Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Haha I totally called Sonic having flash back of his fights with Scourge. If he thinking that way already...

Hmmmm.....lets see what happens.

A 15 year old who didn't think of Googling it. >:/

Ah well thats just a case of lacking common sense then. :P

Isn't most of 150 to 200 considered to be the worst part of the comic? Catch up to a comic he doesn't really like by reading a bunch of issues of when it was really bad?

And really, that's the face you're going with for that pep talk?

Pep talk?...what?...

No not really seeing as #185-on it picks up but I believe it was 183 when Ian started his run so yeah most of the enerjak arc was Pender's drivel. Its funny how Ian only got to write for 2 issues of that arc before it ended.

Got 236 in the mail today, it's not half had ("not half good either! do ho ho ho!" just kidding...)

Caught this ad in the back, has this been revealed yet? It's new to me:

GvXES.jpg

It's weird, because Sonic totally looks like a render, Tails Knux and Metal sort of do but Sally totally looks like an airbrushed drawing. Pretty weird. Wonder what they deem the best stories?

Edited by Barry the Nomad

If you guys take the whole thing without interruptions, Eggman is just giving an idiot's version of the Death Egg roboticizer and the rules in play. The footnotes aren't necessary here. Neither is going back and reading those issues.

Also I'm liking Rotor's initiative here, he never seems to do anything. Sonic is being an ass-tard though (in before OOC).

And Barry, I've seen that art before. I heard they aren't renders they're actually done by Spaz with his magic hand.

Edited by Badnikz

... the fuck are you on about, Ian started at 160

Sorry then, its what I was told and I'd never bothered to research it. and now I got to slap the upside of someones' head. excuse me...

Got 236 in the mail today, it's not half had ("not half good either! do ho ho ho!" just kidding...)

*pic*

It's weird, because Sonic totally looks like a render, Tails Knux and Metal sort of do but Sally totally looks like an airbrushed drawing. Pretty weird. Wonder what they deem the best stories?

SPAZ does amazing fake render work doesn't he?! everybody looks like a render 'cept for 'sal there, shes the giveaway actually that its art and not render work. they probably go by fan input on what the best stories are.

Pep talk?...what?...

That was in reference to Amy insane expression while she was de-moping Sonic. Kinda just seemed to me that she yelled at him until he got better.

I got SSSM3 and Sonic Select 5. Oh boy, I can say I was disappointed with SSSM. The Sonic 4 plot? Tiny. To put it in a nutshell "Sonic, beats Death Egg robo, talks to Tails on Little Planet, fly off, hey look its metal." That's it. The rest of the magazine is taken up with 213 and 214 (Which annoys me cause I hate the cat country and wolf pack stuff.) 25 (makes sense with Metal Sonic being a focus point) and 176 (Who knows why they picked this one.) Bit of a shame really.

Sonic Select 5 is okay I guess. I mean, it has my favourite look for Snively in it (Arnold SchwarseSnively) cause it's absolutely ridiculous but still not much of a plot for any of the stories. I guess it was the old days so I'll let it slide. Looking forward to Number 6 though!

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a 2 page preview of the Sonic 4 Episode 2 in SSSM#3

sonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033221376.jpgsonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033216305.jpg

Also, a part of the Mobius Timeline

sonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033217425.jpgsonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033219277.jpg

Edited by Son1ctrainer
  • Thumbs Up 3

GvXES.jpg

Say... which issues are in that collection anyhow?

sonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033221376.jpgsonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033216305.jpg

Also, a part of the Mobius Timeline

sonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033217425.jpgsonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033219277.jpg

They sure have a messed up world just saying

Someone please tell me that the Sonic 4 ep 2 story will be more than five pages? That's all we usually get for game adaptations lately, and it's usually ridiculous. They usually end up just being a loosely-interpreted version of the intro cutscene followed by 'LOL BUY THE GAME'.

Got Universe 39 a couple of days back, I think the arc's actually starting to pick up a little bit now. The Scrambled arc has been largely uninteresting to me up to this point really, even if I think the main series is settling into something fairly competent.

Oh, and fun little tidbit I noticed; anyone else spot that, in the iOS app add on the back, the network/ carrier has changed from AT&T to Verizon recently? :lol: I wonder why?

Actually, on the subject of the iOS app, I noticed that they're charging £17.99 for a digital copy of the Genesis hardcover. Seriously, what? It's a bit ridiculous how the digital versions of the comics basically cost as much as a hard copy. Why would someone choose a digital copy that's missing certain content (letters, editiorial notes etc) over a hard copy at the same price? If nothing else, it's pretty cheeky since digital copies cost them next to nothing. They make it, upload it and leave it there. Then it just sits there making them money. At least with print copies there's actually the physical paper and printing costs to justify it. Digital copies really should be cheaper.

sonic-the-hedgehog-preview-madness-20120425033216305.jpg

Yardley accidently drew Green Hill instead of Splash Hill..

• Thumbs Up 8

Someone please tell me that the Sonic 4 ep 2 story will be more than five pages? That's all we usually get for game adaptations lately, and it's usually ridiculous. They usually end up just being a loosely-interpreted version of the intro cutscene followed by 'LOL BUY THE GAME'

Nope it's 5 pages again.

Yardley accidently drew Green Hill instead of Splash Hill..

What was the difference besides bad physics and crappy music? Can't really blame the guy.

Kinda sucks that this is only 5 pages. Pretty much is a cas grab putting something slightly new in there to get people to buy it...dry.png

Which sucks because if anyone has actually seen the leaked footage of Episode 2 then you'll know theres some pretty cool stuff to see.

What was the difference besides bad physics and crappy music? Can't really blame the guy.

The candied grass is the big difference I noticed on the preivew. The colors are also wrong, but that's not on Yardley.

Nope it's 5 pages again.

Oh geez, that sucks. You'd think for a 130-page magazine we'd get something a bit more substantial. I mean, I can kind of understand in the main comic due to space limitations, but still. We finally get some new, original content for the Super Specials and it's still five pages?

Maybe SEGA doesn't want Archie doing full adaptions? Just want them to make people curious so they buy the games to see how it continues.

Yeah, I guess. But even then, they could surely do something a bit more than five pages? Hell, the fact the preview is two pages means they're showing us 40% of the story for free.

I do find it weird how generous Archie are with previews, actually. We normally get five pages, which is almost a quarter of the issue. But then I suppose if they don't give you enough you won't get a feel for it enough to buy the issue, and at the same time it's not like they're giving away enough to discourage sales, so to speak.