Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You never know. They might try to fake us out. ;)

Wasn't Geoffrey part of the Secret Service and not a FF?

We know who a traitor is, not the traitor.

There might not even be a "traitor" to begin with. Remember Silver's "source."

So about SU#23's previews;

What the hell is a ne'er do well? I've heard of something similarly weirdly spelt as an abrievaition of No good doer, but ne're do well? Never do well? Why not just add that little "v" in there, won't cost you anything and V for Vendetta won't sue or anything either I swear.

I feel like Bean could be a little more crazier (Hey, I wan't full blown Deadpool crazy here. Bean is Sonic's resident Deadpool!) and Bark should be drawn alot more bulkier. I like the pissed off Nack, but I hope we get to see him be a badass and get in on some of the fighting too. (Probably won't happen if SU#24's cover is anything to go by *grumble* <_< )

Still wanting my explaination of how Team Hooliagn formed. Nack doesn't usually work with others and if he were only after the Sol Emerald for himself he'd be alot more excited than he is. Right now he seems more focused on getting it out of there and to (I assume) whoever hired him to get the gem for them. Be intersting if they touch upon how he knows or knows of the Babylon Rogues too. I know it seems like alot of (maybe) uneeded backstory but hey if that annoyance Marine got to have a backstory part why not explain this?

I guess we finally get to see Shadow's bike in the comics. What I don't get though is how they expect everybody to fit on a bike....I mean we're not talking about an airbike like Nack's which apparently has a extention feature (On a side note a really weird and *convenient* thing for it to have given Nack's usual tendancy to work solo) I mean Shadow's bike is...just a bike. Last I remember bikes were made for one unless they are planning on going crazy Indian train riders style and just have a whole bunch of them hang off of it, which would then beg the question why would they even use the bike? At least two of the group there can run faster than a bike.

The fastest one there is Shadow, lets assume he can run close to but not as fast as Sonic (will never say that he can match Sonic) he'd catch up to the Marvelous Queen pretty damn quick right? I mean even Blaze who I like to think of as her universe's Sonic can run pretty fast but trades off some speed for pyrokinetic ability, she should be able to catch the Marvelous Queen. The logical course of events would be for Shadow to run after Nack's team and Rouge and Omega to keep Team rose down......so then we'll arise the problem of "what if Shadow can't take the three of them on?" Well as much as Nack, Bean and Bark are just about my favourite characters I'd have to be realistic and say Shadow could take the three of them quite easily, but for the sake of the story...send Blaze and Shadow after them in a temporary truce, have Rouge or Omega place a tracing device on Shadow so they can catch up (being a spy and G.U.N pawns you would have to assume they get gadgets like that) then have both Team Dark and Team Rose meet up when Shadow and Blaze catch Team Hooligan. That seems more logical in my mind than "guyz get on my bike and we'll catch em" But we'll have to see how it goes.

I just hope we don't see a long truce between Team Rose and Team Dark, I wanna see all out brawls! I see them staying in the truce for a few pages and maybe Team Hooligan and Team Babylon having a few pages of fights before the four team meet up in which the issue will conclude. Then hopefully all out non-stop page after page of just brawling for the last issue!!

I still can't get used to Omega's portrayal in the comics. I'd much rather his game version of revenge fueled walking arsenal. The offbeat humor thing just puts me off, it doesn't seem Omega-like at all. Plus fix the damn speech bubbles! Omega is a robot, use robot speech bubbles or at least a diffent colour bubble background or text colour, make the font different, anything! It is so offputting.

Still wanting my explaination of how Team Hooliagn formed.

You got it already. Right on the first page of SU#23, Bean explains how Nack needed "extra muscle" to deal with Team Rose and Team Dark. Also, concerning your complaining about Nack not being a badass; Nack's never been purely a badass. He's had a bumbling side in both the games and comics, but I'm sure that he'll have some sort of badass moment(s) in this story arc. However, as SU #24's cover demonstrates, he isn't a badass ALL the time.

Also, Omega hasn't had a robot speech bubbles since got Gamma's soul. He did used to have different font, however.

I thought Shadow was equal to Sonic's speed.

Until we see him break the sound barrier and without his hover skates, it can very well be said he's slightly slower.

Well it can be assumed, considering in almost every game to date, he's just as fast, if not faster than Sonic, I think 06 is the only exception.

Not really due to the fact we've never seen him break the sound barrier even once on his own strength, whereas we've seen Sonic do it more than once. Until then, it goes both ways, and will forever remain until show otherwise.

True. Now that I think about it, when has Sonic broke the sound barrier...does the boost count as breaking the barrier?

Yes, it does because breaking the sound barrier produces a shock wave that is clearly visible in real life, which is evident in games like Unleashed. Tho technically he began breaking the barrier in Sonic Advance 2.

But Sonic's speed in Unleashed was specifically said to be 300mph, which is no where near the sound barrier.

I'd say that's likely for gameplay balances. Could you really think of being able to move and react while moving at 761mph on ground level, let alone having the game actually manage that kind of speed in it's programing. People complained about going 300 mph as it was, and adding 461 mph on top of it would likely be unplayable.

And do you know what could happen in real life if you move at those speeds on foot, including the damages to not only your body but the surrounding environment. Don't expect everything to be on point; there are going to be limiations.

So.....I mean there's Sonic X.

And Sonic Advance 2.

Don't expect Sonic to follow the laws of physics, I mean he's pretty much said fuck them

Hmm so I guess Shadow's top speed is up in the air, but he's at least faster than everyone else though.

The way I see it:

Sonic/Metal Sonic > Shadow/Blaze/Metal Knuckles > Espio/Amy > everyone else

That seems about right, aside from Metal Knuckles, except aren't Tails, and Knuckles faster than Amy?

And will you get off the Metal Knuckles thing already. He's hasn't been important for over 10 years, in only one game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

That seems about right, aside from Metal Knuckles, except aren't Tails, and Knuckles faster than Amy?

And will you get off the Metal Knuckles thing already. He's hasn't been important for over 10 years, in only one game.

Metal Knuckles is there because he has what is possibly the highest acceleration out of any Sonic character sans boosting/Super Mode. Only reason he's not faster than Sonic/Metal Sonic is because he can't do a Sonic Boom (Metal Sonic does them in the Rivals games). Knuckles himself is slow as frag now, and Amy is a legitimate Speed type.

EDIT: Taking a glace at my figures here, I suppose I have to add 3.0 to the fastest tier as well, though that one's a given

Edited by Aquaslash

Metal Knuckles is there because he has what is possibly the highest acceleration out of any Sonic character sans boosting/Super Mode. Only reason he's not faster than Sonic/Metal Sonic is because he can't do a Sonic Boom (Metal Sonic does them in the Rivals games). Knuckles himself is slow as frag now, and Amy is a legitimate Speed type.

EDIT: Taking a glace at my figures here, I suppose I have to add 3.0 to the fastest tier as well, though that one's a given

Knuckles is not slow, far from it. I don't see where you even got that from.

Knuckles is not slow, far from it. I don't see where you even got that from.

Hold on...it's gonna come to me...

Oh right. Every game after Sonic Adventure 2 :| Even the spinoffs! They've made a point of Knuckles being quite slow compared to the rest of the cast.

In fact, in Sonic Battle, aside from Chaos and Gamma who really don't get past walking, Knuckles has the lowest speed stat of the bunch. I think even CREAM'S faster. Even in Sonic Rivals of all games, Knuckles is noticeably slower than the rest of the cast.

Come on man, do your research!

• Bad Quality Post 1

Hold on...it's gonna come to me...

Oh right. Every game after Sonic Adventure 2 :| Even the spinoffs! They've made a point of Knuckles being quite slow compared to the rest of the cast.

In fact, in Sonic Battle, aside from Chaos and Gamma who really don't get past walking, Knuckles has the lowest speed stat of the bunch. I think even CREAM'S faster. Even in Sonic Rivals of all games, Knuckles is noticeably slower than the rest of the cast.

Come on man, do your research!

I'm not going by spinoffs. He's slow comparedto everyone else, he's not like Molasses.

Edited by Shadic93

I'm not going by spinoffs. He's slow compared to everyone else, he's not like Molasses.

That's what I've said the entire time. :|

Typing should only apply to gameplay.

And I remember this discussion like two years ago with Mechano about how Eggman outrunning Sonic is only for dramatic effect. You can't call him faster, because he obviously loses in a regular race. I compared it to Eggman punching out Knuckles and CSS got a laugh out of that.