Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I recall that original issue, and how awkward it was to see Sally naked. Doesn't help that she has human proportions...

*shudder*

Even with a curvaceous body, she was still a blank slate of a character. I mean look at the dialogue next to her ass in that rip. She is droning on about how "she never asked to be a princess" bullshit.

Dat ass.

Good thing I have the original then, I suppose. The entire situation surronding this is hillarious though.

So now after years they decided to edit it. *facepalm*

So now after years they decided to edit it. *facepalm*

If you can even call it an "edit." Vest = Not naked, apparently.

If you can even call it an "edit." Vest = Not naked, apparently.

They really shoulda kept it like I read it the first time. -_-" She gets exceptions rolleyes.gif

Well duh it's after years, they haven't re-released it before now!

Even with her vest on, half the time she was still drawn with massive, visible boobs. Steven Butler was a seriously guilty party for this around the 2002-2005 or so. Thank god it's something that the newer artists have basically remedied, and Butler's cut back on it, too.

In fairness, she didn't have her vest in the first half of SatAM either. But then at least there she basically had ordinary Sonic proportions as opposed to epic boobage.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Sonic characters just look strange as fuck with human proportions.

• Thumbs Up 7

In the rumour circuit, a recent topic on Bumbleking showed the OP concerned that the comics weren't referring to Tails' parents as Tails' parents. The official response, if you read said topic, is quite interesting.

Possibly a mandate to counteract the fact that Archie was free to make game cast parents in the past from SEGA? If so, why?

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

In 236 Tails says "You mean my m... She voted for this?!".

Edited by MarcelloF

Someone pointed that out to me in the thread. The fact it was cut short is a smidge suspect, given that it's not supposed to be any secret that Tails is related to her (unlike with Espio being cut short in SU#16, since they were supposed to be speaking as associates and not family).

To me it was that he didn't finish sentence, because he was shocked. Felt natural to me. But I reads through the topic now and Flynn said this:

*dry cough* Can't really talk about that right now.

Wholly unrelated: it never fails to impress me how insightful some fans can be.

So I guess SEGA is budding in? Ugh...

Happy Free Comic book day everyone. Hope the lines weren't too long like at my local store D: (who were only giving away 1 free comic per-person compared to any other store giving away one of each)

In the rumour circuit, a recent topic on Bumbleking showed the OP concerned that the comics weren't referring to Tails' parents as Tails' parents. The official response, if you read said topic, is quite interesting.

It's been a minute since I was actually at Bumbleking, but what the frack is this. They just got teleported from a friggin' space rock a few years back. For what! I wonder if Sega mandates make it easier for Ian to decide who to kill off. I mean how easy would it be between the new monarchy and the bad Council decisions to make it look like the Prowers had it coming.

Hope Ian clears that up. If its more of fucking mandates from SEGA, just god damnit. if they keep doing this to their comic, the people at archie are just going to go with the "fuck it reboot everything" route. it'll please some groups but piss off others. Its an alternate universe SEGA, things arn't going to be 100% canon with the games.

Anyways, Free Comic Book Day, everyone get the comic?

Edited by goku262002

My comic shop got every single issue available except Sonic. Joy. It was a reprint anyway, so it wasn't the biggest loss.

Since i've never even been to it since I recently moved here and it's the only one for miles around too, it also had a lame 2 comic per person rule, and you could get more "if you buy X amount of stuff!," It was definitely the least exciting FCBD experience I had. I wanted to check their back issue bin since they were on sale that day but dear god was it filled to the brim, it was too daunting to find anything.

At least I got Atomic Robo and Mouse Guard out of the deal.

if they keep doing this to their comic, the people at archie are just going to go with the "fuck it reboot everything" route.

To be brutally honest, I think SEGA wouldn't give a shit if that happened as long as they could make it like their gaming properties. You recall that the current legal case has already got SEGA angry at Archie, right? Wouldn't be surprised if that bad blood had a hand in fueling this, if it turns out to be true.

To be brutally honest, I think SEGA wouldn't give a shit if that happened as long as they could make it like their gaming properties. You recall that the current legal case has already got SEGA angry at Archie, right? Wouldn't be surprised if that bad blood had a hand in fueling this, if it turns out to be true.

Whoa whoa, back the truck up here. What current legal case that has already got SEGA angry at Archie? The Pender's case?

Yeah, that's the one. There was a reply here about it, let me find it;

Yeah, that's the one. There was a reply here about it, let me find it;

board.sonicstadium.org/topic/6-archies-sonic-the-hedgehog/page__st__6480#entry438058

It's this one. It's even written in the legal documentation of the case that the relationship has been damaged.

Edit: It also refuses to link properly. :/

Edited by VEDJ-F

236 has the best cover in the series.

Edited by DaGamer14
  • Thumbs Up 1

According to one of the profiles in the Free Comic Book Day 2012 issue, Bunnie is Cream's cousin.

In the Genesis sub-universe yes, in the normal comic universe we don't really know their relation to eachother.

I kinda like this one the most reminds me of Trunks24 art style

01.jpg

Edited by The-Master-Board

In the Genesis sub-universe yes, in the normal comic universe we don't really know their relation to eachother.

They're not related at all in the normal comic universe.