Awoo.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Marcello

Seriously, where the hell did you read this? I have the issue and it's not in there.

My mistake on Johnny, I found that out on IMDb

Fans can edit IMDB, and I see no source proving that he's voicing him. So until further ado, I'm sticking with believing that Minella is still voicing Pit.

Guys guys guys. New trailer and impressions from Kotaku.

Trailer

Impressions

Some key points.

- He thought the game was the nicest game on the 3ds he's seen.

- Air controls are fine.

- Ground controls aren't uncomfortable, but never completely comfortable

- Preferred to hold the 3ds than use the stand

- Possibly the most "hardcore" game on the 3DS

- Difficulty system is mentioned, and is sort of similar to TWEWY.

- The game is meant to be replayed often because of the large amount of weapons

EDIT: Apparently today was the day people were allowed to talk about kid icarus, as theres a bunch of previews now. Stealing from gamefaqs post

http://www.gamesradar.com/kid-icarus-uprising-preview-looks-pit-was-worth-waiting/

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/kid_icarus_uprising_-_3ds/b/3ds/archive/2012/01/19/nintendo-aims-for-the-stars-with-long-requested-revival.aspx

http://www.1up.com/previews/kid-icarus-uprising-revitalize-series

Here is a weapon guide for the game

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-662-1326996430-kid-icarus-uprising---weapon-and-powers-guide.html

Gameplay details

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=170339

Edited by mcsleepy

Dunno if all of this is known yet, but quoting from Nintendo of America's Media/Press site,

NEW STORY AND SINGLE-PLAYER MODE DETAILS REVEALED FOR KID ICARUS: UPRISING

Jan. 19, 2012

Nintendo has revealed new details about the storyline and single-player game play in Kid Icarus™: Uprising, which will launch exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system on March 23. More than 25 years after the launch of the original Kid Icarus game for NES™, Kid Icarus: Uprising brings the action and adventure of this beloved series to new heights.

• Introduction: The game's story begins with the return of the dark goddess Medusa and her Underworld Army. With the help of Palutena, goddess of light and guardian of the human race, the heroic angel Pit must combat the forces of darkness as he battles Medusa and her minions by air and by land.
  • Fiend's Cauldron: The Fiend's Cauldron is an incredible new system that allows players to customize their play experience by adjusting the intensity level. Intensity ranges from 0.0 – 9.0 for each individual Chapter. As the intensity increases, players will be able to earn more Hearts and more powerful weapon drops from defeated enemies. Hearts also can be used to purchase new weapons. The standard intensity setting is 2.0, but players can precisely adjust it by increments of 0.1. In order to increase the intensity, players must bet by placing an increasing number of Hearts into the Fiend's Cauldron. If the player is defeated during the Chapter, some Hearts will be lost and the intensity will be lowered.
  • Weapons: A wide variety of collectible weapons offers an extraordinary amount of replay value. With nine different categories of weapons, ranging from Bows to Claws, players can learn the unique characteristics of each weapon and determine which is best suited for each battle and their style of play.
  • Vehicles: During certain parts of his adventure, Pit will have access to special vehicles such as the Exo Tank. Pit can use the tank's powerful drift ability to boost over jumps or defeat enemies with the tank's ramming horn.
  • Stand: Kid Icarus: Uprising uses a control scheme designed to fit the game's unique blend of flight, shooting and melee combat, and offers tremendous precision and depth for dedicated players. The left hand uses the Circle Pad while the right hand uses the stylus. Every copy of the game will come with a free stand that holds the Nintendo 3DS at an angle above any flat surface, providing players with a new kind of gaming experience.
  • Circle Pad Pro: Kid Icarus: Uprising is compatible with the Circle Pad Pro accessory, offering an alternate control scheme for left-handed players. With the Circle Pad Pro, players hold the stylus in their left hand and use the Circle Pad with their right hand.

Additionally, consumers who pre-order at select retailers will receive a bonus download code for the 3D Classics: Kid Icarus™ game, a re-mastered 3D version of the NES original. The download code will be delivered with the purchase of Kid Icarus: Uprising. A deposit may be required for pre-order. Kid Icarus: Uprising will carry a suggested retail price of $39.99 in the United States.

More details about Kid Icarus: Uprising will be revealed prior to its March 23 launch. For more information, please visit http://kidicarusuprising.nintendo.com.

So yeah, free pre-order bonus!

Edited by VizardJeffhog

*looks at March 23rd*

HOLY SHIT, THAT'S A FRIDAY! THAT MEANS AMAZON HAS RELEASE DATE SHIPPING!

Sorry, never bothered to check.

Also: I really wish Nintendo would start doing this Multi-release with Europe and US. This is the second time it's happened (Star Fox 64 3D).

US and UK are getting the game on the same day, for once. They should really do this more often.

Like I said earlier, this also happened with Star Fox 64 3D.

US and UK are getting the game on the same day, for once. They should really do this more often.

They should, but at the same time companies have to release their games in each territory strategically. There are a lot of factors effecting a game's release, such as whether or not the game is ready, when stores get the most sales, and what the competition looks like.

With that said, I like seeing games released on the same day worldwide because people can be inconsiderate dolts when it comes to spoilers.

What really annoys me are people who say shit like "X game got released in X territory first, so X company obviously loves them more" but that's a different story altogether.

600+ Kid Icarus Uprising Screenshots/Artworks

There's some old stuff in there, however there is new stuff as well. You can see something called "idol toss" that uses play coins, equip-able abilities and skills which uses a system similar to Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, some new artwork, and a model/biography viewer.

Edited by mcsleepy

is it just me or does it look like the quality of the game has dropped since we first saw the first trailer for it? Or was the first trailer just cinematic? Given the game looks like it's shaping out to be pretty good, the overall look of the game looked more choppy

I hate that here in the US we don't get the original KI until KIU comes out. I've never owned it and I was looking forward to completing it BEFORE playing KIU. Fucking NOA. :/

is it just me or does it look like the quality of the game has dropped since we first saw the first trailer for it? Or was the first trailer just cinematic? Given the game looks like it's shaping out to be pretty good, the overall look of the game looked more choppy

Depends on what you mean by quality. The game does looks choppier than when we first saw it, but it's also much more colorful and there is more stuff happening on screen as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Two New Trailers,

Intensity Levels

Also The Three Sacred Treasures

Edited by Mike Dawson

• 3 weeks later...

...ANIME SHORTS?

Yeah! I recall them being announced months ago. 3 sets from 3 different studios! I'm pretty sure one of them is CGI, too!

Yow, Ninty's going all out with Kid Icarus!

Seriously, so many old IPs are being revived this year. First Kid Icarus, then... interestingly Seaman, then Jet Set Radio...

• Thumbs Up 1

The dialogue. The dialogue.I just love it so much.

"Remember when you used to say "I'm finished" all the time?"

"...I still say that...a lot"

"Big monsters, kill Pit! Grrrr"

And while I haven't played the NES game, it's pretty cool how the bosses to 3D graphics.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, right.

The first short is up. It's Part 1, and CGI. Pit fights against Thanatos, the god of Death.

"Wo-hoo-hoo, a hot spring!"

"This coming from the guy who can't even be bothered to take his clothes off".

"I need to be prepared at all times!"

"Is that the only reason? Really?"

"Welllll, it does save on laundry."

"Hah! I knew it!"

Loving the dialogue in this game! Add another reason to the list as to why this game is awesome.......