Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1211806_ful.jpg

This Amy has 3 eyelashes on one side and 2 on the other.

ruined4ever.

Where's the quality control guy over at Archie? someone fell asleep at the wheel.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

God damn, both covers for issue 240 look absolutely shitty.

Edited by MarcelloF

Man, those covers are terrible. You might as well just slapped a Sonic game screenshot from any Sonic game on the front cover, it is just that lazy. Heck, that 16-bit one proves how much they didn't give a rat @$$.

So, got Sonic Universe issue 40 today.

That was... pretty twisted, actually. D: Especially how they go from "Yay, happy ending" to "Actually Snively, you're screwed for life". I'll admit, I think the arc was fairly slow for the most part, but it picked up at the end of part 3.

Okay, I am now. Putting Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog. Away.

Too much focus on Archie-exclusive characters, and characters vary from so erratic and inconsistent as to be entirely unpredictable to being generic.

The only place where there is "too much focus" on Archie-exclusives would be the Sonic Universe series, and even that has just as much focus (if not moreso) on the non Archie-exclusive characters.

(Even the Sonic games characters are a tad inconsistent and have been mary-sue-ish but they wern't this bad)

Too erratic and inconsistent 'in-universe law' ,like Nicole suddenly becoming sapient right out of the blue, and Nicole /just happening/ to have built a city out of nanites right on que, with no previous indication that anyone other than Robotnik had that sort of technology. The only time I think the games pulled a stunt like this was with Shadow The Hedgehog when all of a sudden Shadow used guns and vehicles and all of a sudden was half-alien.

Okay, I know it's not the best argument to make, but dude have you even looked up any of previous issues? Or at the very least bothered looking at the Sonic Archie wiki to catch up on all of that which you just said? Because not of that is "out of the blue"; it's been developed and established for quite a while.

It seems that Archie's plan of bringing in the game-fans seems to be backfiring as they expect something else then what we are/they are used to.

I think that particular shot is taken from the British sticker album that got released in June 2010, but it first appeared as part of the Joypolis celebrations in February 2010 as archived here. The closest you'll get to a full stand-alone shot on SC is the colouring page, where it obviously isn't coloured.

Edit: Oh. just checked my sticker album and the background isn't the same as would be in the sticker album. I mustn't be looking for it hard enough on SC, then!

Edited by VEDJ-F

You know, just reread Sonic Universe 40, and realised something...

Mecha Sally has done little more than get her ass absolutely handed to her. Seriously, she's been beaten to near-death twice in as many issues.

Yet the recap/ summary at the start of every issue still calls her 'the most menacing evil the planet Mobius has ever seen'. :lol:

Mecha Sally has done little more than get her ass absolutely handed to her. Seriously, she's been beaten to near-death twice in as many issues.

Yet the recap/ summary at the start of every issue still calls her 'the most menacing evil the planet Mobius has ever seen'. laugh.png

Yeah, but this is Sally we're talking about. Archie writers shill her whether she be hero or villain with totally unfounded reasons.

Edited by Verte

Yet the recap/ summary at the start of every issue still calls her 'the most menacing evil the planet Mobius has ever seen'. laugh.png

Oh trust me, she gets put to good use in StH#237...

...Which issues?

236, and a good few before. I'm talking main series, mind, not Universe, but still. Been almost every issue for the last few months since Genesis?

236, and a good few before. I'm talking main series, mind, not Universe, but still. Been almost every issue for the last few months since Genesis?

Well she's going up against Khan who was mind controlled by the Iron Queen and he practically went all out for the most part. And before that she ran out of energy while Khan was holding back in trying not to destroy her.

Aside from that, her main threat is a psychological one and it's a big one at that. That the very leader of the Freedom Fighters was captured and converted to the enemy side which has definitely destroyed a great deal of morale for the heroes. Kinda hard to fight someone who was one of your closest friends and is on the enemy team with no control of themselves. Were she any other robot, she wouldn't last this long very easily.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Oh trust me, she gets put to good use in StH#237...

Speaking of 237

I didn't think Nicole or Mina would be in the Secret Freedom Fighters.

Got a hold of Sonic Universe #40 and started reading it.

I was listening to Sonic 4: Episode 2's Vs. Eggman theme while reading it.

The combination meshed well enough to blow my mind. Especially when Eggman climbed into his machine. <3

You mean you could actually tolerate the Episode 2 Vs. Eggman theme for the duration of an entire issue? That ear-raping eight-second loop, for a good 5-10 minutes?

Good lord, I commend you, sir. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

I know. Isn't it awesome?

• Thumbs Up 1

You forget that this is mostly a mental battle. Sonic and the others could probably easily destroy her like any other mecha/metal copy, but when she starts pulling shit like this:

su4023.png

It gets harder to fight her. Hate to say this but they need someone like Shadow, he has already proven that he will throw away any sort of emotion he has for somebody in order to complete a mission. Her mind games wouldn't work on him.

Well, if #236 is to go by, Sonic is through pulling his punches for her and isn't going to swayed by the mind game schtick should they eventually fight again.