Awoo.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Marcello

I haven't really been following Uprising very closely, but I'm still interested in the title. My biggest concern is that the controls seemed rather awkward in all of the footage I've seen.

Any word on whether it'll be using the circle pad?

No word for sure, but it doesn't sound like it. I think Nintendo don't want to admit the standard controls are nerfed in comparison. Here's hoping though because I hated how Metroid Prime Hunters controlled and I here this is similar. Something like Resident Evil Revelations will play just fine without the add-on but KIU could really use it IMO.

The game comes out in like 2 months, when are we getting our anime shorts? :/

Found some info from another forum. Info from the latest ONM

-the first 3 bosses in the game are Twinbellows (3-headed fire dog) then Dark Lord Gaol (evil looking knight dude) and Hewdraw (3-headed dragon that you fight in the sky)

-During the Hewdraw fight depending on which head you cut off first the dialouge changes and if you take to long Paluntena attacks it with her God Blast.

-Characters like Magnus and Dark Pit don't neccesarily have big roles. Many characters appear in this game for 1 chapter and that's it.

-There are 9 classes of weapons:

-Bows

-Swords

-Clubs

-Gloves

-Guns

-Bombs

-Arm Canons

-'magical orbiting turrets'

-Staves

-Each category has a lot of weapons which you unlock throughout the game by doing achievements, streetpass or in chests

-you can't change weapons mid-chapter and in-between chapters you can buy and sell weapons.

-There is a trophy-like feature which involves the AR cards.

-The game has spotpass

-There are many bad puns within the game XD

-Medusa's army arn't the only villains in this game. Characters like Drak lord Goal are on entirelly different teams to medusa.

-You can go back and play any chapter once it is done and cutscenes are purposely very short.

-The circle Pad Pro is used but only with a left handed control scheme. You can't use it to control the camera instead of using the stylus.

-I think i might have read something about weapons leveling up in multiplayer but not single player.

-Also the game was made with the flying sections in mind and the land battles were added because sakurai knew that you can't have a full game with only the flying sections

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh well, I'm still gonna get KIU. I now have no reason to care about buying the circle pad pro though.

I dunno, This game looks amazing, but I can't enjoy it cause the controls look like a clusterfuck for left-handed people like me. Didn't Sakurai say there was going to be another control mode for left handed people? Was anything else ever said more on that? If not, then hello Circle-Pad.

There's a couple thing's I'd like to bring up regarding Pit in this title.

1) His new voice is none other thatn Johnny Young Bosch of Power Rangers and Bleach fame.

2) He now has a new rival in the form of Dark Pit (which is essentially the fallen angel color in Brawl)

• Thumbs Up 1

The Circle-Pad is being used for left-handed controls...

Yeah, just found that out right after I posted it. wacko.png

I should really start following this game more.

There's a couple thing's I'd like to bring up regarding Pit in this title.

1) His new voice is none other thatn Johnny Young Bosch of Power Rangers and Bleach fame.

2) He now has a new rival in the form of Dark Pit (which is essentially the fallen angel color in Brawl)

What? I thought Lani Minella was still voicing him? When did that change? Bosch wasn't all that good in Bleach from what I heard, but I liked him in Eureka 7, which I expect his voice to sound like then.

Where'd you get that info?

So is using the circle pad pro the only left handed option? If so I wouldn't bother with the game if I was left handed for the fact that to be able to play it I'd have to spent $60 while right handed players only pay $40.

So is using the circle pad pro the only left handed option? If so I wouldn't bother with the game if I was left handed for the fact that to be able to play it I'd have to spent $60 while right handed players only pay $40.

Oh, suck it up, you guys have it fine. Everyone in Australia pays $60, and I imagine the left-handers have to pay even more.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Wait, he's being voiced by Ichigo Kurosaki's voice actor?

...I can dig that. biggrin.png

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, suck it up, you guys have it fine. Everyone in Australia pays $60, and I imagine the left-handers have to pay even more.

I'm not left handed, it was hypothetical.

Maybe I wasn't reading close enough but, I saw no mention of Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Pit in Nintendo Power's preview. Maybe he voices Dark Pit?

Edited by Hero Of Fate

He definitely sounds like Bosch, and he'd kind of fit as well, since he could voice regular Pit, which uses his "nice/shy guy" voice (Emil, Renton) and he could voice Dark Pit and use his "badass guy" voice (Angry Mode Emil, Ichigo)

Though I remember reading somewhere that Bosch himself said he wasn't voicing Pit, but now his wiki page says he is and apparently nintendo power confirmed it butohgodsoconfusing.

Are their scans of this article anywhere? I'd like to read it.

Anyway, this just in from Sakurai's Twitter

http://nintendo3dsbl...he-3ds-in-japan

In Japan, the game will be bundled with a stand for the 3DS, which apparently makes it easier to use the touch screen. The game will also be bundled with 6 AR cards.

Didn't see that coming.

Edited by mcsleepy

Are their scans of this article anywhere? I'd like to read it.

Anyway, this just in from Sakurai's Twitter

http://nintendo3dsbl...he-3ds-in-japan

In Japan, the game will be bundled with a stand for the 3DS, which apparently makes it easier to use the touch screen. The game will also be bundled with 6 AR cards.

Didn't see that coming.

The AR Cards or the stand? The cards have been known for a while now..

Guys- GUYS-

Kid_Icarus-Uprising_JA.jpg

Compared to this:

kid_icarus_uprising_box_art.jpg

Is it bad that I like the American one more?

I mean, in the original he looks like he's just posing, but in the altered one, he looks like he was caught- in the middle of some action, and just happened to glance at the camera right when the "picture" was taken.

Other changes include the sky being "less pink" and the image is slightly cropped. I don't mind that it's cropped either, as it keeps the focus on what's important, but I don't like how that one guy in the top-right is kinda chopped off.