Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Or he's acting like a soldier following orders and treating the casulties that stand in the way of obtaining the goal as collateral. And anyway, Shadow has never exactly been Mr.Nice-guy, I'm sure he wouldn't go out of his way to smack Amy down but if she's in his way and fighting back I don't see it as that much of a stretch to see him do what he does here.

Does it really matter that they didn't have the emerald and were trying to explain such? Not really. Team Dark at the time are still under the assumption, and had no reason to believe otherwise, that the girls still have the Sol Emerald. Given how much power Blaze displayed that they may have been priorly unsavvy to, a little overprecaution seems like a good option. Furthermore how would that have improved the story?

No fight between Team Dark and Team Rose would've totally rewritten the ending as there would have been no distraction for Team Hooligan to get away.

I don't see any complaints about how Rouge is out of character. As I recall she has never fought exceptionally dirty in the games before, yet in this issue she kicks Blaze in the back then drops her in the head with an elbow....but that isn't happening against your favourite character so I guess it's alright?

I like them to stick to the games characterisation but a little artistic liberty is ok provided it isn't unbelievably out of character.

Or it's like you stealing my lunch money, my friend going and telling the teacher without your knowledge, you getting in trouble then confronting me to punch me in the face because as far as you know it was me who ratted on you whilst I try to explain it wasn't me, but the punch still happens as fights aren't exactly civilized debates or turn based RPG's where you cast "explain everything before get punched in face".

Shadow still thinks they have the emerald, his mission is still to get the emerald (if you have actually read SU issues, which I have to wonder if you have or have not due to your selective reading of the comic, then you would know how angsty Shadow has been over his "failed" past missions for G.U.N. He's pretty much been determined to do his best ever since to get a mission done properly.)

Amy is but an obstacle in the way of a completed mission, if she were a spectator he wouldn't go out of his way to be an ass towards her, but she is confronting him, she gets what she gets. Hell if anyone is wronged here by Shadow it is Blaze. She saved Shadow twice back in SU#1 and gave up a Chaos emerald that she was using to find the Sol emeralds just so that Shadow could get home.

"For acting cool and calm under pressure, he sure handled that well"??

Have you played Sth? There's a little move in there called "Chaos blast" which is pretty much the Sonic series version of "Hulk smash"; Shadow gets uber pissed off goes on a rampage etc. I wouldn't exactly call Shadow "cool and calm", there's a difference between acting apathetic and angsty to cool and calm.

That would all be well and good if you actually did provide any other reasons besides a Sonic/Amy pairing like, but if you care to go back and look you have provided little (or nothing) besides that. All you have said is that Amy being on the cover of that new issue seeing Sonic and Sally together is insulting. Well why would that be?.....because it's insulting to a Sonic/Amy paring? And beyond that where else have you said anything else on the matter of why Amy is mistreated? I would gladly debate other reasons but you have provided none yet claim to. That is the reason why as you say I have "thrown Sonamy in your face".

I'm not even a person who really cares for pairings, though I will admit I do like Sally and Sonic, but I'm not the kind of person who gets annoyed without it. However I do get annoyed when somebody rags on the Sonic Sally thing and makes out Amy's character has been defiled somehow only for the reason of her not being with Sonic.

Have a look at the games of which you hold Shadow's portrayal so high, Amy has been chasing Sonic to no avail for a good what 18 years? Her inclusion in SA was to run away from a robot for a whole level. In Sth'06 they gave her ridiculous invisibilty powers out of nowhere for no reason so she could hide from enemies and not in the cool stealthy kick ass ninja way like Espio, but more of a degrading kind of way. She has been portrayed as psychotic and needy. The games have treated her very poorly, in the comics she's a tough independant girl who's a real threat and who the FF have come to rely on as back-up now. Some might say even Tails has yet to get this kind of respect from the FF as he's still treated like the resident kid. In the comics she likes Sonic but it isn't the same kind of creepy "self professed girlfriend" way like in the games.

If you have any discontent with the character the games are where your hate should be aimed, but it's not is it? Why is that? Because there is no one coverting Sonic's affections in the games therefore Amy has a "chance", but in the comics Amy is "mistreated" cuz she has to see Sonic and Sally together? Gimme a break.

If you come on forums and expect to bitch about things then you should expect other people to have differing opinions and bitch about things too. I don't see childish insults, I was trying to lighten the mood a little with robot related humor :lol: and frankly I was being civil, at least, civil enough to not resort to swearing like you have done.

The robot thing was a joke pointing out that your comments pretty much seemed as though you'd run the comic as though the characters had no emotions. Really, would you want that? I can understand peoples dislike of the comic having love triangles and drama shoehorned into everything and feeling like some bad teen tv drama show, but a comic where there is absolutely NO love or relationships is just as bad if not worse.

The comics are a snippet of life, albeit in this case the lives of anthropomorpic animals, and what is life without love?

Maybe you should stoop to my level of idiocy, I at least don't judge a comic based on my favourite pairing not being prominent and claim the character is somehow wronged because, and only because of it.

~~~~

Hmm I'm thinking that it's gonna end up being Geoffrey or the King that ends up screwing Sonic over. The Mina thing, if it is only a little side bit and not entirely dependant on the main story to make sense is pretty cool. It's that sort of extra depth that I like in the comics, a bit of extra stuff that isn't exactly needed but is there to add to the believabilty of this deep world. I mean the IQ arc stuff must've had effects on people, and I'm not just talking about main cast characters who have to go deal with side stories and things like that, but just how it effects characters later on in almost meaningless to the main plot terms of things. It's just depth. I like a little continuation, not like usual when we have Tails come back from Cocoa island and it's not mentioned again, a little panel with Sonic's ruffling his hair and complimenting him on his first "solo adventure as main hero" would've been nice, or some segue between the Sandblast arc and this one - not Sonic just popping up and the next story continues. It helps the stories to flow and feel like one big encompassing thing and not just a series of singular events.

I wonder if anyone has been more vigilant than most in keeping count of the Chaos/Sol emeralds? I'd like to know as I'm unsure as to who has what in their possession at the moment. G.U.N has the one Team Dark procured from Feist....and possibly the one Shadow was given by Blaze when he returned home? Doesn't Mogul have the one that they used to get Tails' parents back from that alien planet? If I remember correctly Mogul extorted it from the kingdom for safe return of Mighty, Tails and Mina?

Then Blaze has at least one Sol emerald....and another is currently in the hands of Team Hooligan. I'm just wondering why G.U.N would be going after the Sol emeralds instead of the Chaos Emeralds unless they have hit a snag or run out, I mean there are only seven....must've run out of Chaos emeralds and decided to go for Sol ones, unless there is some military intelligence they have that we don't know of yet? Perhaps relating to some big event that somehow effects the future and ties into Silver's SU arc?

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Okay, both of you, can we stop with the snarking at each other? if you want to genuinely debate, fine, you're both making valid and interesting points. But this whole topic is thick with aggression and tension between the two of you. I know that I, for one, feel almost nervous posting in here when things are so strained. Can we all please try to lighten up a little and not get so offended by each other's opinions?

Anyhow... Personally, I love Sally as a character. Adore her. She is one of my all-time favourite female characters ever. But I do not like Sonic/Sally or Sonic/anyone really in any canon, and it does my head in in Archie Sonic. I don't like how the comics dissolve into a melodramatic soap opera whenever that pairing rears its head. I'd read Archie's other offerings if I wanted a romance/drama book. Having said that, I'm hopeful that there'll be plenty enough action soon enough with the whole traitor thing and the anniversary issue riding up quickly. I may just have to glaze over a few issues in the meanwhile, but no big loss. To be the comics have always been hit and miss. Some issues and arcs I've loved, others I loathe, and many I'm just 'eh' about. But I keep reading for the occasional gem, and of course the icon/avatar/banner fodder =D

Okay, both of you, can we stop with the snarking at each other? if you want to genuinely debate, fine, you're both making valid and interesting points. But this whole topic is thick with aggression and tension between the two of you. I know that I, for one, feel almost nervous posting in here when things are so strained. Can we all please try to lighten up a little and not get so offended by each other's opinions?

Anyhow... Personally, I love Sally as a character. Adore her. She is one of my all-time favourite female characters ever. But I do not like Sonic/Sally or Sonic/anyone really in any canon, and it does my head in in Archie Sonic. I don't like how the comics dissolve into a melodramatic soap opera whenever that pairing rears its head. I'd read Archie's other offerings if I wanted a romance/drama book. Having said that, I'm hopeful that there'll be plenty enough action soon enough with the whole traitor thing and the anniversary issue riding up quickly. I may just have to glaze over a few issues in the meanwhile, but no big loss. To be the comics have always been hit and miss. Some issues and arcs I've loved, others I loathe, and many I'm just 'eh' about. But I keep reading for the occasional gem, and of course the icon/avatar/banner fodder =D

I have no qualms about saying my piece and moving on. What I don't like (and will be vocal about) is if I feel someone is putting down my comments by labeling me as something that I might or might not happen to be. Then it's on like Donkey Kong.

That said, I'm not really fighting with him anymore, as I've merely tried to counter back his logic with more of my own in my last few posts, so please don't take it as aggressive.

And I think what you said about the comics being hit and miss resounds with my own resolution for enjoying the artistic side of it. While I have my favorite pencillers like J.Axer and Dawn Best, I do enjoy looking at more recent work done by Yardley and Peppers since they seem far more expressive and closer in model to Uewaka's own style. But they have a few hit and misses there (like Shadow's expression in one of the earlier issues of SU). Or complete WTF, such as Ron Lim's tenure as a penciler. I could not for the life of me get past his off model lanky style (which is something I enjoy in Steven Butler's pencilling), and he made any Sonic/anthro character ugly as sin with "Tic Tac' eyes as my brother would call it.

But then if you saw how he drew humans, you wouldn't even think it was the same guy. X

Edited by KittyNakajima

Some awesome news; according to Tracey Yardley's Wizard World page, he's slated to write a four-issue SU arc in 2011! IMO, Tracey's Sonic X stories were great, so this is sure to be as well!

http://www.wizardworld.com/tracyyardley.html

Yardley...writes?!? This is news to me. And if he wrote stories for Sonic X, I don't know if I paid close attention after fans got pissed about that one penciller who they proved did mere copies of screenshots from Sonic X.

If I might weigh in on the subject of Amy, I haven't seen her do anything apart from her not being able to get a moment in edgewise with Sonic and be what amounts to a goon for the freedom fighters. She seems to have no particular involvement with the plot beyond hitting it with a hammer occasionally. The stories she is actively involved in are very seldom relevant to her interests beyond the generic end of overthrowing the dictator of the week. Now there's "treasure team tango", which seems to currently exist to fill time in Sonic Universe get back Blaze's Sol Emeralds.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that it's funny how SonAmy fans overreact, and get upset over a cover. People at the Sega.com forums are really getting upset.

Edited by Darkfox
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I think that it's funny how SonAmy fans overreact, and get upset over a cover. People at the Sega.com forums are really getting upset.

I've been hanging out over at the SEGA forums, and they are not overreacting. They're merely wondering why they had to choose Amy of all characters to be on the cover with a confused/shocked expression concerning the main focus/what was going on in front of her. A lot of them were merely saying that having those two characters on the cover (i.e. Sonic and Sally) was merely enough of a tease for their supporters already, so having her there looking on was merely overkill/unnecessary. And given the her treatment in recent issues such as SU #22, a lot of them were already freshly annoyed about her characterization.

Granted someone over there has been making hilarious edits of the cover artwork like Sonic and Amy or even Shadow and Sonic, but still. They're just merely feel as if things like that alienate them from even picking the comic up to skim through.

Some of them are also annoyed as they feel that this type of cover/story goes against SEGA's so called "mandate", which Flynn has claimed prevents him from doing certain things in the comics, such as pairing certain characters up or even using certain characters, which depending on how he's worded it also included Sonic not being in a exclusive relationship. Though with the way he's shipteasing on that cover, a lot of them are not convinced.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's because people who love pairings usually are a little cuuurazy.

That being said I like Sonic and Sally, I wouldn't fight tooth and nail to see it happen and put down any other possible pairing or flame another female character due to her being Sonic's current love interest, but I do like Sonic Sally, but I also wouldnt mind seeing Sonic Blaze, or even Sonic Elise, provided they ever add her.

In the games though, not really. That's what I like about the comics, less restrictions and another medium where you can have stories and things like "girlfriends" for the characters.

@kittynkajima Lol, what "mandate"? I'd hardly think SEGA would force the guys at the comics to never have Sonic in any kind of more than friends relationship, take the earlier days of the comic for instance, Sonic and Sally moments were a staple of the comics.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sonamy fans should get real and stop bitching about this. It's Archie's Sonic, Sonic and Sally have been a thing in there since like forever. I don't go to the beach and then bitch about how I got sand in my pants (well actually I do, but my friends just think I'm an arse then)

The worst thing about this so called Amy shiptease cover is the artwork. I think I could draw a better cover if I threw a Sonic shaped sponge dabbed in paint at the paper! It could not have been displayed at a worse time too what with having to display next to SU#25 cover's badassery.

I really wanna know more about Team Hooligan. Nack isn't the kind of guy to have a team, besides in #22 he's talking lines such as "I don't have time for your brand of crazy today Bean" suggesting they have been working together or at least Nack knows of Bean and they haven't just been shoved together prior to this arc. Also Nack is shown to know of the Babylon Rogues during the last panel of the issue.

I'm just really intrigued to know the reasons behind Team Hooligan's formation and what they actually know of each other and everything else.

Nack better get some loving in the next issue! I'd really like if they made the final to this arc a few pages longer than usual, afterall the comic is just going to end up being a big free for all brawl and scramble for the Sol emerald and I reckon that deserves/needs pages to get the scale of such a massive group of characters all fighting across.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Bad Quality Post 2

• Sonic News
@kittynkajima Lol, what "mandate"? I'd hardly think SEGA would force the guys at the comics to never have Sonic in any kind of more than friends relationship, take the earlier days of the comic for instance, Sonic and Sally moments were a staple of the comics.

Actually, according to Ian, SEGA HAS mandated against long term love relationships between Sonic and any other character.

I'm grateful for that, frankly. Gives us Big X Sally shippers some hope!

Come on, Ian, Sally deserves a big bundle of kitty love like Big!

Seriously though, all this shipper nonsense does annoy me. Ian's been handling it decently enough as of yet, but the shippers...oyvey can they overreact.

Considering the mandate, an issue synopsis based pretty much completely on Sonic/Sally hooking up again did surprise me. Hopefully the anniversary build-up/issue won't focus too much on their soap opera make-up-break-up issues.

I've read the issue, and the fact that Shadow basically powered on like some heavy handed idiot against her, especially in the second confrontation where she was trying to explain they didn't have said emerald/not fight was ridiculous. The only reason I can think of that he'd go that hard on her was because she made HIM look like a fool earlier in the issue when she caught him off guard and gave him a good smack with her hammer, after his team had confronted hers and started the catch/grab for the Sol Emeralds. That's like me punching someone in the face when you're trying to give a plausible reason/explanation for something that's happened, and we'd fought before. For being cool and collected under pressure, he sure handled that well. (/sarcasm)

Secondly, I love how you keep throwing Sonamy in my face like I'm trying to give that as the only reason why I dislike criticize the comics/certain characters, etc. There are previous replies I've made here within the course of the topic that back that up, as well as my previous replies to you concerning specific couples and such, and yet you keep shoving Sonamy/Amy love down my throat. But if you want to hear me say it, then YES. I am a fan of both. So what? And no, that does not cloud my judgment or make me any less apt at criticizing anything about this comic, as I've been critical of them as characters or as a couple within the comic? So that line of logic falls flat on its face.

That said, I have not been waving it in your face, so why wave it in mine? You have repeatedly insulted both my intelligence and my commentary on this particular issue by resorting to childish insults as well as using a pairing/character that I happen to enjoy to further that. I could give a rat's ass what you think about my opinion personally, but for fuck's sake, be civil about it, as I fail to see what calling me an emotionless robot/anti-this or that has to do with the topic at hand. I also do not post a lot, so when I do, you can bet I have a lot to say about the topic at hand. I admit I had a moment of weakness given the content in my last post, but I will not and SHALL not stoop to your level of idiocy when making commentary in this topic.

Whether or not you choose to regard any or none of what I've said is completely up to you, but I've said my piece so I'm moving on.

And now, for something completely different, as I originally said this in the SEGA forums' topic concerning issue #219's preview:

After seeing this and remembering all that crap that went down in the mid-180's, I wonder why this King Max is even still around. He's basically a bigoted, feeble-minded/crippled old man who's losing his composure rather quickly. I really don't see much point to having him linger around and/or say something that makes the character(s) feel uncomfortable given that his son is ruling and the government is not to his liking anymore.

If I had a neutral choice of who they should kill of next, it should be him, and I'd hope he stay dead, not because of the batshit insane character that he's been 99.9% of the time, but also because of all the **** he's been through to boot. Being lost in the Void, going senile because your brain was starting to crystallize because of said void, paralyzed, unparalyzed, poisoned, crippled, turned senile, etc.

He needs to die. It's almost like watching a real squirrel die in the street because some idiot ran over it with their car by accident and then kept backing up.

To clarify, I'm not saying it with hate, but merely out of concern. There's just been too much given to this guy that I can't imagine I'd want to see him go further down the senile path to la-la land anymore than he is right now. They let Antoine's dad die with some dignity, so I think it's the least they can do for a character who's spent most of the comic's back story causing some sort of secondary antagonism/angst for a lot of the characters.

I forgot that Ian did a quickie Shadow the Hedgehog tie in and kinda, loop in his backstory in the game to make him more consistent given that previous issues had made him more of a fighting hobo/vagrant. Then he had him in G.U.N. with Team Dark and his ass getting beat by some omnipotent panda bear deity. o_O I'm not 100% with the concept, but then again, Sonic 1 basically has birds flying around a multi-colored rainbow background while Sonic traverses the course for the emerald. *shrug*

Yeah, that pissed me off to, Shadow is supposed to be one of the strongest and most intimindating characters of any Sonic continuity and then he gets humilated like this by Amy freakin Rose. I guess Ian wants him to be the Vegeta of the series. I also hate how Shadow is so arrogant yet most of it is unfounded and unproven. Way more different than his game incarnation.

What annoys me though about Shadow's specific arrogance is that he is so full of himself that he doesn't even need to be told he's great by other characters. Despite him being bested by Enerjak, Sonic, and even Omega.

Sonic is at times arrogant but a bit insecure about it....he needed other people to tell him he's great and appreciate him/his skills.

Shadow is just so arrogant that he doesn't even need anyone to tell him he's great.

I just hate the way that he goes about it.

That's just my opinion though on his archie character. That's just how I feel about it.

I mean there's nothing really 'wrong' with it except that that's not the kind of character I tend to like, reason I dislike Vegeta and Sasuke.

I like characters that can come off as arrogant/cocky at times but have a strong foundation and can back up their place.

Shadow just pisses me off though.

At least Blaze is shown as strong.

Edited by Wisp O Color
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've been hanging out over at the SEGA forums, and they are not overreacting. They're merely wondering why they had to choose Amy of all characters to be on the cover with a confused/shocked expression concerning the main focus/what was going on in front of her. A lot of them were merely saying that having those two characters on the cover (i.e. Sonic and Sally) was merely enough of a tease for their supporters already, so having her there looking on was merely overkill/unnecessary. And given the her treatment in recent issues such as SU #22, a lot of them were already freshly annoyed about her characterization.

Granted someone over there has been making hilarious edits of the cover artwork like Sonic and Amy or even Shadow and Sonic, but still. They're just merely feel as if things like that alienate them from even picking the comic up to skim through.

Some of them are also annoyed as they feel that this type of cover/story goes against SEGA's so called "mandate", which Flynn has claimed prevents him from doing certain things in the comics, such as pairing certain characters up or even using certain characters, which depending on how he's worded it also included Sonic not being in a exclusive relationship. Though with the way he's shipteasing on that cover, a lot of them are not convinced.

This is some of what I posted over there about it:

First of all, let me start by saying this, DIFFERENT TIME, DIFFERENT PLACE, DIFFERENT WORLD!

You see, the Amy in Archie's Main Sonic Comics, is a different Amy from what you've seen in the video games, and both Sonic X's (The Anime and the comic), so if you're wondering and asking why Sonic and Sally are paired up together instead of Sonic and Amy, then hopefully there's part of your answer.

Another part (I hope) is the fact that (even through it's been said be over and over again by other fans) Amy may physically be the same age as Sonic, she's NOT actually the same age as him. Why? You may ask, because in issue 79 I believe, she used the ring of acorns to wish herself older. And yes she has shown lots a maturity over the years in the comics, she is still not the same age. Also, again she's a different Amy from what is seen in the video games and Sonic X.

Thirdly, like I said at the beginning in caps, it's a different world, time, and place, in other words, a different dimension. You don't believe me, read the 40th and final issue of Sonic X which ties in with issues 194-195 of the main comic, and you'll see what I mean, and again (hopefully, praying real hard it does) answer some questions in this whole SonSal pairing instead of SonAmy.

So that's all I'm going to say on it here. Want to hear more of what I have to say about it, tune into my youtube channel, which is also under bwrosas, to get more.

God Bless.

PS, STOP WITH THE COVER CHANGES, PLEASE!

As well as this:

The reason fans argue Amy's place on the cover, is because the majority of them ARE Amy Fans (not that there is anything wrong with that).

But another reason the fans that do argue over this, is because they're fearful that history will repeat it's self.

In other words, they fear it lead to a repeat of the actions in 134.

But, let's remember, Ian (despite how you feel about him), is not Ken or Karl, and I think (just my opinion) he will work it out that has Sonic and Sally as they were in the early issues 15-54, you know as a couple, but not a couple that's not too serious to the point that they rush into getting engaged, more like an occasional Friday Night Date Night couple, you know, going to see a movie, going out to eat a drive-in, that sort of thing.

And again (cause I have a gut feeling about this), I think Ian going to do something similar with Amy and Sally to what he did with Tails and Sonic in 178-179, (mostly 179).

I just hope this clear things up a little bit.

And finally this:

Perhaps Ian setting up Amy vs Sally, in the same manner he did with Tails Vs Sonic in 178-179.

Just a thought, because the clues are there in SU 21 and some other issues which I can't think of right now.

Edited by bwrosas

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sonamy fans should get real and stop bitching about this. It's Archie's Sonic, Sonic and Sally have been a thing in there since like forever. I don't go to the beach and then bitch about how I got sand in my pants (well actually I do, but my friends just think I'm an arse then)

The worst thing about this so called Amy shiptease cover is the artwork. I think I could draw a better cover if I threw a Sonic shaped sponge dabbed in paint at the paper! It could not have been displayed at a worse time too what with having to display next to SU#25 cover's badassery.

I don't think I have to quite answer that as others after my initial post have elaborated on it. Basically Flynn stating that things such as long term relationships and who and who can be in a relationship apparently are off limits because SEGA Licensing stated so. I'm not even trying to really argue that as a point given how much shiptease has been going around lately in this book.

Secondly, you've told me that I shouldn't go into a topic and expect someone to argue/disagree with me when posting commentary, yet you're essentially telling Sonamy fans (or any particular character fan) to drop it and move on. You can't have it both ways, honey, and if you want to debate, I suggest you leave that heavy handed bias behind in the wind.

@bwrosas - And just like on the SEGA forum, I'm gonna say the same exact thing. So what if it's a different universe? People who like the character or any other have as much right to criticize the goings on in the comic just as much as you do. If you want to go about writing off continuities like that, that's good and fine, but don't go around saying that people have little to no right to point out things they like/dislike about it.

Furthermore, please do not cut and paste if you aren't going to be constructive, since I know you have a tendency towards spamming topics with one sentence or a 10-15 minute video describing comic issues panel by panel from my tenure at Sonicanime.net. -_-;;

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Ahh Shipping wars, Ian has no idea the fire he's just started.

Anyway I finally read SU 22, and it was awesome. You guys are annoyed that Shadow beat up Amy, keep in mind he was humiliated a few pages before something I don't think he appreciates, what is Shadow gonna do, let Amy wail on him? Hell no. Besides its not like he went all out, he didn't even use one Chaos Spear something he normally always uses. What I'm saying is, Amy has a hammer, Shadow has his fucking Chaos Powers who did you think was going to win?

And about Shadow's arrogance, you'd have a pretty big ego too, if you had as much power as he did, besides its not like he shoves it down people's throats like Sonic usually does, Shadow knows he's awesome, he doesn't need to say it, it kinda fits his character, besides he obviously cares telling Blaze to stay down.

Also I love how Nack was afraid of Amy, it shows she has some credibility as a fighter, and is more well known. Shit I love Tean Hooligan already, specifically Bean, he has all the best lines.

Omega may be comic relief, but its a lot more interesting than his bland game counterpart.

I feel you guys are just butthurt, because its not what [you/i] want, or designed to your taste. Amy's already a main character in the games, so I think another continuity isn't so bad to give it to someone else, besides Sally's was around, long before Amy became a freedom fighter.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yeah, that pissed me off to, Shadow is supposed to be one of the strongest and most intimindating characters of any Sonic continuity and then he gets humilated like this by Amy freakin Rose. I guess Ian wants him to be the Vegeta of the series. I also hate how Shadow is so arrogant yet most of it is unfounded and unproven. Way more different than his game incarnation.

What annoys me though about Shadow's specific arrogance is that he is so full of himself that he doesn't even need to be told he's great by other characters. Despite him being bested by Enerjak, Sonic, and even Omega.

Sonic is at times arrogant but a bit insecure about it....he needed other people to tell him he's great and appreciate him/his skills.

Shadow is just so arrogant that he doesn't even need anyone to tell him he's great.

I just hate the way that he goes about it.

That's just my opinion though on his archie character. That's just how I feel about it.

I mean there's nothing really 'wrong' with it except that that's not the kind of character I tend to like, reason I dislike Vegeta and Sasuke.

I like characters that can come off as arrogant/cocky at times but have a strong foundation and can back up their place.

Shadow just pisses me off though.

At least Blaze is shown as strong.

Haha, Dragonball Z analogies. But if we're comparing Archie!Shadow to Vegeta, then yes, I'd say he personifies the latter's arrogance in this issue. Vegeta usually was somewhat cool and collected because he didn't have competition. That is, until he met Goku and got his ass handed to him nearly every time they fought.I could go into how that usually backfires on Vegeta with a ton of examples, but I think I'll settle with how after coming out of the Room of Time and Space and becoming an ascended Super Saiyan, he basically got his ass handed to him when he let Imperfect Cell find and swallow up Android #18 to become Perfect. This is how I see Shadow in this issue, as he didn't get all serious until Amy got the better of him with her hammer the first time around.

And I must agree with you on how Blaze was portrayed, as her charcterization seems consistent all along the board and then some.

Sonamy fans should get real and stop bitching about this.

Probabaly one of the most ignorant comments I heard all day. Considering it's not just SonAmy fans complainting but NON-SonAmy fans as well (fans I know of). Pointing the finger at a group, without all the facts. Also there are SonAmy fans who DO buy the comic and if they are Sonic fans and are supporting the comic with their money. Then they are very much entitled to their own opinion just like any other fan who buys the comic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Probabaly one of the most ignorant comments I heard all day. Considering it's not just SonAmy fans complainting but NON-SonAmy fans as well (fans I know of). Pointing the finger at a group, without all the facts. Also there are SonAmy fans who DO buy the comic and if they are Sonic fans and are supporting the comic with their money. Then they are very much entitled to their own opinion just like any other fan who buys the comic.

There are opinions, and then there's complaining about a couple you know wasn't going to happen to begin with. If you guys buy and read the comics, then you should know from the start that Sonamy was doomed from the start, and saying how much you hate it isn't going to change anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are opinions, and then there's complaining about a couple you know wasn't going to happen to begin with. If you guys buy and read the comics, then you should know from the start that Sonamy was doomed from the start, and saying how much you hate it isn't going to change anything.

Okay buddy, where and when has anyone here been screaming about Sonic and Amy being together in the comics as the OTP (most recently in this topic)? Please tell me, because I would like to know, as otherwise I think you're pulling that right out of you-know-where.

Come on, show me some proof. I double dare you.

Edited by KittyNakajima

Okay buddy, where and when has anyone here been screaming about Sonic and Amy being together in the comics as the OTP (most recently in this topic)? Please tell me, because I would like to know, as otherwise I think you're pulling that right out of you-know-where.

Come on, show me some proof. I double dare you.

You do know, I was responding to guy above me, and not you right? Hence why I quoted him, and not you.

SonAmy fans are nuts. They have no problem making fun of other pairings(like SonSal), but the second they feel that there SonAmy is being threated they go insane.

• Thumbs Up 1

You do know, I was responding to guy above me, and not you right? Hence why I quoted him, and not you.

That still doesn't answer my question, as all you've said is your opinion on a particular pairing as if it were fact. I am here asking you for proof, not your hearsay. Genesis was not even trying to infer Sonamy as the true/preferred/whatever pairing for the comic, just merely trying to state that other folks have been vocal and quick to criticize more recent issues concerning certain characters. Nothing else. And to back up their point about folks aside from the said "OTP" fans criticizing it - here's SEGA Forums' topic concerning #219/SU#25 cover previews.

Aside from the people making funny cover edits, you also have people pro, anti, and neutral whatever lamenting the fact that such a cover is just asking for shipping wars to happen, as well as the fact that it was somewhat insulting to the Amy's character overall. It is not just Amy or Sonamy fans upset. It's a lot of people. Stop with the bias.

Lastly, I am getting sick and tired of hearing the "it's because you're a Sonamy/Amy fan" line. Just because someone happens to be a fan of it doesn't mean they can't discern or criticize something without a clear mind. I think I've been pretty fair about arguing my points without taking that road for any of you, so I would hope you'd do the same.

SonAmy fans are nuts. They have no problem making fun of other pairings(like SonSal), but the second they feel that there SonAmy is being threated they go insane.

Who said anything about being threatened here? I hope you're not talking about all such fans, because if so, I do take some offense. That's like me as a general gamer putting down all Sonic fans because of the special black sheep that do crazy things and stand out. Please do not generalize unless you have the proof to back it up.

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'd like to mention that I got involved in all this hoopla because of how ridiculous and unbelievable the actions of the characters were that lead to this arrangement.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Did this all start over Shadow kicking Amy in the chest? *shrugs* Seems in character for Shadow to me. He's never been one to hold back on basis of gender. He's even threatened to backhand Rouge a couple of times.

Did this all start over Shadow kicking Amy in the chest? *shrugs* Seems in character for Shadow to me. He's never been one to hold back on basis of gender. He's even threatened to backhand Rouge a couple of times.

I'd like to point out that him kicking Amy's ass was awesome.

All of this started because kittynakajimma feels Amy's being mistreated in the comics, in favor of Sonic and Sally, ya know typical Shipping crap.

• Thumbs Up 1