Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

The very last character you can unlock with lums in the Heroes Gallery and the one you unlock for getting all 700 teensies look a bit different to the usual Rayman/Globox/Teensies/Barbara recolours though... maybe there are a couple of cool secrets tucked away for expert players? Either that or they're just well disguised and I've just got wishful thinking.

I thought the same thing.

I'll tell you now that it's wishful thinking. ^^;

I thought the same thing.

I'll tell you now that it's wishful thinking. ^^;

Do you know what those secret unlockables are then? Please don't crush my dreams of being able to play as one of the Livid Dead grannies ;_;

Do you know what those secret unlockables are then? Please don't crush my dreams of being able to play as one of the Livid Dead grannies ;_;

I've got the 700 Teensy unlockable, it's not very good.

I don't have all the Lum unlockables yet but I can kinda make out the silhouettes so don't get your hopes up for those either.

I've got the 700 Teensy unlockable, it's not very good.

I don't have all the Lum unlockables yet but I can kinda make out the silhouettes so don't get your hopes up for those either.

Dammit Ubisoft you had 7 extra months to add in at least one decent secret character, I am disappoint

I'm wondering about the DRM with the Steam version. Rayman Origins practically had lack of DRM as a selling point (to the degree where you could actually play the game without the Steam client), so I'm curious about how intrusive UPlay is for Legends. Are there installation limits, and do I have to activate it everytime I install it? If there are indeed limits, then I'm going to have to pass on this one.

Didn't know there's a steelbook edition of Rayman Legends exclusively at HMV in the UK. 

rayman-steelbook.jpg

http://www.hmv.com/games/rayman-legends

Typical that we'd find this out after the game's been available for half a week already :P

On the plus side, HMV has something worth going in store for! Must mean they're on the up after all the administration fiasco!

Did anyone try the Vita demo that released yet? The Vita port is really well done, as it feels smoother than Origins (as the game is now locked at 60 FPS rather than being at 60 FPS most of the time) and it looks amazing on the OLED screen. I also noticed that the controls feel, tighter and more responsive than Origins as well (most likely from the tweaked physics and added momentum).

The Murphy controls on Vita surprised me, as they felt much better to use than the GamePad at the GameStop stations (most likely because the Vita is lighter than the GamePad :)). While I am irked about the cut Invasion levels (as the game is only a GB, so lack of space couldn't have been the reason why they were cut) and hope they get patched in, I will keep my plans on getting the Vita version after playing the demo.

I think that was posted here already man tongue.png, and its not like they are a significant chunk of the game (the Invasion levels look to be more or less expanded version of the time attack runs ala time trials in Origins), not to mention the Vita version is almost 20 dollars cheaper than the PS3/360/Wii U builds. It does suck that they are cut for what looks to be no real reason, but with Ubisoft doing such a great job putting the game on Vita, I would think they are either being patched into the game (they cant take up so much space, maybe a 200-300 MB file) or as free/cheap DLC before October comes.

Either way, its nice the game even came to Vita, in a great way too, so its better than nothing wink.png.

Oh good I'm not the only one who feels this way about Legends... Is it just me but it also feels short as fuck? And I whole heartedly agree with you Jez about the final world... 300 Teensies for..That? It was so underwhelming and kinda lazy, it has nothing on the gauntlet that was Land of the Livid dead from Origins and as much as I love the Barbara recolours (most actually aren't recolours because they have different clothing, hair, accessories, weapons etc. Not to mention completely individual personalities in their paintings) Yeah it feels like Legends has no direction and Ubi feels it's acceptable to reinforce the games back bone with return to Origins rather than making new content and letting this game stand on it's own as a sequel to Origins so it feels like... Much prettier DLC for Origins rather than a stand alone game.

The challenge isn't very great in this game either, I have more trouble with the endless challenge gauntlets than any of this game, even the final level in Livid Dead Party portrait.

Btw, Twila is best character c:<

Edited by okinoS repuS

I wonder than, if the game is more or less a glorified level pack, than why is it getting such high scores across the board with reviews than? I got the impression that the game is much easier than Origins in the demo, but it cant be that easy across the whole game......Origins had some tough stages (those dam Miskito levels and underwater stages angry.png) so Legends not having any is dishearten.

I wanted to check I also wasn't just being paranoid about Origins being longer, so I just booted them both up to directly compare number of levels.

This is going by the score display on the map screen to decide if they are a "proper" level or a "bonus" level - i.e. whether they have 5 or 3 Electoon Medals to collect in Origins, and 10 or 3 Teensies to save in Legends.  So in Origins, shooting, nymph saving, treasure chasing, boss fight etc levels are all "bonus" ones.

So, including Land of the Livid Dead, Origins has 32 "proper" levels, and 32 "bonus" levels.  Let's say 48 levels altogether if we consider the bonus ones to be "half" levels.

Legends, ignoring the Back To Origins levels of course, has only 26 "proper" levels, but, including the Invasions (since they basically are new level designs, many don't even resemble their original version), it has 55 "bonus" levels.  This would make 53 and a half levels new to Legends.

Overall though, replaying the Origins levels, they do often somehow "feel" longer to me, so maybe that has something to do with it too.  And a lot of the bonus levels in Legends are most certainly shorter than their equivalents in Origins (music levels vs shooter levels, boss levels being just a boss, no leadup to it etc, invasion levels only being 40 seconds long when played victoriously).

I wonder than, if the game is more or less a glorified level pack, than why is it getting such high scores across the board with reviews than? I got the impression that the game is much easier than Origins in the demo, but it cant be that easy across the whole game......Origins had some tough stages (those dam Miskito levels and underwater stages angry.png) so Legends not having any is dishearten.

Legends has underwater levels but no shooter levels.  The music levels sort of replace them as the "end of world bonus level", but there's much less of them than there were shooter levels.

It doesn't have the shooter levels....they were quite fun in Origins, so its a shame they aren't in the game (outside of the Back to Origins levels). It sounds like judging from your guys impressions that Legends was a disappointment with the talk of the game being easer, having no story, and feeling all over the place (the levels just be there basically). Will have to play the game myself to see if I find it disappointing too this month as even if the demo was easy, it was really fun and the 5 levels I played (both the PS3 and Vita demos) felt more "grand" than Origins was (dat music in the opening section in Toad Story and Castle Rock man biggrin.png).

I wanted to check I also wasn't just being paranoid about Origins being longer, so I just booted them both up to directly compare number of levels.

This is going by the score display on the map screen to decide if they are a "proper" level or a "bonus" level - i.e. whether they have 5 or 3 Electoon Medals to collect in Origins, and 10 or 3 Teensies to save in Legends.  So in Origins, shooting, nymph saving, treasure chasing, boss fight etc levels are all "bonus" ones.

So, including Land of the Livid Dead, Origins has 32 "proper" levels, and 32 "bonus" levels.  Let's say 48 levels altogether if we consider the bonus ones to be "half" levels.

Legends, ignoring the Back To Origins levels of course, has only 26 "proper" levels, but, including the Invasions (since they basically are new level designs, many don't even resemble their original version), it has 55 "bonus" levels.  This would make 53 and a half levels new to Legends.

Overall though, replaying the Origins levels, they do often somehow "feel" longer to me, so maybe that has something to do with it too.  And a lot of the bonus levels in Legends are most certainly shorter than their equivalents in Origins (music levels vs shooter levels, boss levels being just a boss, no leadup to it etc, invasion levels only being 40 seconds long when played victoriously).

Legends has underwater levels but no shooter levels.  The music levels sort of replace them as the "end of world bonus level", but there's much less of them than there were shooter levels.

So the Invasion stages are glorified time trails than after all? Maybe Ubi should have done what they did with Origins and have every level have a time trail, so that way these Invasion levels could have been transformed into full levels rather than bits and pieces of them. Origins was quite the long game (with a ton of stages and a lot of replay value), so Legends cutting corners in that regard is quite sad.

So the Invasion stages are glorified time trails than after all? Maybe Ubi should have done what they did with Origins and have every level have a time trail, so that way these Invasion levels could have been transformed into full levels rather than bits and pieces of them.

Well in a way I do prefer the Invasion levels because unlike Origins these time trials are majorly changed - like literally some are practically whole new levels - just very very short ones.  If you don't mind spoiling one, here's the one for the first level from the demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psNUSmqo3YA

So while they are shorter than Origin's speedruns, they are at least 50-80% new content each time rather than just literally the same level but do it fast.

I also think that levels that demand perfection from you are better in short bursts.  If the Invasion levels had been like 2 minutes long rather than 40 seconds and still demanded you do it all in one life, hoo boy that would be too much for me.

Edited by JezMM

Actually I'm wondering if it's just easy to me because I've gone through a whole game before of challenging platforming? Now that I think about it some of the invasion levels were so fucking precise to save all teensies, simply doing the level as fast as you could just wouldn't cut it by normal means, you have to exploit the small boosts you get when dash attacking, or dash attack jumping actually sends you flying off ramps like a cannon shot you, with some of these extra skills you can skip parts of the level by bouncing over enemies heads to gain more height too, it's crazy and precise but doable, I had trouble with one of the 20,000 Lums under the sea invasions, the one where you had to clear out all the enemies WHILST being chased by a shadow Rayman, on a tight 40 second limit to save all the teensies, you had to clear 5 rooms then run up a pipe to reach the teensies, but what made it hard was you constantly had to keep moving, because if you stop, Rayman catches and kills you (think Shadow Clone Mario from the Galaxy games/3D land) whilst also dealing and dispatching enemies with no heart with pure speed and precision, that took me a good few attempts.

Vita will get the missing levels. Coming in a free patch later on.

http://blog.ubi.com/rayman-legends-out-now/

hanks so much for you passion about this game. I'm currently playing the Vita version and loving it. That said, I know some of you have questions about the Vita version, so here's what's going on: Due to a longer development time than expected, we couldn’t initially include the Invasion Mode – essentially, a second take on existing Rayman Legends maps -- in the Vita version of the game. However, we can confirm that the Invasion Mode will be added via a free patch, at a later date. With more than 100 levels, online Coop and challenges, Kung-Foot mini-game, 5 exclusive touch challenges developed specifically for the VITA and 2 exclusive costumes, Rayman Legends already includes a lot for customers to love, and features the same outstanding graphics and gameplay design as the home console versions.

Good new guys, the Invasion mode is being patched in the Vita version!

Ubisoft finally commented with this statement:
"Thanks so much for you passion about this game. I'm currently playing the Vita version and loving it. That said, I know some of you have questions about the Vita version, so here's what's going on: Due to a longer development time than expected, we couldn’t initially include the Invasion Mode – essentially, a second take on existing Rayman Legends maps -- in the Vita version of the game. However, we can confirm that the Invasion Mode will be added via a free patch, at a later date. With more than 100 levels, online Coop and challenges, Kung-Foot mini-game, 5 exclusive touch challenges developed specifically for the VITA and 2 exclusive costumes, Rayman Legends already includes a lot for customers to love, and features the same outstanding graphics and gameplay design as the home console versions." http://blog.ubi.com/rayman-legends-out-now/

Edit: Beaten :(, at least Vita owners will be able to fully enjoy Legends now :)

Nice to know the Vita version will be patched with the missing levels, but I still don't see why they had to censor/remove the comments pointing the initial lack of said levels though.

Nice to know the Vita version will be patched with the missing levels, but I still don't see why they had to censor/remove the comments pointing the initial lack of said levels though.

They wanted it to be a huge announcement to go alongside the EU release? That would be the most likely case as the EU version was delayed till the 12th, so maybe that patch will go live than. At least they aren't making it paid DLC and the fact that the Vita version is really good (60FPS, Native Resolution, bonus levels, Prince of Persia/Splinter Cell skins, and touch control) makes this announcement that much better :).

Well, went into work today (GAME) and found that Legends has actually been released on Vita a week ahead of schedule! Picked up my copy and will trade in my 360 one at a later date. :D

nE3d0VD.jpg

Rayman Fiesta Run possibly leaked [well, announced] at Ubisoft's digital conference?

I'm assuming it'll be a sequel to Rayman Jungle Run based on the Legends engine instead of the Origins one.

• Thumbs Up 1