Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

And thus ends Snivley. Meh, I'm ok with it in fact I love Orbot and Cubot as replacements.Goodbye you weird little henchman...

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, Eggman is channeling his inner Jigsaw.

Right now, I want Eggman to win because he is so fucking awesome.

Also, there is something beautiful about watching Mecha Sally steal babies from doting mothers and scaring people shitless.

Mecha Sally is best Sally.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit that ending has to be a SAW reference O.o that's...kinda creepy. I don't think we've seen the last of Snively though....something's bound to happen to him again. Isn't Sonic going to wonder where he is when he next sees Eggman? would Sonic save him?

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 1

ohmy.png Snively, no!

I'm sure he'll be saved eventuelly, though. I doubt Regina will never notice that her Snivy-kins is fake

Edited by MarcelloF

Hm, so ol' Sneaky Snively has been

put on a bus... eh, with Orbot and Cubot around now, I'm completely okay with this.

Dr. Eggman is just the best in all media, Eggy, stop being so good.

Also, Goodbye Snively, I won't miss you!

Edited by Winston

Damn..... I NEED these issues. Don't know how I feel about the ending, it IS better than what I expected tho. Wow. :o

News from Ken Penders.

I've been getting a lot of e-mails asking what's next after I had stated there's more to come. As it is, I've been sneaking previews of the story of THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES to a select few to see if I've been accomplishing what I set out to do. All I'll say is that I'm encouraged that new readers will not feel left out and longtime readers will see a lot of questions answered.

As for more character designs, they're coming, but the project had to take a back seat while I took care of business on other fronts, such as the forthcoming release of THE REPUBLIC film project I've been working on.

The one new item to look forward to is a sneak peak at the Director's Cut of the very first solo-Knuckles story I wrote and illustrated titled "Fire Drill". This will be the first of several stories I both wrote and illustrated and will be making available to readers available everywhere for free via a specially-designed app. The idea is to help establish the relevant chronology to get readers of THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES up to speed on previous events.

As an added bonus, I'll also be making available the stories I did for the SONIC LIVE! and BRAVE NEW WORLD specials available for free as well. There's some Director's Cut material that never saw the light of day back then that will now when this is released.

The biggest extra will be the release of the unpublished KNUCKLES: TWENTY YEARS LATER material, which set the stage for the MOBIUS: 25 YEARS LATER, which finally sees resolution with THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES. Showing the evolution will allow readers to see how this storyline was always part of the plan.

So stay tuned as new material is definitely on its way.

You know those kind of people who like to think the smell of their shit is like roses?

Just a thought; even if he did technically own the stories, isn't it illegal for him to distribute them like this because he doesn't own the characters?

Just a thought; even if he did technically own the stories, isn't it illegal for him to distribute them like this because he doesn't own the characters?

Yeah I was thinking this too, because doesn't Sega license the characters to Archie and even if Penders is saying they are his stories he doesn't have permission to the Sega characters. I am one confused monkey huh.png

I love how Penders keeps bringing up Knuckles 20 Years Later and Mobius 25 Years Later. Last time I checked no one give a fuck about Mobius 25 Years Later. Most of the fandom hated those stories due to how boring they were and the extremely slow story pace. And most of the fandom certainly doesn't consider Mobius 25 Years Later to be canon.

• Thumbs Up 5

Who the hell would wanna read SONIC LIVE! even if it's free? Honest question.

Well, you could just use it for spare toilet paper... but then again, one could run the risk of catching something real bad behind it...

Got the Sonic Genesis hardcover a few days back, as well as the FCBD issue and #236 a day later.

Genesis hardcover was, well, Genesis hardcover. It's a nice, high-quality print, but it doesn't really merit the asking price. I'd expect to pay around £7-8.99 for something like that (144 pages), not almost double.

Was a little disappointed with the FCBD issue being a reprint with minimal new content as opposed to newly-drawn material (especially since I had just a day prior re-read the same plot in the Genesis hardcover), but eh. It's free I guess, so can't complain. :lol:

Issue #236, I have... mixed feelings on. Issue #235 was pretty much my favourite Archie issue (although that's not saying quite as much as it sounds like, but still); it was relatively powerful, with Silver being the straw that broke the camel's back to come along and accuse Antoine of being the traitor while he's in a coma. This issue... basically has everyone getting back on their feet, which I guess is slightly less interesting. Still, I do like how they're effectively writing a lot of their own characters into the background for a bit (Sally= robot/ Antoine= coma/ Bunnie = AWOL) and are focusing more on the game canon characters.

Still, every time I see Mecha Sally's new design, I wonder 'why?'. I mean, she was pretty much redesigned after one issue. Unless it was planned from the start, that seems a bit disrespectful to Ben Bates' efforts in designing her first model. Also, at least her older design actually kept the Sally colour scheme and resembled her; the new one just looks like a generic robot with a Sally head.

I think Bates designed her armor as well. She had to be weaponized her base form didn't provide any sort of defense Sonic could've easily got her back by now. The other half of the arc would've been done too soon and bwrosas would've been happy (And we don't want this man happy now, do we?).

Besides shes better in this suped up form. Shes an actual threat.

It also stops her from being deroboticized, doesn't it? Since most of her body was replaced.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I finally got myself a copy of issue 236 it was alright, but me still gonna review it. Also managed to get a copy of the free comic book day comic, still trying to decide what made it a 'special edition' though.

As for the SU news.

Considering how Snively has been in both SatAM and the comics since near issue 1... surely this removal of him should have happened in the main comic? Even if it was the mini story at the end of the issue? Even if it's not directly related to the main archie plot (although what exactly that is anymore is anyones guess), when you consider what the event was, it's a pretty big thing.

It wasn't really all that special, all it had was some extra stories of what the other known characters were doing while Genesis was happening.

It also stops her from being deroboticized, doesn't it? Since most of her body was replaced.

I was wondering about this too, but that's not the case.

Since Genesis allowed roboticization again, Ian is inventing new ways to deroboticize too. That way is Naugus.

It's essentially a retcon via new developments. Bunnie upgraded her roboticized parts way back. Which means that crystal magic is actually an all-cure for any kind of roboticization. Before this an upgraded Robian had no way back.

It makes me wonder how this is possible (comic book logic but still). The old deroboticization had the trade at 1-to-1, original parts only. Now magic can change totally unassociated parts into organic ones? So what about Legionnaires?

The Legionnaire question makes me wonder, especially with the DEL the latest SU arc. If Ixis magic reverses Legionization, could Naugus turn the whole war on Eggman's head, neutralizing the DEL or removing their bombs?

And to Hogfather: This goes back man, to me saying that SU can't be treated like a spin-off title, but rather as a second Sonic book. Maybe now that SU is successful for Archie, we can expect arcs to have larger consequences.

Edited by Badnikz