Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Wait, I thought AC: Liberation was in HD already?

Liberation is the Vita title, AC3 is the console counterpart.

nE3d0VD.jpg

Rayman Fiesta Run possibly leaked [well, announced] at Ubisoft's digital conference?

That's awesome news; Jungle Run is my favorite iOS game and they did a great job converting Origins to iOS, so Festa Run running off of Legends content (like the invasion and music levels maybe?) sounds great :). AC Liberation HD, that sound odd considering they have AC IV coming this year and a HD version would iron out the kinks the Vita version had (bad frame rate, graphical glitches, gimmicks with gyro/touch screen), so that's also good news as well.

AC Pirates sounds like ether a iOS game (they did poor over the DS versions of the AC games to iOS) or another Vita spin off (they did say that Liberation was profitable and longer dev. time would prevent frame rate/graphical issues).

Liberation is the Vita title, AC3 is the console counterpart.

I think he was making a point that the Vita is HD

Though HD seems to just now be a term for "Upgraded port" since it's easy for the consumer to understand

I think he was making a point that the Vita is HD

Though HD seems to just now be a term for "Upgraded port" since it's easy for the consumer to understand

And the Vita isn't HD at 960x544.

• Thumbs Up 2

nE3d0VD.jpg

Rayman Fiesta Run possibly leaked [well, announced] at Ubisoft's digital conference?

I know this is sorta unrelated, but Rabbids: Big Bang?

Sounds like a adventure game in the veins of Rabbids Go Home rather than a party game. In which I do hope it is.

Wow so I'm playing through the Invasion levels and

You know what a big problem of this modern platformer genre in which the level is scripted entirely around you playing perfectly?

When you play so perfectly that the scripted level re-arrangements happen too slow for you and it fucks you up because you were too early for that enemy jumping into place so you've now just landed in front of them and lost your streak instead of bouncing off their heads.

Getting pissed offfff at the one underwater base Invasion with the four rooms of Toads to kill.

EDIT: Beat it but damn that's the hardest one yet.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 6

I know this is sorta unrelated, but Rabbids: Big Bang?

ಠ‿ಠ ahh yeah

Exclusive for Kinect I presume.

On the subject of Rabbids I'm a little sad they didn't appear anywhere in the game in the end.  I've never had a problem with them, it was nice to see them re-integrated into an actual Rayman Platformer as they were meant to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hearing from other people on how the final world is very disappointing. For you guys here, is it as enjoyable as the previous 5 worlds at least? Reading comments about how it plays with your eyes confuses the hell out of me. I'm trying not to spoil anything at the moment. XD

I'm hearing from other people on how the final world is very disappointing. For you guys here, is it as enjoyable as the previous 5 worlds at least? Reading comments about how it plays with your eyes confuses the hell out of me. I'm trying not to spoil anything at the moment. XD

After seeing some gameplay of it online, its only composed of a new (very short) music level themed of the Land of the Livid Dead stage from Origins and the previous music levels with messed up visual effects. No new full Rayman stage, no super hard Murphy stage, nothing but a new music level and remixes of the others. So, yah, it's not as enjoyable as the other worlds for that reason, but there is a charm of lissning to 8-bt versions of the music levels

tongue.png.

I guess Ubi thought with the remixed Origins levels and the invasion stages, they didn't think a epic final level like the one Origins had was not necessary. The game is great though, so its not a huge deal smile.png.

Edited by Nepenthe

Um he asked if it was enjoyable and said he was avoiding spoilers, and you just spoiled exactly what it is.

Oh man, I'm sorry unsure.png, don't know how to have the spoller tab up. I thought that he wanted to know what's in the final level, not just if its fun or not. Sorry if I spoiled things, just wanted to help :(

Oh man, I'm sorry unsure.png, don't know how to have the spoller tab up. I thought that he wanted to know what's in the final level, not just if its fun or not. Sorry if I spoiled things, just wanted to help sad.png

[spoiler]SPOILERS GO HERE[/spoiler]

Glad I read Jez's post first so I knew to avoid the spoilers.

Spoiler tag is:

[spoiler] Put spoilers here [/spoiler]

Anyway uhh, if you haven't already read that post canderson, my opinion is that the final world is fun enough and pretty satisfying, but it's no Land of the Livid Dead from Origins.  Very different kettle of fish.  My only real dissapointment with it was:

That the final music level is the one they showed

in full in a trailer months and months ago.

EDIT: Speeded.

Edited by JezMM

I'm sorry about the spoiler guy's, didn't mean to ruin the end of the game to people :(. Thanks for letting me know how to make spoiler tabs to prevent another thing like this to happen, I just want to add to the discussion, not hinder it.

Anyway, as we were talking about the music stages, which was your favorite one? I really like Castle Rock from the demo and Ocistra Chaos from a Video online as it sounds awesome (liked how they had a real ocistra to preform that, as shown from a behind-the scenes video online).

I'm sorry about the spoiler guy's, didn't mean to ruin the end of the game to people sad.png. Thanks for letting me know how to make spoiler tabs to prevent another thing like this to happen, I just want to add to the discussion, not hinder it.

Don't worry about it. Just go back to your post and edit in the spoiler tags already tongue.png

Edited by Blue Blood

Oh man, I'm sorry unsure.png, don't know how to have the spoller tab up. I thought that he wanted to know what's in the final level, not just if its fun or not. Sorry if I spoiled things, just wanted to help sad.png

Haha, well, at the time I read your post, I had completed Castle Rock 8-Bit edition and I realized that I would be replaying the music stages with these weird static effects. So it's fine. xD

I also completed Orchestral Chaos just now and I'm wondering who thought that it was a good idea to include these unnecessary effects.

I'll finish the World, but this is something I simply cannot come back to sadly.

......onto the remaining stages of this ridiculous World. xD

I can agree with JeZMM that this World doesn't come close to the fantastic finale that was the Land of the Livid Dead.

Edit: Should I spoiler tag this? Since everyone knows what the final world consists of, I assume my post is fine.

Edited by canderson

Thanks for adding the spoiler tag Nepenthe, that was really cool of you :)

Haha, well, at the time I read your post, I had completed Castle Rock 8-Bit edition and I realized that I would be replaying the music stages with these weird static effects. So it's fine. xD

I also completed Orchestral Chaos just now and I'm wondering who thought that it was a good idea to include these unnecessary effects.

I'll finish the World, but this is something I simply cannot come back to sadly.

......onto the remaining stages of this ridiculous World. xD

I can agree with JeZMM that this World doesn't come close to the fantastic finale that was the Land of the Livid Dead.

I think the whole idea of them doing the effects was to make the player use the sound to indicate when to jump/attack rather than just using you vision to do so (kinda like how people REALLY good at Guitar Hero can play the tracks without looking the screen). Kinda odd for a platformer, as well, you have to see what's ahead to time your jumps, but its an interesting twist notherless :)

Well I've just 100%'d the game as much as one can without pure grinding.  Still haven't unlocked all the Lum-locked characters but I have collected every Teensie and every Gold Lum Trophy (the latter of which was not even acknowledged by the game 8C).  I'll prolly continue to play the Challenges for a while now that I'm back into Rayman again.  Might replay Origins too.

I guess with Rayman no longer being Wii U exclusive, they wanted to get rid of the NFC features.

Yeah we couldn't have a version having content that the others don't now could we.  *stares at the 5 exclusive vita levels*