Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh I am, I just....must.resist.spoiling.it.for.myself GNAHHHH!:blink:

If it makes you feel any better, the real meat is in the actual scenes as opposed to the summaries.

If it makes you feel any better, the real meat is in the actual scenes as opposed to the summaries.

Oh true? Thanks, but I think I'll enjoy the story and plot more than the way I will visualise it when I see it, just because I really hate the art style used on this current arc. Now had it been the same artist used as on #218 or especially #198 then I would be PUMPED for this!

Loving Archie for the forgotten character love!

Thanks to the Internet, I now have 205 issues. Well, time to get too reading. XD

Here are the previews for StH #222 and SU #25.

sth222-650.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #222

"The World Can Wait": With all the adventures, surprises and public distress, a hero needs a chance to chill out! Sonic and Sally take on a totally new kind of adventure as they venture back into the realm of being "more than friends" - or will they? Then, in "Second Impressions" Part Two: Knuckles and Dimitri - the final confrontation!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ARTIST: Steven Butler, Jon Gray, James Fry, Terry Austin, John Workman, Matt Herms

COVER: Ben Bates, Terry Austin & Matt Herms

Shipping Date: 2/16/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 2/23/2011

Newsstands: Week of 3/8/2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

su25-650.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #25

The SILVER SAGA arrives! Featuring a special "Anniversary Edition" shining silver cover, the highly anticipated four-part adventure begins this month. A strange new threat arrives in Silver the Hedgehog's time! Can our young hero battle back this mysterious force? Plus the dramatic return of the ultimate evil! It's the beginning of an epic new struggle - don't miss it!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ARTIST: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Phil Felix, Ray Dillon

COVER: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante

Shipping Date: 2/2/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 2/9/2011

Newsstands: Week of 2/22/2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

SU #25's cover really is awesome-looking! =D And "the dramatic return of the ultimate evil?" Hmm...

Oh, and it looks like Ray Dillon's colouring the Silver Saga! SWEET!

I'll echo the guys at BumbleKing when I say that the way Ben Bates draws Sally is simply wonderful. :)

Also, "Special Anniversary Edition Silver Cover"? Yessssssssss.....this reminds me of StH #25 and that's always a good thing. It'll look very nice in my collection. :D

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I can now take Silver seriously now, thank you Archie.

And I totally called Sonic & Sally getting back together, but then again who didn't see it coming?

Edited by Shadic93

Aw, did anyone notice Amy there on the side. Anyways yeah. Does anyone think this might not be the beginning of something happy? I mean it's three issues from the milestone issue which is supposed to shake things up considerably. But yeah it's a very cute cover. Bates is the guy to be when it comes to Sonic art.

Isn't he more of Blaze's enemy?

If it's like the games, he's both Blaze's and Silver's enemy.

EDIT: Kintobor is obviously Guy in disguise. That's right, she's a MALE ninja, with Nikes!

Edited by Aquaslash

Awesome!

I love me some Sonic and Sally action, they've been my favourite couple making me go "dawwww :3" since back in the day. Glad to see them (at least for now) settling down again.

I'll echo the guys at BumbleKing when I say that the way Ben Bates draws Sally is simply wonderful. :)

I like it too, but I prefer Renae Deliz's version of Sally in issue #198, manages to make her look awesome and sexy in a non furry way... :blink:

Not too big of a fan of the #222 Cover, but the SU#25! Wow! That is AWESOME! And it'll be shiny too! I miss the abundance of Spaz covers we used to get. How has this guy not been put permananetly on Sonic's covers??

I'm thinking this threat to Silver will be Eggman Nega fresh off his Treasure Team Tango cameo and plot shenanigans.

Now onto my thoughts of SU#22!

Loved it! Still hate the art style, but the pure addition of Nack, Bean and Bark make it great. Defintely a team that needs to show up more!!

What I like: Nack's portrayal, he says "freakin"! :o That's like kiddie friendly F@#ing! Something I totally see Nack being, a cussing badass! Love the way Nack looks, that guy just poses so.damn.well. Love how he has no qualms about stealing from a tiny chao or playing sneaky and watching the other teams duke it out whilst waiting in the shadows. Love his Marveous Queen. Interested to know how he knows the Babylon Rogues as he clearly has at least some knowledge of them due to what he says in the last panel. Love how Bark always looks so disgruntled but never says anything, like when he's carry the Marvelous Queen back after it's crash.

Love that Blaze is fast and that she is humble about being compared to Sonic's speed, almost (to me at least) felt as though she didn't wanna compare herslef to Sonic cuz....she likes him? Ooooo :lol:

What I disliked: Omega, his portrayal felt waaay off to me. He was too much the comedy part. While I'm not saying he shouldn't be comedic they did it all wrong. Bean is the guy for random comments, the "random comedy guy", Omega's comdy should play off other characters like him not understanding the "meatbags" emotions, like say when Cream cries he could comment saying she is leaking vital fluids her body needs to maintain optimum efficientcy or just ya know be the straight guy who's comedy comes from pointing out the stupidity of human nature or being too analytical of unrobotic things or his inability to comprehend anthro's. I didn't like that he was so random in nature saying things like "think of the trees" or telling Blaze they could burn things together. Oddball comments like that are best left to Bean. Of which another thing I disliked was the fact Bean got little funnies in. I hope he gets more time to shine in the upcoming issues.

Didn't like that whilst surveying the other two teams Nack never scoped out that Amy or possibly more were there, I mean he's a sniper! He should have sussing out situations form afar down to an art! Missed seeing his rifle too.

But most of all I hated how Nack is afraid of Amy <_<

It's Amy!? Wtf is with her surgance in popularity? To me she's always been more of a side character, I just can't take her seriously. Had it been Bunnie, Sonic or Knuckles I could understand Nack's fear, but I just hate that such a tough wiley character is scared of Amy and her hammer, it just seems lame. I mean he's gone up against Sonic with no problems for F-sake!

I also was a bit annoyed we never found out the reason behind team hooligan's formation, I mean I for one would like to know how they formed. Nack in no way seems like the kind of guy who would usually have teammates, unless of course he's got a plan to screw them over.

I hope we see all out battles between everyone next issue, and I hope Team Hooligan get alot of page time!

Edited by The-Master-Board

I think the latest issue of Sonic Universe put characters like Shadow OOC. I know they haven't interacted, but I don't think he'd go and fucking beat on a girl and/or someone weaker than him the way he did to Amy in this issue. What happened to Chaos Control/teleporting or just using enough force to disarm and restrain her as opposed to kicking the girl in the chest?

He never used that much force in the games unless it was an opponent whom he thought was a challenge, like Mephiles or even Sonic. He even took it easy on someone like Silver in Sonic '06, so yeah...what the friggin' hell. :c

I think the latest issue of Sonic Universe put characters like Shadow OOC. I know they haven't interacted, but I don't think he'd go and fucking beat on a girl and/or someone weaker than him the way he did to Amy in this issue. What happened to Chaos Control/teleporting or just using enough force to disarm and restrain her as opposed to kicking the girl in the chest?

He never used that much force in the games unless it was an opponent whom he thought was a challenge, like Mephiles or even Sonic. He even took it easy on someone like Silver in Sonic '06, so yeah...what the friggin' hell. :c

Well for me Omega is the one way out of character, for Shadow I guess a little too though I don't mind for him cuz I feel like he should be a bit more like this rather than how he is in the games, all pout and hmpf's but no dark actions to back it up. Plus Amy was asking for it, she did hit him first back in the tree...knot thing, and trash talking and parading about likes she's all that. Shadow just took her out with her own hammer, something she does, so not really that much of a beating.

Bean seemed a little out of character to usual too. I wouldn't have thought he'd stand up to Nack, questioning his judgement on the mission after they get rammed by Blaze.

I think Nack is spot on though, swearing, sneaky, scheming, all round awesome. We all know Blaze is gonna end up with the Sol emerald eventually by the arc's end, I just hope Team hooligan get to do some badass things before then and don't end up being caught and going to prison yet again.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Well for me Omega is the one way out of character, for Shadow I guess a little too though I don't mind for him cuz I feel like he should be a bit more like this rather than how he is in the games, all pout and hmpf's but no dark actions to back it up. Plus Amy was asking for it, she did hit him first back in the tree...knot thing, and trash talking and parading about likes she's all that. Shadow just took her out with her own hammer, something she does, so not really that much of a beating.

Bean seemed a little out of character to usual too. I wouldn't have thought he'd stand up to Nack, questioning his judgement on the mission after they get rammed by Blaze.

I think Nack is spot on though, swearing, sneaky, scheming, all round awesome. We all know Blaze is gonna end up with the Sol emerald eventually by the arc's end, I just hope Team hooligan get to do some badass things before then and don't end up being caught and going to prison yet again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The cover of 222 makes look like a bit of a jerk, wasn't he entertaining Amy's fancy for him like one in universe day ago?

Also, soap opera confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 2

The cover of 222 makes look like a bit of a jerk, wasn't he entertaining Amy's fancy for him like one in universe day ago?

Also, soap opera confirmed.

Perhaps 222 is a simply buildup for Sonic and Sally finally getting back together in 225? That's my guess. Glad Dimitri is going to be showing his face again. Looks like we have a nice character-driven issue coming up. And again, Ben Bates' Sally is adorable. I love the way he draws female characters.

Silver has always been an interesting character to me, so I look forward to seeing how Ian handles an entire story arc devoted to him. If anything, I love the silver-inked border on the cover. Great memories of Sonic 25.

Ben Bates drew Sally significantly off model, which I can't fault him for considering that the model is pretty ugly. Ben's has a different facial structure that also take up more of her face and her hair is much less off balance than usual. She actually kind of looks like a Sonic character. Also, google image searches for "Sally Acorn" are hilarious, even with the moderate safe search on.

Aw come on, you should've known that wasn't going to last. No matter in any continuity, the universe is bent on Keeping Sonic & Amy apart. Besides Sally and Ken broke up a few issues ago to pave way for this relationship upgrade.

Hopefully it won't go down the road, that turned me off from the comics before.

Sally's break up with Kahn was completely incredible, and by that I mean "not credible". She breaks up with him (under really strange terms) to go back her on again off again boyfriend who starts playing around with Amy the moment she's off panel? I swear this story is practically Twighlight in reverse, albeit without the creepy sexism.

It's plot lines like this that make me not want to stomach the comic for the art. I've always loved the artwork and admired the artists who pencil it (save Ron Lim, who drew every with "Tic Tac eyes" or Art Mawhanniny, who couldn't get a good balance between classic and modern Sonic's designs). The fact that they even drew Amy on this cover just adds insult to injury of a growing list of ill treatment towards the character of late.

And to cut to the meat of this, I'm quite tired of this silly "shiptease", especially as I find all the baggage that these two characters carry i the comic alone to be a drag. If this were real life, they'd have either called it quits for good, downgrade to friends with benefits with the occasional quickie, or still be together and making each other miserable with the amount of drama attached to the relationship to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's plot lines like this that make me not want to stomach the comic for the art. I've always loved the artwork and admired the artists who pencil it (save Ron Lim, who drew every with "Tic Tac eyes" or Art Mawhanniny, who couldn't get a good balance between classic and modern Sonic's designs). The fact that they even drew Amy on this cover just adds insult to injury of a growing list of ill treatment towards the character of late.

And to cut to the meat of this, I'm quite tired of this silly "shiptease", especially as I find all the baggage that these two characters carry i the comic alone to be a drag. If this were real life, they'd have either called it quits for good, downgrade to friends with benefits with the occasional quickie, or still be together and making each other miserable with the amount of drama attached to the relationship to begin with.

What do you mean the ill treatment of Amy? She's been treated like a queen as of recent. She was nothing more than a background character most of the time, it's only recently that she's seemingly been upgraded to main cast status, and pretty involved main cast status at that...I mean hell the guys don't treat Tails with as much respect as Amy and he's been through it all from the beginning and paid his dues!

Amy is suddenly this badass the FF's can call on, taking on Jun-kun, going on solo missions with Sonic to Moebius, making Nack shake in his sexy hat and boots - I'd hardly call her treatment "ill".

People are just gonna bitch cuz they don't like the Sonic Sally pairing, or Sally in general for some reason. I don't get this hate, I don't get the people even more. This is Archie's Sonic -Archie's Sonic! It has always been/will be heavily focused on the SatAM characters and their own characters, Sonic and Sally pairing is pretty much their thing. I liken people who bitch about this to parents who go see a MA15 movie with their kids then complain to the censors board that their kids shouldn't watch that stuff - if ya don't like it, don't see it! Likewise the comis have always had Sonic and Sally romance, don't buy the comics if you're that against it. Go play the games and have your Sonic Amy romance, even though it'll never happen in game and I pray (to Odin) that a Sonic Amy relationship will never happen in the comics, it is just such a wrong pairing I can't begin to fathom why they'd want it to happen.

Oh and enough with the bitching about "soap opera, love triangle, blah blah blah" stuff. Seriously, how much drama romance stuff have we had recently? I seem to remember a great deal of (poorly drawn) action for the most part, and as much as I like the action it will get dull if that's all we ever have. A bit of character feelings, love, emotions can do alot for development of the characters and adds some interest to the stories other than "This issue see Sonic punch Eggman in the face....again. Next week See Sonic punch Eggman in the face...with his other fist".....although I guess it wouldn't be Eggman would it. Wonder when he's gonna show his ugly face with some (hopefully) evil and devious epic plot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1