Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Trust me, you guys aren't missing much with these exclusive levels. 

Honestly not keen at all on the touch-based Murphy levels. The Vita version itself is stunning, couldn't be more like its console brethren, but the fact that (what feels like) half of the levels aren't even controlled by you makes the game feel like...well, half a Rayman game to me. I'm sure it's great fun in 2-player, but as a single-player experience I'd pick the PS360 version any day.

I guess with Rayman no longer being Wii U exclusive, they wanted to get rid of the NFC features.

Yeah we couldn't have a version having content that the others don't now could we.  *stares at the 5 exclusive vita levels*

NFC levels were never in the Wii U version either. Not by the time the game was showed to the public at least. They only appeared in the leaked trailer as a tech demo.

Yeah I did figure it was a cut feature generally since we never saw them after the concept trailer.  I was hoping whatever they had in mind for them would have made it into the game anyway though, like maybe having Rabbids in a bonus level.

Having said that it WAS just a concept trailer so the Rabbids animation and programming we saw could have literally been all that was ever made.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=211775

Wii U #27 in All Games

PS3... #650

I really want to see the sales. I remember a lot of people saying it would do poorly on Wii U because of the install base. If that's the case, why is it topping 360/PS3 in many regions?

Hell, I wonder what the sales would be if they didn't delay it and instead released it early where there was a software drought.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=211775

Wii U #27 in All Games

PS3... #650

I really want to see the sales. I remember a lot of people saying it would do poorly on Wii U because of the install base. If that's the case, why is it topping 360/PS3 in many regions?

Hell, I wonder what the sales would be if they didn't delay it and instead released it early where there was a software drought.

Outside of a handful of Nintendo games like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Luigi U, and Lego City, there really isn't much on Wii U, not to mention the fact that Legends is the defacto 3d party Wii U game (as it does the best job displaying the GamePad's usefulness to games, notably in a co-op environment), so Legends doing best on Wii U isn't that surprising looking at things that way tongue.png.

PS3/360 version are going up with GTA V, Splinter Cell Blacklist and the upcoming wave of huge wave of games coming, so those versions have a lot up against them. The Vita version might be doing the worst, as its going up against Killzone Mercenary (which looks to be quite the game :)) and a few other Vita games, so there's that too.

Legends really should have did the Resident Evil 4 route with its exclusivity (launch on Wii U, then 6 months latter, come to the rest of the platforms with the extra levels/content with said content being inexpensive/free DLC for Wii U), but otherwise, things look good for the game sales wise :).

In Rayman Origins I have never beaten the 10th skull tooth-running stage because it's extremely difficult. I had also never heard of the 'Land of the Livid Dead' level in Rayman Origins until a few days ago. Therefore, I have never 'properly' completed the game.

So I decided I want to do this!

I have just played the 10th skull tooth stage, and after about 40 minutes I finally managed to beat it. So I can now access the Land of the Livid Dead level.

As for the 10th tooth stage. It looks so simple, and yet it's so viciously hard. Too hard IMO.

caution.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxbgQJANf4A

Once I have finished the Livid Dead stage, I will continue playing Rayman Legends (only played a few stages so far). 

For those who have completed Legends, in terms of the overall difficulty is it harder than Origins?

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine
  • Thumbs Up 1

For those who have completed Legends, in terms of the overall difficulty is it harder than Origins?

Overall no harder than the mandatory levels in Origins.  A couple of the Invasion levels are Livid Dead hard, but they're also very very short (about as long as a single checkpoint's worth of Livid Dead).

Since 100%ing I've been getting into Challenge mode again.  I had a poke around but couldn't see anything - is there anyway to just watch your friends' ghosts?  Obviously you can play alongside them but if you don't play at the same pace you don't really get to see them.

Also, people on the non-touchscreen versions: does challenge mode still make heavy usage of Murfy's Dungeon?  I can't imagine those being the same kind of challenge without touch screen since with the exception of a select few hazards pretty much all of it would just be regular playing but somehow mashing circle at the same time etc.

Edited by JezMM

Just completed the Toad Story area in Legends. So I have a looooooooooong way to go.

Generally enjoying it. I love the stages which make really cool use of the music, like 'Ochestra Chaos' and 'Castle Rock'.

The Murphy stages honestly don't bother me. I like the challenge it brings.

As for barbarian Barbara clones. In Origins you actually have to rescue the fairies (even though you don't play as them), whereas in Legends you just have to complete a level to unlock them. That's a bit lame. To be fair, it is fun playing as them instead of Rayman.

Since 100%ing I've been getting into Challenge mode again.  I had a poke around but couldn't see anything - is there anyway to just watch your friends' ghosts?  Obviously you can play alongside them but if you don't play at the same pace you don't really get to see them.

Yeah press pause and there's an option to turn off ghosts, or make it just friend's ghosts.

I know you're doing it to see mine :P

Yeah press pause and there's an option to turn off ghosts, or make it just friend's ghosts.

I know you're doing it to see mine tongue.png

No no I mean I wanna watch a recording of your friends ghosts as in, just watch them, as if they were playing in front of me, rather than playing alongside me.  Just watch a recording of your their playthrough so I can study and steal all your secrets for fun.

• Thumbs Up 3

Playing Legends. I won the Silver cup in the 'daily challenge' (that I did like a week ago). My reward.............2,500 lums. Meh....

Currently playing the '20,000 Lums Under the Sea' stages. I've rescued 255 Teensies so far. Still a long way to go.

Might have mentioned this already but for anyone who considers bragging rights not a reward in itself - the game doesn't even acknowledge you getting all Golden Lum Trophies on each stage.  Not even a congratulations and Lum bonus like the other points of progress give you.  So yeah, only go for them if you're OCD or just want to enjoy the challenge.

Might have mentioned this already but for anyone who considers bragging rights not a reward in itself - the game doesn't even acknowledge you getting all Golden Lum Trophies on each stage.  Not even a congratulations and Lum bonus like the other points of progress give you.  So yeah, only go for them if you're OCD or just want to enjoy the challenge.

Thanks for the heads up - getting all the Gold Lum Trophies is all I have left to do (besides getting ridiculous amounts of lums to unlock all of the characters), so knowing that there's not much reason to do so means I won't put too much time into it unless I'm bored and having nothing better to do.

I just thought of this today; what if they made a DL game ala Far Cry Blood Dragon/Gunslinger for Rayman Legends but have it sole be based of the music levels. A line up of 20-30 songs, both licensed and from other Ubisoft games, using assets from all games using the Ubi Art engine, and having expanded level designs that get more harder as you go through levels. I don't know its stupid or not, but the thought of a Rayman-ised version of Metallica's Master of Puppets playing as you run through a colorful rock concert or a dub-step version of Through the Fire and the Flames from Dragon Force playing as you run through a mixture of an invaded level with the Mexican and Fire levels from Legends sounds way to awesome biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually downloaded the Uplay app so I could see what achievement things I got and there's like... four of them.  All for doing ridiculously simple things.  Kinda lame considering the 360 and PS3 versions get a full set of achievements to grab.

I completed Legends yesterday. By completed I mean I have:

beaten all the main Legends stages, the final boss in the 'Olympus Maximus' world and all of the 8 bit versions of the musical running stages.

I have got 504 out of 700 Teensies.

To be honest my opinion of Legends is all over the place....

I like:

• The new stage clear screen/lum tallying system (minus the 'lucky').
  • I like that it is now easier to get the required amount of lums in order to get the golden trophy in each stage. It was so difficult to get the maximum amount of lums (350) in Origins, that it was almost sole destroying. With Legends you can still get the golden trophy even if you miss a few lums, which is much better.
  • I like the idea of collecting 10 Teensies in each stage. 
  • The musical running stages are an absolute blast. The music really helps guide you through the level. The 8 bit versions were really cool as well. Not as hard as you think they would be. I just wish they had done more of those stages, which are easily the highlight of the game.
  • The Murphy stages gave me no problems.
  • The bosses are okay, although not that different from Origins.

What I dislike:

• The 'invaded' stages seemed like a neat idea at first, but quickly becomes tedious. The 40 second requirement to get the third Teensie becomes very frustrating. In the end I just gave up and lost interest. I won't be playing those stages again.
  • As people have previously mentioned, this game barely has a story. Oh yeah, five evil Teensies. Hasn't that been done before? Wow such great writing! How about a proper villian like Andy from Rayman 3 or Razorbeard from Rayman Revolution (Rayman 2). The story in Origins was so much better. 
  • In terms of level progression, sometimes the stage environment/colour changes and this is not explained. At least in Origins when you move from one world to another (normally when Rayman travelled on that Dragonfly) you would see the world change, i.e from ice world to fire world. Yet with Legends the transition is all over the place. Each stage doesn't really feel part of a bigger story.
  • The painting hub worlds are also kind of tedious, having to run back and forth to different hub worlds at a snails pace which is cumbersome. The simple 'map' progression in Origins was so much better.
  • The 'lucky' tickets are tedious and time wasting.  
  • The 'back to Origins' stages don't just pad this game out. Legends would be too short without them! There is definitely a lack of new stage content in Legends. I also don't like that in some of the stages they re-use bits of old music and backgrounds from Origins. Where is the originality (no pun intended)?
  • Rayman Legends should have been called Rayman Origins 2. It's basically this with online content and weekly challenges. I find it hard to get any enjoyment from the replay value this game offers. I would recommend Origins over Legends any day. I just feel that Origins is better structured, more polished and overall a more enjoyable experience.
  • I have no desire to get all 700 Teensies.
  • You have dozens of playable characters in Legends which are more or less just re-skins of Rayman. Who the hell asked for them? Two or three would be more than enough.

Legends is a good game, and I am grateful Ubisoft brought it to PS3. Although delaying it for nearly half a year kind of sucked. Honestly though if Legends had been a Wii U exclusive and I had seen what the game was like, then I wouldn't be particularly bothered having not played it. I was surprised that Legends was announced so quickly after Origins, and they probably needed more time to do a better job.

I think it's time for a new, full 3d - Rayman 4 - game.

I actually downloaded the Uplay app so I could see what achievement things I got and there's like... four of them.  All for doing ridiculously simple things.  Kinda lame considering the 360 and PS3 versions get a full set of achievements to grab.

I got a Legends theme (not dynamic) for my PS3, which is pretty neat. The rest is just more lums. Pffffffffffffffffffft.

Legends is good but not great. Origins is better.

I completed Legends yesterday. By completed I mean I have:

beaten all the main Legends stages, the final boss in the 'Olympus Maximus' world and all of the 8 bit versions of the musical running stages.

I have got 504 out of 700 Teensies.

To be honest my opinion of Legends is all over the place....

I like:

• The new stage clear screen/lum tallying system (minus the 'lucky').
  • I like that it is now easier to get the required amount of lums in order to get the golden trophy in each stage. It was so difficult to get the maximum amount of lums (350) in Origins, that it was almost sole destroying. With Legends you can still get the golden trophy even if you miss a few lums, which is much better.
  • I like the idea of collecting 10 Teensies in each stage. 
  • The musical running stages are an absolute blast. The music really helps guide you through the level. The 8 bit versions were really cool as well. Not as hard as you think they would be. I just wish they had done more of those stages, which are easily the highlight of the game.
  • The Murphy stages gave me no problems.
  • The bosses are okay, although not that different from Origins.

What I dislike:

• The 'invaded' stages seemed like a neat idea at first, but quickly becomes tedious. The 40 second requirement to get the third Teensie becomes very frustrating. In the end I just gave up and lost interest. I won't be playing those stages again.
  • As people have previously mentioned, this game barely has a story. Oh yeah, five evil Teensies. Hasn't that been done before? Wow such great writing! How about a proper villian like Andy from Rayman 3 or Razorbeard from Rayman Revolution (Rayman 2). The story in Origins was so much better. 
  • In terms of level progression, sometimes the stage environment/colour changes and this is not explained. At least in Origins when you move from one world to another (normally when Rayman travelled on that Dragonfly) you would see the world change, i.e from ice world to fire world. Yet with Legends the transition is all over the place. Each stage doesn't really feel part of a bigger story.
  • The painting hub worlds are also kind of tedious, having to run back and forth to different hub worlds at a snails pace which is cumbersome. The simple 'map' progression in Origins was so much better.
  • The 'lucky' tickets are tedious and time wasting.  
  • The 'back to Origins' stages don't just pad this game out. Legends would be too short without them! There is definitely a lack of new stage content in Legends. I also don't like that in some of the stages they re-use bits of old music and backgrounds from Origins. Where is the originality (no pun intended)?
  • Rayman Legends should have been called Rayman Origins 2. It's basically this with online content and weekly challenges. I find it hard to get any enjoyment from the replay value this game offers. I would recommend Origins over Legends any day. I just feel that Origins is better structured, more polished and overall a more enjoyable experience.
  • I have no desire to get all 700 Teensies.
  • You have dozens of playable characters in Legends which are more or less just re-skins of Rayman. Who the hell asked for them? Two or three would be more than enough.

Legends is a good game, and I am grateful Ubisoft brought it to PS3. Although delaying it for nearly half a year kind of sucked. Honestly though if Legends had been a Wii U exclusive and I had seen what the game was like, then I wouldn't be particularly bothered having not played it. I was surprised that Legends was announced so quickly after Origins, and they probably needed more time to do a better job.

I think it's time for a new, full 3d - Rayman 4 - game.

I got a Legends theme (not dynamic) for my PS3, which is pretty neat. The rest is just more lums. Pffffffffffffffffffft.

Legends is good but not great. Origins is better.

I didn't play Legends yet, as I still have to get through Origins on Vita, but I think the whole mentality behind the development for Legends was a fun, stupid co-op games where you and some friends can sit on the couch and do stuff, rather than the zany but mostly old-school approach that Origins aimed to have. That idea fits well with the difficulty supposedly being much lower than Origins, the Murphy mechanics being built exclusively for co-op, and the game original being a Wii U exclusive (where this multiplayer focus makes since, as was the case with the Wii).

I loved what I played of the PS3 and Vita demos (and really love the music; its dam beautiful), and I really enjoy playing Origins on Vita, so I still plan on getting despite all the mixed opinions. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game man, but I will agree, Origins looks to be the more "complete" game in this case.

I do think Legends is the better game overall actually.  I found Origins on the whole much less memorable, whereas Legends, despite not really introducing any new mechanics, had much more individual character to each level.

I think it was more enjoyably hard though I can't put my finger on why.  But then everyone has their own threshold.  I just remember Origins exhausting me and my choosing to quit each session rather than having to due to other errands.

Edited by JezMM

I do think Legends was disappointing and could have been more.. it ironically feels a bit unfinished, no extra boss, no unlockable for getting all golds, something definitely seems missing.

But even then, the Legends stages, while not many, are really memorable and have some really great gimmicks. The stage design in general is much better than it was in Origins.

Yeah it's bizarre to think how barebones this game could have been.  I really wonder how much content was added (other than Origins stages of course, they did imply new levels other than that were made) due to the delay.

Also, now the game is out and all I kinda wish the Challenges had a bit more variety on them, or made use of main game levels sometime for timed challenges.  Kinda getting bored of the same 5 tropes over and over.

Edited by JezMM

The impression I got from the demos on PS3 and Vita were the game feeling more, grand, than Origins. Where Origins felt like a wacky adventure wrapped in a Sonic meets Original Rayman gameplay and level design that harkens back to the SNES days of 2d platforming, Legends feels much more open in the traditional Rayman stages and has an almost Mario Galaxy-esc feel in a few stages (notably the Toad Story level from the PS3 demo, dat music man biggrin.png).

I feel that Legends was going to be a simple game that had a buck of the game filled with the Murphy stages, much more Music stages, and a handful of traditional Rayman stages back when it was original supposed to come out, but the delay made Ubisoft make the game a bit messy; they had this simple game that they had to put MUCH MORE content to make it feel like a complete whole. That's whey the invasion stages, the more inventive traditional stages (20,000 Lums Under the Sea world comes to mind), and practically the entirety of Origins in the final version of Legends, as they make up for the lack of many Music stages (there should have been at least two for each word) and complement (depending on the version) the Murphy stages.

I cant wait to play the game and the demo had a much better game feel than Origins, but the game was built with simple intentions, not the grand intentions that everyone put on the game.

Edited by RK64

I just beat the Land of The Livid Dead stage and final boss in Origins for the first time ever. My goodness that was fucking hard! You literally have no margin for error what so ever. I think maybe Ubisoft made this stage a bit too hard. Legends never reaches this kind of difficulty. Like with most stages, you eventually learn the route and get through, but there are some incredibly tricky sections. 

The boss isn't too tough once you learn the routine. That epic stage is below:

Edit: 15/9. This LP of Land of The Livid Dead is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fBzobXILd8

Edited by -Bender-

I do think Legends was disappointing and could have been more.. it ironically feels a bit unfinished, no extra boss, no unlockable for getting all golds, something definitely seems missing.

But even then, the Legends stages, while not many, are really memorable and have some really great gimmicks. The stage design in general is much better than it was in Origins.

I do have to agree with you there about the final content; I would have thought that they would have went all out for the final world, but what WAS there is underwhelming.

I do think Legends is the better game overall actually.  I found Origins on the whole much less memorable, whereas Legends, despite not really introducing any new mechanics, had much more individual character to each level.

I think it was more enjoyably hard though I can't put my finger on why.  But then everyone has their own threshold.  I just remember Origins exhausting me and my choosing to quit each session rather than having to due to other errands.

Your talking about getting all the lums for each stage and there time trails right wink.png? That's the only real issue with Origins; the content there is awesome for the first few times through, but when you have to replay the stages over and over to get everything, it gets old quickly. Legends advantage here is that there a very flexible feel with its content (don't feel like playing the next Murphy stage? That's cool, play this Origins level instead or play this new world instead).