Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'd like to point out that him kicking Amy's ass was awesome.

All of this started because kittynakajimma feels Amy's being mistreated in the comics, in favor of Sonic and Sally, ya know typical Shipping crap.

No, just in general. The fact that the cover was previewed around the same time as SU#22's release just made it a double whammy.

Plus, if you're going to state a fact, either quote me to back yourself up or say nothing at all, as I will counter back. I've been largely concerned with the Flanderization/misrepresentation of characters as opposed to shipping. The only true time I've discussed shipping was briefly listing other pairings aside from the ship tease pairing on #219's cover. I've even also pointed out how I wouldn't be said OTP Sonamy whatever in the comics - and I will keep bringing that up until you stop claiming this as nothing more than "shipping" bullshit bias.

Edited by KittyNakajima

I have never been a shipper unless the relationship itself enhanced the characters who are being shipped. Spider-man relationships for example define the mindset and goals of his character. If he is with Black Cat, we know that he is being a naughty Spider and is more focused on his life as Spider-man since Black Cat asks that Peter Parker be abolished in favor of the superhero life. If he is with Mary Jane, it is Spider-man being responsible to his life as Peter Parker. When it is brought up in this comic, however, it literally does nothing for anybody except start a petty shipping war. Sonic is still going to be Sonic regardless of whom he is calling darling. The only thing that will happen is Sally will go in those incessant and unnecessary drivels about her companionship when Sonic when she should be focused on the friggin' war. Amy will just be happy as hell if she had it her way and anyone else would just be off. It doesn't make the reading any more interesting and becomes fanfiction nonesense.

I am so in favor of the mandate that everytime Ian flirts with the idea of breaking it, I cringe. He has been doing a great job so far, but he should just take this dieing dog behind the shack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy's certainly not been given anything even remotely resembling a legitimate chance with Sonic, romantically, I'll grant that. But I don't see how that's a problem or a disservice to her as a character, given that the role of 'love interest' to Sonic was already given to Sally long before Amy came along.

As far as character development goes, Amy's been given SO MUCH credit and airtime lately. She's been shown to be incredibly strong, tough, resilient and respected. Personally I think she's been made into a far TOO strong/fearsome character... but I can't see how she could be seen as being disrespected or treated badly in any way. She's kinda been the new golden girl/super-heroine recently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Black Cat is SEXY!

Wait, what the fuck are we talking about? The hell did all this talk on SonAmy come from Shadow beating up Amy come from?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

No, just in general. The fact that the cover was previewed around the same time as SU#22's release just made it a double whammy.

Plus, if you're going to state a fact, either quote me to back yourself up or say nothing at all, as I will counter back. I've been largely concerned with the Flanderization/misrepresentation of characters as opposed to shipping. The only true time I've discussed shipping was briefly listing other pairings aside from the ship tease pairing on #219's cover. I've even also pointed out how I wouldn't be said OTP Sonamy whatever in the comics - and I will keep bringing that up until you stop claiming this as nothing more than "shipping" bullshit bias.

But you know you said it, so why should I quote it.

And still don't see how Amy is being mistreated, considering she's fight on the front lines, at almost any given opportunity, but you get mad because you see Sonic and Sally on the cover of a comic with Amy looking puzzled,and you call foul play, that's something only a shipper would do, because it tells nothing of what's going to happen in the comic, you just assume Amy's going to get the shortend.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Black Cat is SEXY!

Wait, what the fuck are we talking about? The hell did all this talk on SonAmy come from Shadow beating up Amy come from?

Sonic Universe # 22. Team Dark engages Cream, Amy, and Blaze for their Sol Emeralds, and Shadow and Amy fight. During one part, he basically kicked her in the chest and used her own hammer on her after she got the better of him with it earlier in the issue.

Sonic # 219 Cover Preview - Sonic is holding Sally running, with a shocked Amy looking on in the background. The preview paragraph even teases that Sonic and Sally are testing the waters of their relationship.

I'm walking outta this, because I'm getting pretty wary of some folks in here dismissing this as nothing but ship fodder. It might have had hints to it, but it wasn't all that, and I refuse to keep going on and on like a broken record overdosing on cocaine and heroine. Ugh. I'm a glutton for punishment. xD

Edited by KittyNakajima

As far as character development goes, Amy's been given SO MUCH credit and airtime lately. She's been shown to be incredibly strong, tough, resilient and respected. Personally I think she's been made into a far TOO strong/fearsome character... but I can't see how she could be seen as being disrespected or treated badly in any way. She's kinda been the new golden girl/super-heroine recently.

And she became that to be respected by her peers especially Sonic. Amy is a beast and shipping her with Sonic or anybody would not do anything for her character development except possibly derail it.

But you know you said it, so why should I quote it.

And still don't see how Amy is being mistreated, considering she's fight on the front lines, at almost any given opportunity, but you get mad because you see Sonic and Sally on the cover of a comic with Amy looking puzzled,and you call foul play, that's something only a shipper would do, because it tells nothing of what's going to happen in the comic, you just assume Amy's going to get the shortend.

And yet what you've said is something I'd expect a biased wanker to say, as I haven't only been critical of just that. This is a topic where you are supposed to discuss the comic, agree or disagree from time to time. Not go all one way or the other. If we did it wouldn't be any fun and a total bore. You keep on replying to disagree with me yet I can't do the same? C'mon now.

I've listed/touched bases with other couplings, other characters, even comic characterizations of said OTP that I wouldn't enjoy in the comic if my life depended on it. I am merely offended and irate that you and others keep shoving it around as if I don't have a right to my thoughts or even to post it when I'm just merely exercising my freedoms here.

Edited by KittyNakajima

And she became that to be respected by her peers especially Sonic. Amy is a beast and shipping her with Sonic or anybody would not do anything for her character development except possibly derail it.

Actually considering she bettered herself for Sonic's sake, I think her hooking up with Sonic could make her more deteremined than ever. But yeah I don't think Amy needs to be shipped with Sonic to be good. She's already more than capable.

Actually considering she bettered herself for Sonic's sake, I think her hooking up with Sonic could make her more deteremined than ever. But yeah I don't think Amy needs to be shipped with Sonic to be good. She's already more than capable.

The same could be said about Sally as well. Can we honestly say that it enhanced her character in anyway since the big break up? Has it made her more interesting? Has it made her more diverse? No. She just seems to be ship fodder in triang relations the prism of love. Just having a relationship just for the sake of having one is like a bad teen soap opera in a form of comic book. It is One More Day type of shit. Hell, it is my only criticism of Ultimate Spider-man as well as what looks like it could potentially happen in this comic unless Ian is finally burying this long dead monster.

I also like to point out that I would probably like Sally more if they could find a way to make her more interesting other than her relationship status.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok, I just read the issue in question. Why are we complaining about Shadow kicking Amy in the chest again? She gave him a MEAN whack with her hammer earlier, it was simply payback. Then he went and owned her like she was Silver because he's Shadow, and he don't take no bull like that.

In fact, I loved that whole sequence. Go Shadow!

Ok, I just read the issue in question. Why are we complaining about Shadow kicking Amy in the chest again? She gave him a MEAN whack with her hammer earlier, it was simply payback. Then he went and owned her like she was Silver because he's Shadow, and he don't take no bull like that.

In fact, I loved that whole sequence. Go Shadow!

I don't really care for Shadow as a character, but I have to say that breaking the taboo right there by giving Amy a damn good smack was pretty awesome. I like the idea that the Freedom Fighter (and ally) girls are as strong, tough and capable as the boys in their own way, and that they can hold their own on the battlefield - but on the flip side, if they're able to fight the same as the boys, they should damn well be able to take hits like them too.

First of all, let me start by saying this, DIFFERENT TIME, DIFFERENT PLACE, DIFFERENT WORLD!

You see, the Amy in Archie's Main Sonic Comics, is a different Amy from what you've seen in the video games, and both Sonic X's (The Anime and the comic), so if you're wondering and asking why Sonic and Sally are paired up together instead of Sonic and Amy, then hopefully there's part of your answer.

Another part (I hope) is the fact that (even through it's been said be over and over again by other fans) Amy may physically be the same age as Sonic, she's NOT actually the same age as him. Why? You may ask, because in issue 79 I believe, she used the ring of acorns to wish herself older. And yes she has shown lots a maturity over the years in the comics, she is still not the same age. Also, again she's a different Amy from what is seen in the video games and Sonic X.

Thirdly, like I said at the beginning in caps, it's a different world, time, and place, in other words, a different dimension. You don't believe me, read the 40th and final issue of Sonic X which ties in with issues 194-195 of the main comic, and you'll see what I mean, and again (hopefully, praying real hard it does) answer some questions in this whole SonSal pairing instead of SonAmy.

So that's all I'm going to say on it here. Want to hear more of what I have to say about it, tune into my youtube channel, which is also under bwrosas, to get more.

God Bless.

PS, STOP WITH THE COVER CHANGES, PLEASE!

As well as this:

The reason fans argue Amy's place on the cover, is because the majority of them ARE Amy Fans (not that there is anything wrong with that).

But another reason the fans that do argue over this, is because they're fearful that history will repeat it's self.

In other words, they fear it lead to a repeat of the actions in 134.

But, let's remember, Ian (despite how you feel about him), is not Ken or Karl, and I think (just my opinion) he will work it out that has Sonic and Sally as they were in the early issues 15-54, you know as a couple, but not a couple that's not too serious to the point that they rush into getting engaged, more like an occasional Friday Night Date Night couple, you know, going to see a movie, going out to eat a drive-in, that sort of thing.

And again (cause I have a gut feeling about this), I think Ian going to do something similar with Amy and Sally to what he did with Tails and Sonic in 178-179, (mostly 179).

I just hope this clear things up a little bit.

And finally this:

Perhaps Ian setting up Amy vs Sally, in the same manner he did with Tails Vs Sonic in 178-179.

Just a thought, because the clues are there in SU 21 and some other issues which I can't think of right now.

Edited by bwrosas

You guys are really grasping at straws with Sonamy in the comics, I mean even in the main games, they don't really have much of chance of getting together.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Ahh Shipping wars, Ian has no idea the fire he's just started.

Anyway I finally read SU 22, and it was awesome. You guys are annoyed that Shadow beat up Amy, keep in mind he was humiliated a few pages before something I don't think he appreciates, what is Shadow gonna do, let Amy wail on him? Hell no. Besides its not like he went all out, he didn't even use one Chaos Spear something he normally always uses. What I'm saying is, Amy has a hammer, Shadow has his fucking Chaos Powers who did you think was going to win?

And about Shadow's arrogance, you'd have a pretty big ego too, if you had as much power as he did, besides its not like he shoves it down people's throats like Sonic usually does, Shadow knows he's awesome, he doesn't need to say it, it kinda fits his character, besides he obviously cares telling Blaze to stay down.

Also I love how Nack was afraid of Amy, it shows she has some credibility as a fighter, and is more well known. Shit I love Tean Hooligan already, specifically Bean, he has all the best lines.

Omega may be comic relief, but its a lot more interesting than his bland game counterpart.

I feel you guys are just butthurt, because its not what [you/i] want, or designed to your taste. Amy's already a main character in the games, so I think another continuity isn't so bad to give it to someone else, besides Sally's was around, long before Amy became a freedom fighter.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yeah thanks I agree, Shadow did what he had to do to get his payback, but Amy hitting Shadow should not ever happen. That in my opinion is Taboo, were talking about the Ultimate Lifeform here, Sonic has trouble with him most of all out of all the characters in the games because their stats and abilites are equal in every way. Shadow is Sonic's strongest rival IMO. But in Archie Sonic, Scourge and Knuckles are stronger than him. And Archie treats him like a jobber.

Scourge is partially hopped up on the power of the Master Emerald. Knuckles is a POWER TYPE. Both of those characters have a pretty good reason to be stronger than him, at least until he enters Chaos Boost mode.

You are severely underestimating "Team Rose", which in this case swapped out Big for Blaze. Shadow would struggle against Blaze alone, never mind throwing Amy and Cream into the mix. Plus, for all the times she plays damsel in distress, Amy is still just as capable as any of the other characters in battle. Plus, I'll remind you that across the canon, though the personalities may vary, the overall powers are the same. In Sonic X, Cream singlehandely killed Emerl. When she gets down to business, she's not to be trifled with.

No, she really shouldn't. Sally's been number one female in this canon for at least a decade. In fact, in terms of real world relevance, I'm pretty sure Sally was created first anyway. (Both will date back to early 93) Also, Sally may be many things, but "whoreish" isn't one of them.

Edited by Wisp O Color
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If you really think that, I feel sorry for you. They may be strong, but their weaklings compared to Shadow. First of all you're underestimating Shadow, who by default is stronger than most characters in the franchise even Sonic in some doses. Shadow is a million times faster, more agile, more versitile and more powerful than Blaze it. Shadow in his base should beat Blaze due to their gap in speed and skill, and the fact Shadow with a chaos emerald is pratically invcinable bar Sonic. Amy can't beat Shadow even on a good day, Amy can't even beat Rouge in a fight, who should be equal to Blaze as well. Cream shouldn't even be here, Cream beating Emerl was PIS.
Edited by Shadic93

Yeah but didn't they give him limits to his enhanced Choas Boost mode?

Edited by Aquaslash

You are severely overestimating Shadow's abilities, the way you make it sound, he can beat anybody which is not the case. Blaze can take on Sonic evenly, Sonic can take on Shadow evenly, hence Shadow can take Blaze on equal grounds, regardless if Shadow was trying or not. You're also underestimating Team Rose, keep in mind Amy took on the Iron King a few issues back, ya know the guy Sonic himself couldn't beat.

I don't care how good your reflexes are, you can't react to something you can't see, and Shadow clearly didn't see Amy coming.

Dude, I'm really hating your mentality right now, you're sounding like a Shadow fanboy, who wants him to be more powerful than everyone in the series, for no given reason.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Shadow's inhibitors. Ha. It's almost like they were trying to incorporate more trite concepts into Shadow when they came up with those. If they're never mentioned again it'll be too soon. Basically, I'm ignoring them on the basis of being a really dumb concept that Shadow was better off doing without.

Battle

Seriously? Are we that blind?

Yeah thanks I agree, Shadow did what he had to do to get his payback, but Amy hitting Shadow should not ever happen. That in my opinion is Taboo, were talking about the Ultimate Lifeform here,

Shadow is Sonic's strongest rival IMO. But in Archie Sonic, Scourge and Knuckles are stronger than him. And Archie treats him like a jobber.

Shadow should have soloed Team Rose by himself. He really doesn't need any help against them.

If you really think that, I feel sorry for you. They may be strong, but their weaklings compared to Shadow. First of all you're underestimating Shadow, who by default is stronger than most characters in the franchise even Sonic in some doses.

Shadow is a million times faster, more agile, more versitile and more powerful than Blaze it.

Shadow has super human reflexes and agilty, getting cheap shotted by anyone is pretty much out of character for him. He chould have dodged it or tanked it without moving and inch, he shouldn't even be hurt by someone like Amy.

Come on now.

I cannot be the only person who sees this. Especially after reading these bits:

Shadow in a sense is a demi god to,

I mean, Shadow is a main character, also his purpose is build in being a ultra strong character who's not to overpowered but also someone who can't be beaten easily.

Enerjak just swatted Shadow even before things got started, that shouldn't happen,

So not trying to be rude, but does everyone have their contact lenses in and see whom they're arguing with?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic