Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I take it my suspicion was correct?

Ok, now to figure out what was going on before he got here...

Oh here's something:

And she became that to be respected by her peers especially Sonic. Amy is a beast and shipping her with Sonic or anybody would not do anything for her character development except possibly derail it.

I'm sure she can retain all those things and still be in a relationship. And wait, is combat ability your measure of character in this case? That's kinda what it looks like. Ha, another case of a woman only being respected for her body, but in a different sort of way. This comes back to what I was talking about before, how she hits stuff with her hammer, and not that much else*. Meanwhile, This storyline about the robotic animals and the oil refinery (Has the death egg ever been in the comic?) developed Bunnie's relationship with her uncle and her uncle's conflict with the sand blasters, meanwhile Amy continues to be a heroic goon. When was the last time she did something important aside from hitting it with a hammer?

*I don't follow the comic very closely, is her personality really come that far?

I don't think I have to quite answer that as others after my initial post have elaborated on it. Basically Flynn stating that things such as long term relationships and who and who can be in a relationship apparently are off limits because SEGA Licensing stated so. I'm not even trying to really argue that as a point given how much shiptease has been going around lately in this book.

Well this is the first I've heard of it.

Seems a little silly to me to limit what can and can't go on in the comics, as long as they keep the characters within reason of their original selves then that should be good enough. The only reason I see for this would be if SEGA plan to have Sonic in a relationship in the future and wouldn't wanna complicate things up, however I don't think they'll ever do that.

Anyways the comics are a completely different medium, I can't see why some relationships for Sonic is banned.

Secondly, you've told me that I shouldn't go into a topic and expect someone to argue/disagree with me when posting commentary, yet you're essentially telling Sonamy fans (or any particular character fan) to drop it and move on. You can't have it both ways, honey, and if you want to debate, I suggest you leave that heavy handed bias behind in the wind.

I have said that, but that doesn't stop me from voicing that people need to get over it, it's all debate and you can argue otherwise if you want. Just stating that it seems utterly stupid to bitch and moan about things that are really out of their Sonamy hands especially in a medium that was practically founded on a Sonic Sally idea.

Lol, how do you leave bias behind if you want to debate? If I left my opinions the I'd hardly have anything to debate over now wuld I? But thank you I will keep debating sugar. [/bunnie accent for some reason]

Furthermore, please do not cut and paste if you aren't going to be constructive, since I know you have a tendency towards spamming topics with one sentence or a 10-15 minute video describing comic issues panel by panel from my tenure at Sonicanime.net. -_-;;

What's wrong with copy and pasting his own views that he's stated before? Saves alot of time writing the exact same opinion out again, plus if it turns out anything like our back and forths it'll end up being the same repetative schtik anyways.

I'd like to point out that him kicking Amy's ass was awesome.

All of this started because kittynakajimma feels Amy's being mistreated in the comics, in favor of Sonic and Sally, ya know typical Shipping crap.

Pretty much this^

You can claim you're not shipping (correct term? Didn't even know what the hell shipteasing or all that junk was before getting dragged into this topic) you can claim your not that all you want, but when you say Amy is treated bad because Shadow hit her, or because she happens to be on a cover, then you lose credibility.

Shadow is Shadow, he's gonna be an arse, he's gonna smack down somebody who gets in his goals way. Kicking Amy and hitting her with her own hammer is hardly mistreating her, especially given the smacks she gave him earlier.

Claiming Shadow is soooo out of character just because he does this to Amy is not a good argument for Amy being mistreated.

Having Amy on the cover isn't an insult. Had Sonic and Amy been dating and recently broke up, then yeah that would've been, but that hasn't happened (besides in the mind of Sonamy shippers)

Sonic and Sally have a thing, Sonic and Sally have always had a thing. It was only a matter of time before some writer put them back together again. Like I said before, don't go to the beach and then bitch when you get sand in your pants.

Claiming Amy is mistreated due to her not being paired with Sonic is not a good reason at all. The comics have been good to Amy as of recent, it's only the games that have her as this obssessive stalker, but as the comics are forced to become more inline with the games I suspect we'll see some of that bleed over.

As it is now though Amy has been treated well.

How'd this topic derail so far from just a silly cover anyway? It seems like one obssessive fan is arguing baseless points against a stack of people, seems silly, especially with the other cooler stuff we could be talking about or speculating over.

How will Treasure team tango end?

What sort of fights/interactions can we expect?

Who the dealio this "traitor" will be?

What's Silver's arc gonna be about?

• Bad Quality Post 1

As far as why certain things were banned despite Archie's Sonic being a separate continuity - SEGA still has ultimate sway, and they've made several requests over the past years. For example, I believe that Archie were told to no longer let Sonic cry. He used to be shown shedding tears actually quite frequently, but apparently that's no longer allowed.

I just realized that if that Oil Ocean Zone look alike was meant for the Death Egg, this upcoming story would be the closest thing the comic has ever had to an adaptation of Sonic 2. Am I the only one who finds this funny?

As far as why certain things were banned despite Archie's Sonic being a separate continuity - SEGA still has ultimate sway, and they've made several requests over the past years. For example, I believe that Archie were told to no longer let Sonic cry. He used to be shown shedding tears actually quite frequently, but apparently that's no longer allowed.

Wow that seems pretty lame. Seems like the comics are wanted to be emotional barrenlands.

Nothing wrong with a little crying here and there, I mean if they want Sonic to cut out crying at say funerals or stuff like that when they happen that's pretty stupid

SEGA: cool guys don't cry.

I just realized that if that Oil Ocean Zone look alike was meant for the Death Egg, this upcoming story would be the closest thing the comic has ever had to an adaptation of Sonic 2. Am I the only one who finds this funny?

Wasn't the Death Egg in the Sonic quest saga? I used to have it but that was a loooong time ago. Pretty sure they even went so far as to have Silver Sonic in it, but as far as staying true to Sonic 2's story......well I guess we haven't had that story yet.

I reckon it would be really cool if they do the Death Egg or something like it as this big new "thing" Robotnik is planning. In the games he's had so many airbases yet in the comics I don't believe he's ever had an ongoing one has he? I guess it would kind of make sense if he's lost control of the land and his base, or it's in ruins, that he'd take to the sky - the sky would be a great place to avoid Sonic's speed or at least make it harder for him to foil his plans.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Well this is the first I've heard of it.

Seems a little silly to me to limit what can and can't go on in the comics, as long as they keep the characters within reason of their original selves then that should be good enough. The only reason I see for this would be if SEGA plan to have Sonic in a relationship in the future and wouldn't wanna complicate things up, however I don't think they'll ever do that.

Anyways the comics are a completely different medium, I can't see why some relationships for Sonic is banned.

I have said that, but that doesn't stop me from voicing that people need to get over it, it's all debate and you can argue otherwise if you want. Just stating that it seems utterly stupid to bitch and moan about things that are really out of their Sonamy hands especially in a medium that was practically founded on a Sonic Sally idea.

Lol, how do you leave bias behind if you want to debate? If I left my opinions the I'd hardly have anything to debate over now wuld I? But thank you I will keep debating sugar. [/bunnie accent for some reason]

What's wrong with copy and pasting his own views that he's stated before? Saves alot of time writing the exact same opinion out again, plus if it turns out anything like our back and forths it'll end up being the same repetative schtik anyways.

Pretty much this^

You can claim you're not shipping (correct term? Didn't even know what the hell shipteasing or all that junk was before getting dragged into this topic) you can claim your not that all you want, but when you say Amy is treated bad because Shadow hit her, or because she happens to be on a cover, then you lose credibility.

Shadow is Shadow, he's gonna be an arse, he's gonna smack down somebody who gets in his goals way. Kicking Amy and hitting her with her own hammer is hardly mistreating her, especially given the smacks she gave him earlier.

Claiming Shadow is soooo out of character just because he does this to Amy is not a good argument for Amy being mistreated.

Having Amy on the cover isn't an insult. Had Sonic and Amy been dating and recently broke up, then yeah that would've been, but that hasn't happened (besides in the mind of Sonamy shippers)

Sonic and Sally have a thing, Sonic and Sally have always had a thing. It was only a matter of time before some writer put them back together again. Like I said before, don't go to the beach and then bitch when you get sand in your pants.

Claiming Amy is mistreated due to her not being paired with Sonic is not a good reason at all. The comics have been good to Amy as of recent, it's only the games that have her as this obssessive stalker, but as the comics are forced to become more inline with the games I suspect we'll see some of that bleed over.

As it is now though Amy has been treated well.

How'd this topic derail so far from just a silly cover anyway? It seems like one obssessive fan is arguing baseless points against a stack of people, seems silly, especially with the other cooler stuff we could be talking about or speculating over.

How will Treasure team tango end?

What sort of fights/interactions can we expect?

Who the dealio this "traitor" will be?

What's Silver's arc gonna be about?

Kettle, calling the pot black. You still think I'm some silly fangirl shipper - I might be the aforementioned, but I have not been in here yelling about my pairing being better or better than something else, or how I think it would make the comic better. This might be the main thing I've commented on, but I have made other posts concerning the characterization/involvement of others, such as the geriatric, bigoted King Max (who should be put out of his misery A.S.A.P.). Stop it.

But yet all that I've said apparently amounts to me being a stupid shipper and Amy not somehow being mistreated in the comic. If you want me to come out and say that she's gone from a petty girl who shallowly aged herself for a guy to a fucking battle axe blowhard, then yes. She's "improved". Does that mean I enjoy the transition either way? Not really. Amy's characterization in Archie (as well as those of many of the game characters) has and will continue to be something that I worry about, as I've stated, because her power and her zealous crush on Sonic are not balancing her out. They're just making her out into some overly enthusiastic drone with nothing else to her. And when did I say I wanted her characterization in Archie with the Sonic equivalent? Never. I've even said I'd prefer they didn't right now, or even in the distant future, as they're current characterizations don't seem to mesh well. Unless they somehow evened her out and managed to tone down the hot, flashy violent tendency she has, no.

And no, I am not making a big fuss over SU #22 because of Shadow x Amy. If not for the fact that he's fighting her, it also seems Archie!Shadow doesn't know when to pick and choose his fights, or even when he does, he usually gets his ass kicked. He got his ass handed to him by Enerjak, Metal Sonic, and apparently Scourge at various points of popping up from whatever they had him doing in the comic, if not being a G.U.N. lackey. Instead of being the Ultimate Lifeform, he's actually the Ultimate Punching Bag as so many characters have gotten a hit or two on him (and won!) Then he comes around and apparently finds his match in Amy Rose after she got the better of him? If I'm upset about him hitting her, I'm more upset that she's somehow able to get the better of him, regardless of how feministly kickass that may be, as since when does

Shit like this where other individuals with the use of Chaos powers/strength on part with his manage to kick his ass, yet he has to go all out on beating on someone without the middle road just because? And not like I'm screaming he can't hit girls, since I'm so sure he could have gone after Blaze if he felt like it too. Hell, she's probably more his match given she has no qualms about using her full pyrokinetic abilities or tapping into the Sol Emeralds. The only reason I'd see him going after Amy like that was because he wanted to save whatever strength (or honor) for his fight with her last, though Rouge derailed that by sneak attacking Blaze and knocking her out.

Furthermore, my comment at BW was mostly based on past experience on another forum I used to frequent. He would topic spam the forums with his video/Youtube nonsense and/make topics/posts dedicated to "interviews" he conducted with himself on the matter. I wasn't looking for more of the same to happen here, but if it does, I will not hesitate to report it as I'm sure the majority of you would be rather annoyed by it (as was the case).

Good thing too. I remember seeing side by side comparisons of a panel Yardley drew for the M25YL Part 2 arc, and he originally drew King Sonic BAWWWWing like a friggin' baby when finding out his kids didn't exist anymore because of the timeline change. Then whoever inked the pencils had to go and clean it up significantly to where his mouth wasn't open and he was only shedding a few tears.

I'm all for a guy shedding tears, but when he's shedding them so much to the point where I think I could hold it together better on my worst day....*whistles*

Plus, I'm really curious to know the exact specifics of this mandate outside of who can be with who. I know Flynn's claimed that he can't pair Amy up with anyone thanks to the mandate, but I want to know more beyond that. I think it mostly has a lot to do with SEGA reining it in if they feel Archie strays or stretches too much with their material, like how they mandated that all the game characters be updated to the next gen look for Sonic Adventure.

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Good thing too. I remember seeing side by side comparisons of a panel Yardley drew for the M25YL Part 2 arc, and he originally drew King Sonic BAWWWWing like a friggin' baby when finding out his kids didn't exist anymore because of the timeline change. Then whoever inked the pencils had to go and clean it up significantly to where his mouth wasn't open and he was only shedding a few tears.

I'm all for a guy shedding tears, but when he's shedding them so much to the point where I think I could hold it together better on my worst day....*whistles*

Sorry to be blunt and so personal, but my dad, who I have never seen cry a day in his life and is the most stoic guy I ever met, apparently bawled his EYES out when his son and daughter were killed in a car crash (before I was born, so this is from my mum's telling of it). Are you really saying that Sonic's reaction was unreasonable and that you could 'hold it together better' if you lost your kids? That "BAWWWWing like a friggin' baby" is an inappropriate response to something so life-altering and painful as having your children wiped from existence? Cold, girl, cold.

I personally hate that Sonic's had an emotional cap placed on him. Maybe it brings him more in line with some of his other incarnations (mostly the more Japanese ones), but I always really loved how open and emotional he was in Archie. Like how he was tearing up when he finally found and rescued the real Tails after Mogul's 'fake' was discovered and disappeared. Man, they'd never let him cry over something like that now.

Sorry to be blunt and so personal, but my dad, who I have never seen cry a day in his life and is the most stoic guy I ever met, apparently bawled his EYES out when his son and daughter were killed in a car crash (before I was born, so this is from my mum's telling of it). Are you really saying that Sonic's reaction was unreasonable and that you could 'hold it together better' if you lost your kids? That "BAWWWWing like a friggin' baby" is an inappropriate response to something so life-altering and painful as having your children wiped from existence? Cold, girl, cold.

I personally hate that Sonic's had an emotional cap placed on him. Maybe it brings him more in line with some of his other incarnations (mostly the more Japanese ones), but I always really loved how open and emotional he was in Archie. Like how he was tearing up when he finally found and rescued the real Tails after Mogul's 'fake' was discovered and disappeared. Man, they'd never let him cry over something like that now.

NO. I wasn't saying it was inappropriate. I was merely listing it as an example of how drastic they do let him cry, and he has cried quite a bit. He's even in a corner crying on at least one cover, so I think it's been done a bit too much. I just thought the way it was originally done and the way it actually came out was drastic, to say the least. Do I think the reaction was unfounded, no. A bit much compared to how it came out? Maybe.

And technically he did still cry in the final draft of that panel, which you can see here. I found the fact that he was still apparently trying to hold back as opposed to full blown tears more in character to him as opposed to the free reign that they apparently had before.

Furthermore, I'm kinda freaked out even having to respond to this because I did not expect for you to throw the personal card at me. I don't know if I even want to touch what you threw at me, because I'd either be deemed a heartless bitch or emotionless cuntbot depending on who's talking. :

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Okay (: Your wording just came off a bit harsh, really sounded like you were scoffing at him for being so pathetic about it. But I get what you're saying now.

I still think his reaction was ridiculously muted. I mean, they kept the words the same... he SOUNDS much more distraught than he looked. It really hit home, how horrible the situation was, that it could break him right down like that so he was sobbing uncontrollably and had to be held up.

The small amount of tears he showed in the edited final copy made it seem like he's cried more over far lesser things. I just really liked how they originally had him broken right down. I mean, in 25YL he was a BROKEN MAN. He ended up pretty much a hobo. Time and events took a terrible toll on him, and I loved how raw that part was.

But Sonic's been so many things and personified so unstably throughout the comics that I'm sure everyone interprets him differently and how he should be, depending which issues resonated most with them personally.

Shadow's inhibitors. Ha. It's almost like they were trying to incorporate more trite concepts into Shadow when they came up with those. If they're never mentioned again it'll be too soon. Basically, I'm ignoring them on the basis of being a really dumb concept that Shadow was better off doing without.

I never got into the Archie comics because Im not much for American/Western comics, and the beginning issues looked kinda bad, but looks like its improved quite a bit.

I didn't know Sonic wasn't allowed to cry anymore. I find it upsetting that characters have certain limits put on them. I understand the relationship business though. Knowing Sega's final say is kind of a permanent disappointment for informed readers then. Why pay attention to these arcs at all if they're all dead end stories?

I didn't know Sonic wasn't allowed to cry anymore. I find it upsetting that characters have certain limits put on them. I understand the relationship business though. Knowing Sega's final say is kind of a permanent disappointment for informed readers then. Why pay attention to these arcs at all if they're all dead end stories?

Just recieved StH 219 in the mail!

Geoffrey is the traitor.

Though, if you visit BumbleKing, you probably already knew that. :P

Expect the full summary and details once I'm finished reading.

Just recieved StH 219 in the mail!

Geoffrey is the traitor.

Though, if you visit BumbleKing, you probably already knew that. :P

Expect the full summary and details once I'm finished reading.

I knew he was too much of a douche to be good. And now I have an idea of what Silver's arc is going to be in SU 25.

I knew he was too much of a douche to be good. And now I have an idea of what Silver's arc is going to be in SU 25.

Even so, who the hell would've saw that coming? Especially at the service Geoffrey has been doing for the kingdom?

Haha, about the second reply in, I figured it was that guy again. At least we were actually making progress. Oh well.

Summary time!

1.Mina is awoken by dreams of an Iron Dominion-controlled Nicole.

2.Cut to the Castle, where King Max has called in Geoffrey St. John.

3.Geoffrey has brought Sonic along with him, even though Max told him to come alone.

4.Max had called on Geoffrey to find a means to restore the Monarchy to proper authority.

5.Geoffrey suggests fetching a Chaos Emerald for Max.

6.Max agrees and Geoffrey/Sonic depart.

7.Sonic asks why Geoffrey dragged him out of bed to find a Chaos Emerald.

8.Geoffrey suggests that maybe King Max is losing his mind. Sonic says he picked up on that.

9.Geoffrey thinks it would be a good idea to fetch an Emerald for the King. It wouldn't hurt to have one, and the King would be happy thinking that things are changing, but none the wiser that they really aren't.

10.Sonic compliments Geoffrey on a good idea.....for him.

11.Sonic asks Geoffrey why he was brought along.

12.Geoffrey tells him that he was brought along because of his experience in the Special Zone and because he was on Feist's good side.

13.Sonic and Geoffrey arrive at Freedom HQ, where Sonic accidentally surprises Mina by opening the door against her body.

14.Ash tells Sonic off for accidentally opening the door on her, but Sonic apologizes and says he didn't know she was there.

15.Ash tries to give Sonic some more vocal abuse, but Mina tells him to shut up.

16.Ash apologizes to Mina and Sonic asks if she's okay. She says she is.

17.Mina tells Sonic that she needed to get out of the city and think about her next album. She asks Sonic if it's okay if she brain-storms at Freedom HQ. Sonic tells her it's fine and that Freedom Fighter or not, she'll always be one of them.

18.Mina thanks him and Sonic/Geoffrey leave.

19.Mina says she can't take it anymore, but Ash tells her to talk it out with him.

20.Mina tells him about her dreams of the Iron Dominion's conquest. She is especially terrified at Nicole's ability to use everything in the city to enslave people for the Iron Dominion.

21.She says that she doesn't care if Sonic says that Nicole is back to normal, she's still paranoid that she could lose control again.

22.She wants to trust Nicole the way Sonic does, but if she lost control again, it would be her nightmares all over again.

23.Ash says that it's been rough on a lot of people.

24.Mina says that it's like the Freedom Fighters can't see the possible danger, they fly away, save the day, and think everything's perfect again.

25.Ash suggests using their new album to voice her concerns.

26.Mina agrees that maybe they can use their new sound to get people to think about what's going on.

27.Mina compliments Ash and leaves with him to start writing music.

28.Sonic and Geoffrey get Nicole to prepare the star posts to open the Special Zone.

29.Sonic asks how Hershey's doing, causing Geoffrey to fall silent with a sour expression. He then strikes a smile, saying that she's good and "deep under cover."

30."I won't be seeing her for a while."

31."Ah, that's rough, man."

32.Nicole prepares the star posts and the two enter the Special Zone.

33.Even though Geoffrey claims that he's read the reports about the place and he can handle it, he's surprised at the visuals.

34.Feist appears and says that he will not tolerate this infestation of mortals.

35.Sonic reminds him of who he is and Feist says he recalls him.

36.Feist asks him if he's come for another Emerald, Sonic asks if it's okay.

37.Feist says that he will allow it as long as he plays his game and abides by his rules, unlike those "others" (Team Dark).

38.Sonic agrees, but wonders about what "others" would know about the place.

39.Geoffrey suggests that Feist pit he and Sonic against one another so that the odds are halved of either of them walking away with the Gem.

40.Feist approves, but Sonic is less than happy about the idea.

41.Geoffrey tells him to relax and that between the two of them, this should be a snap.

42."Y'know, I like this a lot better than our old grudges."

43."The hatchet is officially buried, then, you looney child?"

44."Better a loon than a stinky wanna-be, Skunky."

45.Feist begins the challenge and Sonic takes off. Geoffrey remains stoic.

46.Sonic easily avoids the mines and retrieves the Emerald.

47."Ba-Dah-Dah-Dah-Bah-Dah!"

48."Sheesh, Geoff, you didn't even try!"

49.Geoffrey shoots Sonic with a tranquilizer bullet.

50."I didn't need to, Mate."

51.Feist is delighted by this treachery.

52.Geoffrey grabs the Emerald and leaves the Special Zone.

53.Nicole asks where Sonic is, but Geoffrey doesn't answer.

54.Geoffrey heads for Mammoth Mogul's casino.

55.He runs into Scratch and asks if his boss is in. Scratch says he's busy, but Geoffrey insists that his schedule just opened up.

56.Coconuts appears with some Swat-Bot bouncers and says that nobody sees Mogul without an appointment.

57.Geoffrey deals with Coconuts and appears in Mogul's office with him clutched in his hand.

58."Y-y-your eleven o'clock is here, sir."

59.Mogul notices the Chaos Emerald and says that he doesn't have enough chips to exchange for it.

60.Geoffrey says that he's not there to gamble, he's there to barter.

61.Mogul says that he's retired from "daily antagonism" and that he has no use for another Chaos Emerald.

62.Geoffrey says that it isn't for him and that it's the key to completing his mission.

63.Mogul asks him what his mission is, and Geoffrey replies that it is to "restore the True King to the throne."

64.Geoffrey looks at Naugus, ending the story.

65.The Sonic Colors adaptation begins with Sonic and Tails arriving at Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park.

66.Tails is dizzy from the ride up. Sonic asks if he's going to be okay, but Tails says he's fine.

67."Now -- let's find out what ol' Eggman's up to with this amusement park."

68.Sonic spots Orbot and Cubot trying to capture several Wisps.

69.He saves them and the Laser Wisp phases into his body.

70.He uses the Laser Wisp's powers to ricocchet into several Egg Pawns.

71.Cubot and Orbot retreat.

72.The Laser Wisp phases out of Sonic's body and Sonic asks how they did that.

73.Yacker answers him, but he doesn't understand it.

74.Tails uses a handheld different from the one in the game to translate Yacker's speech.

75."The omelet-dictator has cab-toured their plant bet to use their fools."

76.Tails corrects this error and tells Sonic that Eggman has captured their planet and is using their kind as fuel.

77."Don't you worry, little talkative ghostly-alien guy!"

78."His name is Yacker. He's a Wisp."

79."Don't worry, Yacker the Wisp! I'll save your planet and your friends!"

80.Sonic asks the Wisps (every Wisp in the game, minus the Void Wisp) to lend him their powers on this adventure.

81.They rush off to put a stop to Eggman's plans, ending the issue.

82.There's also a funny Off-Panel strip that makes fun of Geoffrey's unstable loyalty.

That's all she wrote!

I'm sure she can retain all those things and still be in a relationship. And wait, is combat ability your measure of character in this case? That's kinda what it looks like. Ha, another case of a woman only being respected for her body, but in a different sort of way. This comes back to what I was talking about before, how she hits stuff with her hammer, and not that much else*. Meanwhile, This storyline about the robotic animals and the oil refinery (Has the death egg ever been in the comic?) developed Bunnie's relationship with her uncle and her uncle's conflict with the sand blasters, meanwhile Amy continues to be a heroic goon. When was the last time she did something important aside from hitting it with a hammer?

*I don't follow the comic very closely, is her personality really come that far?

Dude, I could have sworn that I replied to this. Damn laptop.

Amy did save those Chao from Snively if I recall even though that might not be considered important and she did go toe to toe with the Iron King(forgot his name) when Sonic couldn't. Also while Sonic, Tails, and Khan were away, she led the Freedom Fighters to fight off the Iron Dominion and defend Knothole without Chaotix and G.U.N. agents reinforcements. Yeah, she has grown up a bit in this series.

And no, combat ability is not my measure for development as the previous paragraph has indicated. Lets back track a bit here. Amy,before, was nothing but a Sonic fangirl. We can all agree on that whether you like the character or not. Then she became an obsessed hedgehog who only wanted to marry Sonic. Suddenly she got some bad ass training from resident "nothing but a romantic interest" Julie Su, and became a Freedom Fighter herself. This comic had the history of being an overconvulted Sonic love fanfiction. Amy as a capable fighter with an interest in Sonic that will never get reciprocated, I approve. As for whether or not if it is possible for Amy to keep her development and maintain a relationship, it depends on the writer really.

Edited by turbojet

• Sonic News

Well, actually, Sonic's NEVER really been allowed to cry. This has been something that has been enforced across a couple continuities since the days of SatAM. A few scenes got by SEGA, but not many.

Like an actual cover? That's been used in a lot of "sad state of Sonic" memes?

Ha, should have known St John would back stab Sonic. Although, interesting point about Hershey. Is this Archie Comics way of getting rid of her so Penders doesn't have any hold on them anymore?

Ha, should have known St John would back stab Sonic. Although, interesting point about Hershey. Is this Archie Comics way of getting rid of her so Penders doesn't have any hold on them anymore?

Penders never had a hold on them in the first place. All characters created are owned by SEGA. Not even Archie owns them. Penders, as well as Flynn and every other Archie Sonic Comic writer have to sign a contract which basically states that all characters are copyright to Sega, and I believe all stories written, as well, are copyright to either Archie or Sega.

Penders may have created some characters, but he doesn't have any hold on them; they're basically just fan characters. The only thing he can do is heavily alter the characters' appearances, as well as backstories (to eliminate any reference to SEGA-owned property) at which point he may be able to do something.