Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

It's kind of sad how forgettable this game was after all the love put into it.  Now that Sonic and Mario are nearly here, hell even Wind Waker, it feels like it'll be a little blip of fun in the Wii U's lifespan looking back and not much else.

Though honestly there was so little to it I kinda dread to think how it might have been without the content they supposedly added.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, Ubi did add most of Origins to the game and a lot of new levels (maybe a additional world or two over the original amount?), so its not like the delay made it a worse game, it made it a better one. No doubt it would have done better if it was an "exclusive" for a few months THEN come to PS3/360/Vita/PC around mid-August with some extra content (free for Wii U owners via DLC), but Ubi feared that the game would not have sold on Wii U....

I really think they should have pulled a RE4 here in regards to exclusivity; best of both worlds. But its good the game did solid on Wii U and that PS3/360/PC/Vita owners can join in on the fun too.

When I finished this game, I literally sold it because I don't see myself coming back to it any time soon... It just feels.. Short and incomplete?

Maybe that has to do with the format of the games presentation; Origins had a NSMB-style map where you go from world to world and the game was overall quite challenging. Legends looks to be the opposite, the toned-down difficulty along with the scattered hub with levels gives the impression that they didn't phone it in, but didn't make the game world feel...cohesive enough? I don't know, but the game feeling incomplete is really ironic considering all the content they added in from the delay; I wonder how short the game would have been when it launched back in March; it would of been bad if it was just two-three worlds....

Something tells me that despite the extra content added over it's duration, the delay has made the game's short content even more disappointing than it originally would had been had it been released back in February.

Edited by Yeow the Baneful

I notice the website had a small music game, and they had a creation mode, I gave it a shot, it's pretty cool I guess

Song 1: http://www.raymangame.com/beatbox/en-GB/f0a148f32a8f593435d5f4695e1652c8

Song2: http://www.raymangame.com/beatbox/en-GB/f0a148f32a8f593435d5f4695e1652c8

Song 3: http://www.raymangame.com/beatbox/en-GB/f0a148f32a8f593435d5f4695e1652c8

It's nothing fascinating but its pretty nice.

Edited by jordine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS-21PTmKPU

Ubisoft has announced a Rayman: Fiesta Run release date of November 7 on iOS and Android devices.

Developed by Ubisoft Casablanca, Rayman Fiesta Run builds on the foundations of the excellent Rayman Jungle Run with new features and modes.

The endless running platformer will feature 75 levels across four fiesta-inspired worlds. Rayman can now swim, shrink and has access to fresh power-ups to help tackle boss battles and the tougher 'Invasion' levels.

Social features will let players share achievements and challenge their friends to beat their high scores. The game will be priced at £1.99.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/435201/rayman-fiesta-run-dated/

• 3 weeks later...

...It's gonna look exactly the same.

I personally think Ubisoft made some terrible business moves with Rayman, and now they're panicking to band-aid those moves.

Uh....everyone who could possibly give a shit about it already has it for the consoles that are already out...but...yay...?

• Thumbs Up 5

Rayman Legends coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in February 2014

http://www.shopto.net/news/44640/Rayman-Legends-coming-to-Xbox-One-and-PS4/

Well... umm... yay? Don't see this selling any better on the new consoles than it did on the other ones.

Did it get delayed yet?

They should just make a new game.

Edited by jordine

It's relevant because neither of the systems have backwards compatibility. It should be a launch title on both platforms though, really.

It's relevant because neither of the systems have backwards compatibility. It should be a launch title on both platforms though, really.

Isn't the PS4 having a service where you can play PS3 games? It's not like other games where the next-gen versions will be night and day.

Edited by Autosaver

Rayman Legends coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in February 2014

http://www.shopto.net/news/44640/Rayman-Legends-coming-to-Xbox-One-and-PS4/

Well... umm... yay? Don't see this selling any better on the new consoles than it did on the other ones.

What if Murphy is kinect compatible?

They went from releasing it right next to GTA 5 on this generation of consoles to releasing it right next to inFAMOUS on the next. They have learned their lesson, truly.

• Thumbs Up 9

They should port Origins as well. All round it's a better game than Legends.

EDIT: Oh and Ubisoft how about a new 3D Rayman game for Wii U, PS4 & Xbone.

Edited by -Bender-

They should port Origins as well. All round it's a better game than Legends.

EDIT: Oh and Ubisoft how about a new 3D Rayman game for Wii U, PS4 & Xbone.

Isn't like.. half the game of Origins in Legends?

Isn't the PS4 having a service where you can play PS3 games? It's not like other games where the next-gen versions will be night and day.

At some point, yes. But I dunno when or whatever. Either way, the XB1 doesn't have such a service and it'll probably sell better as a native title. Don't really see any harm in this.

It's a good idea due to the lack of backwards compatibility, but I wonder if it's really a good idea considering the cost to produce the discs and boxes for it all.  Feels like they should just be download only titles.  They could even give it to you at a super low rate if you own the 360/PS3 version to earn them a quick extra buck towards future Rayman projects.

If it's a downloadable port like JezMM said, I guess it's OK. Making it a retail game would be a waste of resources.

Also agree that I think they should be just work on a new next-gen Rayman game.

Edited by Gabe Scrooge

Rayman Legends was delayed from its original Wii U release because Ubisoft didn't want to market the game twice for different consoles.

Now Ubisoft decide to market the game for a second time on different consoles.

Brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 3