Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm getting hints of adventure 2 from that ending there. Kinda reminds me how Amy talked Shadow out of destroying the world. So yeah, at least I know Shadow isn't being a total creep now.

Also, No Omega! I was having respect for you in the comics and now you say that Cream is cute. Can he think things are cute? Is this what his soul has done to him? At least he still makes me laugh here.

Shadow has a ride? The intro of his bike! How will it carry them all?

I'm getting hints of adventure 2 from that ending there. Kinda reminds me how Amy talked Shadow out of destroying the world. So yeah, at least I know Shadow isn't being a total creep now.

Also, No Omega! I was having respect for you in the comics and now you say that Cream is cute. Can he think things are cute? Is this what his soul has done to him? At least he still makes me laugh here.

Shadow has a ride? The intro of his bike! How will it carry them all?

You do know Omega has Gamma's soul in him, right? Meaning he has a good side.

No roots for the underdog from me. I hope they make an example out of him.

Bonus points if Sega gets involved. Then it's double penetration.

No roots for the underdog from me. I hope they make an example out of him.

Bonus points if Sega gets involved. Then it's double penetration.

That sounds dirty.

I say let him take back his characters. Thats like all female counterparts of main characters and Mina, right? I'm just kidding. If Sega gets involved, it should make for some good theater.

Pretty much this.

I'd much, MUCH rather them use Nack, Bean or Bark again before putting in comic characters into the games, however I am not opposed to the idea.

I think most of the comic characters could work in the right game, I wouldn't like to see any of the parent characters though and I think Snively, while he could work, is a little redundant as long as we get to have Eggman with Metal Sonic or some other bots as his right hand henchmen.

The Freedom Fighters though I think would be cool although a game explanation for them would need to be in order as their existance is to be in direct oppostition to Dr.Robotnik who lets face it in the games is more of a comedy-type joke than the real evil bastard he is/was in the comics. As a Sally fan I'd like to see her in, but I can see why she wouldn't really fit. Game Sonic doesn't suffer from mass exposure as in we get to see him for short amounts of time during the games and in that time we see action and little else. That's fine for the games but when we're talking the comics the character would feel rather flat if we didn't see a little emotion and development, hence why Sally (ie the love interest) can work in the comics but in the games not so much.

In the same sense I can't see why people at all are considering Mina to be a good candidate?? :blink: I find her character rather boring, good filler for the comics, but boring really. I mean she isn't really all that great of a character design and her abilities are speed....yeah that's original.

The one character I do see being highly compatitable for game conversion is: Bunnie. Just look at her recent art, she practically looks SEGA Sonic made and can't you just imagine (well you don't have to with a few image searches) an official looking Uekawa art for her? The roboticization thing might be a snag, but a small one at that. I know some people will claim Robotnik never actually robotcized anyone in the games but that is disputable. A small tweak here and there and I think Bunnie could really be a worthy candidate.

Add to that her actual gameplay potential; Super strength in one arm, booster feet for flight/speed, extendable limbs - I think she'd really be great to play as.

Other characters I could see, Archimedes the fireant, I dunno I reckon he'd be pretty cool, we need a few uniqur looking characters back in Sonic. Dr.Finitevus, that is if they ever decide link Knuckles with his original Angel Island/Master emerald/Guardian thing and do something other then tagging along on Sonic's adventures. If they gave Knuckles his own games and recurring villain I would really like to see Finitevus, obviously with a complete overhaul to his origin but his design is great to stay. I always figured he'd be a cool "awakened" evil maybe like a mummy-type thing, a villain from Echidna past that Knuckles would have to deal with now. It would be cool because it could touch upon the last of his kind stuff and Finitevus would have all the answers (maybe) or at least old knowledge of Echidna history, so he'd be savvy to Angel Island in ways Knuckles wouldn't be and he'd make for a sly and tough villian.

Oh please!!! A Snively-like character to the japanese continuity?! No please!!! They could make good use of Eggman Nega and put a rivalry between the two of them.

As for Sally, I stated my opinion on what might be needed to be changed for her to be acceptable on the JPN Cont..

For Mina, even a minor role would be fine, as long as an idol character were "incarnated" in the games.

Bunnie, I left my opinion as well close to Sally's.

Finitevus, I'd like to see a character of his likes in the JPN Cont. as well... xD

And for you people, I found just a nice JPN Cont.-like fan-rendition for Sally!:

__Sally_Acorn___by_Kjbionicle.png

EDIT1: Thanks for the typo, I didn't think of that one... xD

EDIT2: OMG!!! I totally forgot that Honey have HAIR!!! Well, to me that solves one of those problems for ArchieSonic characters being "incarnated" on the JPN continuity.

Edited by XRick

Oh please!!! A Snively-like character to the japanese continuity?! No please!!! They could make good use of Eggman Nega and put a rivalry between the two of them.

As for Sally, I stated my opinion on what might be needed to be changed for her to be acceptable on the JPN.Cont..

For Mina, even a minor role would be fine, as long as an idol character were "incarnated" in the games.

Bunnie, I left my opinion as well close to Sally's.

Finitevus, I'd like to see a character of his likes in the JPN.Cont. as well... xD

And for you people, I found just a nice JPN.Cont.-like fan-rendition for Sally!:

*image*

Protip: Apply the fixes I made in this quote. You don't want to abbreviate Japanese like that...ever.

Maybe Archie should just throw him like $0.50 every time they print an Archives volume with his work in it. It's just about money in the end.

And for you people, I found just a nice JPN Cont.-like fan-rendition for Sally!:

__Sally_Acorn___by_Kjbionicle.png

I always had a vision of Sally with more "clothed" look and that's almost exactly what I had in mind, just never thought about gloves, which look great on her for some reason.

su23_0.jpg

Say what you will about Cream, but that's easily one of the best covers in a long time. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that in the back of #219 yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I still can't stop laughing at the cover for #23. Really love the cover for the new Sonic Universe. Also LOL in the preview:

Omega:"You are too cute to eviscerate."

Cream: "What does that mean?"

Amy:"Uhhh I'll tell you later."

I love Cream and Omega in the comics. :3

Edit: I also googled "eviscerate" and apparently it means to disembowl someone. Bunny guts on the outside = gross. O_o

Edited by Bebe_theSaint
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seriously, we need whoever's doing the writing to work on the Game Universe's script. We already got a good voice cast, Colors introduced us to some better writers, and should this be a one-time thing until further notice with said writers, the guys on the comics could very well pull out some decent lines for the characters.

Omega is just...great here, and I'm betting it's because of the different portrayal that is more than just "Kil-destro-kill, ANNIHILATE!" And Big...oh don't get me started on how they did him such sweet justice some issues back by making him as good as he was.

Not too keen on the other characters jumping from the comics to the games, except for Nack, Bean, and Bark.

• Thumbs Up 1

About the "Possibility of "Incarnation" of ArchieSonic Characters into the JPN Continuity" discussion...

This morning I thought of some possible ideas for their introduction:

1. There could be a new version of Sonic Battle that could mix elements from the original itself, Sonic Advance 3 and Rush:

- The story could be divided in 2 parts, Emerl and Blaze Stories, both played with Sonic, of course;

- Like in Sonic X, there could be a real battle tournament, but with worthy characters, and also Bean, Bark, Fang could return to that event, as like the "fabled" Honey the Cat xD

- A "Mina Mongoose" character could be presented, giving a show to the tournament;

- Blaze would enter anonymous and go after Sonic specifically;

- Eggman Nega would appear unannounced and raid the tournament, going after the Emerald prize;

- Eggman would show up and Nega would try to get rid of him, so he could conquer the world all to himself, creating a deadly rivalry between the both;

- G-Mel and Metal Sonic v3.0 could be Nega's creations, countering Sonic and Emerl;

- Sonic and Blaze would then join forces to stop their worlds from colliding with each other, due to Nega's actions;

- The battle would take them to a space base of Nega, where Sonic and Blaze would face Metal v3.0 and Nega while Emerl would face G-Mel;

- G-Mel, losing to Emerl, would go berserk, turn into that final boss version and Sonic and Blaze would team up together to defeat it;

- But, in an extra story, a secret place would be accessable, where they would face Sonic Rivals 2's Ifrit, summoned by Nega;

- After defeat, Sonic and Blaze would have trouble taking Ifrit back to Blaze's world and Emerl would sacrifice to do the deed;

- Blaze would return home after thanking Sonic and End of the Story;

- Also, the tournament would be indefinitely on hold... xD

2. The other idea could be a new version of Sonic 2006:

- Soleanna could be a country solely composed of anthropomorphic animals, and certain characters from ArchieSonic could be presented here (I guess anyone can guess the list of them xD)

- The entire future plot, Iblis and Iblis Trigger things could still beas they are;

- The Emerald looping presented in the story could be rearranged so as to be a very recent finding to the "Princess";

- Eggman and Nega would fight between each other for the "Princess"'s custody;

- For the final battle, only Eggman would be present, Nega would be nowhere to be found;

- For the ending of the story, if you guys prefered the events to be reset or not, state your opinions...

Edited by XRick

Just read 219. I get the feeling Mina's going to be turning into a goth rocker in the next 2 issues, singing about how everything sucks and we're all gonna die. The Off Panel actually really got me thinking whether this "act" is for real or not. Gets me eager for the next issue. The latter part, not the former.

Edited by Yong

Just read 219. I get the feeling Mina's going to be turning into a goth rocker in the next 2 issues, singing about how everything sucks and we're all gonna die. The Off Panel actually really got me thinking whether this "act" is for real or not. Gets me eager for the next issue. The latter part, not the former.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/new-york/nysdce/1:2010cv08858/371939/

I'll just leave this here.

Archie vs. Penders, GO. *Popcorn.gif*

I just looked at the link and it says Archie is the plantiff and Penders is the defendent, does that mean Archie is sueing Penders? I thought it was the other way around, cause Penders was the one complaining about Archie using his characters. :huh:

Archie is challenging Penders, yes, over his legal claims. Most likely to protect themselves from whatever he's trying to do, I guess. But yeah, I was surprised to see that it was that way around, too.

I'm glad that Archie is doing this. They probably should have done this months ago when Penders first started this.

Just read 219. I get the feeling Mina's going to be turning into a goth rocker in the next 2 issues, singing about how everything sucks and we're all gonna die.

Edited by AdventChild

(Re: Spoiler) But we already know who the traitor is, don't we? o.o

Wasn't Geoffrey part of the Secret Service and not a FF?

Edited by AdventChild