Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Now that I remember, there's another thing that to me is a minus point for a possible attempt of revamping ArchieSonic Characters to the japanese continuity...

HAIR!!!

That's right! Most of the american continuity characters have hair, whereas the japanese ones may have them but it's more subtle and more nicelly stuck to their design...

Edited by XRick

That is entirely Uekawa's fault. However, recent character designs show that he is indeed coming around.

Now he just needs to draw Metal Knuckles so I can forgive him.

Speaking of, WHY ISN'T METAL KNUCKLES IN THE COMICS YET m,bfajkbfklabvgfkajlbal;bvgkajsbfl;asbgukagfkla

Is there no way for any of us to contact Uekawa, or at least send him a message that he ends up reading for real, stating the characters we'd love to see him bring into the actual games generation?

Long time ago they did Sonic/Shadow?Metal, and I don't even think the others were around then (Evil Sonic sucked back then). And yes, the Sonics vs Metals Fight was excellent. As was the all hedgehogs fight. There's also Sonic X who actually took on the Super Sonic/Super Shadow fight we should have had in SA2. (that, the SOAP Shoes, and the Knuckles/Shadow fighter are literally the only good things about that show) I am waiting for the inevitable Super Sonic vs Super Scourge fight. I'm also hoping for a Super Sonic/ transformed Jet race, just to watch the egos collide.

Hmm. As it seems, it's actually the games who are underusing the rivalry battles. Though the Rivals games were a good start, save the roster of the second one.

You do realize not that long ago, Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Anti-Amy, Scourge, Metal, and bunch of other hedgehogs whom I don't care about, duked it out in a batte royal, actually when Scourge first came to be, he fought Sonic, and Shadow.

You do realize not that long ago, Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Anti-Amy, Scourge, Metal, and bunch of other hedgehogs whom I don't care about, duked it out in a batte royal, actually when Scourge first came to be, he fought Sonic, and Shadow.

There's a huge ass difference between a hedgehog battle (which also needed to be done, and was glorious), and a battle of Sonic's speed based rivals (& Knuckles)

There's a huge ass difference between a hedgehog battle (which also needed to be done, and was glorious), and a battle of Sonic's speed based rivals (& Knuckles)

There was also a battle royal between Sonic, Shadow, and Metal all of Sonic's main speed rivals, what more do you want?

That was long before all these new guys even existed...and now I'm starting to repeat myself. It'd help if you went back a page or two and read some on my reponses to other questions.

There's another thing I just remembered...

Wouldn't it be nice if there were some plot-twisting event in the japanese continuity that allowed Amy to grow to around Sonic's age, like it happened in the american continuity to explain her classic to adventure change in design?

• Bad Quality Post 2

There's another thing I just remembered...

Wouldn't it be nice if there were some plot-twisting event in the japanese continuity that allowed Amy to grow to around Sonic's age, like it happened in the american continuity to explain her classic to adventure change in design?

No. There's no reason to age Amy up, and even if there was, some contrived magic age-change poof would only feel...well, contrived.

First off, it's a bad idea no matter what character we're looking at.

Bean FUCKIN' Dynamite!

Why do we always say that it isn't possible to transplant characters with the same personality? Last I checked, Eggman is short of being a threat anymore and having a goon squad that consisted of Bean, Bark, and Fang/Nack whatever would make him more comical and dangerous at the same time without feeling like a rehash to Hedgehog syndrome. If any character can be placed in the games without being Archie universified, it's those three since they are villains and can be shown to be the quirky mini-boss squad that is not Team Dark and actually are the bad guys.

And why the sudden interest in Mina of all characters? Wasn't she a blatant Mary-Sue who just happened to train herself to be fast and thrown in as a love interest to Sonic? The hell with that. I don't see how Bunnie can be insterted in the games since Eggman/Robotnik never roboticized creatures and only placed animals in robots which stopped in SA2.

I feel like Mina fits comfortably because she has a lot going while staying relatively simple. She has speed, she plays music, she has couple potential. Compare that to a character like Shade who would've been harder to fit into any game without massive backstory. A game with Mina doesn't need to be about Mina.

About Bean, Bark and Fang, since they have too short to almost no background story in the japanese continuity, yeah I think they could easily be "reincarnated" in a nicely way.

About Mina and Bunnie, Mina I'd like to see her in the japanese continuity, as long as her design were just a little bit changed so as to maintain her the way she is but at the same time resemble the style used in Japan; Bunnie, most likely, would have to be very revamped in her design, have the reason of her cybernetic implants changed, and so to some of her background story...

Now, for even other characters... No idea as of yet... Any other ideas, guys?

About Bean, Bark and Fang, since they have too short to almost no background story in the japanese continuity, yeah I think they could easily be "reincarnated" in a nicely way.

About Mina and Bunnie, Mina I'd like to see her in the japanese continuity, as long as her design were just a little bit changed so as to maintain her the way she is but at the same time resemble the style used in Japan; Bunnie, most likely, would have to be very revamped in her design, have the reason of her cybernetic implants changed, and so to some of her background story...

Now, for even other characters... No idea as of yet... Any other ideas, guys?

I guess they can introuduce Finitevus as Ix's Starscream. And Lien-Da as a part of...whatever the hell Ix's army was called.

Does Ix and Finitevus have any semblances to any japanese continuity characters?

EDIT: Oh wait! Ix is Sonic Chronicles' Main Antagonist, right?

He's the leader of the Nocturne Clan, the Marauders.

Edited by XRick

Bean FUCKIN' Dynamite!
Bean's originally a game character. As are Bark and Fang. It wouldn't be bringing in Archie characters so much as reviving and repurposing old, unused game characters with some inspiration from the comics.

As for Sally, I don't know how they'd fit her in the japanese continuity with the deep, deep backstory she does have...

For all the others, unless a miracle "Sonic Chronicles 2" comes out, and it expands even more on the Echidnas' backstory, you may never see characters like those as well...

I don't give a frag about the canon, I'd just like for some of them to be playable, even in something like Sonic Free Riders :|

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't give a frag about the canon, I'd just like for some of them to be playable, even in something like Sonic Free Riders :|

Edited by Darkfox

Bean's originally a game character. As are Bark and Fang. It wouldn't be bringing in Archie characters so much as reviving and repurposing old, unused game characters with some inspiration from the comics.

Pretty much this.

I'd much, MUCH rather them use Nack, Bean or Bark again before putting in comic characters into the games, however I am not opposed to the idea.

I think most of the comic characters could work in the right game, I wouldn't like to see any of the parent characters though and I think Snively, while he could work, is a little redundant as long as we get to have Eggman with Metal Sonic or some other bots as his right hand henchmen.

The Freedom Fighters though I think would be cool although a game explanation for them would need to be in order as their existance is to be in direct oppostition to Dr.Robotnik who lets face it in the games is more of a comedy-type joke than the real evil bastard he is/was in the comics. As a Sally fan I'd like to see her in, but I can see why she wouldn't really fit. Game Sonic doesn't suffer from mass exposure as in we get to see him for short amounts of time during the games and in that time we see action and little else. That's fine for the games but when we're talking the comics the character would feel rather flat if we didn't see a little emotion and development, hence why Sally (ie the love interest) can work in the comics but in the games not so much.

In the same sense I can't see why people at all are considering Mina to be a good candidate?? :blink: I find her character rather boring, good filler for the comics, but boring really. I mean she isn't really all that great of a character design and her abilities are speed....yeah that's original.

The one character I do see being highly compatitable for game conversion is: Bunnie. Just look at her recent art, she practically looks SEGA Sonic made and can't you just imagine (well you don't have to with a few image searches) an official looking Uekawa art for her? The roboticization thing might be a snag, but a small one at that. I know some people will claim Robotnik never actually robotcized anyone in the games but that is disputable. A small tweak here and there and I think Bunnie could really be a worthy candidate.

Add to that her actual gameplay potential; Super strength in one arm, booster feet for flight/speed, extendable limbs - I think she'd really be great to play as.

Other characters I could see, Archimedes the fireant, I dunno I reckon he'd be pretty cool, we need a few uniqur looking characters back in Sonic. Dr.Finitevus, that is if they ever decide link Knuckles with his original Angel Island/Master emerald/Guardian thing and do something other then tagging along on Sonic's adventures. If they gave Knuckles his own games and recurring villain I would really like to see Finitevus, obviously with a complete overhaul to his origin but his design is great to stay. I always figured he'd be a cool "awakened" evil maybe like a mummy-type thing, a villain from Echidna past that Knuckles would have to deal with now. It would be cool because it could touch upon the last of his kind stuff and Finitevus would have all the answers (maybe) or at least old knowledge of Echidna history, so he'd be savvy to Angel Island in ways Knuckles wouldn't be and he'd make for a sly and tough villian.

Eh just my thoughts.

Now onto #219. Won't be bothered with spoilers so if you don't wanna know who the traitor is do not read!

First off, I loved the Sonic colours adaptation! That was Yardley's penciling right? If he drew like that all the time I wouldn't mind him doing the pages of the comic more! Not the covers though, never the covers. But yeah I loved it, looed really great.

Now the main story...

I think they could've handled it alot better, I mean I am only assuming, but it does really seem like Geoffrey St.John is the traitor, no crossing or playing about it.

The way I see it they could've played it like this:

Geoffrey learns of Hershey's kidnapping or imprisonment at _____ whoever's hands and is ransomed for her freedom. He approaches the king for approval of leading a military/spy/whatever profession Geoffrey is - team to go secure her freedom. (Is Geoffrey special ops military of the kingdom? I always assumed he was) Anyways the King, (still keeping him a little loopey in the head) rejects Geoffrey's request, hence now Geoffrey goes behind his back. We would learn of all this a bit later but in the meantime; Geoffrey instead manages to manipulate the King into thinking he desires a Chao Emerald for "safety" (hey you always need a Chaos Emerald right?) so gets approval for a mission to the special zone, all the stuff we saw in the comic goes down...etc blah blah blah: so he gets Sonic involved but then betrays him taking the emerald, but he goes off against orders to rescue Hershey knowing that Sonic will damn well follow him. Geoffrey would use the emerald to gain an audience with Hershey's kidnappers but then he will turn on them but seeing as he doesn't have the team he initially wanted to do the rescue he is outnumbered and bound to fail. Cue Sonic the hedgehog who is oblivious to all this but has tracked down Geoffrey because we all know he would. Sonic then learns the truth and is the deciding kicking-ass factor in beating these kidnappers.

Geoffrey explains that he would never have swayed the King in his deteriorating mind state to let him take a military team here and that in breaking orders he will more than likely pay (court marshalled or some junk) but keeping Sonic out of the loop absolves him from any blame of being part of the rescue.

I'd like it this way as Geoffrey seems alot smarter than Sonic and still gets to be a bit of a douche, two qualities I've always associated with him, and we don't just get another lame out of the blue "This guy's now a traitor" story.

Unfortunately that's the way I think they've gone with this one. I can't believably see Geoffrey as the traitor though, not seeing as he's pretty much like leader of Kingdom Acorn military whatever and basically a patriot. I'm digging his new clothes though. Way better than the pink junk he used to wear back in the day.

EDIT: Also this: Ian Flynn teases the upcoming year of Sonic comics.

Edited by The-Master-Board

It seems Amy knows Shadow, better than he knows himself, and I'm sure she's right

*Waits to see everyone's reactions*