Awoo.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Marcello

Seems a lot of people aren't pleased with their cards - why not set up some trades or something, or even scan them in so people can print them out and use them?

Wow. I mean just...wow.

So far this game is pretty damn amazing. Just finished Chapter 9, and it's actually been so good that it's pulled me away from Mass Effect 3. The controls took a chapter or two to get used to, but I think they really work. It's definitely different from the usual, and the option of dual-analog may have helped its cause a bit more, but I still think it suits the level design and enemies of the game very well.

The graphics are also very nice, and this is amplified by the level design. I mean just from what I've played, I've seen underwater ruins, flaming depths, a techno castle, brilliant blue skies...there's just a lot of soul to this game. This comes across in the characters as well. I mean, no matter what role they've played so far, they're all memorable. Pit, Magnus, Dark Pit, Medusa, Thanatos, Hedraw, Pandora etc...just very well written and hilarious. Of course, I think the breakout character is Palutena, who has had most of the best lines. I'm also interested to see how the story plays out, as there seems to be a lot of hints towards the true nature of the relationship between Pit and Palutena. I'm intrigued, if nothing else.

The gameplay is fun, frenetic and constantly flowing, and I haven't found myself thinking "this is dull" at any point thus far. The sheer amount of ways in which Pit can do damage to his opponents is mind-boggling. I'm currently using the Beam Claws, but all the weapons I've used so far have been fun while also offering some noticeable differences in playstyle. I've only played the multi once, and I got my arse kicked, but the same seemed to hold true there.

I'm gonna go back and play it now. But my God, this is how you bring back a long-dormant franchise. Welcome back, Pit.

• Thumbs Up 5

So I just beat Chapter 9, pretty damn amazing. Wasn't expecting that at all.

*Goes to offering, gives Palutena 20,415 hearts, only moves a tiny bit towards the screen*

She wants to play this game? Okay, let's play.

So I just beat Chapter 9, pretty damn amazing. Wasn't expecting that at all.

*Goes to offering, gives Palutena 20,415 hearts, only moves a tiny bit towards the screen*

She wants to play this game? Okay, let's play.

That's weird. I've given Palutena 125,000 hearts and her feet touch touch the bar with the number on it now. Maybe it's about the number of offerings you give her instead of the actual amount?

Edited by mcsleepy

That's weird. I've given Palutena 125,000 hearts and her feet touch touch the bar with the number on it now. Maybe it's about the number of offerings you give her instead of the actual amount?

ah, someone told me 100,000 is the number you need to hit in order to get her to the screen. Guess that means I need some more hearts.

ah, someone told me 100,000 is the number you need to hit in order to get her to the screen. Guess that means I need some more hearts.

Yeah I just read something like that as well. Apparently in increases the chances of sales in the shop. And silly me, my stupid brain thought 20,000 was higher than 100,000 >.>

I also just read something else related to the Offering too.

Spoilers

In the hidden options menu, you can change the menu motif to the Viridi theme, and in doing so, you can offer hearts to Viridi instead of Palutena.

Edited by mcsleepy

Seems a lot of people aren't pleased with their cards - why not set up some trades or something, or even scan them in so people can print them out and use them?

That's probably not a bad idea, although I'm going to hold out for a while until I get my booster packs from Club Nintendo and I believe ONM are giving away a pack of AR cards with their next issue, so I might be able to get a few of the ones I want from those.

Just finished Chapter 14. Wow that was epic!

The music was brilliant, Thanatos coming back I didn't expect and the air battle was epic as hell.

I've been hearing great things about this game; that it's the best looking 3DS game to date, and that it's the best series reboot since Metroid Prime nearly a decade ago. Would you in possession of it agree or disagree with those assessments?

Oh, definitely. Controls can be a bit of a pain, but it's still fantastic. Adding to what you said, the writing is top notch.

I've been hearing great things about this game; that it's the best looking 3DS game to date, and that it's the best series reboot since Metroid Prime nearly a decade ago. Would you in possession of it agree or disagree with those assessments?

I would agree wholeheartedly.

No doubt about it, this is how you bring back a franchise. People may quibble over whether the controls are up to scratch or not, but there's undeniably been a hell of a lot of effort poured into this game, and it shines through magnificently.

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2012/03/22/kid-icarus-uprising-ar-card-scan-collection/

Your wish has been granted.

(I'm in Chapter 16 or 17, and OH MY GOD THAT JUST HAPPENED I MEAN ASDSAFASFASDSFDASD)

http://www.wiininten...can-collection/

Your wish has been granted.

(I'm in Chapter 16 or 17, and OH MY GOD THAT JUST HAPPENED I MEAN ASDSAFASFASDSFDASD)

Huh, it seems the US has a different card style than Europe. The code is also AKDE-XXX instead of AKDP-XXX.

I still posted a few that weren't there. I doubt you can't cross use them.

Chapter 18, and

Pit's been a ring for 3 years, his body is killing people, and you get to play AS MAGNUS

YESYESYESYES

EDIT: Just finished Solo mode. This is a beautiful game and all of you need to buy this.

THIS IS A NECESSITY

EVERY 3DS OWNER NEEDS TO HAVE THIS GAME

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, it's probably one of the best Nintendo games in a few years.

The story is damn good for a Nintendo game, giving you twists and turns every couple of chapters, the writing and dialogue is hilarious, and the VA's aren't half bad.

The gameplay for the flying segments are fun, with beautiful backgrounds, and the action that makes it seem more then a just rail shooter. If they had a bit more alternate paths, I'd put these right up there with Starfox 64. The ground segments are also enjoyable, with again the action and certain gimmicks (warps, rail-grinds, vehicles) making it unique.

The default controls weren't my thing (hate games that force you to use the stylus for majority of the game) so I switched them to be more like Snake Eater 3D/Metroid Prime Hunters, using the face buttons to move the reticule/camera instead. Much better imo.

And the mulitplayer is very chaotic and competitive, just the way I like 'em. Plus with all the weapons and hearts that transfer to Single player mode, it makes everything have tons of replayability.

So yes, this is arguably the best 3DS game. Really surprised me how amazing this game is. The reviews and previews don't do this game justice imo.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

So, beat the game. It was great. If anyone is interested here's the cast list(I missed Pit and Dark Pit, but I know Pit is voiced by Antony Del Rio and I'm sure Dark Pit is, too)

Pit/Dark Pit - Antony Del Rio

Palutena - Ali Hillis

Viridi - Hynden Walch

Magnus/Poseidon - Fred Tatasciore

Gaol/Phsophora - Kari Whalgren

Hewdraw/Thanatos - Danny Mann

Pandora - Nika Futterman

Arlon/Pyhron - Troy Baker

Chariot Master/Dyntos - Alan Oppenheimer

Medusa - Cree Summer

Hades - Scott Bullock

Edited by Marcellove

Chapter 15-17 thoughts

Why hello there Starfox! Seriously, I kept getting Starfox vibes especially during the flying parts, and that made me wish Sakurai would make a Starfox game even more.

Also, Pyhhrron was instantly my favorite character, till he turned evil. Jerk.

Chapter 18-20 thoughts

Just wow....I am in total shock. I mean Pit being a ring for 3 years, Palutena being taken over by Chaos Kin, and controlling the other characters was cool for that part. Also having Viridi as your guide is awesome. I also felt a tad bit sorry for killing the Chariot Master. Palutena's soul being kidnapped and Dark Pit coming in to the rescue was unexpected. These 3 chapters was just a big mindfuck, and definitely some of my favorites.

Pit: Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Viridi: No we're not! No we're not!

Pit: How big's this tower anyway? We just had a loading screen a couple of minutes ago!

Viridi: Shhh! We're not suppose to talk about that!

Yep, as stated many times before, this game is amazing. Time to galley up and finish it today....D:

Edited by Nintendoga

Holy CRAP, the voice of Skeletor is in this game?! That's friggin' awesome!

:D

I'm doing the Club Nintendo survey, and one of the questions is whether I'd be interested in buying card packs in stores for 1€, so it seems NOE is thinking about bringing them to stores!

Nintendo of America asks a similar question but, they don't ask about a price. It's just something like "Would you be interested in collecting more packs of AR cards?"

I do not have a 3DS, but I have an announcement to make:

GOOD GRAVY MY EARS ARE SO HAPPY

That is all.

<3

I do not have a 3DS, but I have an announcement to make:

GOOD GRAVY MY EARS ARE SO HAPPY

That is all.

<3

There's a better version. (in my opinion)

but it hasn't been uploaded to youtube.

Anyway, has anyone checked the music gallery? For some reason, my Chapter 18 plays the music from Chapter 12. Anyone else having this problem?

IT WASN'T A PROBLEM APPARENTLY

SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAI

anyway i found the song that i wanted (hint it isn't the Dark pit thing)

Edited by Cola

There's a better version. (in my opinion)

but it hasn't been uploaded to youtube.

Anyway, has anyone checked the music gallery? For some reason, my Chapter 18 plays the music from Chapter 12. Anyone else having this problem?

Not a problem, they're both the same.

Not a problem, they're both the same.

Funny, I don't remember that song showing up at all in that chapter.

In fact, I'm almost certian it doesn't. I've played it like... 4 times now.

There should be the music that played when you were... um...

in the 2nd "section" of Chapter 18 instead, I believe.

Edited by Cola