Awoo.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Marcello

I keep switching it up since I like to mix things alot, but I enjoy the claw weapons, namely the Brawler Claws, Wolf Claws, and the Pandora ones. I like the power of the clubs too, especially the meaty Black Club, but it's way too slow for my tastes.

Atm though I have a 304 Royal Blade with +4 freezing. It's alright I guess, but I don't like it much. Trying to get another weapon to fuse it with that doesn't loose the freezing aspect.

I should probably add I kinda use just one weapon all together for both online and multiplayer. I don't know why I do honestly, since I'd probably be better at one player with a longer ranged weapon, but oh well

• 3 weeks later...

No sequel for Kid Icarus Uprising

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/10/no-sequel-for-kid-icarus-uprising/

Sakurai says:

…because we pushed a lot into the game in order to let people have this short yet deep experience, but the novelty of that would likely grow thin in the next game. For now, my thought is that perhaps we’ll see someone else besides me make another Kid Icarus in another 25 years.

That seems a huge shame, really, although I would like to think that another sequel wouldn't be 25 years in the making, especially since this one seemed to do really well.

Speaking of, I really, REALLY need to get back to this game. It kind of dropped off my radar for a couple of weeks and I was having a great time with it! Although not really being too good at it (I have done all the levels I've played on 2.0 intensity and most of the time get my butt handed to me), I played against a friend who did a lot of the game in 9.0 intensity in the versus mode and beat him every time, even against his "superweapons". Good times.

So I went and got the game a few days ago.

...this is the greatest piece of portable software I've ever played in my entire life. Best 3DS game I've ever played: it had the presentation, it has great content, it has high replayable value thanks to the difficulty levels, weapon customization, and WiFi services (though I keep getting my ass handed to me, why did I have to wait to get the game... ;-; I've yet to win once...!), the story was great, so was the music, but what stole the show here...

...god damn it, I love the cast of the game! XD That made it fun! The dialogue was the best part!

• Thumbs Up 3

My cards arrived today!

I got Eggplant Bomb, Splin, Smart Bomb, Gaol (Withouth her helmet), Ancient Staff, Predator Cannon, Great Reaper, Skuttler Mage, Happy Trigger, Bouncy Bomb, Cellular Handora and Galactic Fiend Kraken

• 5 years later...

OOOHOHOHOHO, guess who's about to give this thread a big old bump!

Coming in from 2018 and still no sign of a sequel to one Nintendo's greatest achievements. Though, all is not lost as I've stumbled upon this!

.png

Project Site

Even with my extreme and unapologetic bias towards this series, I didn't think this needed a topic all to itself (especially seeing as I'm one of the few enlightened and non-foolish people on this forum who care for this series).

This is basically a rough fan project developed by 12 lovely people (for a school project) over the course of a little less than 2 months. It aims to be a short demo of the original Kid Icarus brought into 3D. So, none of the extra mechanics or moveset Uprising brought to the series. I like to think of as a what if a Kid Icarus game was made for the N64 but given a modern day graphical touch-up sort of thing.

Like I said before though, this is a rough fan project developed under a short time window by a limited team. It's not optimized in the slightest (even my GTX 1080 had some troubles keeping a steady framerate) so anything under its system recommendations (on the site) is probably going to have a rough time. Also keep in mind that this is aiming to simulate the original, not Uprising. So all the minor things that go along with that distinction are present as well.

Personally, I absolutely love what this is. A lovely little demo for a series I adore with modern day tech thrown in. I'm both laughing and crying at the fact that even with this being a small thing, it's probably pushing more graphical features than anything Nintendo would put out these days (if they even bother with the franchise to begin with). The aesthetic is gorgeous and really shows what this series could be if given the time and day on modern tech.

I can't tell you how nice it is to actually have something new and related to Kid Icarus to play again. It's like seeing a small glimmer of light after 6 long years of darkness (give or take if you count Smash 4 which I'm half and half on). I really hope that the team behind this continues to work on it. I'd love to see some more combat options added. Also, making the areas in the middle of Sky Wold playable would be great too.

But yeah, that's about it. Here's a video for those of you who can't run this.

So go! Download and try it out for yourself if you can! I'd say hurry before Nintendo takes it down, but I doubt they even remember that they own this property at this point.

God dang it Stricker you had me thinking this was a new game D:

But yeah, I saw this on gamexplain a week ago. It really does look pretty good for something that a group of people just made in such a short timeframe. I would say i'm hoping they continue it at some point and make it into a full on game but then I remember Nintendo doesn't like fan projects so it'd probably get shut down anyway.

27 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

I would say i'm hoping they continue it at some point and make it into a full on game but then I remember Nintendo doesn't like fan projects so it'd probably get shut down anyway.

I think that's probably only true under certain very specific circumstances.  The ones I can think of them going after were all some combination of high-profile, in competition with or too closely derived from official releases, or capable of making actual money - but there are plenty of fangames and large fangaming sites they've never touched.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

God dang it Stricker you had me thinking this was a new game D:

I'm sorry I took you that close to the sun my friend.

Though, I'll have you know I'd never contain that kind of news in some old friend. Nah, I'd blast that shit in a new thread for everyone to see. XD