Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So what, its digital! seems like there doing a best of thing with the digitals. but is the problem being that there releasing best ofs instead of normal issues? because that would tick me off.

Otherwise let them do what they want.

Edited by goku262002

It's just that the last one came out about two weeks ago, can't they lay off the reprints for a bit and focus on publicising SA#19?

Edit: Which, BTW, has a cover;

vtjvi.jpg

Edited by VEDJ-F

They don't actually get in the way of the Archives..

Cover is cool. Like the Classic art style with Modern Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Must cover the issues where Sonic adornes his modern design (which happens in a hilarious turn of evebts).

Ah, so Tails Doll does feast on the souls of innocents! How nice, I must say!

I somewhat still wanna hug him

Oh what the fuck, Archie.

SonicFightClub.jpg

Another digital reprint so soon after the last one?

SA2 Battle???

What the crap? Spaz, just do Adventure style art, please.

...what?

What the hell are you on about? Spaz' Adventure art always looked mediocre at best, but he's pretty damned good at the airbrushed style. This cover looks great, unlike the one by Mr. Greg.

Meanwhile, #236 is beginning to reach subscribers. Inb4 ChaosControl14 tells people to PM him for spoilers.

...what?

What the hell are you on about? Spaz' Adventure art always looked mediocre at best, but he's pretty damned good at the airbrushed style. This cover looks great, unlike the one by Mr. Greg.

His Uekawa style looks good on the Sonic Select covers.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just that the last one came out about two weeks ago, can't they lay off the reprints for a bit and focus on publicising SA#19?

vtjvi.jpg

Wait which issues will this one feature?

vtjvi.jpg

The archives reached the SA point where the green eyes come to play.

OH MY GOD, #236.

Everything else is par for the course, but Rotor's team Freedom;

Rotor, Heavy, Bomb, Big, and Cream.

Left field. This came out of it.

Edited by VEDJ-F

OH MY GOD, #236.

Heavy and Bomb return? Again? Did Rotor rebuild them?

OH MY GOD, #236.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of this, seeing as I fully expected Cream and Big to see a bit more action, seeing as they have been constantly appearing since their introduction/reintroduction. Though at the same time, the composition of this team just seems bad, seeing as they have two newbies with little to no actual training, and Rotor who is incredibly useful in his powersuit, but still is a heavy hindrance if say Regina came along, or he were to be caught without it. Though I'm not sure about Heavy and Bomb, seeing as I've never seen how they work in Archie, ergo I'm not sure if they're as useless as they were in Knuckles Chaotix or not

Though really, this is quite a curveball as said before

Edited by Magnus

Tails did.

WAIT TAILS!? I thought those were Eggman's inventions. Oh gosh what the heck!?

I don't know about that. I mean, they've referred to those guys as "The Secret Freedom Fighters" and I kinda thought they'd stick to that title. Why do I feel Team Freedom may have Cream and Big?

As for Rotor, I'm unsure how him quitting the council means he can't be a Freedom Fighter. Doesn't that mean he'd have more chance to get into action? As for Bunnie and Antoine I expect it will be a while before they join the freigh anyway.

For once in my life I can actually say, called it. Though Heavy and Bomb? I kinda forget when they left us. Anyone fill me in?

For once in my life I can actually say, called it. Though Heavy and Bomb? I kinda forget when they left us. Anyone fill me in?

Depends on which models we're talking about. The last time they were seen technically was in #154, where they'd tried and failed to blow up Mina at a concert and their fate was left unknown. However, these were just Eggman-built copies.

The originals were last seen in #102, where Eggman turned them against the good guys before Tails and Rotor deactivated and disassembled them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah! #102! First issue I picked up back when I was around tenish!

biggrin.png I remember how OOC Sonic was, murdering a sentient being in cold blood just cause they were robots :/ Yes, they needed to be disabled, but come on! That scene was actually pretty chilling...

Edited by The Real Darth Sonikku

...what?

The point is the comics themselves moved into the Adventure art style at the point the archives are currently at. The archives covers themselves should make the same shift to reflect that, not some awkward hybrid between classic and modern that would have Sonic 4 haters foaming at the mouth.

I've managed to read alot of back issues,and... the characters seem pretty generic from where I am right now,and apart from the very beginning of the series where they act like their SatAM selves, there isn't anything I can really pick out of the characters ... any advice on what issues I should actually be going for?

Edited by Mysterics

I've managed to read alot of back issues,and... the characters seem pretty generic from where I am right now,and apart from the very beginning of the series where they act like their SatAM selves, there isn't anything I can really pick out of the characters ... any advice on what issues I should actually be going for?

Edited by Chaos Warp

185 on is a good place to start.up again. if you start at 183 your just trying to fit yourself into the previous arc which goes on for another issue.

Edited by goku262002