Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I dunno if anyone is remotely interested in this, but Ian has confirmed that Bomb's dialogue will consist of saying 'Ping!'.

I dunno if anyone is remotely interested in this, but Ian has confirmed that Bomb's dialogue will consist of saying 'Ping!'.

As usual I see.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, it makes some sense, considering it's just a walking bomb and all. I wonder how it and Heavy will be handled this time around...

In other very distantly related...random stuff, someone has taken a look at Pender's Julie-Su head on and made some adjustments (outline-wise).

julisuoutline.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Wow....it looks even more like Knuckles in drag.

Don't all of them Echidna females be like dat, bro?

...Don't ever let me do that again.

^

This

Kinda hard to get too creative with Hedgehog and Echidna Characters in general.

However, that sketch is leagues better than Penders stuff, and I'm mainly talking about the pose.

In other very distantly related...random stuff, someone has taken a look at Pender's Julie-Su head on and made some adjustments (outline-wise).

julisuoutline.jpg

O_O........Um, Knuckles is that you O_O

I don't think that Echidna at the end is meant to be Julie-Su, they've just drawn in a head to show how the dreadlocks would flow in a dynamic pose.

You'd think these artists would give the female echidnas Tikal's facial structure, but nooooooo

• Thumbs Up 5

Female Echidna's should have a smaller muzzle and nose, pretty much how Tikal, Shade and Ben Bates's version of Julie-Su look like.

benbates_julie-su.png

Not saying All artist should follow by Sega's and Bates example of making Females more......Female like, but for hedgehog's and Echidna's in particular, everyone struggles with them.

julisuoutline.jpg

The guy who did that red line actually landed a job because of it...so Ken Penders did something right lol.

http://noseshark.deviantart.com/journal/Drawing-Fanart-helped-me-get-an-Internship-NEAT-302559211#comments

• Thumbs Up 2

^

This

Kinda hard to get too creative with Hedgehog and Echidna Characters in general.

But Sonic & Amy as well as Knuckles & Tikal are the same species, and still look more differentiated than these do.

I'm going to side with Aquaslash and say they should have minior differences like smaller muzzles, noses, and hell maybe the spikes; because I notice Tikal didn't have mittens like Knuckles does.

Okay, I am now. Putting Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog. Away.

Too much focus on Archie-exclusive characters, and characters vary from so erratic and inconsistent as to be entirely unpredictable to being generic.

(Even the Sonic games characters are a tad inconsistent and have been mary-sue-ish but they wern't this bad)

Too erratic and inconsistent 'in-universe law' ,like Nicole suddenly becoming sapient right out of the blue, and Nicole /just happening/ to have built a city out of nanites right on que, with no previous indication that anyone other than Robotnik had that sort of technology. The only time I think the games pulled a stunt like this was with Shadow The Hedgehog when all of a sudden Shadow used guns and vehicles and all of a sudden was half-alien.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Then all of a sudden, cover previews (courtesy of Merricks)!

1211806_ful.jpg

1211807_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #240

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Terry Austin & Various (CA) Greg Horn

'Heroes,' Part 2. Dr. Eggman lays siege to New Mobotropolis once again, but this time with no Sonic around! It's up to the brand new Team Freedom to prove their mettle against Dr. Eggman's Metal Series! Plus, what evil lays in wait, and just what in the world is 'Operation: Deadly Cuddles?!' Featuring a stunning, all-new painted cover by Greg Horn!"

1211808_ful.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #43

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jim Amash & Various (CA) Stephen Downer & Various

'Unsung Heroes,' Part 3. It's a race against time as Silver's squad must recover in time to rescue Elias and his squad! With Ixis Naugus's master plan nearing completion, will the Secret Freedom Fighters be able to stop him in time?"

1212084_ful.jpg

SONIC SAGA TP VOL 01 DARKEST STORM

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Patrick Spaz Spaziante & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante"

Ill get the non-photoshoped 240 cover thank-you very much.

Don't waste your time with Darkest Storm BTW.

1211808_ful.jpg

Metal Sonic V3.0... damn. I wonder... will we actually see Dr. Nega soon?

Ill get the non-photoshoped 240 cover thank-you very much.

Don't waste your time with Darkest Storm BTW.

Photoshop? More like MS Paint.

Seriously, the variant cover hits new levels of laziness, well beyond that dude that pencil traced screenshots for the Sonic X comic.

Edited by Yong

Even I could've made that Sega 16 bit variant of the cover and I'm horrible at creating images in paint/photoshop

Holy crud, I'm not one to have pot shots at the comics, I love the stories really. Yet they do another one of those Sega art lookalike covers? The story even says its about team Freedom so why have Amy? She's Team Fighters! 16 bit version? Peh. I'm really loosing respect for the cover artists of the main story.

Universe is fresh at least. No other art work in sight.

Metal Sonic V3.0... damn. I wonder... will we actually see Dr. Nega soon?

Wrong, That's Metal Sonic 2.5, also known as Shard, and Nega will NOT be in the comic for a long while apart from being mentioned until Sega figures out what to do with him.

Ugh, I can't believe they did another one of these "Official Art" covers, but whatever, I'm more interested in the actual inside comic page art.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

That Amy pose, was it ever an official 2D render like how the Generations Sonic was last month? I'm guessing we will get Tails next.

Okay, I am now. Putting Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog. Away.

Too much focus on Archie-exclusive characters, and characters vary from so erratic and inconsistent as to be entirely unpredictable to being generic.

(Even the Sonic games characters are a tad inconsistent and have been mary-sue-ish but they wern't this bad)

Too erratic and inconsistent 'in-universe law' ,like Nicole suddenly becoming sapient right out of the blue, and Nicole /just happening/ to have built a city out of nanites right on que, with no previous indication that anyone other than Robotnik had that sort of technology. The only time I think the games pulled a stunt like this was with Shadow The Hedgehog when all of a sudden Shadow used guns and vehicles and all of a sudden was half-alien.

Yeah, Wtf are you babbling about? clairify.

That Amy pose, was it ever an official 2D render like how the Generations Sonic was last month? I'm guessing we will get Tails next.

It's an artwork on Sonic Channel.

308px-Sonic20thwp-amy.JPG