Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

According to Archie, he does have toes (as does Tails).

Also, that 'Buttnik picture is crying out to be captioned with "WRRRRYYYYYY".

REJECTEDEGGMAN.jpg

What the hell is this crap?? :blink:

Whatever it is, it ain't funny in any sense of the word.

I wonder if they needed official permission for this? Afterall this makes it semi-fact, or at least the only reference we have got for what Eggmans eyes look like.

Its kinda like Archie revealing what Sega or the games have never done, and showing us if Sonic has toes on his feet or something hey!

It's not really a semi-fact: I mean, Eggman's eyes have been visible before this and they've never looked like this (In his old model sheets, Sonic 06 and I think even Unleashed if you look closely). I don't think this accurately represents the game Eggman- or that they'd need permission to do it. Really, that's just silly.

Also, I don't think Sonic actually has toes either. Tails and Amy don't have toes- they're more like flippers really.

t_d5.png

A_d5.png

045amy.jpg

Darkspine Sonic doesn't have toes either.

DarkspineSonicpic2.png

So yeah, all I'm saying is that this isn't really a conformation on what Eggman's eyes look like- it's just the writer's and illustrator's interpretation.

Here's a special scanby PenPen of the Bumbleking forum, from Sonic #200.

Look into his eyes.

This nails it then, I actually had a tiny hope that the comics would try to be more close to the the games. I was fooling myself if they couldn't change such a little thing and that they wouldn't be bashed for it either.

I wonder if they needed official permission for this? Afterall this makes it semi-fact, or at least the only reference we have got for what Eggmans eyes look like.

Its kinda like Archie revealing what Sega or the games have never done, and showing us if Sonic has toes on his feet or something hey!

Like they asked for the parents, for the Olgive, like who he ends up 25 years later and how man children he has, when exacly the mid-life crisis comes to play, Knuckles' robot eye, who he ends up, his children, his parents, the whole horde of Echidnas, Station Square inside a mountain, Amy Rose getting four years older by a wish from the ring, like Tails, his parents, not speaking with Sonic, who he ends up, the horde of childrens of the new generation, Shadow the king, Sonic and the gang going to school etc etc. I'm pretty sure they ask everything to dear old SEGA.

I think now we can safely consider the Archie comics separate from the games, if we haven't already.

I think now we can safely consider the Archie comics separate from the games, if we haven't already.
Well, yeah, I thought we were all in agreement on that.

I didnt see that comming. I tought that his eyes were going to be like the ones from Unleashed.

Well, yeah, I thought we were all in agreement on that.

True, but I'm sure that there are some who were in denial of this.

Now, if Ian wants to really confuse everyone just for the lulz, then he kills off this Eggman Robotnik, but then there's another Mobius which is solely the game Universe, and that Eggman comes to Prime. But he has blue eyes! Dun dun dunnnn!!!

The black and red eyes do look cool on him though. This issue shall be interesting... if that wasn't obvious already.

I'm glad to see his eyes that way in the comics. Lets me hold on to that old-school SatAM-esque 'Buttnik who pretty much doesn't exist in any other current media ;)

Actually, now that you mention it, there are SOME people. Some very sad people. But they're in a minority.

I'm glad to see his eyes that way in the comics. Lets me hold on to that old-school SatAM-esque 'Buttnik who pretty much doesn't exist in any other current media ;)

Although Eggman having red/black, sunken-in eyes was in some American official art and AoStH before SatAM.

I didnt see that comming. I tought that his eyes were going to be like the ones from Unleashed.

I knew I wasn't the only one who saw that. I have a distinct memory of seeing his eyes in that game, but I'm having a hard time pinpointing it.

Although Eggman having red/black, sunken-in eyes was in some American official art and AoStH before SatAM.

I know, hence me saying "current" media :)

I know, hence me saying "current" media :)

Blah, blah, blah, details.

I'm not in denial, I know they're very different and I'm glad for it. But lately Archie seems to want to incorporate some stuff from the games and ditch others, it's confusing where exacly they want to take the series. I guess 25 years later and how many mutant babies Sonic has, it always ends up in this.

Sonic Universe looks cool though, a breath of fresh air, but yet it still goes and fits with the original plot, why I have no idea. It could be something new and cool without the heavy trail of the #200 issues of plotholes, complicated story arcs and OC characters but they already tied it down to the main series. I don't see where that one is going either.

Edited by redmenace

@ Venom: You could see them wen the camera had a close-up on Eggman's glasses in the intro movie. You have to stare very hard at them, but there visible.

...it's confusing where exacly they want to take the series.

They are making it canon within itself and using ideas, stories, and other canons for references. It's been like this since it started and it has always deviated from the games-- more so back then from today even and mostly used SatAM and AoStH from it's early run. Archie will never be "just" like the games and probably wouldn't have unless Michael Gallegher, Scott Shaw! and the rest of the beginning team went with a different direction when they printed the first issue. They may use cameos of rings, surrealistic environments and game level cameos and stories, but there is just way too much red tape to go through, as well as fifteen years of continuity to look at. It has always been it's own thing basically, and your millage may vary on what exaclty you want out of a "Sonic the Hedgehog comic book."

That could have been worded better, but bleeh, whatever. >.>

Sonic Universe looks cool though, a breath of fresh air, but yet it still goes and fits with the original plot, why I have no idea. It could be something new and cool without the heavy trail of the #200 issues of plotholes, complicated story arcs and OC characters but they already tied it down to the main series. I don't see where that one is going either.

It's to expand more stories into and give other characters other than Sonic more screen time. This has been asked for by the fans for years since the last Sonic Super Special was released and they are now able to that with Sonic Universe. If you ever want "anything" from an Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog story, Sonic Underground, more Sonic X stories, or even a SEGA Sonic story, you can give Archie a response. If they get enough responses, they'll put it in the book. That's exaclty how we got more Mobius: 25 years later and will be printed soon.

They are making it canon within itself and using ideas, stories, and other canons for references. It's been like this since it started and it has always deviated from the games-- more so back then from today even and mostly used SatAM and AoStH from it's early run. Archie will never be "just" like the games and probably wouldn't have unless Michael Gallegher, Scott Shaw! and the rest of the beginning team went with a different direction when they printed the first issue. They may use cameos of rings, surrealistic environments and game level cameos and stories, but there is just way too much red tape to go through, as well as fifteen years of continuity to look at. It has always been it's own thing basically, and your millage may vary on what exaclty you want out of a "Sonic the Hedgehog comic book."

That could have been worded better, but bleeh, whatever. >.>

Yeah, well, but tell me exacly why are they putting eggman's design equal to the games and then giving him black eyes with red iris? It's a different eggman, he's already looking different from the original. They were trying to make him more alike to the games to call out for fans but then give them those eyes to compromise with the very early fans that remember the other version of robotnik. Makes no sense at all.

It's to expand more stories into and give other characters other than Sonic more screen time. This has been asked for by the fans for years since the last Sonic Super Special was released and they are now able to that with Sonic Universe. If you ever want "anything" from an Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog story, Sonic Underground, more Sonic X stories, or even a SEGA Sonic story, you can give Archie a response. If they get enough responses, they'll put it in the book. That's exaclty how we got more Mobius: 25 years later and will be printed soon.

You guys asked for 25 YL? I still have yet to understand why people are excited at the idea of Sonic bound to the responsability of being a king and a father. It's completely pointless.

Ugh, well, of course. Eggman's eyes are normal, grey (Or maybe blue, it's hard to tell) eyes in the games.

I always hated the black-hole-red-pupil eyes. They make Eggman look like some kind of... weird monster/demon thing, and frankly, they don't mesh well with his game look at all. Archie had really been impressing me for a little while, making its Eggman closer and closer to his game counterpart, making his image consistently more stylish and cutesy as they went along... and then suddenly this happens.

Eh... Ah well, can't win 'em all, I guess.

But I declare this to be a bad move on Archie's part. Now if you'll excuse me, I've petty grumbling to attend to.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

eggman200.jpg

WHAT. THE. FUCK. IAN?

IAN?

YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR EXPLAINING TO DO. MAJOR.

THESE ARE ROBOTIC EYES ON A PURE HUMAN.

(totally wanted to see some Wario eyes on this bad boy. Quick to the Photoshop! :P )

(and I just realized that the picture looks like it is shouting out the accompanying text. good job. This could become a meme.)

Edited by Kintobor

THESE ARE ROBOTIC EYES ON A PURE HUMAN.

A very good point- Eggman was turned into a full, not-robotic-at-all human by those aliens way back.

There's no explanation for him to have artificial shiny-red eyes like that.

A very good point- Eggman was turned into a full, not-robotic-at-all human by those aliens way back.

There's no explanation for him to have artificial shiny-red eyes like that.

He had them back in the first few issues of the series, as well as in SatAM, and he wasn't a robot there.