussion somebody is gonna get a pink slip and a boot out the door soon. question is, whos art style is that?

Lol no I'm not even saying that. I do believe the picture is a reference. Which I think is a mistake since she sticks out like 12 sore thumbs. Nobody would get fired over this though.

I figure this may be a sign that this add may not be an accurate representation of what will be in the comic, and I don’t see someone getting fired over it unless the picture turns out to be iconic and makes oodles of cash.

As for the image being just a reference, I find that pretty unlikely.

trace.jpg

Are they going to be tracing her in the entire adaptation? That should get pretty comical.

I doubt that, through I admit it would be a hilarious if they did, it'll be like the Photo-Realistic Koala.

Yardley is likely gonna draw her like how he draws any other human in the comics (which is kinda rare that he even draws humans except for Hope, Regina, G.U.N. commander, etc)

The image is a trace. Traces don't mean insta-firing (god knows I wish they did so Greg Land could be kicked out). Furthermore, that photo of Danica was likely given as promotional material for Archie to use.

Goddamn are you all thinking somebody is going to get fired for this? It's a promo image. SEGA and Danica's PR team probably provided reference photos for Archie. It's not like they're using her without permission and its not like this is a panel from the story.

• Thumbs Up 3