Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I don't know how many people on here are on Bumbleking that wouldn't have found out from there first.

I don't know how many people on here are on Bumbleking that wouldn't have found out from there first.

Don't think many of us are on Bumbleking so I posted it for the rest of us non-members. Besides I'm encouraging registration, which is good!

The registration requirements may not be to everyone's tastes, though.

Eh can't be as bad as Retro's. (not saying what they do is stupid because I know of the security problems they had in the past, but it is a hassle.)

Chaoscontrol14, you get the Supersonic magazine? if so, mind taking some of those digital cam shots?

eww.png

*Shudder*...

God please Archie, I don't care what I have to pay you, Just never bring him back...

Aside from the yes, I don't have a problem with this guy.

Aside from the yes, I don't have a problem with this guy.

Chaoscontrol14, you get the Supersonic magazine? if so, mind taking some of those digital cam shots?

eww.png

*Shudder*...

God please Archie, I don't care what I have to pay you, Just never bring him back...

What's wrong with this art style?

What's wrong with this art style?

You mean other than the fact that Sonic looks like a Cylon? rolleyes.gif

Aside from the weird eyes (and occasional odd poses) I don't have too much of a problem with him. I don't care much for him but I don't mind him much.

Besides what about Jay Oliveres?

weirdsonic.png

Y'know who DOES need to come back? J Axer and Renae Deliz. Those guys were great.

Edited by Cunning Condor
  • Thumbs Up 2

You mean other than the fact that Sonic looks like a Cylon? rolleyes.gif

LOL. I'm used to these designs though

This is far most the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

Archie's going demented

Tails_doll_demon.jpg

That's probably the best off-panel they've ever done. I mean, a few have been somewhat amusing, but this one's definitely my favourite so far. XD

Update on the Penders vs Sega/EA case.

Penders Appeals Sega/EA Case Dismissal to 9th Circuit

Judge who Dismissed Says Appeal “Not Frivolous,” “Presents a Substantial Question”

While we wait for word on the motion for summary judgment in Archie v. Penders on the east coast, counsel for embattled ex-Sonic comic writer Ken Penders have a small victory on their hands on the west coast.

It concerns the recently dismissed lawsuit Penders filed against both Sega and Electronic Arts concerning copyrights to characters and storylines he still has, and their alleged unauthorized use in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. In the dismissal, U.S. District Judge Otis D. Wright essentially told Penders to wait on the case until the Archie matter is settled. But in filing an appeal on that decision to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, that same judge granted Penders the right to appeal without posting a security bond and other associated court fees up front, according to public records obtained by TSSZ.

“The Court certifies that the proposed appeal is not frivolous and presents a substantial question,” Judge Wright wrote in his decision. “The within moving party is authorized to prosecute an appeal[....] to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit without pre-payment of any fees or costs and without giving security therefor.”

In a nutshell, this allows Penders to explain why his claim against Sega and EA should stay alive in front of a higher authority, regardless of the ongoing proceedings in New York. That doesn’t mean any decision made in Archie v. Penders would not impact the matter, however. Any declaratory judgment in Archie v. Penders could either significantly enable or cripple Penders’s argument and potential offense versus the two video game companies. Keep in mind that Penders is the plaintiff against Sega and EA, while versus Archie, he is the defendant, fighting for the validity of the copyrights he filed.

What could this mean? With one case already at the Ninth Circuit, it is possible Penders, Archie, Sega, Electronic Arts, or some combination of all four are willing to see this through the appeals process up to the US Supreme Court, depending on future judgments. For now, it’s best to take it one step at a time, as we will with any future developments.

Update on the Penders vs Sega/EA case.

I will laugh if this case goes all the way to the Supreme Court. Though I very much doubt that will happen.

Dear Lord, Penders seems Hellbent on following George Lucas's footsteps: Make brilliant shit in your (relative) youth, then take a major fucking dive off the Deep End.

Except when Lucas made the plunge, he did so with a Golden Parachute and a Crack Team of Medics and Rescue Workers on standby. Ken, being the poor starving artist that he is, jumped with nothing more than a fucking pray to save him dry.png

Edited by The Real Darth Sonikku

Who does the Off-panel art? sware i've seen that style on deviantART before...

John Gray. He used to do art for the main comic.

John Gray. He used to do art for the main comic.

I kind of liked his style. I find it...interesting, to say the least...

• Thumbs Up 2

His style's great for comedy, some of the expressions alone are absolutely hilarious. It's... less effective when they got him to do any serious moments, though.

Wasn't he the one who drew the infamous Sally bitchslap? Oh wait that part was comedy

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh what the fuck, Archie.

SonicFightClub.jpg

"Sonic: Fight Club - It’s time for a good ol’ fashioned battle royale with everyone’s favorite (black and) blue hedgehog--Sonic! Check out over 100 pages worth of Sonic the Hedgehog’s most exciting battles! Watch the Blue Blur go toe-to-toe with Eggman, The Iron Queen, and Anti-Sonic! Plus--Sonic tussles with his own friends?! Crack your Knuckles and break out the bandages, because it's "Round One"! FIGHT!"
  • Thumbs Up 1